Marblethrone Rycerski
January 14, 2015 19:03:39

Imagine becoming a priest of Elrath and having to walk around with that double halo all day, blinding everyone and keeping you up at night.

Thranduilll Tajemniczy
January 14, 2015 19:05:01

<3 Imagine them saying "Bitch I'm fabulous" ~~~~

viragosg Furia
January 14, 2015 19:07:15

"Because you are so smart that your glooming mind will blind anyone else. So you must wearing some ridicolous ring to reduce its light."

Marblethrone Rycerski
January 14, 2015 19:09:09

One ring to rule them all.

Milets Strażnik
January 14, 2015 21:04:15

I like the ring. It gives a more holy/ angelical/ celestial look to the priest. Maybe female should have one too.

January 14, 2015 21:39:23

It would be better to appear just at higher lvls. I prefer the more realistic models of heroes with less shiny things all around.

arturo121.98 Tajemniczy
January 15, 2015 23:02:29

imagine people asking about those little wings and your uneasiness

jeremy_hudson Tajemniczy
January 24, 2015 05:57:12

It would be pretty sick though

TinyPurple Kreeganin
January 15, 2015 15:28:28

Only demands. demands demands demands.... what about enjoying the stuff they give us and be done with it. they want our feedback, not our harassment.
They don't owe us anything, since we hadn't bought this game, and we will only buy it if we like it.
so yes, you want them to make a game you like, but come on, relax a bit.

To all HOMM fans and Ubi employes: Have a nice weekend

callmestatic12
January 15, 2015 18:20:16

I agree with you, S_W_A_D, i think we all need to keep in mind that this website is a platform for discussion of opinions, not a forum for demands and complaints. While the team has made it clear that the fans' opinions are highly valued, we do not share their responsiblities and the game is ultimately their creation. We should try to keep comments respectful :)

EnergyW Twardziel
January 15, 2015 18:31:33

They may not owe us, but they owe it to the franchise to make a better game. Criticism like this should point them in better direction. Instead, the "general" devs, ones in charge to point out to others how something should look like, likely ignore this site.

And don't forget, similar thing may be said for H6 and you already see how many people *actually* like it.

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
January 16, 2015 09:03:21

well, just give me male druids, male hunters, male blade dancers, main male heroes for Academy and Sylvan and I'm good.

January 15, 2015 10:58:48

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 11:17:43

YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT.

January 15, 2015 11:27:27

Dude that's h6 haven magic hero you showed... I said necro hero. Learn to read!

Here you can compare haven might heroes btw:

Used the same basic design AGAIN, just changed some details unfortunately. Hopefully rest of factions will get new designs instead of just getting recycled.

BeYo_OnD Pradawny
January 15, 2015 11:45:11

The complaints I've read in the picture do not seem accurate. Sorry but I think you're mistaken in your comparison.

January 15, 2015 11:55:38

@BeYo you're entitled to your opinion. I see this as total re-use/recycling of h6 models myself as you can(hopefully) tell from these pictures.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 15, 2015 12:14:18

@Kimarous : Hey there is no need to insult people here.

DarMior Obieżyświat
January 15, 2015 13:05:34

So what? Haven heroes are similar to necromancers only his face covered and mantle. However, they are both magicians, therefore claim to the mantle disappear. And you're trying to say that they are similar only because of the closed face? They are different!
Maybe you have a claim to the staff? All magicians have staffs, so they are the same!

ptrsc Pradawny
January 15, 2015 13:10:25

@ramborusina
Actually that comparison shows that models of Magic H6 necros H7 Haven have quite a lot small differences that need to be modelled and animated from scratch. The only identical part is the mask - even the hood have different shape and thus needs to be done again.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 15, 2015 13:13:02

To me looks like same model as a basis.

ptrsc Pradawny
January 15, 2015 13:22:29

@Galaad
Coz it is. Basis is the same: human (more or less;P) caster in armor. Don't know what people really expected. Or did you hope for a H6 Haven Magic copypaste? Sorry, but saying that it's Necro reusage over and over is just mocking and I'm kinda tired and annoyed with this.
To me they're good whether they're reused or not.

