October 23, 2015 18:23:49

So, we have arrived to patch 1.3 in less than a month. LOL. Ubi-LOL.

"While our testers are currently..."

"our testers"

"OUR TESTERS"

They mean the players.

October 25, 2015 08:02:48

"They mean the players."

- CERTAINLY

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 00:30:53

I think they decided it was time to come clean on the whole beta test thing lol

Angst200
October 24, 2015 14:00:54

THE WAY UBI TREATS HEROES AND ITS FANS IS UNFORGIVABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE.

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:43:19

Very true, Heroes 5 finally became a great game after Tribes, but what happened after that, I will never understand.

TinyPurple The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 12:15:30

So leave and don't come back.

Erwinssen
October 25, 2015 18:12:27

Don't worry, dear 'ero - discover that millions already have. We're just the undertakers. ;)

Augusto2772
October 23, 2015 23:44:05

M&M Team,
I don't hesitate to give you my feedback, the strategy of Ubisoft was this: we should not spend money to test ourself a game, when we can test it and get money by means of those who buy it

Marathronite
October 23, 2015 18:46:52

The game is a failure anyway, why bother.

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
October 24, 2015 15:10:04

Because everyone is asking them to...

TinyPurple The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 12:14:32

Hush. don't want don't buy.
i'm waiting for it to stable enough to buy - and a sale.

Erwinssen
October 25, 2015 18:13:33

Counterpoint: don't competent developer, don't make. Don't stable, don't publish. Don't like hear truth, don't complain about complaining.

October 25, 2015 01:10:38

New Factions per game:
H1 - Knights, Sorcerer/Sylvan, Warlock/Dungeon, Barbarians.
H2 - Necropolis, Wizards.
H3 - Lizardmen, Inferno, Conflux.
H4 - Infernopolis (even if it's just a mix of Inferno and Necropolis).
H5 - Dwarves.
H6 - Nagas.
H7 - None... LOL.
They could have put Sea Elves instead of Sylvan, since the campaign is about Sea Elves.
Also, they could have introduced the Free Cities.
But nope, Ubilol knows better. /╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 02:21:58

I like that idea about Sea Elves, @Tito_Reni!

The Sea Elves would have been an interesting thing to explore, especially their origins, and their similarities and difference to Sylvan elves. They could have made a campaign about the two and how they interrelate (or don't), and how the two interrelate with the dark elves of Dungeon, and have made an interesting story line.

Maybe they hoped to do a new faction in a DLC that may never happen, considering the state of the game. Or maybe not.

pelicland
October 25, 2015 03:31:25

except two (Wizards and Haven) all other factions had been chosen by communities through polls... Don't blame ubisoft, we all chose.

For demons, we can see them from times to times and I won't be surprised if some dlc/extension would add see elves/dwarves/nagas/demons or any other facftions of these kinds. Personnally, I would rather seeing back demons (even though I hate them but they are part of the lore of the MM world).

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 25, 2015 03:51:33

I guarantee the sea elf lore is basically "some elves lived on the beach and worshipped Shalassa"

D4em0nL The Mighty
October 25, 2015 05:07:51

u r talking about completed games, h7 has only 1 month from release dwarfs appeared on H5HOF nagas were on wizard castles on H3 anyway most of the monsters are from H3 they just mixing them :P

victorash
October 25, 2015 06:40:40

New factios are usualy introduced with expansions. So have patience.

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 07:45:05

I hope Sea Elf lore is more interesting than just that... :/

Brommm The Dark
October 25, 2015 09:13:49

I also would like to see a new faction, but if anything it probably will add Dwarves or Inferno,
because these factions lost in voting

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 11:18:25

@pelicland
Oh please, first we "chose" two factions and not four, and while the faction votes were more or less peaceful (aside pissing off forever all dwarves fans) the lineups ones were a total disaster. I think is safe to say for a huge majority there is AT LEAST one unwanted creature in EACH lineup AND one MISSING too. This was just marketing, I don't see why I should get a blue bambi instead of Unicorn if I want Bladedancer, or neither of them if I want Phoenix.

October 25, 2015 11:42:12

Hey! Not all dwarf voters were pssing of!. I only wrote a few comments about how good are dwarves.

In any case, the line ups presentef were bad designs. Why put creatures we all love and want in different line-ups? It's stupid. I remember when they said it was because balancing issue. But that's not logic. What prevent them from changing stats of the creature to balance it? C'mon, first the units and later the balance, not on the contrary.

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 11:49:41

My bad Stormhelico. Anyway, "the conservative portion of our audience just wanted more elves".
_
—http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/smiles/hmmm.png
_
For your information Ubisoft, the real "conservative portion" is not interested AT ALL by what you do, some still wait for h4, some don't even like h5.

October 25, 2015 11:54:54

Yes, I remember when they said that lie. Waht they expected?
Dwarves vs Elves. IT was clear elves would win because many dislike dwarves from H5. Besides, it is "mythical" faction (though the mythical wasn't a damn racial faction) that has been in all Heroes games except H6.
Dar Elves vs Demons. Many o us are tired of demons, overall with the H6 experience. Wat's more, the two most mythical creatures of Heroes games are Titans and Black Dragons.

October 25, 2015 12:00:04

If the voting had been elves vs dark elves and demons vs dwarves, the results would have been very different. Or even if they had included nagas, who knows how the result would have been.
I didnt' want so many elves; but I hadn't any option. Dwarves lost and demons... ugh. H5 and H6 were very important and the main antagonist. I want other factions have the leadership (except the damn Haven that it is always the same and the main faction of H5-H7 games).

October 25, 2015 12:00:08

When the presented the interactive map of Ashan, it was sad to see so many places for Haven and almost nothing from other factions.

GiorgioLight The Magical
October 25, 2015 12:02:42

I agree that they should not create Sylvan in Heroes VII but a mix of Sylvan and Sancturary!
This would have ben really cool!I mean at the end the Sylvan campaign remembers sanctuary-sylvanian campaigns.

GiorgioLight The Magical
October 25, 2015 12:06:47

Dear Stormhelico,I agree that in the map of Ashan there were thousand of Haven towns and almost no one of the other factions.That turnes me really crazy becuase perfect factions like Academy,Sylvan and Fortress were not really mentinoned

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 12:10:10

Yeah about Dark Elves... They have NOTHING to do in Dungeon. I didn't vote for Dark Elves FFS I voted for MYTHOLOGY BEASTS not FREAKS.

October 25, 2015 12:10:21

Yes, it is all about Haven and that's really annoyes me. Heroes games are about all factions, not only one or two of them.

