Ubi-Nox The Shadow Of Death
July 31, 2015 14:04:23

A big article for today but only presenting a small glimpse of the possibilities offered by the “advanced” editor. Took some time to prepare this article but I hope you will like it :)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 31, 2015 14:07:25

Thanks! And you - the fourth! )

Stormhelico The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 14:10:06

Sincerely, I don't like it... I LOVE IT. Thanks a lot for this wonderful article :)

blackadderDAAN The Furious
July 31, 2015 14:20:53

we do like it. Thanks Ubi :)

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 31, 2015 14:23:07

You really did a great job and helped that game You're making. Thanks!

Black_Weaver The Butcher
July 31, 2015 14:31:04

Ubi-Nox, are you planning to add some section on the SC site where users can upload their creations and make it downloadable for other people? Would be nice to have some categories there (creatures, maps, heroes, retextures, spells etc). This will be so much fun! We will be able to share our mods and maps with entire Shadow Council! You will never regret it ;)

Qvikh The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 14:32:53

You know, there's ,,Community" section and it's going to be opened after the release.

EnergyW The Hack
July 31, 2015 16:24:32

Well they could've just opened the Community section for a forum rather than leaving the Shop button.

Elle-One The Magical
July 31, 2015 20:10:51

This is probably the most promising thing I've heard about the game so far. If the map editor and the modding tool turn out good, H7 will stick around for a good while longer than H6 did.

Carhinath The Mysterious
August 01, 2015 00:23:11

Thank you. All I can say. This gives us SO many possibilities. *applauses crazily*

JeremiahEmo The Destroyer
August 02, 2015 00:21:02

oh my oh my oh myy!!! I can mod those ugly female druids out of the game and mod amazing male druids in this game!!!

Guys! Download my future mod which will be called "ShouldHaveBeenMaleDruids". It will include male druids, male centaurs, male djinns. And probably enhance every faction if that's possible (and if I have time!).

Now question. Are we able to easily make a Customized Campaign?

GalahadHaut
August 02, 2015 00:37:54

lmaoooooooooooooooooo

looking forward to it haha

Mirash_ge The Dragon
August 02, 2015 01:01:52

<<Are we able to easily make a Customized Campaign? >>
harsh story about heroes men , " Heroes 7 male " ))

Sempai_Mur The Dark
August 02, 2015 01:13:50

Pssst, dude. There's a "Surgeon simulator" game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F3ZWEEbF4
I believe there are this kind of operations (female---->male) available too :D

Sempai_Mur The Dark
August 02, 2015 01:15:43

Mod by JeremiahEmo: Males of Might and Magic 7: Prosperity and Happiness. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
August 02, 2015 01:22:30

" Terminator - 7 ".

Zenk0v The Faithful
August 02, 2015 05:44:31

Ну вы даёте "Терминатор 7", до него дожить надо, недавно только пятую часть сняли, сечас будут снимать шестёрку.

Zenk0v The Faithful
August 02, 2015 05:48:13

А вот "Звёздные войны: эпизод 7" это да...

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 06:43:16

You will eliminate every single female from the game, LOL XD

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 06:54:47

Mirah: EMOTerminator will do the purges XD

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 09:37:20

I'm surprised you made no mention of Justicars here. Ah, now I understand....you secretly DO like them, don't you?
_
Anyway, your mod will definately be one I'll avoid with all my might (and magic) :).

Goldhawk69 The Kreegan
August 02, 2015 10:14:45

Seems very ridiculous, sure I will do all my possible to not use your mod.

GalahadHaut
August 02, 2015 10:26:34

Mods are free so if you don't like one don't use it, no need to be a jerk about.

shmelloff The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 10:39:51

Надеюсь 5 термос был последним) Хватит - там и в конце не было уже намеков на продолжение.

shmelloff The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 10:54:13

- Надо Еремке было нашу вчерашнюю простыню - с обсуждением социально -половых нюансов xDD

Он был бы рад набросить - 100% ))) жаль он не переводит (

Mirash_ge The Dragon
August 02, 2015 11:05:06

он бы нас всех обозвал феминистками , засыпал фактами судебных разбирательств \ насилие женщин над мужчинами \ , и послал на кухню , к друидкам.