January 15, 2015 13:31:13

@ptrsc to me the first thought when I saw that model was pretty much "WTF, you kidding me?". It was clear as day to me that it's the same model as h6. You say the details are changed, I agree. It's still the same model they use that reminds me immediately from h6 necro hero playing dress-up. And if it's so much work to make the details, they should've just made a new hero that gives more haven than necro feel in my eyes. Current is more like necromancer infiltrating haven to me.

January 15, 2015 13:35:42

And yes, I would've actually rather taken h6 haven copy-paste from magic over the current model as it actually reminds me of haven(hopefully modified at least slightly too). I wasn't fan of it, but I do consider it much better than what we currently have. Most of all I would've hoped new model to be honest...

karin003
January 15, 2015 13:44:39

H3 re-used tons of stuff from H2. I don't see the problem.

ptrsc Pradawny
January 15, 2015 14:05:46

@rambo
As you said, you're entitle to have your opinion, needless to say I didn't get that impression and I don't consider these to be bad, save for some details. My question about reusing Haven models was purely rethorical one, we both know how big the hate would get if the devs would really do that. As I see it the devs can't make something REALLY new (and please note that I do consider these to be new models) simply becuse we're stuck in this #@%$@$^ Ashan...

ptrsc Pradawny
January 15, 2015 14:08:02

Of course devs could try to show more creativity but when they try we get halos, wings and gold everywhere, boobplates... But hey, they're German;DD

[apologies to all Germans, just a bad joke;D]

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 15, 2015 14:22:40

@karin003 : ???
No they didn't ...

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 20:40:48

@ramborusina "Learn to read", says the man who is DELIBERATELY making comparisons with the WRONG class and ignoring the similarities with the ACTUAL class! Also, how about comparing the actual physical models? Sure, not many Embalmer pics lying around, but look:

There's too many differences for what YOU insinuate. >:(

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 20:52:39

The "Blades turned 180 degrees, extended and moved together to form wings" is especially stupid. How the hell can anyone take that seriously? That's not even getting into how many OTHER huge differences exist in the picture, like all the SKULLS everywhere; differences you chose not to address, I might add!

The only reason I'm not doing one big counter pic is because I moved to a new computer and haven't figured out the picture-editing program for Windows 8.1!

January 15, 2015 23:50:32

@Kimarous see now you're (slowly) getting to the root of the problem, WHY would they move necro hero to haven? Even if you change the clothes, the guy is still the same and looks the same. It looks like necromancer dressed to spy haven, which doesn't make it look like haven hero at all. I don't understand why would I compare the current mage with h6 haven mage, when I see them as very different... And I consider h6 mage actually looking like haven hero unlike the current male one.

January 15, 2015 23:56:18

And if you actually had bothered to read the texts in the pic, I did say armor was changed and the ornaments were changed to wings, colors from black and green to steel,gold and white. Or do you consider the skulls something other than armor nor ornaments? Do they have some secret function perhaps only you are aware of? Maybe they steal souls? And in the conversations(IF you had bothered to read) I did say they changed the details, but that doesn't change the fact that they used the same model.

January 16, 2015 00:02:16

You see, the model is the guy with it's glowing eyes, body build/type, posture (the basic guy) beneath the clothing. Just because I have jacket in one picture and t-shirt in another doesn't make me different guy, I'm still the model in the pictures you see? What certainly doesn't help that magic hero is the glowing eyes, it doesn't look at all like it's a living human. And it doesn't help that they used white as dominating color in the original version too, ultimately just changing the details.

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 16, 2015 01:27:54

"I don't understand why would I compare the current mage with h6 haven mage, when I see them as very different" which is the root of the issue, and entirely a hang-up of you and the other idiots who think that "hood with glowing eyes" is automatically Necropolis. I have read all your text, and I think it is all bunk.