GiorgioLight The Magical
October 25, 2015 12:12:06

My favorite faction is HOLY ACADEMY,second is Dungeon,third is Sylvan and fourth is fortress.
In Sylvan-Fortress vote,I really suported and voted Fortress.I wanted Fortress to win because we have to se it for a long time and has apeared in one game but SYlvan has been included in Heroes1,2,3,4,5 ,clash of heroes,heroes online.

October 25, 2015 12:17:13

That's another important thing Galaad. I want a true Dungeon, a Dunegon with mythological beast, a faction being ruled by warlocks and dark lords. If they want a dark elf faction, they can create it, but IT SHOULDN'T BE DUNGEON. It upsets me that they want to show us a Dungeon faction but with dark elves and a true Black Dragon. They should respect the faction... and many other things.

GiorgioLight The Magical
October 25, 2015 12:17:33

Also a lot of heroes players call Sylvan they Gay faction of heroes games and then they call Fortress and Stronghold the homophobe factions of the universe.I totally dissagree and I am the live proof of that because I am gay and I prefere Fortress,and voted Fortress.So that racist comments I usually see are bollshits.

October 25, 2015 12:20:51

I like Sylvan too... though I prefer the"sylvan" faction of H2-H4 (sorceress, nature and preserve). Well, I prefer the H1-H4 factions rather than what we have right now. One game.. ok, two... it starts to annoying me. Three... ugh. I really hate the idea of racial factions because it kills the variety. That's why these factions feels so tiring, because they are racial and allows few changes.; and that's why I voted dwarves, because it is less usual.

October 25, 2015 12:22:00

Edit: It upsets me that they want to show us a Dungeon faction but with dark elves and a butterfly Black Dragon

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 12:22:55

@Stormhelico
_
Exactly, but no Ashan is shitting on what we love once again, dark elves, striders ... Have some taste ffs, and as you rightly say, respect too.

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 12:55:48

In Heroes 8, you should be able to get all factions, as long as they are elf-spiders!?

October 25, 2015 13:00:59

Ubisoft had to just make a separate faction, the "faction of Erwan Namtar" ) )

October 25, 2015 13:02:58

and to dump all the nonsense and all favorite stuffed scarecrow Ubisoft. )

October 25, 2015 13:54:19

Change REQUIRED to the Butterfly Dragon!
Change REQUIRED to the Blue Bambi!
Sun Deer is ok but I still want Unicorns! They have been in the Sylvan forces since FIRST Heroes of Might and Magic!

And simply the Shadow Dragon NOR Black Dragon doesn't look GRIM enough!!

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 25, 2015 15:02:47

Galaad what would you think of dark elves if they got their own faction? Do you just not like them in heroes games or do you think they could be alright if they were removed from dungeon?

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 15:18:22

Back in the days Dungeon was a faction populated by unspeakable abominations, fearsome mythological beasts and the like, it has never been about dark elves and these pale purples f*cks. So yes, in my eyes Dungeon is being butchered by Ashan. If all these were into their own stealth (or whatever) faction unrelated to Dungeon, probably would be a faction I wouldn't like, but at least I could still enjoy Dungeon for what is supposed to be.

Galaad_Alt
October 25, 2015 15:19:00

And yes, people made it crystal clear they wanted a REAL Black Dragon, instead of that awful recycled butterfly wannabe.

October 25, 2015 15:31:22

it's not a butterfly, and the poor little kitten with wings. )

October 25, 2015 18:43:19

@pelicland - Please, don't say that. We only choosed between the options they offered. There was not a real choice.
@D4em0nL - The basic version of H6 gave us nagas, a new Faction. So, nope, we don't have to wait for expansions or crappy DLCs.
@kunoichi_chan - Exactly, they should have made a mix between Sylvan and Sanctuary. That would be awesome, but creative directors of Ubilol have no creativity.

October 25, 2015 18:44:26

@Stormhelico - Yes, the votes should have been Sylvan VS Dungeon and Fortress VS Inferno, that would have been more fair.

And, I want Free Cities. I am tired of stupid Elrath, I want to go with Ylath warriors and destroy inquisitor's asses.

October 25, 2015 18:55:46

@Rimgrabber - Yes, and the lore of the sylvan elves is "some elves lived on the forest and worshipped Sylanna". That is the level of creativity in Ubilol.

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 25, 2015 19:01:48

Dark elves and medusae: "some elves/nagas lived underground and worshipped Malassa"

October 25, 2015 19:11:25

@Rimgrabber - Exactly xDDD

Just to remember to you all, in Jadame (M&M 8) dark elves lived in a dark forest. They were a dark version of the sylvans, not drow. The Dungeon Faction was a minotaur kingdom.

October 25, 2015 19:21:10

Do you know why we had these votes? Because:
Sylvan and Fortress were not in H6 and they couldn't recycle anything.
Dungeon and Inferno were in H6 and they could recycle some things..

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 25, 2015 19:37:58

IS TIME TO FINISH WITH ASHAN WORLD, AND CREATE SOME NEW RACES

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 25, 2015 19:43:55

RETURN WARLOCK AND SORCERESS :D

SandroOmega The Mad
October 25, 2015 19:52:13

First of all finish Raelag Story then do with ashan everything they want.

October 25, 2015 20:01:37

Raelag and post-DarkMessiah story. Let's enjoy the KA-BOOM of Ashan. xDDD

And then, we return to the Original Universe.

October 25, 2015 20:02:38

They could do the post-DM thing with a game like King's Bounty, so we can focus the HoMM saga in better things.

October 25, 2015 20:05:49

I would establish H8 in Jadame, using it as a bridge between H3 and H4.

October 25, 2015 20:07:37

Or go to the native world of Lord Morglin Ironfist (the father of Roland and Archibald).

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 26, 2015 03:11:44

H8 is the time where someone who loves the Heroes series to be hired along with a team who love the Heroes series, to give a wonderful new start to the game.
They need to be creative to consider how to best bring back all the original factions, and maybe turn some of the Ashan creatures into a separate faction. They could have a mixed elf-spider-Erwin faction. :p

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 26, 2015 03:11:59

Either way, they need to bring back unicorn, fairy dragon, the creatures of dungeon, Inferno. I want ALL factions to appear, plus a new one that fits in with the flavour of the game - magical/fairy tale/mythology. There are so many creatures from legend and lore around the world to pick from!

D4em0nL The Mighty
October 26, 2015 03:50:34

Ubi didn't funded limbic enough to release a full game (recycled creatures crappy music lack of content and BUGS!!) they rushed the release because contracts have deadlines ... They released a beta as a full game and with the money from the sales they fixing it...