TimPoging2 The Guardian
August 02, 2015 11:37:57

Must be able to create a "Xena" / "WonderWoman" edition, must be Marvel-ous ;-)

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 13:16:40

I will create a female goddess mods :XD

broui The Ancient
August 02, 2015 15:08:36

JeremiahEmo:

Druidic culture was one of those less common societies in which men and women were of equal stature. You were just as likely to see a woman in charge as a man in their culture.
Boudicca was among the really kicka$$ druid woman. She took on the Romans and for a time, was quite successful. The Romans did defeat her but with numbers, not tactics or strategy or any skill.
Please take your misogynistic spam elsewhere.

RobvD84 The Mad
August 02, 2015 15:15:48

Lol come on broui that has nothing to do with what this is about. And it is not about gender (how many times does this have to be said), it is about that a unit a lot of ppl liked has to be "genderbend" (yes that is what it looks like to me). Maybe the sorcerers faction had female druids, but this faction is different (as so many ppl have already pointed out).

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 15:21:46

"And also the fact that in H5, that is 100 years later, the druids are male. Wich makes all this not logical in my eyes."

*sigh*

There are male druids, there are female druids in Elven society (as heroes, as units). In H5 we see the men, in H7 we get the women. If it is not represented in a game, it doesn't mean that it does not exist. Now they choose to represent one over the other, why does everybody bitch about that so much? Pretty elven druids kicking ass, I see no problem with that :3.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 15:29:18

"but this faction is different (as so many ppl have already pointed out)."

Oh? What did these 'ppl' say, exactly? And what is YOUR opinion on the matter? I suppose you're not only hiding behind 'what others say'. I wonder what your view on that is. Even if Sylvan is different from Sorceress, why can't there be a little variety in creatures, or their genders for that matter? People worry about the little things...while there is much more to pay attention to.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
August 02, 2015 15:35:16

I really never understood (and will never understand) the whole gender issue. I mean, what the hell is the problem? You get the same unit, same abilities or attack (ranged, melee etc), with only a different appearance. Besides, more female creatures in-game means you can kill more female creatures. I wonder why JEmo/ProudM is so upset...he should be welcoming this game like no other: he can kill female creatures by the dozen, lol.
_
I wouldn't want to see the same all over again. Variety +1 imo.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 15:38:05

Women rule Ashan. Men rebell = WAR. Who wins? EMO Terminator, make a whole campaign about it :D

RobvD84 The Mad
August 02, 2015 16:06:18

@Marble it should already be clear as what i think and what my opinions are. I just think certain things should have been left alone, and i am not only talking about druids.
If you wanted variaty we could have gotten new (female) units (and not genderbend units. And altho the deer is a new unit i prefer the unicorn). I just don't want them to change things when not necessary and just build upon them. Or when change is needed to come with some thing new and good.

RobvD84 The Mad
August 02, 2015 16:08:01

I mean build and improve upon the things that makes the Heroes franchise good.

broui The Ancient
August 02, 2015 19:31:38

RobvD84: Honestly, if you or anyone else is getting bent out of shape over the sex of a unit, you need help. Assuming the intentions of the developers regarding their choices on this issue are fruitless and likely wrong.
Finally, Priests (Haven) were women in Clash of Heroes and if the druids weren't women, they sure looked it.

GalahadHaut
August 02, 2015 21:07:49

Who fucking cares if the dude doesn't likes female units, you guys just need someone to bash on it seems.

ProudMisogynist
August 02, 2015 21:35:25

@broui
" Although she had the great advantage of numbers, her army was no match for the disciplined and highly trained Roman troops, who blunted the initial Celtic rush with a wave of thrown javelins and then proceeded to kill every Celtic warrior they could catch. Boudica is said to have killed herself rather than risk Roman capture."

Kinda made yourself look stupid there buddy.
As Confucious once said "To think but not to study is dangerous."

JeremiahEmo The Destroyer
August 02, 2015 21:47:11

@RobvD84
Absolutely agree with you man! Why can't they just create new units instead of gender-bending one that already exists? It's like Thor comics, I hate that they change the famous manly Norse god to female just to please feminists. I'm pretty sure, same people here who oppose me despise Valkyries and Amazons to be gender-bended unless you knowingly are a hypocrite like MedicZero.