In any case, I'm tired of arguing the issue, so I'll just sign of with a hearty middle finger, since that's all I'm getting from you anyways.

Ekohippi
January 16, 2015 15:00:02

So we are all idiots because we don't think necromancers in disguise make good haven heroes? Gotcha! Re-use in itself isn't totally bad, the problem is that they re-use bad things and things that don't fit and that's the problem with necro-hero in haven!

Don't you Wonder why so many People seem to dislike or hate the heroes and townscreen based on comments? It's because limbic hasn't put enough effort in them. When fans are creating much better heroes and Ts than Devs, it shows lack of effort

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 16, 2015 15:14:17

Heroes 3 did not reuse ANY graphic assets from Heroes 2 whatsoever, not a single one.

It has the same feel, but nothing is REUSED.

H2 are hand-made
H3 all new and pre-rendered

bjarked Doradca
January 15, 2015 10:39:33

Why the wings
Why the griffin armor and not a wolf armor
Why not wind magic
Why the heavy armor
Why the over the top armor
Why does the male have golden ring
Why does the female not have the golden ring

Necroeroticus Szalony
January 15, 2015 10:53:53

Wings, rings, and face clothes over the top and weaken the design. And yeah, why all the feathers and griffin designs, yet WHERE ARE THE GRIFFINS?

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 11:14:54

1) I'm guessing that there are actual angelic heroes in this game.
2) Seems more like "Elrath's golden feathers" than specifically "griffin."
3) Why wind magic? They don't worship Ylath anymore, and fire at least gives off light.
4) Doesn't seem too heavy. Nowhere near the gear for the Might classes.
5) Pauldrons = over the top?
6) Because of their tiny wings, I'm guessing.
7) Because of bigger (working?) wings and the rings would get in the way?

bjarked Doradca
January 15, 2015 11:29:40

1) Does not look like real wings, and humans do not get winds
2) still makes no sens then all the units have armor from the wolf duchy, then why would the heroes have the armor for the holy empire.
3) No many of them still do, and are the ones we kill in H5. so it makes more sens then prime
4) then you do not know the difference between light and heavy armor. they are mages they are not suppose to be in melee.
5) No, but overly detailed are.
6) makes no sens.
7) decently makes no sens

ptrsc Pradawny
January 15, 2015 12:38:17

@bjarked
2) coz army is equipped by the empire (and chaplains by the church) while heores are wealthy enough to afford themselves better gear. Plus they don't neccessarily must have personal connection to any duchy... And Magic Haven heroes are basically also priests so they are equipped by church as well.
3) For Inquisitor Fire seems very fitting, burning the heretic/heathen and such.
5) If these happen to be Inquisitors then armor on top is fitting, they should be intimidating.

CarnelianUK Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 13:01:41

1. Wings evoke Elrath's children, the Angels (Also it's still technically the Falcon Empire)
2. The colours could be altered to make them fit more with the Wolf Duchy's colours, but I don't see anything particularly "Griffin" about the armour style.
3. Wind magic would be more Griffin, as they still have some ties to Ylath IIRC
4 + 5 Haven magic heroes draw inspiration from D&D-style clerics rather than wizards, so it makes sense for them to be armoured
6 + 7 Valid. Female should also have halo

Thranduilll Tajemniczy
January 14, 2015 20:28:55

My proposition for Sylvan.

mediczero Młot Losu
January 14, 2015 20:30:55

we need the sylvan heroes to look like this!

cao_imchin Tajemniczy
January 14, 2015 20:34:24

cool

Jaegerkiller
January 14, 2015 20:36:38

And if the Concept book is right, the sylvan is riding a giant "tiger" which is looking creepy as fuck. :D
Maybe i upload some pics if im back at home befor they showed the concept art by themself

jshalky Potężny
January 14, 2015 20:40:01

Unfortunately even thou this concept looks amazing you can see her mouth which seem to be not acceptable for ubi in last iterations of the game

mediczero Młot Losu
January 14, 2015 20:46:16

Actually, consering that we does not we the entire face, then we might have this design...

