Marblethrone Rycerski
February 09, 2015 16:55:19

Come on, devs. I want a very awesome update for my birthday! :)

Chiasa Szalony
February 09, 2015 16:56:28

Happy birthday, Marble! :D

Marblethrone Rycerski
February 09, 2015 16:57:22

LightAvatarX Nietykalny
February 09, 2015 17:02:31

Happy birthday!
In january 21,when I had birthday the update of academy and and avatars which we were waiting for months came ;)

Sempai_Mur Mroczny
February 09, 2015 17:04:37

HB, man! Praise the Sun! ;)

mediczero Młot Losu
February 09, 2015 17:05:11

Happy birthday Marble!

LightAvatarX Nietykalny
February 09, 2015 17:07:19

Ylath blesses you!

Marblethrone Rycerski
February 09, 2015 17:07:21

Thanks, Light, Sempai and medic! :)

Najakir Kreeganin
February 09, 2015 17:07:50

Happy birthday !

LightAvatarX Nietykalny
February 09, 2015 17:11:11

Marble,what's your name?
Tell me!I have a reason...

Marblethrone Rycerski
February 09, 2015 17:13:57

@Light: Ylath? I'm more a follower of Elrath, really. Well, I was brought up to be, but I keep an open mind when it comes to abstract entities such as gods.

Here my name is Marblethrone. You may add 'Vàilan' to that, as is written in my biography.

I see no reason to reveal the name behind this....mask ;).

Igelkolnikov Pradawny
February 09, 2015 17:17:05

Congratulations fellow councilor! May this day bring joyous news to you, and to us all!

Niwroc Pradawny
February 09, 2015 17:20:23

Happy B day!

LightAvatarX Nietykalny
February 09, 2015 17:21:20

Give it and you will see...

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 09, 2015 17:21:52

Happy birthday!

Minastir Strażnik
February 09, 2015 17:22:59

Now they better give us something goooood ;)

Happy Birthday Marblethrone !! :)) May the Elrath bless you with good fortune and long living ;)

Iwanesosuro Szalony
February 09, 2015 17:35:58

Happy birthday! I hope that todays post please you (or at least doesn´t rouin your day ;P).

Articun Obieżyświat
February 09, 2015 17:45:15

Awww, Happy birthday mate! Health and good years only for here on! :)

Sussugamon Doradca
February 09, 2015 17:47:56

As they say, many happy returns.

JotunLogi
February 09, 2015 17:57:10

happy bithday, a lot of might and magic in Your life, wisdom and leadership to achieve sucess. And a lot of luck!- cause this one is never too much!

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:15:22

Dear ElB,

As the creative director, this post is DIRECTLY MEANT FOR YOU as being in charge means being responsible. I will remain polite and civilized even though I think your creativity is leading the game in the wrong way.

It's said you try to stay true to HOMM's legacy. What a result! Look at this mess! Look at the comments! Every new post get the most of us pissed, sad, disappointed. It seems that you guys read the comments without understanding their meaning.

So please try harder :)

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:16:01

About the graphics: H3 adopted kind of a gothic style which I think most of us loved. H5 was a lil more colorfull and cartoonish but we could feel this legacy. What about H7?

Haven townscreen atmosphere is cartoonish. Just compare colors with H5 townscreen and you'll understand. This huge gold statue is a nonsense. The walls are protecting 20% of the city, and are located by the cliffs. In my opinion, the only good thing is the red roofs, as a legacy to H1.

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:26:24

Same for the academy, which has changed a lot since H3: no gothic anymore but more oriental-inspired, and really impressive in H5 (you see, some changes were successfull!). Same for necro, getting greener and greener from H5 to H7.

I have to say, link a faction with a bad idea because it's like at the beginning of the game, I can't choose my color, which is the first thing you choose... since H1.

Ps: And I didn't speak about the necro townscreen because yesterday was enough.

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:27:32

**** Link a faction with 1 color

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:34:23

I mean, this graphics "juvenilization" process is a nonsense. HOMM is 20 years old. A large proportion of fans are adults, those who discovered this awesome game with H5 (and they are numerous, which is great the game's future) are now late teenagers.

But there are, to my knowledge, to less-than-10-years-old gamers! So please. Stop it. Now.

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:41:44

You will not expand the fans community by making a more childlish or simplistic franchise. By this way you will only disappoint us and make us leave, runaway, disapear.

You will expand the fans community by remaining true to HOMM, unique and different, and by making the right decisions (which is obviously not the case if you look at the last days comments)

Niwroc Pradawny
February 06, 2015 03:47:30

Preach it!

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 03:56:58

And please stop telling us this is a budget matter. Because it's not. There are plenty of midieval fantasy games with awesome graphics. And they don't the same financial power as Ubi has.

But if YOU NEED MORE TIME, SO BE IT. I can wait 1,2,3 more years if it helps the game being better. Because you won't satisfy us by releasing a poor, cartoonish game in 2015.