D4em0nL The Mighty
October 26, 2015 03:50:43

If in H8 they have to create a new world with new lore and mythology we will have to expect another crappy release with more bugs and less content maybe an alpha version :P Lets hope for now that the money they got are enough to make the game playable in every aspect and will see,,,,

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 04:23:10

An ice-themed faction could be interesting, we don't really have that. There could be ice age themed things like mammoths and smilodons, but also weird things like remorhazs (remorhaz?remorhazi?). Even yuki-onnas would be pretty awesome if Santuary players wouldn't mind too much.

kunoichi_chan The Kreegan
October 26, 2015 10:33:51

Ice dragons! Cave bears and cave lions, too!

October 26, 2015 13:47:59

Don't be angry with me but I will create completely new Factions. Seriously, aren't you tired of the same thing over and over? Because that's one of Ashan's biggest problems.

bitmaid The Magical
October 27, 2015 09:32:44

The Sea elf/ Sylvan campaign in H7 is the most boring, most bland one of all. It's just not interesting at all and it's quite dumb. The archipelagos are cool, but the story and the quests and the heroes are so boring it feels as though they have run out of things to say about those elves.. I totally agree they should be creating new factions.

October 24, 2015 13:43:59

Oh dear dear... I see Mr3lion and some others are doing their best to keep an atmosphere friendly xD
Well, too fucken late. It could be friendly before the game has been wasted. We were asking A LOT to talk to us (was it that hard since this blog was announced as a communication tool?) and been ignored for a year or so. They were talking that they were collecting our feedback and giving some fake figures like "80% of players don't care about the townscreens" and junk like that.

October 24, 2015 13:45:19

Well, you know what they say: "no cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it." xD

October 24, 2015 13:46:06

But we were pushing hard to help as much as we can and to just have a talk in comments with some of the community team. But yeah. We've been ignored. And fooled that our feedback been collected. Bullshit. It hasn't been collected and it has been totally ignored. Any non-scripted changes were implemented.

RobvD84 The Mad
October 24, 2015 13:49:16

There is a difference between beeing rude, giving death threads, bullying someone and just beeing angry and letting that known in a more normal way. Nobody is saying you can't be angry, but the internet and beeing anon doesn't give you te right to behave like a idiot and a total ass.

October 24, 2015 13:49:44

And after we were using the only one tool left to pay devs' attention - extensive spam (take into a consideration that we've been constructive all the time before but just got tired from being ignored). After that they've made an extremely offensive article which generally claimed "You want something else? Well, fuck you. We know better and screw all of you and all your ideas...

October 24, 2015 13:52:51

Besides, bad behaviour reflects back on the community. Some individuals, whose names I shall not mention, are doing a terrific job at chasing away people who come here to share their thoughts, ideas and concerns - be they positive or negative. That leaves the SC in the state of a prison camp where Only One Opinion is the True Opinion. Kind of makes the 'community' look bad in the eyes of visitors to this site. Good job, gentlemen. Good job.

October 24, 2015 13:58:16

мурка складно на инглиш чешет ) прям зачиталась ^^

October 24, 2015 14:00:02

You say: "my vote is my money. I won't buy the game and that's all and I don't need to be offensive" - that's your business, once again. Up to me there's nothing bad in mocking in an answer. When I got hit, I will pay that with bonus. I'm not living according to Jesus rules lol. So no need to teach neither me, nor other dudes how to behave.

October 24, 2015 14:01:53

As Rob says, anger is justified. By all means, unleash hell upon Ubisoft. The way in which it is expressed: not so much. I don't know if people are feeling proud that they can rage from behind their computer in their mother's basement, but realize that the community is negatively impacted in that way. Be angry, I won't stop you. But don't fall into the trap of insults and the like...no one benefits from that, not you, not the game.

October 24, 2015 14:02:46

>> doesn't give you te right to behave like a idiot and a total ass.
Well, pictures of Erwin was fun lol. Still was too much butthurt from fellas xD I don't care but still.
Death threats - lol, ye, too much. But I was talking in general. There are some exclusions as always.

October 24, 2015 14:03:32

Venting your frustration like normal people will get the message across too. No need to 'eat shit silently'.

October 24, 2015 14:05:00

And humurous pictures, like the Spider-Erwan and the like, are a way of poking fun at him. It's a form of satire that's a way of doing things ;).

October 24, 2015 14:06:47

It's a creative way, and much better than "go f* yourself" or something. See what I mean? There are so many good ways of disagreeing with whatever and whoever, keep doing THOSE.
And those only.

Marathronite
October 24, 2015 14:07:52

"Venting your frustration like normal people will get the message across too." - No it doesn't.

October 24, 2015 14:08:09

October 24, 2015 14:08:19

>>Only One Opinion is the True Opinion.
The same as the Spider Vision, don't you think? ;)
Where did you see here that occasion here? I didn't notice. Tbh I don't read your posts in a regular way because you post almost the same each time but I admit that you are reasonable and have your opinion. I have nothing against and didn't see you've been attacked for your posts.

October 24, 2015 14:12:13

>>Venting your frustration like normal people will get the message across too. No need to 'eat >>shit silently'.
----
We were doing it exactly so. Sarcasm and satire are ancient tools. Some of fellas don't understand it. Up to me that a sign of shortminded people. Like fanatics which attacked Charlie Hebdoo. I bet even Erwin himself laughed from our Appreciation Party. But moralfags keep hating lol.

October 24, 2015 14:14:47

Yea, the Spider Vision goes in that direction too :P. What I mean by that is that the dislike for H7 is welcomed, and people who try to be positive often find themselves in a difficult position. It shouldn't be that way, but a lot of things shouldn't be as they are. My posts may seem repetitive, but the same could be said from a number of the posts against Ubisoft etc (imo).

October 24, 2015 14:16:51

>>It was a wonderful satirical response to the fans of Ubisoft, which all deceived.
You are reading my mind, @Mirash. There's a great difference between being offensive and satirize the situation.
It's ridiculous. Like talling that Decimus Junius and Horatius invented offensiveness and way of mocking, not the way of art and expression.

October 24, 2015 14:17:01

October 24, 2015 14:21:23

On this site there are a lot of people with the intellect, but the company Ubisoft probably thinks sitting here stupid kids that parents buy games.

October 24, 2015 14:21:46

Let's just say that a good, normal way of criticizing, satirizing and mocking is a way of building a file, so to speak, wherein one can find the things proposed, accepted and denied by the community. This will be a good way for an external developer/publisher to catch up to what the community really wants. And if Ubi kicks the bucket, that file will be the tool to build a Heroes closer to the fans, old and new alike. Posts like "f* Ubi", "Fire Erwan" are not really helping xD.