Milets Strażnik
January 14, 2015 21:01:05

Agreed!

adambjpoole
January 14, 2015 21:07:30

Even as somebody who voted for Fury, I did really like the look of the Emerald Knights and will miss seeing them in the game. This looks like it would be a great way to get them in after all - and the devs obviously already have the concept art for it, so I'd think it would be relatively simple on their end (since they obviously like to borrow previously used arts.) Heck, they could even call one of the sub-classes an Emerald Knight!

mediczero Młot Losu
January 14, 2015 21:23:02

If fury just had emerald knights, then it would have been perfect....

Lildave439 Strażnik
January 15, 2015 08:27:48

They're grrrreat!

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 09:35:03

@ Jeremiah
1 Female mage look great
2 Male magician funny. Necromancer at the masquerade
3 "I agree. 6 heroes per faction is too much. There would be a problem with the balancing. "
I think so too
sorry....

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 09:37:35

Woman magician just beautiful here!

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 09:46:40

The man's dark face. He darkened with anger? Or is it a tan ))

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 10:17:18

Interesting look. beautiful eyes . Female magician better!

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 11:41:33

In any case, there are people who prefer girls to play, and there is the other way round.And though Kikimora draw in the game, it will not change anything.
В любом случае есть любители играть девочками и наоборот . И тут хоть кикимору нарисуй - ничего не изменишь. \ я предпочитаю девочками \ )

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
January 16, 2015 14:08:32

Heroes is not about beauty. If you want beauty, go watch Ms. Universe. Beauty Queens has no place in the battlefield, they'll just break a fingernail and go crying to daddy.
The male hero looks badass and that's how Heroes' heroes should be. Though yeah, he could remove the mask and replace it with something more "priest-like".

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 14:17:11

Heroes - it's just a game.Beauty is in the game does not interfere.
Who loves beautiful girls / And others like to play a boy.

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 14:19:18

Jeremiah
You have been given the male characters. What are you unhappy? ))

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 14:25:13

If you do not need beauty, why are you shouting 3D, 3D, 3D ? )))

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
January 16, 2015 14:51:58

I'm not unhappy, well, not yet at least until I know what they'll do to the Sylvan units. Anyway, I'm just merely stating an opinion. Male heroes are better than female heroes in the last 2 models. While I never said I was pro-3d, the beauty I criticized are the beautiful Beauty Queens you so praise as war heroes. WTF? This is war, not Ms. Universe. These female heroes are better off posing in the center of the battlefield before the battle starts, holding a sign telling us what round it is.

Mirash_ge Smok
January 16, 2015 15:01:25

Jeremiah
Discussion about the male and female models - it is water, water, water ..... ))

Nailkaiser Wierny
January 16, 2015 15:30:04

Marketing Rule: Sex sells

Sad to say the Seraph this time is a male.

Sardren Tajemniczy
January 17, 2015 07:58:35

@Jeremiah: So if there would be a good looking male hero in some fancy cloth outfit, you wouldn't whine about how some beautiful pansy has no place on a battlefield.

Seriously grow up. Every post you make makes me wish that most if not all units have female models. Especially the bladedancer.

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
January 17, 2015 08:22:03

@Sardren
accusing me of something I didn't do? You must be a feminist.

A good-looking male would have a place on the battlefield because he'd most likely look like a badass. That's just the standard for good-looking males.
The male equivalent for a female Beauty Queen is a skinny, pretty boy from a boyband, who has no place in the battlefield either.

Mirash_ge Smok
January 17, 2015 12:47:30

Jeremiah ha ha pretty boy from a boyband, who has no place in the battlefield either. ))))))
Well said )))

January 15, 2015 18:13:36

So in fact ... nothing was changed from H6. Its just not called tears and blood (its sword and shield now), technically it is the same thing. Pictures looks nice, but I do not like where is this game going gameplaywise. Taking ideas from the worst of the sequels is very smart choice indeed altogether with nonrandom skillsystem. You have there some stubborn designers. Someone there is desperately trying to prove that H6 was not his fault.