And don't accuse of frensh bashing... because i'm french !

tiim2011 Strażnik
February 06, 2015 04:00:34

To end this long tribune, I hope you'll listen to us fans, but hope is getting rare nowadays...

RobvD84 Szalony
February 06, 2015 11:26:33

Oh yeah upvote this comment!

rodaff Mroczny
February 06, 2015 13:40:22

Zangetas Szalony
February 05, 2015 17:45:40

Well even after saying that you acknowledge our problems and still doing things the way we dont like it at all is obviously going to make us really mad.
This councilwas a great chance to make the game a really great Heroes game if you would have truly listened to us
But you guys have too much pride to admit that things are going a really bad way

I guess maybe now you will just delete comment with high criticism so the comments will be more in your favour

Zangetas Szalony
February 05, 2015 17:45:50

Anyway i guess H7 will be good in mechanism but really bad in visual and lore

Elisabeth.... Wierny
February 05, 2015 17:51:35

I'd really like to hear the official reasons why they don't accept our suggestions.. Is it lack of time or just budget issues..They never told us anything/../

Antalyan Pradawny
February 05, 2015 17:55:40

I think that it is caused only by money. I am worried that Ubisoft wants the game as soon as possible (to earn money) and as cheap as possible. So, some things like 3D towmscreens or different mounts or at least new units can´t be make.

Elisabeth.... Wierny
February 05, 2015 18:04:29

Antalyan, I agree on Ubisoft wants the game as soon as possible! Heroes VI is released in Oct. 2011, and then after a short time they announced that Heroes VII was on the way! I think they've realised Heroes VI is a failure..and they want to be effective and release Hereos VII to nullify those negative emotions amongst players...They probably think quantity is the solution but actually it's the quality that counts!

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 05, 2015 18:12:16

@Hierophant987: It's not actually the case of not accepting them but not giving us any evidence of it. If they gave us pictures of for example reworked Heaven town screen that would really calm people down.

@Zangetas: I like visuals and lore but maybe I am weird case.

Zangetas Szalony
February 05, 2015 18:16:38

@Zatrakus95

sure there are people who like it this way but those are only about 10%
and yes I get that that 10% is people too etc. but i don't think those people would hate things our way
And yes there are sure people who would hate things the true heroes way but thats even less people
And since Ubi wants to make money they should listen to the majority of us
And most Heroes players play since H2 or H3

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 05, 2015 18:28:38

@Zangetas:Ok, you responded to which of my comments as form you used is quite confusing?

Antalyan Pradawny
February 05, 2015 18:59:49

@Hierophant987 Yes, I understand them that they want the game as soon as possible, and I really want this game as soon as possible too (actually in a best way I want it NOW:D).
Nevertheless, it is their mistake that the H6 development was soo long and then it was quite catastrophical after so long time. So, they should listen to our ideas (but they should do it before they had made these not so good townscreens). I also think that several more months to get better game would be better.

Antalyan Pradawny
February 05, 2015 19:03:27

Cause Heroes saga is my most favourite PC game ever, I am really interested in this development cause I want a great game made with high effort. I don´t want to have a game with a lot of lacks and mistakes. Nevertheless I believe that they learned a lot from h6 and they are doing their best to give us that game, even when they have not so much time.

Articun Obieżyświat
February 06, 2015 19:34:25

Have we been naughty and we get no news?

Marblethrone Rycerski
February 06, 2015 19:35:29

The devs are afraid as hell to release new creatures and townscreens xD.

Sussugamon Doradca
February 06, 2015 19:40:04

Just feed the sharks, will you?

LightAvatarX Nietykalny
February 06, 2015 19:48:16

Very naughty!

ChrupekPL Najeźdźca
February 06, 2015 20:03:34

Some of the Shadow Council members will get a lump of coal this year's Christmas

;)

silverwolfjp Tajemniczy
February 06, 2015 09:51:54

Unfortunately, trolls and haters roam the Internet but please don't mind them, they are outnumbered by civil and faithful fans!

Carry on and thank you for this experience to involve us into the making of the game, we really look forward the release of Heroes VII :)

kloklodyta1992 Mroczny
February 06, 2015 09:54:36

Ye, you for sure take part in making this game. The dream.

Quetzatoul Kreeganin
February 06, 2015 09:58:21

Trolls and haters on the internet?
Absurdity!
Next you'll claim there are fish in the ocean.

February 06, 2015 10:01:05

@Quatzatoul Fish in the ocean? I thought that was urban legend! Fish comes from store/market...! ;)

kloklodyta1992 Mroczny
February 06, 2015 10:04:11

I can buy fish in the market?! I though i can only hunt them in the river by my own hands!!!

RobvD84 Szalony
February 06, 2015 11:04:04

You expect ppl to be civil in a part of the internet were there is almost no rule and moderation? Also you expect ppl to be silent if they feel that they get ignored. And you say that we are not loyal fans? Lol sure.

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 22:35:35

Marzhin93: "@darioro: Did you have a specific question for me?."