October 24, 2015 14:22:39

>>but the same could be said from a number of the posts against Ubisoft etc (imo).
Yes, of course they are and I realize that not many of my opponents are reading my walls too lol. But my target isn't people whom I like to re-convince. They have their own truth. But I'm just informing others about the situation. I trully believe that ubisoft doesn't deserve respect and our money.

October 24, 2015 14:23:13

And the message may not reach Ubisoft, but you can be damn well sure it reaches other places. Consider that, too ;).

October 24, 2015 14:23:40

The heroes played by people of all ages and professions, artists and programmers as well.
Короче говоря за дураков тут Юби держит всех ))

October 24, 2015 14:25:34

>>. This will be a good way for an external developer/publisher to catch up to what the >>community really wants.
Don't you say that we didn't try our best to do that from the beginning and started to "Fire Erwan" without a reason?

October 24, 2015 14:27:21

>>Look at us, getting all worked up over a video game. What's become of our lives? :P

October 24, 2015 14:29:12

That constructive criticizing has indeed been going on for a while now. I don't mean to say that you're not trying hard enough, on the contrary! And you make it plainly clear that Erwan is not the man for the job. Now, that is something Ubisoft may not give a damn about (and just continue like they want to), but if H8 falls into the hands of someone else, it could turn into the diamond we all want it to be.

October 24, 2015 14:29:39

>>Posts like "f* Ubi", "Fire Erwan" are not really helping xD.
Well...I think so too, and personally I try to use thinner jokes and mockings when possible. But I understand people who post stuff like that. And actually I think that such catchphrases are becoming memetic. So they help to make a statement. We got to admit it.

October 24, 2015 14:29:39

<<< What's become of our lives? :P >>
I like a lot of fun! ))

October 24, 2015 14:30:44

"Well, that's my regular job and one of the hobbies too. So I don't feel like I wasted my time in vain :P"

Hehe :P

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:41:57

IMHO unacceptable behavior comes from both sides. I heard MMH7 was a compilation of Heroes 3 and Heroes 5, but when I read comments and user reviews, I hardly believe it. Maybe I will buy this game in the future, but not now for sure. I have to admit I am highly unimpressed by the visuals and I see a lot of recycling from Heroes 6. I also fear Limbic will end up bankrupted like Black Hole.

October 24, 2015 14:45:37

>>I have to admit I am highly unimpressed by the visuals and I see a lot of recycling from >>Heroes 6.
---
According to the beta I played game seemed average to me. Not the way I'd like to see heroes series to look alike...

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:49:02

It just doesn't look like a 2015 game, more like 2010. But that's my opinion.

October 25, 2015 07:20:22

I have written constructive feedback...
At the meantime I would have wanted to write comments like "fire-Erwan", "fire-Ubi", "fuck-Ubi" and all other comments like that..
But I didn't.. And I was hoping to get answer from M&M team (blue text) BUT NO!!
I think they only READ those hatred posts and DELETE them!
Well of course they delete them.. IT SEEMS THEY DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AT ALL!!!

October 25, 2015 07:26:52

"I heard MMH7 was a compilation of Heroes 3 and Heroes 5, but when I read comments and user reviews, I hardly believe it."
@ LichArch
- This is NOTHING like that! Combined H3 and H5 would be more complete than this MISHMASH!

October 25, 2015 07:29:34

"It just doesn't look like a 2015 game, more like 2010. But that's my opinion."

COMPLETELY AGREE ! ! !
This game is from Stone Age! ;))

October 25, 2015 07:40:26

I think the most of us are adults..
But because of the LIES and DECEPTIONS we begin to act lice angsting teenagers!

#FixTheGame
#SUR (Because you ARE NOT doing it!)
#WeToldYouSoButYouKnewBetter

October 25, 2015 07:56:28

OH!! ONE thing I forgot that I had in mind!

I regret that I pre-ordered this MISHMASH!! I were very hopeful that this was going to be better than Heroes 5!!
But for bloody f****** HELL NO ! ! !
When I played the first Beta at FIRST time..... I was soooo diappointed!
This game has no RIGHT to call itself "best of Heroes" NOR "Heroes of Migh and Magic" ! ! !

October 23, 2015 18:49:54

Okay, when are you going to release the real game? ...are you going to do it?

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 25, 2015 20:01:12

ASHAN MUST END

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 25, 2015 20:01:25

#AME

October 25, 2015 21:05:35

Sorry, I like Ashan and want it to continue.
And we don't know if most of fans who are passive like it or not.

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
October 25, 2015 21:14:54

We need to do a Heroes 4 to Ashan.

October 25, 2015 21:20:22

And I bet, if Ubi makes any other world for Heroes, you will by shouting "this is even worse than Ashan"...

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 25, 2015 21:22:42

@antalyan

And you want the same factions and same stories based on human / inferno factions, during heroes V, VI, VII, and the future Heroes VIII ??? FOUR similar games. Only dwarves and naga are new Ashan, and their stories are secondary

October 25, 2015 21:26:04

@antalayan - I also like Ashan but, man, we already had 3 HoMM games set in Ashan. Time to move on.

They can explain how Ashan is destroyed (post-DarkMessiah) in a spin-off or something.

agar6 The Mad
October 25, 2015 21:27:51

Yes, inflamed brain, which created Ashan hardly come up with something better.

October 25, 2015 21:34:05

I like discovering new connections between different Ubi games which take place in Ashan. New world means all new rules, factions, stories. Too many things to learn again. And too many possibilities how to fail totally.

October 25, 2015 21:35:08

Fail For Ubi of course. So I guess Ubi will do it and will be the next thing people will criticise them for.

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 25, 2015 21:40:39

I liked Ashan in H5 where it was less obvious that every faction was a religious cult (especially necropolis), things didn't glow "becuz lore" and there weren't 7 magic schools "becuz lore". Then MMH happened.....

LichArch
October 25, 2015 21:41:27

People don't criticize because they want to, they criticize because they have reasons. There is so many things wrong with Ashan I wouldn't know where to start. It is a failed, dumbed down and not popular revamp not even rooted correctly and full of retcons, a total mess. And btw, H7 is the latest game set in Ashan, DoC is dead, CoH is dead, M&M is dead, every other game set there is dead, isn't it a sign that this setting should end as well?
#AME

October 25, 2015 23:09:31

A BLINDING FLASH!

October 26, 2015 10:53:35

ASHA MUST FALL ! ! !