@Marble
H7 has variety? You kidding? Almost all factions has uniform/forced 2-3 female units. Far from variety

RobvD84 The Mad
August 02, 2015 21:59:51

Haha wow. How many times do we have to repeat ourselves. It's not about the gender, it's about that they thought it needed to change. I don't want it to change when it was good as it was. Also the only unit that is "new" is the deer in Sylvan. Just to be clear on that. So there is not really any innovation in that (in my eyes). Otherwise they could have made the mages female too, because there are enough female mages. Actually i was surprised they didn't do it yet.

RobvD84 The Mad
August 02, 2015 22:03:18

I will resign from this topic, because this seems to be an endless cicle. Also i think the "gender" topic seems to be useless now since we can change the appearances of units to the ones we like. Everybody can do whatever they like (as much as the tools will let you).

Najakir The Kreegan
August 02, 2015 22:06:39

Yes ! The shouldn't gender bended units !

So we must keep the woman-druid of H1. XD

Rob : for the diversity... sadly, many people (including Jeremiah) voted for the less original line-up...

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 22:42:04

Jeremiah: Do it! I can't wait to try it :)

Cleglaw The Councilor
August 02, 2015 23:09:48

i love this game, but community is really horrible.
9 upvotes for this sexist?

JeremiahEmo The Destroyer
August 03, 2015 00:21:43

@Najakir
LoL. H1 gender-bended their druids since Druids are originally known as males in ancient mythology and in almost every game.

broui The Ancient
August 03, 2015 06:39:49

ProudMisogynist: So your source on Boudicca was a game? Who made themselves look stupid?

Per Wiki: Roughly 10,000 Romans surrounded her army at the end. Few agree on how many "soldiers: she had (more akin to peasants)

U of NC: Few agree on how many she and her "army" killed some say 400, UNC says 70,000.
In the end, the numbers don't matter. No one disputes her badassery.

broui The Ancient
August 03, 2015 06:41:09

"The Britons were used to the leadership of women, but she came back before them not as a queen of a distinguished line, but as an ordinary woman, her body cut by the lash avenging the loss of her liberty, and the outrages imposed on her daughters. ... This is my resolve, as a woman- follow me or submit to the Roman yoke" --Boudicca

RobvD84 The Mad
August 03, 2015 09:38:32

It's not about freaking gender. It's about the love we have for certain units that we don't want to change. It's you freaking ppl who make it a problem about gender and who can only see it that way. I just don't want it to change. Making them better? Ofcourse i want that. But if they want change or something they could have created something new. For example they could have used a "elven faction" that lives somewhere else and are different then the Sylvan. Or a completely new faction.

RobvD84 The Mad
August 03, 2015 09:40:09

They could have created a new faction (they still can with the expac's in mind) together with unexplored part of the world. But maybe they should keep this for H8.

JeremiahEmo The Destroyer
August 03, 2015 16:56:32

You really shouldn't take feminists seriously Rob. I for one expressed my agreement on an all-female Amazonian faction (much better than destroying my Sylvan) and these feminists still thinks I want to eliminate every female units simply because my opinion opposes their's.

@broui
You do know your sources, compared to PM doesn't say how many soldiers Boudica had right? Moreso, it doesn't give an exact number to how many Romans her army killed. Just an estimation. Do know how to read next time.

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
August 03, 2015 17:07:46

@JeremiahEmo
Your Sylvan? Since when did you own the faction!? Beside, it isn't "destroyed", but rather following it's legacy as a female faction.
Beside, wasn't it you who suggested that Amazonian faction, not to speak about it being basicly a caveman, or rather woman, faction...

Goldhawk69 The Kreegan
August 03, 2015 19:12:09

GalaadHaut, who's the jerk, the man who's proud to be misogynous or the one who just notices that acting like this has its place in the nineteenth century ?

Anemesis The Raider
July 31, 2015 20:18:56

Little something I've been working on...Originally it was going to be an explorable environment but more interested in getting it in H7 as a modded faction now :)

-- http://oi57.tinypic.com/2r70ozb.jpg
-- http://oi61.tinypic.com/34o32j6.jpg

The castle still needs to be fully modelled, the spires need refining and I want to add some trees in + textures etc

Sempai_Mur The Dark
July 31, 2015 20:24:33

GJ. Could be The Tower from H3 ;)

Najakir The Kreegan
July 31, 2015 20:34:52

No it's the warlock of H2 !