Well I do. My question or rather questions are: Are you satisfied with the quality of the game so far (especially the recyling-programm, Academy artworks, Necropolis creatures, townscreen-artworks) and what is the plan to raise the quality?

PS: Wrote some statement (check best comments). Me and the people who upvoted it, deserve a fair answer!

Sussugamon Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:37:30

*looks up enquiringly at Marzhin, crossing hands politely*

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:43:57

I believe the game will be great. Now, there is still a lot of work to do. We're still far from release, and many assets we share with you on this website are unfinished. Even the screenshots are filled with placeholders.
I think the townscreen look much better in-game, with atmospheric effects and animations, and the buildings appearing as you build them. The "still life" treatment does not do them justice.
(to be continued...)

bjarked Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:47:04

Why wont you answer my question about this post ???

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:47:30

I believe reusing so many assets for Necropolis was a mistake, but we've heard the community's outcry and we'll do our best to find a solution to make things better. But it's important to remember that creature art is super expensive so there will definitely be a trade-off. We'll probably have to sacrifice something, so we'll have to be careful.

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:49:01

Last but not least, it's also worth noting that art production is a pipeline. Artists are not available all the time, so when we decide to redo an asset, it's at the end of the pipeline, which is why the change is not seen before all the other assets that precede it in the pipeline are done.

bjarked Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:50:16

Well you do know that you can always ask the community for help there are proplby some great mods in here who would love to help if needed. for free.

DarkEnmity Tajemniczy
February 05, 2015 22:52:41

Marzhin93, isn't it possbile to ask the community for donations and such? You'd also be able to tighten the bond between the community and the devs when you ask for donations, since you will also have to keep in close contact with the community as what is being done with the donation money.

I believe that we should make this a great game together. Just ask some help from the community. But the donation is entirely optional of course!

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 22:52:56

Thanks you for the answer.

"I believe the game will be great."

Of course you believe that. You want to sell your product so it's the only legimate answer ;)

Still I'd rather see some self critisicm, then repeating over and over the same verbiages.

My points of critics are:

townscreens: too many different styles (Animee, Fantasy) + unfitting buildings, logic mistakes.
recyling (especially H6): H6 was a desaster. Why not erase it and start freshly over.
...

iWellplay Obieżyświat
February 05, 2015 22:53:57

Hope sim turns won't get hit.

If they do its gona be karma for you people.

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:54:25

@bjarked: can't be everywhere at once my friend :)

bjarked Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:58:09

No problem just thought it was really impotent.

And to the thread if you make a closed/open beta or something, then you would easily get help from the community to make the more "original" looking creatures

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:58:21

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 22:58:24

magic system: 7 schools hard to balance.

About the art design. Your marketing strategy is working with the community. So why not?

I have seen here a lot of talented artists. You basically would have gotten work for plus the legitimation working with the community.

E.g. Elv: You decide 3/5/10/bazillion artworks made by fans, community could vote which will be it. I know its not that easy but still, I believe there are better ways to proceed marketing strategy.

Last but not least thanks...

Minastir Strażnik
February 05, 2015 22:58:54

@shop4D26AC5FB no, when Marzhin is saying this it is different, he is fellow Heroes fan and I truly believe that His intentions are true, he wants to make the best heroes game for everybody but he can't change some things, thank you Marzhin for answering questions even tho it's really late ;)

iWellplay Obieżyświat
February 05, 2015 23:00:30

Karma for spammers. ;P

darioio
February 05, 2015 23:00:30

So please tell me Marzhin93 why did you use it in a first place? Why?!
Did you do any feedback on which creatures were liked and which not in H6?
I do not understand you guys, it was really very easy to predict

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 23:00:42

again for the answers.

I believe I could filter some information from between the lines. Let's what will bring the future.

Good night everyone :)

Sussugamon Doradca
February 05, 2015 23:00:52

@DarkEnmity
It can have two sides, this donation thing.

If things start going towards what some of the donators don't like, they'll surely start thinking that they have more rights than others, start flaming and arguing hither and thither. It can help with budget, yes, but I do think that it can also create a branch of dangerous relation there as well.

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 23:02:02

"@shop: for me it's not a question of "selling the product". It's about believing in what you do, and in the people you're working with :)"

And the paycheck at the end of the month ;)

Now good night.

DarkEnmity Tajemniczy
February 05, 2015 23:05:15

@sussugamon

While I do have to agree with you on that, it's been the same with kickstarters.
Many people back a game up and thus - have simply donated money for a game they seem to like.

They do know they can "control" development to a certain degree and do realise completely they cannot have everything they want.

Yet, kickstarters work and have worked perfectly in the past.

Marzhin93 Pradawny
February 05, 2015 23:07:06

@Shop: If I was doing it for money, I certainly wouldn't be working in the video game industry ^^

bjarked Doradca
February 05, 2015 23:08:10

Well the resound they are trying to copy past as many assents as possible is probably because of UBI. I think UBI is forcing them to make the game as cheap as they can will still making a okay game.