October 26, 2015 10:55:56

@ Tito_Reni

- Indeed, time to move on!

October 26, 2015 16:02:26

Most of players unfortunately don't visit this council and are playing singleplayer a lot, so I guess they like Ashan. Otherwise, they would probably prefer multiplayer.
I may be wrong. But who knows, what these players think about Ashan.

October 26, 2015 18:35:19

Why is it that a couple of the well known critics of Ashan keep spamming "end Ashan" as if they speak for the majority of the userbase(sorry, HC polls don't cut it) and think that somehow by taking turns spamming it, it is therefore more logical and legit.
@Khan
So basically do something unoriginal and that will upset fans of the previous setting?

October 23, 2015 18:29:03

Seriously, if you don't like this game, just leave. But don't bother us with you stupid spams.
You will get nothing for it, it may only make Ubi to ignore the community when developing next Heroes (if any) as it brings them only troubles.
If you have (or will have) something what helps to improve the game, you are welcomed, if you want only to read some info, you are welcomed, but if you don't want to do something good for this game, at least avoid these stupid things like spamming.

October 23, 2015 18:31:18

"at least avoid these stupid things like spamming."

That, and insulting fellow councillors. A good way to kill the SC, because the good people leave (because they feel unwelcomed, intimidated etc) leaving only the bad apples. If this trend continues, I'm out as well. A carefree environment for all of us is what benefits the stream of useful feedback.

October 23, 2015 18:34:44

"...it may only make Ubi to ignore the community when developing next Heroes..."

Yeah, like if they ever listened to us.

janesz091 The Faithful
October 23, 2015 18:35:44

you're absolutely right

mbpopolano24
October 23, 2015 18:40:16

They find enjoyment in being bullies on the internet, they'll never leave. Ubisoft did not help releasing a subpar product, but most of spammer do not care about the franchise, they just care about showing how empty their lives are. I spend my time playin the game, instead of wasting my time here. I just come for the announcements, and to send some sporadic positive messages. Yes, there are people who enjoy the game, deal with it, spammers....

October 23, 2015 18:43:43

hooliganism on the site - is the result of "feedback", which is not. So sometimes you can get attention.

October 23, 2015 18:49:45

<< I spend my time playin the game, instead of wasting my time here. I just come for the announcements, and to send some sporadic positive messages. >>
you are so important to write)) play computer games - it is certainly a serious matter. Especially in games that do not require the mind. ))

October 23, 2015 18:53:43

You may not notice how much they follow fans' requsted (I had not too some time ago). They usually don't come and say: here you have it, we have followed your advices.
No. They simply listen, often without comments, and then possibly make some changes. Of course, some things cannot be changed cause of low budget, but i think Limbic is trying, their last HC "5 things to change list" is the evidence.

October 23, 2015 19:02:10

Antalya, I would like to believe the best, especially the scale and multiplayer. But so far I do not see a running game. Game inconvenient and uncomfortable, the interface is not friendly to me.

October 23, 2015 19:09:36

I know many people write about the franchise, graphics, gameplay .....
However, "the theater begins with a wardrobe" - a Russian proverb.
Interface, scale, color, interesting characters, the atmosphere - these little = it began to attract us. And here ?

October 23, 2015 19:11:45

And speaking of spam - mail me constantly is advertising by Ubisoft. ))

victorash
October 23, 2015 23:15:18

Yes more constructive criticism is needed and more positive feed-back. Like every human - also devs work better to resolve the bugs when they have better morale

dev0chka
October 23, 2015 23:50:50

let Yubisoft return the money and within 5 minutes I was more here will never be

Augusto2772
October 24, 2015 08:46:56

Antalyn I have a question for you:
how many and what problems that must occur before realizing that instead of helping Ubisoft, we are doing for free their work of testers?

sz_roland The Guardian
October 24, 2015 09:14:15

The problem is not the spamming,the problem is that they express their opinion like this without any constructive part.
There's a chance that they won't change anything of course but at least it will be much better and will have a greater chance to be listened than "FUCK YOU UBISUCKS" ...

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:47:50

"if you don't like this game, just leave."
With all the respect that's total BS. If you're happy you play the game and comment on strategies, if you are upset about things better be vocal. You criticize spamming but look at this place, every post being made here technically is spamming. I highly disagree people being disappointed by a product should be silent, especially if they bought it price of a AAA title and it turns out its still in beta state.

October 24, 2015 15:01:06

I say nothing like "this game is perfect and it does not deserve criticism".
When there is a problem (and there are plenty of them), it should be referred, in many different ways. How much Ubi listens is of course another problem then.
But empty spamming without pointing at any concrete problem brings nothing good.

October 24, 2015 15:03:02

@LichArch
Sorry, it would be better to be there "you may leave". I meant that nobody makes to stay here, if they don't want to improve the game, and only insult Ubi instead.

LichArch
October 24, 2015 15:04:16

I beg to differ, no one likes to receive flaming from angry fans, knowing Ubisoft and its reputation it comes to me as no surprise. Sometimes it might just be the only way, even if not pretty.

TinyPurple The Kreegan
October 25, 2015 12:15:51

Thank you!

GiorgioLight The Magical
October 25, 2015 12:20:46

High five Antalyan!
Haters just leave!

brunocarneiro15
October 26, 2015 15:37:32

- Dumbest AI ever.
- Crashes everywhere.
- Multiplayer unplayable.
- Some abilities from skill wheel keep reseting the point, and u can't learn that sh...
- Some magics from itens or scrolls keep replicating, like ''call gold dragon" and after some fights you can have an entire army of that parrot.

Thanks M&M Team, is that hard just to make Heroes 3 in 3D ?
With a such unique predecessor, how can u make this kind of product.

ed_bnf
October 27, 2015 14:41:37

Dude, you have to move on... HoMM 3 was released 16 years ago, was a great game then but was far from being flawless either. Comparing both game as of today is just plain stupid. If you still enjoy Homm3 go play it and stop whining about the past. Hear me well, that doesn't excuse ubilimbic from releasing a game infested with bugs and poor IA and so on. It's just that Homm 3 doesnt deserve to be put up on a pedestal like this.

Antarius90 The Mysterious
October 26, 2015 10:53:48

#AshanMustEndNow #AMEN

October 26, 2015 11:00:00

ASHAN MUST FALL

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
October 26, 2015 12:24:43

Surely there's another land on that planet, or use the old portal to another world trick.

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 14:01:27

There's not even an Edit button on this simple blog, they won't have an Edit button for an entire world whatsoever.

benhelmuth
October 26, 2015 14:30:16

Time for Urgash to succeed?