Eltheris Obieżyświat
January 15, 2015 18:15:23

for skill system you have option random on or off

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
January 15, 2015 18:19:57

They're definitly re-using a lot from h6 and random skills should have been a no brainer. But I do not think this hero class system is like the blood and tears. To me this seems like a set number of heroes will belong to each class and we start and end the game as that class. Where as blood and tears had you start in the middle and upgraded twice in which ever direction you choose.

January 15, 2015 18:22:26

Dude I know that. It doesnt mean that system will be suddenly good. If you put random to H6 skillsystem it will be disaster. Whole system have to be thought as random and designed with that in mind. Randomise checkbox will not solve the problem and in the end nobody will use it. There should be option to turn random off if you want to experiment. Anyway so insisting on nonrandom present in the game inclines that it will be H6 alike.

January 15, 2015 18:27:02

@ SlumbrousShip5 : well yes. So the classes stayed, but way how you gain the "status" changed. Its heroes of MIGHT and MAGIC. I would say 2 classes for combat hero would be quite enough considering skilwheel complexity. I smell H6 disapointment again unfortunatelly.

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
January 15, 2015 18:35:49

Yea I know what you mean about the skill wheel thing. It needs to be designed well with the random factor kept in mind. But I like the classes from what we have seen so far. I'm just we did not see anything that had an obvious advantage over necropolis. With haven being their rival and all.

January 15, 2015 18:43:17

Classes are usually designed around separate skillwheel. Like in diablo for example - monk and barbarian had completely diferent skillsets. In here however skill pool will be most likely shared, perhaps few special abilities (just as in H6) so there is this complex idea of lots of classes but in the end it falls to few diferent skills. Perhaps probabilities could be affected by class or individuall skill efectivness, well I wonder how far will they go in this idea. Sofar I am quite skeptical.

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
January 15, 2015 19:26:53

Me too. But I won't say it sucks till I see it. For all we know it could be these are just the starting abilities of these classes and nothing more. And if that is true then the random skills will look better

violetcoffee
January 15, 2015 16:10:43

I did some retouch on female hero.
--http://i.imgur.com/r6Ds4tY.jpg

Eltheris Obieżyświat
January 15, 2015 16:14:33

nah i like current one;)

Cosadj Doradca
January 15, 2015 16:38:35

I don't mind the hidden face. Since it will be the same model for all the haven magic heroes, covering teir faces somehow deals with the identification problem.

But I agree with removing the wings, they kinda looks ridiculous. Nice work BTW.

CaptainOfMinion Wierny
January 15, 2015 16:50:48

I like it. In my opinion the worst change you did was removing the gold from parts of her armor, but that's not much, I can live with both versions :P
Removing the wings was a good idea, she looks better without them.
The problem is, as said above, that their faces pretty much MUST be hidden. But in my opinion mask (like in H6) or just shadow from hood is better option than whan they did.

Chiasa Szalony
January 15, 2015 16:57:57

@Captain
I don't think there's a need to hide their faces. After all we won't see them too close anyway. Hood hides most part of it in shadow, the rest can be quite generic. Hair aren't visible so their colour not being in match with portrait won't be a problem, only skin colour could be. But I've never seen dark-skinned Haven hero (was there ever?). And the mask looks weird imo.
I agree on the armour colour though, gold-silver one looked more like fancy décor, not supposed to give protection.

Chiasa Szalony
January 15, 2015 17:00:09

continuation:
And when it's all silver it seems more like a real armour. But that's just me.
@violetcoffee
Very nice :) She looks so much better without that silly ninja mask!

CaptainOfMinion Wierny
January 15, 2015 17:03:06

@Chiasa
It seems you (just like me) don't see much difference in faces except for skin and hair color. But many people will see the differences. I guess it wouldn't be THAT big problem. In H5 faces weren't hidden, you actually had a pretty close look at them when looking at hero's artifacts and other things, and I don't remember anyone being mad about it.
So, I think you're right, and devs should do some heroes' models that have faces shown if it fits them better, like with Haven magic hero.