Must game developers, defenly when it is some what smaller teams like this one, then they really do want to make the game has good as they can because it is there honor and there pride. so i believe marzhin then i say stuff like that.

and then i to will say good night.

Sussugamon Doradca
February 05, 2015 23:10:08

Yeah. We could only expect people to act fairly in this regard.

Niwroc Pradawny
February 06, 2015 00:05:25

I can verify the thing about not in it for the money. While not video game designers, I personally know several game designers, not giving any names, and oftentimes they need extra income from another source. So most have two jobs, one for money, and one they do because they love it.

adambjpoole
February 06, 2015 01:09:17

@Marzhin93: Seriously, thank you for the responses here. While I am not entirely reassured by your comments about the town screens, it is so nice to at least hear back from you about them. I would be more assured by your comments if I hadn't already experienced Heroes 6. Those towns had noticeably different textures from the adventure map, were disorganized, and seemed much more suited to freemium browser games. The in-game experience with them was bad, and these screens seem very similar.

Antalyan Pradawny
February 06, 2015 17:01:53

@Marzhin93
I really respect your work and believe you do your best, but you should also try to change the other ubisoft services to work so well. For example, I have some technical problems with H6 and NOBODY FROM YOU GREAT UBI SUPPORT ANSWERED me, even I made several issues and asked again and again. Still no answer (I started to ask in the half of January!)
If they cannot help me, it is okay, but they should at least try it.

February 05, 2015 21:01:31

If the whole team is reading the comments as you say, it wouldn't take many extra minutes if you actually replied once in a while regarding some topics and give vision you have. All we got is your word on that you read the posts, but we can't see that in action. We get no replies and it doesn't show in your actions. You gave us like half a year ago peek at academy and haven towns, yet nothing has changed really. In fact you still have same problems in necro town... This reflects poorly on you.

February 05, 2015 21:01:54

You have also had lots of contructive criticism and ideas on HC forums, did you listen? No, you still went ahead knowing the problems. Town-screens have kept the same problems, none of the fixes got applied in already presented screens nor the new necro screen. You knew great deal of people hated the h6 necro, especially lich, vampire and lamasu. Your solution was to copy-paste them, really? You read and listen to us? I'm sorry, but I have hard time seeing and believing that...

February 05, 2015 21:08:50

The best thing you could do would be to actually interact with us! Have a live streaming session(s) where you talk about your ideas, how to implement them and what problems they might have. Collect feedback from us, give us voting options in these streams so you see how people react/like your ideas and solutions. When you say you want community involved, what would be better way? Currently it sounds and feels to me that you have a vision of more grand h6 because you keep bombarding us with h6!

darioio
February 05, 2015 21:10:05

Very nice said rambo!

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 21:23:22

Still got more upvotes by requesting Erwan to get fired :P :D

February 05, 2015 21:35:00

I don't really care about the up votes... Only benefit they have in my eyes is that they allow finding "good" posts even later via top posts. Sadly Quite often it's not exactly the most intellectual nor constructive posts that actually make to the top, more often it's hateful ones or overly simple ones that offer very little of anything. Heck you can make me permanent level 0 and take all the achievements away, I don't need that crap.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 21:40:27

I was just joking rambo :P

Niwroc Pradawny
February 05, 2015 22:07:49

You got my upvote on all 3 posts here.

Cleglaw Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:12:13

no-one in ubisoft team can reply to you ramborusina, you literally hit the mark with your words. all i see is "stop complaining".

The-Librarian Magiczny
February 05, 2015 19:58:58

I am most grateful for your choice of inviting us in, letting us give you guys feedback, opinions and even the chance to vote after what we want. You have done us a real kindness out of the love we all share for this game series. So with that said, I honestly would not mind if you guys turned a bit less diplomatic and democratic by actively shutting out people. If we as a community can't handle the responsibility and choices that you have given us, it is better if we face the consequences..

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 20:00:40

LOL dude can I express my displeasure? Is the flooding that requires spamming. If this was a proper forum, things would be MUCH simpler.

The-Librarian Magiczny
February 05, 2015 20:00:57

In other words, I am fully behind the developers of this game, and I am grateful for your passion and love for this game series. I fully trust you guys and I do apologize for the actions of the less mature people here.

Mr.Rain Szalony
February 05, 2015 20:08:48

You can express your displeasure without being offensive.
You can your displeasure without attacking everyone who is a different opinion.
You can spam without hate.
And the fact of being behind a computer does not stop it from being a civilized minimum.

Terminalstatus1
February 05, 2015 20:08:51

Well put. I may not agree with someone of the direction. But it's easy to be civil about it, while still being able to point out what we believe is flaws.

Taranri Tajemniczy
February 05, 2015 20:13:05

There will always be some rotten eggs in the basket, that's just how it is.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 20:13:27

I am not being civil, BIG DEAL. Who are the children here.

adambjpoole
February 05, 2015 20:19:41

Oh my gosh, yes. I want to praise Ubi for creating this site and teasing us with the idea that our voices and opinions matter, while simultaneously ignoring those voices and opinions and continuing to do their thing.