RobvD84 The Mad
October 26, 2015 15:28:35

Hmmm that would actually be a good story. That Urgash invade the world and almost destroyed everything. Then all factions have to unite to destroy the demons who are now free. With a lot of destroyed landscape and at the end the world will start to restore itself. With the picture of the sun breaking through and stuff like that.

October 26, 2015 15:56:59

We cannot know if approximately 80 % of fans/buyers, who never comment on this forum, like Ashan (as me) or don't like it (as many of you). But as most of people play only singleplayer (80% according to Ubi), I guess they like it, otherwise they would have no idea to play singleplayer only.

Galaad_Alt
October 26, 2015 16:13:38

Antalyan you're not making any sense. Also your "argument" can go both ways. And if you don't know most polls show people don't like Ashan, is close to 70% against it in HC for example. You're being selfish. Also is funny that you panic, as if posting here ever changed anything lol
(sure we got Lich and Vampire, but that's all and they were expecting it, also I think gurs was a set up from start, remember they TOLD us to ask, and anyway, random implementation in this game is a fallacy).

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 16:29:15

People who play single player are not mandatory those who play and only play campaign. I basically don't care about story and campaigns. I like playing skirmish maps on single player or, at most, hotseat. And I know I'm not part of a few.

October 26, 2015 16:29:48

Eh... right, even if we posted and upvoted here for Heroes to change to scifi world, it would be not important for Ubi.
As regards polls, yes, I know that active Heroes players do not like Ashan, but I guess many people don't visit SC, HC or forums like that.
Am I selfish in this if I want Ashan to live? Probably. But all fans here are the same. They always write what they personally want-

October 26, 2015 16:33:42

Most people playing multiplayer . Sooner or later, playing with computer intelligence bored.
In multiplayer, it does not care, Ashan - Anashan. Need interesting characters, an interesting strategy , Tactics, smart game, and fun, unique, charming troops.

October 26, 2015 16:35:38

Convenient user-friendly interface and so on.

Galaad_Alt
October 26, 2015 16:46:02

Actually there is plenty stuff I posted here was huge wishes coming from community, not me alone, maybe is why my main account is above level 90 lol

October 26, 2015 16:50:04

You don't have to be alone. But it is always your opinion, your wish. If it is similar to most of community is another thing.

October 26, 2015 16:58:37

Gala, antalyan
I would have supported the community, but I have a problem with English ))

Galaad_Alt
October 26, 2015 16:58:43

I will give you an example, I tried to push for random skills + free perks even though my personal preference is all random. But I know majority and people I trust tried to push for this too. You're starting to really annoy me.

October 26, 2015 17:07:14

Antalya as a weather vane, writes - differently. But reading a year of permanent members of " the Council " , your mother, " shadows " \ )) , and listening to myself, I think in the right direction at the Gala. I generally trust people with a sense of humor. )

October 26, 2015 17:11:04

Antalya has a staff " 8 incarnation of Asha " ))
PS I liked the new accounts, avatar site ugly and boring.

October 26, 2015 18:18:50

Ashan is actually a really good setting. I witness many fantasy settings from many games, movies, books, role playing games etcd and Ashan is actually pretty good. The conservative fans seriously overrate the old universe, it wasn't bad, but was kind of silly...

@Galaad_SC
Wait, polls? Are you seriously going to use forum polls to determine what tens of thousands of people think? This may come to a shocker to you, but the HC is such a small population compared to the user base.

October 26, 2015 18:24:25

@Galaad_SC
And "Bullshan"? Seriously? Hahaha this is even more funny than the infamously toxic Bioware community forums.

Galaad_Alt
October 26, 2015 18:26:33

Lol you're just using the same "argument" as antalyan. You can think all the "silent fan base" likes Ashan, but you can also think they don't, or simply don't care lol
All in all you simply don't have proof about these, whatever the side your on, so maybe better to find better points to make instead of trying to find support from ghosts lol

October 26, 2015 18:32:30

"Statistical chicken" distorts people's opinions. In any case, most do not have any strong opinions about the game. Speaking of the "series", the series know about the people who played it. I have not played in H 3 , but I understand that H 3 time-tested, as well as H 5.
The verdict has long been known.

October 26, 2015 18:35:12

Nevertheless, I liked it a lot in the "Heroes 6", but nothing to be desired of 6 are not taken. NOTHING. Heroes, achievements, user-friendly interface, unique characters, convenient server \ really worked very badly, but was comfortable and modern \. Nothing, in short.

October 26, 2015 18:37:49

@Galaad_SC
Actually I am not claiming to know what the majority think. For all we know, the majority of the userbase can like, love, dislike, hate or be neutral about Ashan. However, what *you* are doing is claiming to know the majority. Therefore, the burden of proof is on you. Not I or Anta

October 26, 2015 18:40:09

Ashan , non - Ashan,,,, what a difference, the game is currently done by 50 percent, despite the pre-orders, but multiplayer level of the 19th century. That's the whole story.

October 26, 2015 18:43:41

@Galaad
Have you ever asked Ubi for something you did not want? If you have the same opinion as the most of active fanbase, it is really easy to say - I am not selfish, I want only what fanbase wants. Being selfish means to make the things to be good for you, and not for all the others. And as it is not possible to make everyone happy with Heroes and everyone has different opinion, in fact everyone is a bit selfish.The only unselfish solution is to look for everyone's wishes...

October 26, 2015 18:47:04

About my opinion about H7-Ubi-Limbic, as Mirash nicely says, I am not sure what to think about them.
Sometimes, they are looking as hard working devs with effort, caring about fanbase (Limbic stil seems to be). In many other cases, it seems that heroes are the way how to earn money for Ubi and they want to make no good Heroes, only money.

October 26, 2015 18:49:50

If the devs ever wanted to start a new setting, although I and other Ashan fans may be disappointed, then they should do it without crapping on the fans of Ashan by unoriginally destroying Ashan and instead leave Ashan alone and start a new setting. That is the most neutral, respectful way *if* they wanted to start a new setting.

October 26, 2015 18:50:55

This game has plenty of mistakes and many good things in too. It depends how you want to look at it, cause you will never get perfect Heroes, especially not from Ubi.
Whenever I see some good step from Ubilimbic, my reincarnations 1-4 come and I want to thank Ubilimbic for this thing I like.
Whenever I dislike some their step, my reinc. 5-8 appear and criticise Ubilimbic :)

October 26, 2015 18:56:17

What surprises me is that many fans of the old games seem to be under this impression that if the series gets into the hands of some other company or developer, that for some reason they will bend to the every will of the old fanbase which dominates the HC forums. It is *very* unlikely that any developer or company could appease the older fanbase. There will always be something they did wrong, something that did not meet the expectations of the older fanbase.