Cleglaw The Councilor
July 31, 2015 20:52:10

nice (: carry on! what i noticed is, every modder has own way to do this, interesting to see different creation process. i didnt made any 3D models yet, im planning in 2D tecnical drawing and artistic concept arts first, to me 3D is the last stage.

Sempai_Mur The Dark
July 31, 2015 21:05:33

@Najakir, oh yes. Ur right )

agar6 The Mad
July 31, 2015 21:12:28

shut up and take my vote

Najakir The Kreegan
July 31, 2015 21:17:20

Cleglaw : ready to send your inferno ?

Cleglaw The Councilor
July 31, 2015 21:25:07

@Najakir

not now (: im working with 3 times big paper, im at the second stage of archdevil building now, its very detailed, shadowed, textured and in true perspective as it will be on acctual town screen... i need 1 more day to finish it... i must say it looks much more impressive even now.

big stuff in works, even now it looks much better then first version

Cleglaw The Councilor
July 31, 2015 21:25:41

darn, editing posts would be welcome too!

Najakir The Kreegan
July 31, 2015 21:37:02

You have one month + the delay to send it. :p

Carhinath The Mysterious
August 01, 2015 01:50:48

I'm liking it. Props to you already modding before modding is even out yet, haha.

feidrota85 The Wanderer
August 02, 2015 12:42:10

Share your thoughts here - http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=41384&pagenumber=5 - if you like to.

SpiresJRH The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 15:17:29

This is by far the best modding tool and map editor in the Heroes franchise. This will allow fans to mod in the Nagas, Demons, Dwarves, Unicorns, Sandro, and all sorts of other great things from previous games. I also look forward to new factions created by other fans. Time to break free.

Elle-One The Magical
July 31, 2015 15:59:37

It sounds really great. Easy and safe. Even if you download a map with a faction that doesn't work, you should be able to get rid of it simply by deleting the map, which is a huge plus.

Jo3780 The Magical
July 31, 2015 19:35:24

Круто там мой город на орках)))

DimaJeydar The Mad
July 31, 2015 19:37:21

DimaJeydar The Mad
July 31, 2015 19:37:36

Завидую)

DmitriyNetsevW The Faithful
July 31, 2015 19:38:36

Поздравляем!

Jo3780 The Magical
July 31, 2015 19:42:16

Спасибо))))Приятно так)

Jo3780 The Magical
July 31, 2015 19:54:43

DimaJeydar , если честно сам не ожидал))) А я ещё думаю для чего Ноксу текстуры PSD, я бы их скинул правда они у меня не сохранились....Теперь ясно зачем они были нужны ему))))

DimaJeydar The Mad
July 31, 2015 20:00:18

Jo3780, да я тоже об этом подумал.
Теперь и сам буду сохранять PSD форматы изображения... на всякий случай)

Jo3780 The Magical
July 31, 2015 20:27:09

))))
Я всегда сохранял просто глюк какой-то случился и все PSD тю-тю.

shmelloff The Chivalrous
July 31, 2015 20:56:16

Это Слава :))

agar6 The Mad
July 31, 2015 21:04:17

Теперь надо требовать деньги за предоставленный материал)

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 31, 2015 14:56:11

Good news, but I would like to make the specializations work like in H5. Is this possible?

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 31, 2015 15:06:14

I hope you will dream about them each night XD. It will never stop XD

Anemesis The Raider
July 31, 2015 16:11:47

I'd like to know this too, I'd imagine in the basic editor we'd get options based on current specialisations but I think it should be possible to create new specialisations in the advanced editor?

Chiasa The Mad
July 31, 2015 18:09:16

I they implement scaling per level it'll be as easy as shown here, if not (more probable) you'd have to code it yourself which makes things more complicated but not impossible imo

Antalyan The Ancient
July 31, 2015 19:43:28

We will never stop!
If you don't give us specializations increased by level, we will become your daily nightmare!

Lizard_Warrior
July 31, 2015 14:27:10

You are like 2 months late. We even made the lich before you =p

feidrota85 The Wanderer
July 31, 2015 14:38:25

better late than never though :P

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 08:15:18

Oh, why don't you want this game get better than H5, oh why? Do something, UBI.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 02, 2015 08:15:52

You got so much feedback. Do something.