Seriously, if they want to do whatever they want, then that is their prerogative. But saying we matter while showing through their actions that we don't is insulting. Don't fool yourself, this site is here to serve Ubi by drumming up hype. It is a money-making tool, nothing more.

Mr.Rain Szalony
February 05, 2015 20:21:38

Galaad-> To each to be responsible, if you think we are children because everyone is not like garbage frankly nothing I can not answer to that.

krayz1e2010 Mroczny
February 09, 2015 14:18:47

I added some vegetation into Havens town. Do you think this is better or worse?

AuroraBorealis9
February 09, 2015 14:21:47

Not bad. I like the idea. But maybe you can try to make those trees to be not so obviously copy pasted?

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 09, 2015 14:21:59

Actually it looks better, it's more lively and what is the most important it would be very esay to add. Good job.

Sempai_Mur Mroczny
February 09, 2015 14:22:33

Definately better.
And I wish someone could add some frustration, mortification and desperation into Necropolis town.

Ekohippi
February 09, 2015 14:26:49

It's better!! If they could make the grass in town look not so green spray painted rock and tree look natural it could look more lifelike.

JotunLogi
February 09, 2015 14:28:38

a lot better- would only expand the wall to go round all town. Otherwise great!

February 09, 2015 14:32:39

try to add them in Galaad/Lawmaker Townscreen and choose more than just one tree.

Najakir Kreeganin
February 09, 2015 14:33:35

+1 Matoob : Having some trees is good, but need also other improvement like a true wall.^^

Iwanesosuro Szalony
February 09, 2015 14:41:47

A lot better with such little work. +1

Sussugamon Doradca
February 09, 2015 14:48:29

I can never see these images. Any of my browsers open.

I think it's H6's fault. The game is so bad that it indirectly messes with anything I do in daily basis. Even not buying it.

krayz1e2010 Mroczny
February 09, 2015 14:48:39

Tnx all. As you saw, this is only 2 types of tree copy pasted. Little work to do. It needs so little to make this town better. Town needs more small details.

krayz1e2010 Mroczny
February 06, 2015 20:22:26

Why free browser game has 10 times better graphic look than Heroes 7?

Sussugamon Doradca
February 06, 2015 20:25:38

Go figure.

As I said, no need to be 3D if 2D is well designed. I wonder if they did more simple things, if they could have added another faction upon launching, conserving mechanics and cutting half of these animations, glowing things or whatever.

violetcoffee
February 06, 2015 20:31:12

It is matter of artist. The cheapest game can have the most awesome minimalistic design, and expensive large project also can have the poorest one. Limbic was not lucky, when they were picking artist for their towns.

RobvD84 Szalony
February 06, 2015 20:33:25

And not to mention that this game is probably from the H5 era.

AuroraBorealis9
February 06, 2015 20:34:03

I agree with violetcoffee.

Sempai_Mur Mroczny
February 06, 2015 20:36:27

Ye, there are plenty other examples of indie and browser games with good cities. Meh. That's upset.

Lord_Camilus
February 06, 2015 20:37:59

I really like this town screen, much more interesting than made in Heroes VII (perspective, position of buildings, colours).

Pux123 Triumfator
February 06, 2015 20:50:26

@Camilus I agree. That's actually a rather beautiful picture, with those autumn colours and foggy mountains

violetcoffee
February 06, 2015 20:59:37

Also it shows that developers dont consider townscreens as important feature. This person who was hired, was certainly presenting his previous art creations, while applying for job. So, maybe his previous work was good and he did lazy one this time. But I dont belive this because towns shows fatal design errors = lack of knowledge, skills. It is not just lazy, but also amateurish. Or he shoved his poor artworks and get hired, because nobody cared that much. Or maybe he was friend of somebody :P

RobvD84 Szalony
February 06, 2015 20:59:47

Even if they don't have a big budget, it does not justify copy pasta and making TS like that.

Andre-Nikon
February 06, 2015 21:03:15

The statue in this townscreen, which is on the left, near the castle stairs, is the Haven's Grail building from HoMM V! :DD

Milets Strażnik
February 06, 2015 23:45:45

Hm, Haven townscreen should be something more like it

February 06, 2015 15:55:19

I believe devs are doing their best at this game but the results are not satisfying at all. There must be smth terribly wrong in managment. Someone who has invented the lore after H5 (which was good, not perfect but submitted pretty well) is doing big decisions that most of the community dont like and he/she still continue pushing them in game. Cmon Spidermania 20 years after war of the broken staff? Design of townscreen what doesnt match the design of whole game. Recycling the worst from H6?

Quetzatoul Kreeganin
February 06, 2015 16:01:42

Didn't they say that the campaigns would be events from the various factions histories that Ivan would learn from?