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 18:57:06

And I think that's precisely one of the blatant problems with this game: it has nothing new. It clings so hard on the past and fails with the new, not being one nor the other. It has nothing on its own. Which is to say, key features, some true, meaningful innovation to the series, something that would ADD a chapter as a mandatory new feature. I cannot sympathize with something that tries desperately pray on old. I sympathize with something that has means to survive on its own.

LichArch
October 26, 2015 19:06:42

So what, 64% of the steam reviewers are part of the old fan base is this what you're saying?
Your posts are laughable, Ashan is a truckload of shit, the most dumbed down fantasy setting I've ever seen, what comes as a shock to me is that some people love it, thank gods they seem to be no more than a few. And yes, let's dismiss all input from the active fans because they don't matter, great thinking. H5 became good in the end precisely because of this 1% of playerbase or whatever so plz shut up.

October 26, 2015 19:08:49

@sussugamon
I dislike many things in H7 now but not this one. When H4 or H6 wanted to bring new things, they were not successful. And you will complain about too few news in H7?
It should be The best of Heroes (it is not now, but it is a concept, so it should not bring new things).

October 26, 2015 19:22:16

@LichArch
The reviews were critical about the terrible technical performance and truck loads of bugs. Not the setting. And even then, the steam reviews are only a small fraction of the sales. How is Ashan dumbed down? Seriously, I play all sorts of fantasy settings, tell me how it is "dumbed down". Dumbed down from what? Spaceships? Aliens?
Also, they should dismiss the proven unrealistic fans such as yourself who are active in not much more than complaining over your preferences not being fit.

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 20:14:00

@antalyan
The Best of Heroes is subjective, too much for promising. Their main mistake started just there. It should be a Good Heroes game. It will only be when it stops chasing the shadow of the others and start having one of its own. But to be like that, one must understand all past successes, all past failures, fix failures, create the new magic (the reason why this game should exist) and move on. It's not a smart idea trying to live on face lifts these days.

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:28:35

Fix of various remaining crashes
Fix of various gameplay bugs (adventure map, combat and skills/abilities)
Fix of various localization issues
Fix of various HUD and GUI glitches/bugs
Additional Audio and FX fixes
AI performances improvements and balancing fixes

LichArch
October 24, 2015 14:28:55

Lol, is this some kind of joke?

October 24, 2015 14:31:39

It is a professional trolling from Ubisoft. )

October 25, 2015 07:47:43

Because this game has still so many bugs and it isn't NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS Heroes 5 TotE or Heroes 2 Gold SO I will play some other great games!! Such as King's Bounty!

FOR it reminds of Heroes series but it has it's own kind of unique strategy!
IT has NO bugs!
IT is complete!
IT works properly!
IT has good AI!
Last but not certainly least, I like the KB game!

October 25, 2015 07:50:20

And there are other reasons too why I play King's Bounty..
In that game it is so cool that you don't have to change turns or wait AI to move!
Well of course some of the creatures are on patrol in the land..
BUT the enemy heroes doesn't move and I can fight them whenever I want to. :)

October 25, 2015 08:01:29

By the way...
Does anyone know if there is going King's Bounty expansion this year??

Because I haven't found any proof of that! :D

Brommm The Dark
October 25, 2015 09:15:08

I also found no mention, and as a big fan of the series would play gladly in the new part of the King 's Bounty

eloar0
October 25, 2015 10:40:52

Many people critised King's Bounty series for using the same graphics and little changes introduced. Perhaps they're working on brand new engine and then KB2 ?
Hope not, I'm quite found of current style.

October 25, 2015 11:38:30

I love King's Bounty games. His style, his world, the quests, the development of the heroes, the very different magics, the skills...
However, It is always the same. I love it but I have played all King's Bounty games and I feel tired. The music, the creatures, skills... all is the same. I don't want it loses his "magic", but I need a change and I put my trust in their abilities to make new amazing game without making the game less "magical", like the games we all know.

October 25, 2015 12:51:16

"However, It is always the same. I love it but I have played all King's Bounty games and I feel tired. The music, the creatures, skills... all is the same."
@ Stormhelico

Fortunately I haven't played it so much. :)
Previously I played just The Legend but I bought few expanison packs from Steam..
So there is a lot to play! :D

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
October 25, 2015 13:11:24

I enjoyed King's Bounty: The Legend immensely! Crossworlds, WotN then Dark Side did get repetitive as the series went on. It's a game that doesn't have a lot of replay value as it is. Having "expansions" that do little to change things up hurts it. Still feel KIng's Bounty: The Legend did it best and has the best world. I can't stand island hopping.

October 25, 2015 13:15:20

The King's Bounty is very funny witty quests. Everyone remembers a dragon - the alcoholic who ate drunken gnomes? )

October 25, 2015 13:24:13

The dragon was pretty fun and the purple dragon was the most strange dragon I have ever seen xD
But the best companions were from King's Bounty The Legend. Overall The Repaer (imo):

@KhanOfSlaughter
King's Bounty Armored Princess/Crossworld is/are the best for me. It improves the The Legend experience and include many new things.

October 25, 2015 13:26:02

I liked to fly) , good toy is made with love

October 25, 2015 13:28:14

read texts quests - a pleasure , tactics - interesting, like all units.

October 25, 2015 13:28:53

King's Bounty is pure love.

Brommm The Dark
October 25, 2015 13:49:48

Kings Bounty is very good game, ith every part of King's Bounty good so much fun.

October 25, 2015 13:56:22

Good to hear it Brommm!

I look foward to play them all! :)

October 25, 2015 19:08:54

I hope they are not making another f***ing expansion. They should go for King's Bounty 2, and make real improvements, so it looks like a new game, not like an extra scenario for The Legend.

If instead of making KB2 they keep making expansions, they will end up killing the saga.

October 25, 2015 21:21:09

So keep playing King's Bounty if you like it so much...

LichArch
October 24, 2015 20:40:27

Pretty much how I see current situation: - http://static1.squarespace.com/static/514a1c4fe4b0905e2ade2dd4/t/559175efe4b0c90750b4bc74/1435596287582/?format=750w

October 25, 2015 06:14:48

Haha! Lol

Indeed this game has the same situation! :D

g4m3b0x
October 24, 2015 01:18:10

Shame on you Ubi! This is a heritage game. The basic mechanics are the same - WTF are you doing?
Tell the corporates that there won’t be a ‘market’ if you keep pulling shit like this. We are not stupid.