JeremiahEmo The Destroyer
August 03, 2015 00:23:13

"why don't you want this game get better than H5"

because they listen to feminists

alcibiades.dk The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 23:27:15

Frankly, this article gets me quite woried. So we will be able to change how things *look*, but will we be able to make actual mods that change things like creature or hero stats, building cost, dependancies, and (most importantly) the skill system? Or will modding only be a cosmetic thing? If we can't improve the actual game through modding, this game is certainly doomed for me.

EnergyW The Hack
August 01, 2015 00:01:21

No, it looks very certain you can create your own content, not just in visual, but technical aspect. Deal is just you must make on each map the same mod to apply the same effects.

Sandro400 The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 15:26:27

Перевод на русский от Гуголка! http://heroes.riotpixels.com/?p=1828

DmitriyNetsevW The Faithful
July 31, 2015 14:32:06

"First of all, “Stronghold2” townscreen by night from Jo3780."
Давайте все поздравим Джо!

Sempai_Mur The Dark
July 31, 2015 20:02:04

MMH7 Lego: Build your game by your own.
Maybe that's the best option: to give users tools to create whatever they like instead of proposing us served spiders. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aarkill The Mad
July 31, 2015 14:38:02

I just realised something...

WE CAN MOD IN SANDRO.

TAKE ALL MY GOLD AND MERCURY!

Qvikh The Mysterious
July 31, 2015 14:17:06

This is awesome, the modding possibilities are unlimited ;D

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 31, 2015 14:21:31

Modding and map editor really extends a lifetime of a game. Devs did a great job here :)

GalahadHaut
July 31, 2015 23:52:54

This article doesn't say the modding possibilities are unlimited, quite on the contrary it mentions limitations, "rules that cannot be broken". A part which worries me, since what bothers me the most in h7 are some of the core mechanics of the game.

HanzanPK
July 31, 2015 23:57:40

Ugh... what doesnt concern you Galaad? It seems your problem is the game in it self. Meaning you will never be happy with it. So why do you keep coming back here and accomplish nothing with your rant?

GalahadHaut
August 01, 2015 00:18:02

Because I love this franchise and IMO the amount of wrong decisions are just too high, and I see no reason why as a fan I should shut up about it lol

GalahadHaut
August 01, 2015 00:22:15

And even if the article is great, Qvikh is saying something which is wrong and he is misguiding some people, as the modding possibilities are restricted.
Hex-editing is not what will passionate modders, and even so, it took 10 years for the hota team to implement a tenth town into h3.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 01, 2015 00:36:40

If the editor is restricted, give the modders the source code. Maybe there will be somone who can make things right...

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
August 01, 2015 00:42:18

Look at Civilization V. The game, the AI were all broken; after releasing the source code, a few guys started making overhauls, which greatly improve and balance the game, even though it is an unachievable process for a guy or two who do it for free, the game is not the same without their mods.

Yogoort The Mad
July 31, 2015 18:00:33

This sentence "Modding is “map-based” meaning that if you create a map using a specific package or modifying specific files, those modifications will be directly available in the map itself so people won’t have to download additional elements" is very worrying :(( It will be very frustrating to put some new, crazy things only in new, specific maps ://// It should be avaliable to make new files packages and share with everyone and influence whole game (except campain).

rodaff The Dark
July 31, 2015 18:05:32

I'm worried about that too, sounds like we have to repeat the same process for every single map =/

Najakir The Kreegan
July 31, 2015 18:09:58

As I understand, you will have a file like "AcademyV2", so you can put it in any map you create. You just can't put it in other map, like game basic maps.

Ubi-Nox The Shadow Of Death
July 31, 2015 18:10:17

As explained in the article, you can also save your packages and share them directly so they can be used by others too in their maps :)

rodaff The Dark
July 31, 2015 18:14:36

Ok, thanks Ubi-Nox for the clarifications :)
Can you answer the questions I posted below?

Yogoort The Mad
July 31, 2015 18:45:03

And what about basic scenario maps in H7 - not original campain maps but original scenario maps in H7, can we modify them too? Probably some clever coder will create some tool to implement modifications to all existing maps in game folder :)

mr3LiON
July 31, 2015 19:18:38

I am worrying about exactly the same thing too. I want to create a mod that could be applied to a whole game not only a single map.