February 06, 2015 16:05:14

I am quite dissapointed about this game. I suspect Ubi to give us Heroes 6 2.0.
Get inspiration from what most of the cummunity wants and this game can be your gold mine. More time and cash you invest in, bigger income you gain from it, pretty simple. It would be better to have release date at 2016 than exuses like, we havent enough time or money. I know it isnt the devs mistake. But producers cant have exuses about half-made product.

February 06, 2015 16:09:08

I doubt that Ivan call all these guys in his council only to tell him old stories about warfare.

B_WE
February 06, 2015 16:14:19

Don't be impatient... What we see here is just a small part of the game. I am sure, when it will be finished, it will be great. Just wait, you will see!

darioio
February 06, 2015 16:14:26

You know Matooob, I remember few article back Ubi-Nox wrote that they are working very hard! Simply I can't see it!
It's not even that I might like it or not, it's just looking at illogical townscreems I'm asking where's this hard-work? Or even better, copy/paste units from H6 that must be very very hard to do, and very time consuming!

RobvD84 Szalony
February 06, 2015 16:35:30

Well it is quite simple really. Even H6 did not just copy paste, so that says enough about what they are doing now.

February 06, 2015 16:36:28

Well i think the Townscreens improved by fans were much more than acceptable. They spent several hours at photoshop and results were great. So why they cant add this in game, the guys who made it would be very glad. I believe they would also do it for free, maybe a cd as reward for their work would be symphatetic gift. Or if they want in game only stuff made by themselves, lets spend several hours at photoshop or another program and IMPROVE IT.

CarnelianUK Wspaniały
February 06, 2015 16:39:53

@darioio The copy/pasting of units from H6 for the Necropolis (which they pretty much admit was a mistake) is a fair accusation, but to accuse them of not working hard just because you don't like the art-work for the town screens strikes me as being terribly rude. Clearly someone has put time and effort into them, even if the results do not appeal to you personally.

darioio
February 06, 2015 16:51:17

@CarnelianUK
No No No
I didn't say stuff I don't like: e.g. colours, style of building, I clearly said illogical placement of buildings .... or terrigle proportion of buildings, town-wall. Those are stuff that for me shows lack of proper work and thoughts! As I said I'm not blind hater

Sempai_Mur Mroczny
February 07, 2015 14:55:40

waitin' for some
|"""""""""""""""""||\
|..+..news...+.. ||""\__,_
|_____________ |||_|__|_ )
..... *(@)|(@)"""*******(@)"

after weekend

Mirash_ge Smok
February 07, 2015 15:01:11

|^^^^^^^^^^^|______ weekend
|_tequila______|','''|'''''''''\____,,
|_______________| _|'____|____| Ubi !
*'(@)'(@)'''''''|(@)(@)******|(@)**...

shmelloff Rycerski
February 07, 2015 15:35:35

)) Жжеш

cdiMaster Wierny
February 07, 2015 15:46:47

same

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
February 07, 2015 17:55:18

Stop drawing pictures and NO FUN, We are in time out this weekend! Don't you see?

Miks_ya Pradawny
February 07, 2015 18:35:45

Парнишка выше, явно прибыл из королевства зла, веселиться нельзя, рисовать тоже, а за смех в его стране, наверно язык отрубают...

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
February 08, 2015 11:28:37

mixerysA: этот парнишка действительно прибыл из империи зла.
на его фуре были украинские номера города Киева:

---------- UA 2524 AA ----------

TommyJ1989 Szalony
February 05, 2015 20:09:28

May I remind all the people out there who are stunned by this announcement that the devs are looking for constructive criticism, not raging or whining etc...

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 20:11:32

They ARE NOT. Constructive critisicm happened. +20 000 posts over 177 topics were covered at HC since the very beginning of the MMH7 announcement. + they were the NUMEROUS complaints of MMh6 Necropolis at that time. They COULD have done something. They DIDN'T. And know they play the victims because we rage.

The-Librarian Magiczny
February 05, 2015 20:16:36

@GalaadleHaut: They have listened and changed things after our feedback. Just because they don't change everything every single person complain about does not mean that they don't take our worries with ease. We have a serious and talented team building this game, and they have out of sharing the love for this game given us a chance to vote and give opinions. Your opinions might be a minority and thus never win, but frankly that should neither be mine or the developers problem.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 20:22:45

They didn't change shit. There are more than one way to have skeletal lich while keeping lore consistency for ONE example.

Antarius90 Tajemniczy
February 05, 2015 19:20:01

I think we can support the team and say the faults they have in development, with education, respect.

When we write team errors here (once) , they can read us. But no repeat the same comment 500 times.

the team knows our opinions, but we need support them too, to create a better game, saying what is bad , and what is good. All post shows work in progress and its no final content, they can still change things, but they need a time to change those errors.

EnergyW Twardziel
February 05, 2015 19:21:25

You see, that's the deal. We can complain, but will they take our ideas in consideration?