ERENDER
October 24, 2015 02:14:35

THIS^

October 26, 2015 15:56:59

Sandro uses the power of the Void to erase Ashan from existence, so we all forget about it.

THE END.

October 26, 2015 16:08:41

This is actually the only thing which could make me not regret the end of Ashan.
Otherwise, i will always apply for it to continue.

October 26, 2015 16:26:30

I do not care, Ashan, Anashan , Not - Ashan ...... I want a normal game and a normal modern multiplayer server.

October 26, 2015 16:31:11

Ok, that's true, the bad game in a good world is much worse than good game in a bad world.

October 26, 2015 16:43:57

@Tito_Reni: don't forget the part where he destroys Asha's veil and reveals the worlds hidden behind it, which could either be new ones we don't know yet, or the old ones we do :).

October 26, 2015 16:44:27

As proposed by others below, that might be a good place to start H8's campaign, if there is ever going to be one.

October 26, 2015 16:49:09

Breaking anything can be in any game world, if the developers hands of assholes.

October 26, 2015 16:51:43

If we were given an interesting line of beautiful factions, convenient schedule for the eye, high-quality server and balance, I'm sure everyone would be happy and forget the word "Ashan".

October 26, 2015 17:21:36

The game "Heroes", first of all turn-based strategy game with multiplayer. Storyline - a weak point in the game. Ashan, Saint - Pereburg, Tokyo, is irrelevant to the quality of good strategy.
The best story and game world in my personal opinion, this Warcraft - The Frozen Throne. The " heroes " , of the story line is weak. This is my personal opinion and the opinion of my friends who are still playing in the 3-4 heroes. ) I'm sorry too.

October 26, 2015 17:21:52

"Interesting line of beautiful factions, convenient schedule for the eye, high-quality server and balance"
That all will never happen. The only thing what could Ubi do is H4.2 (in 3D if they don't decrease the budget again, but nobody would buy it then) - total mess among factions, new/changed features.

October 26, 2015 17:25:49

Antalya, we have what we have, we have no choice. Ubisoft does not want to spend money on heroes, developers just not the level to make a masterpiece. "Best" from the series can only make a lot of talent. \ and money course \ )

October 26, 2015 17:40:58

when "heroes" mixed different worlds, personally I don't no understand anything in the story))
THE END.

October 26, 2015 17:44:48

The only thing that I realized that the cult of the ugly and intrusive Namtar as schizophrenia.
It could be a separate branch of the plot. Thrusting the Namtar everywhere, just spoiled fraction of necromancers.
THE END. THE END. ))

October 26, 2015 18:10:31

Ashan is a great world, and Sandro not only has a crap track record, but he has not taken on the full might of the Dragons, let alone Urgash and Kha Beleth. He isn't a hero, he is a villain.
Honestly, even if you want a new setting, why destroy Ashan and upset Ashan fans? That just seems childish. It may come of a shocker to some people here, but its entirely possible to start a new setting without destroying the old one...

October 26, 2015 18:10:32

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 18:38:46

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting for the plot twist where academy was right all along: the dragons aren't gods, just powerful beings and ashan is actually just a super weird planet from the old universe.

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 18:40:50

"Why destroy Ashan and upset Ashan fans? That just seems childish. It may come of a shocker to some people here, but its entirely possible to start a new setting without destroying the old one..."

Yeah, I'm sure someone asked the same question when destroying the old setting? It must be a shock for them (currently responsible ones), I'm sure.

October 26, 2015 18:41:44

@Rimgrabber
How do you define a "god"? Typically, something that is very powerful and often(though not always) associated with creation or some important aspect of life.
I mean, just as an example, one could classify the Abrahamic God as a "powerful being", but that does not make the "God" title any less legit.

October 26, 2015 18:45:47

@Sussugamon
Honestly I had no idea why Enroth had to be destroyed. Granted, it's not like Heroes IV was well received by fans...

Sussugamon The Councilor
October 26, 2015 18:50:41

Someone has, but the most common thinking is just right what people think of Ashan these days and want it destroyed. It might be just that simple.

H4 was the one I most played. Sadly, launching with bugs and unbalanced settings, and some new mechanics (which should have been improved in H5 and not cut away) poorly implemented, not to mention 3DO's bankruptcy didn't help. That was a first. Now, I see no excuses why they made all those mistakes again.

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 18:50:45

H4 took place on Axeoth, not Enroth.

October 26, 2015 18:52:03

@Rimgrabber
I know, but the decision to destroy Enroth and start a new one(Axeoth) in Heroes IV was rather pointless in my opinion.

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 18:54:37

And what I meant by the plot twist post was that Ashan's lore prevents it from being a planet in the old universe, because asha and urgash were created from nothing. But what the Academy faction believes is basically that they aren't gods who created everything, just powerful beings. And if that were the case, there wouldn't be anything stopping the old universe and the new one to be the same.

October 26, 2015 19:01:12

@Rimgrabber
Actually it is confirmed that Ashan is made by Asha, who had six children, each embodying the "colours" of magic, while Urgash hated creation and wanted to destroy when Asha wanted to create. So by he definition of majority of mythologies, the dragon gods are Gods. They are also not restricted by the existence of Ashan, nor the physical realm of Ashan itself. I don't believe Academy disagrees this though, but I will have to double check.

LichArch
October 26, 2015 19:07:59

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

October 26, 2015 19:33:38

flew past the funny little bee ) ))

October 26, 2015 19:52:01

"...where academy was right all along: the dragons aren't gods, just powerful beings and ashan is actually just a super weird planet from the old universe."
_
I would welcome a twist like that. It would allow beings like Sandro to rise to a level of power so high it could rival that of the Dragons. It would be the triumph of Atheism over Religion if Academy was the one preaching the truth all along :P. Maybe that could be a breath of fresh air after all the religious blabla we had until now.

October 26, 2015 19:52:59

Although I do like how Haven is portrayed as a fanatical version of Christianity (like it was in the middle ages and with the Inquisition). Kind of makes you reflect on your own time and place.

October 26, 2015 20:04:40

@Marblethrone
One could classify Academy as atheist, but not naturalistic atheism as we see today. They full on accept the existence of the supernatural and spiritual, just choosing not to define any of them as gods. Knowledge is their religion. Ironically, Cyrus destroyed Sandro.
Classifying the dragons gods as gods or not is just pure semantics, really like that of real life mythologies.

Rimgrabber The Mad
October 26, 2015 20:05:16

Yeah i like religious Haven too, but it's silly how almost every faction in the game is like that, and not just the one.