In other words, not every problem we can point on will be removed or changed.

mediczero Młot Losu
February 05, 2015 19:22:06

Smart words...

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 05, 2015 19:24:53

The team DOESN T GIVE A SHIT about our opinions. Constructive criticism happened. +20 000 posts in the H7 forum section at HC, 177 topics created. They just DON'T CARE. They are a DISGRACE to HOMM is what I think. I could pardon some things, but Spiderpolis is just a big dump and vomit, imo.

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 05, 2015 19:25:25

I really can't agree more and I wonder why there is so little calm people here.

ChrupekPL Najeźdźca
February 05, 2015 19:31:49

Seems like Galaadie is starting to rage since many people are supporting Ubi :D

adambjpoole
February 05, 2015 19:34:55

The phrase "work in progress" loses all meaning after it has been slapped on every town screen and, rather than seeing progress, we see the same bad formula used over and over. Or even showing the exact same screen again a month later, as is the case with Haven.

And why are people losing their calm? Because this site was created with the idea that our comments would matter. So far, they haven't. They say we matter to placate us. That isn't listening. That makes people mad.

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 05, 2015 19:37:43

@GalaadleHaut: For your own good just go for a walk or read non-conspiracy based book. By the way your title is really apropriate- your comments suggest terrible brian injury and hammer might be the crime tool.

Antarius90 Tajemniczy
February 05, 2015 19:41:52

Well, we said that townscreens are the same perspective, etc. (i have said it many times) They know it can mean less plays sold, they have the chance to do something, but if they dont it... we adverted them.

Cleglaw Doradca
February 05, 2015 22:22:39

oh really? then, i assume its fine when they do 3 townscreens and get bashed because of same reasons every time?

boot-lickers.

ogrezys Szalony
February 05, 2015 18:24:00

For sure some of you will disagree with my comments, but if that really happened and people are pushing over the fairness limit, I see it as an act of childish behavior or wrongly understood democracy/freedom. If you have the chance to loudly say how you want the game to look, use this chance, but not become a fanatic. After all, don't forget that is just a game, for God sake!
How many games you bought and were not as expected? You have this chance to communicate your expectations; use it well!

ChrupekPL Najeźdźca
February 05, 2015 18:25:44

I agree with you!

EnergyW Twardziel
February 05, 2015 18:26:31

Think of it like this way. We yell to inform the devs we don't like this feature. If they decide to keep it, as well as other things, people will lose interest, meaning lesser profits, which in turn means possibility of no DLC-s and less budget to make next game.

ogrezys Szalony
February 05, 2015 18:36:35

@EnergyW: Let Ubi care about the profit. Trust me, they will have the profit. Take only the example of never-ending Assassin's Creed story :).
Remember H5 starting small disaster and the way H5 ToE improved the game. I don't say is perfect, but give them a chance. Honestly, I don't really care if the spider is green, yellow or red, as long Ubi will not lose other 3 months just to keep everybody happy :).

ChrupekPL Najeźdźca
February 05, 2015 18:42:19

ogrezys, wisdom flows through your words. I agree with you.

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 05, 2015 19:07:38

I can't agree more.

MightyKain
February 05, 2015 21:16:06

Thank for taking the recoil, we need more people like you. :)
I and you are just as much fans of the game as they are, though it's still a game and it's just not the way to favour our own cravings than our humanity regardings others, Especially just for a game.
Hopefully (for them) theres no rules on the internet... for now, at least. :/
If everybody want to do whatever he want, then do it, your free right, but don't come cry when the respect will be dull and the harassment totally free.

MightyKain
February 05, 2015 21:21:02

And when i'm saying harassment i'm gently.
We know what people can do for less than nothing.

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:19:01

AM I the only one who loves how DESCIPLES takes risks with its character designs to make something fresh and totally unique!!
(i said fresh and unique, not making a stone harpie and calling it a gargoyle, that shit doesnt count!)

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 08, 2015 18:19:45

One thing dude one thing, Disciple is NOT Heroes. Warcraft neither for the matter. :P

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:21:06

Never said it was, might want to go back school to learn to read buddy :P

I said the unit designs should be more unique and fresh!

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 08, 2015 18:22:32

So just say so, and I do know how to read you don't have to be a toilet. :P

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:25:42

Ok, i guess i take it back, u never got past first grade entrance exam apparently.

Here a friendly help on what a good joke looks like:
-- http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Funny --

February 08, 2015 18:25:47

If it was up to me I'd expect new designs/looks/models in every new iteration. All past iterations have had something I dislike, but that's fine since I know next one I'll see something new... That is until h7 came with the brilliant idea to recycle... and recycle... and recycle... At least with haven they put some effort into it. Academy almost 1:1 from scrapped h6 academy and the horrific necro units units from h6... yuck! -.-

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 08, 2015 18:27:04

denisa: being a kid does not excuse you of being insulting.

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:28:30

Thats what u get for looking for trouble with ur "toilet jokes" bud!

GalaadleHaut Bohater
February 08, 2015 18:29:51

lol OK MAN

Nekrodemon Wierny
February 08, 2015 18:34:56

> Academy almost 1:1 from scrapped h6 academy

It was only few artworks and concepts. If they were never used, so why not?
I think that Academy and Haven made good. Can be better, but still good. About Necropolis... Yep, single good thing here is Grim Reaper.

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:36:01

@ramborusina, i agree, but haven is made from mostly knights and human soldiers, u cant go super creative on it unless ur changing the faction completely!
Necropolis is the easiest one to innovate in, and we got a spider as innovation. -_-

February 08, 2015 18:39:55

@Nekro I dunno how much of academy was actually done as in programmed, but they could've given their own vision of academy rather than copy from BlackHole. So much here is taken from h6 it's rather sad to me. Devs should give their own vision or take on things, not copy it from elsewhere. So far I see huge lack of creativity for h7, but instead I see lots of recycling!

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 08, 2015 18:49:10

denisa016, ramborusina: Oh, so now you are going with "Disciples takes more risk and it's better, MMH 7 s**ks" tone. Interesting I truly didn't expect that.

Seriously guys I see 4 paths for you:

1) Find yourself lives and hobbies other than trolling

2) Accept the game as it is and try to help by leaving civil critique

3) Quit Shadow council

4) Be consumed by madness you are surrounding yourselves with

But remember, choose wisely.

PS. @GalaadleHaut: You are not on trolls' side?! What?!

darioio
February 08, 2015 18:49:43

Yes to Disciples!
They really took a risk!

February 08, 2015 18:50:49

@Denisa I partially agree about haven. I always see it as the safe boring faction that has the foot-soldier, archer, 2nd soldier, beast(generally griffin),priest, cavalry and angel. It's not like it's truly limited to knighthood though. They COULD make them dark faction of thieves, brigands, slavers, murderers, mercenaries etc. It doesn't have to be story of the glorious empire, it's just something they choose to do.

Nekrodemon Wierny
February 08, 2015 18:51:07

@ramborusina ok, i understand your point of view. Just Academy is an example of copypaste that i can accept, when Necropolis is not.

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:52:17

@Zatrakus95
So level with me, were talking u say were trolling. Ur trying to troll us, and ur pointing at us for being trolls? How are u not the biggest hypocrite?!?

denisa016 Szalony
February 08, 2015 18:56:01

@ramborusina Id rly love the assassin/mercenary units as part of haven. Just to give it some distinct feel. They could throw in some mages, like Desciples did and it worked out well. Or make the priests more powerful mages than support casters. Or make the female defender unit be a offensive caster!

Niwroc Pradawny
February 08, 2015 18:57:16

I fail to see how Ramboursina was trolling. All I saw was him saying that. Yes that's a good thing about Disciples and past Heroes, but not 7, there is too much recycling in 7.

I'd say that that is constructive criticism. It's saying look, you can be great, you did it once and can do it again. But don't just recycle. Especially nor from one as recent as 6 that also was generally disliked.

February 08, 2015 18:58:05

@Zatra I was speaking on general level. I didn't say a word about disciples as I haven't even played the series. And maybe it's you who should quit the shadow council when you can't accept anything bad being said about/regarding h7 even if it's the truth. I've read a lot of your comments to different people and you use very passive-aggressive messages saying to people to quit this council because you don't like what they say. Much easier for you to quit than dozen other people to quit for you ;)

Zatrakus95 Rycerski
February 08, 2015 19:12:08

@ramborusina, denisa016: My comments follow simple logic- you express lack of interest in MMH7 as it is and this site exists to give people who are interested in it ability to shape it and help devs in thier work. Thus I don't see any purpose in you leaving commnets here.

And I am trolling? You picked topic of different franchise for no other reason but to point out that devs work is in your opinion bad. It doesn't help espacially when townscreens are marked "work in progress".

Iwanesosuro Szalony
February 08, 2015 19:23:40

Whe looking at the in game screenshots of the townscreen they don´t seem too improved so I found logic that they complay, specially when compared when the development of another non so well entablished franchise which probably recibed less budget for his development.

February 08, 2015 19:24:45

@Zatra You do realize that you're at the very gist of the problem. We have given the constructive comments and expressed what we expect from the series. We have told them what we don't want from the series for years on forums and I've been here on this site since the start. Almost nothing gets through, only times we can say we've been truly heard is when we had #GURS-campaign which was pretty much spamming lot of time and when the outrage with necro reveals came.

February 08, 2015 19:27:22

And I don't give constructive ideas?

For example in last 3 news:
This topic from top move to 12 up votes
Necro town-screen top 2nd page
february screens top 1st page

"A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a couple of hours in the library." Hopefully you get where I'm going with this aphorism ;)

RobvD84 Szalony
February 08, 2015 20:13:12

I guess Zat here is too new on this site to actually have seen anything else than negativity.
Anyway why don't you come up with something interesting Mr. Zat? Instead of attacking us.