CaptainOfMinion Wierny
January 15, 2015 17:03:37

@Chiasa
TL;DR
You're right.

Eltheris Obieżyświat
January 15, 2015 17:04:52

and i dont think that there's a need to show their faces that privilage shoud be for raelag,sandro the iconic heroes from campain for skirmish, multi i rather have masked one, but that is just my preference

violetcoffee
January 15, 2015 17:16:04

Ok, thank you for your opinions. I agree with Chiasa that masks are not necessary. But if so, some helmet would be nicer, this scarves makes no sense for Haven hero.

Minastir Strażnik
January 15, 2015 17:55:16

@violetcoffee I like your version, actually i like both of them but helmet would make less sense for magic hero than scarf ;)

EnergyW Twardziel
January 15, 2015 18:09:38

Strangely enough, she looks like H6's Ciele...

violetcoffee
January 15, 2015 18:10:54

Some light helmet like justicars makes sense, even if they are not might heroes, they are still leaders of their armies, not monks in some church. Andy why is scarf weird? Simply because covering faces have no tradition among medieval knights or clerics. It suits some assassins, therefore it is weird in haven. I think that scarf is actually in serious conflict with values adored in Haven.

EnergyW Twardziel
January 15, 2015 18:12:48

Hey, everyone looks good with a scarf. But not wrapping the mouth with it.

January 15, 2015 18:37:27

I think with those little changes the hero looks already a lot better. Nice work!

feidrota85 Obieżyświat
January 15, 2015 19:23:07

looks awesome!

Jaegerkiller
January 15, 2015 22:28:54

like it pretty much. :) I would prefer even less armor and more cloth, but its fine aswell.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 16, 2015 00:05:51

Sweet violet ! Much better being able to see her face :good:

GalaadleHaut Bohater
January 16, 2015 13:09:18

If you see this, post you art here ! ;)

-- http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=40990 --

adambjpoole
January 14, 2015 19:58:54

Very nice. The female version looks fantastic, also. Great detail. Male is a bit toned down, but no more so than what I'd expect.

Ekohippi
January 14, 2015 18:56:44

That is so lazy recycle from h6 that it's rather pathetic! That shit looked weird and pretty much horrible in h6 and it didn't really get any better when you moved the heroes to haven. SHAME ON YOU LIMBIC! Are you going to be cutting corners everywhere? Nobody looks at towns so Nobody Probably looks at heroes then too? Next Nobody looks at creatures so you Will start cutting back from them next? After that game-play? Don't do things half-assed, this series and community deserve so much better!!

EnergyW Twardziel
January 14, 2015 18:57:54

...assuming Ubi had no influence on them...

Thranduilll Tajemniczy
January 14, 2015 19:03:41

I didn't like the H6 heroes too. I am scared for my Sylvan heroes now.

Ekohippi
January 14, 2015 19:04:16

It's not very good sign if they say "ubi" or "no money" to everything and still say this Will be great or best game to the series!

viragosg Furia
January 14, 2015 19:10:43

I have never thought I 'll say this: But you might be right.

w1842nite Kreeganin
January 14, 2015 19:19:41

after what i have seen in alpha version i am not surprised that they took H6 heroes models, it is lame for sure, but unfortunately we will see a lot more rebuild things from H6 in the nearest future, so get used to it(((

Jaegerkiller
January 14, 2015 20:45:21

In fact they look better for haven then necropolis, but its really not a great thing to see old models beeing recycled and repainted.
I still hope they will read the town critism and the same here with the "holos" on the male and the "too fancy" the same problem the H6 units had, all too fancy... i thought Limbic would do a better job after i saw the new haven units but the Heros.. .well... I don't wanna see the Academy might heroes, justs sounds so wrong...

karin003
January 15, 2015 14:06:26

In what way are they "cutting corners"? Town screens are made from scratch. You might not like the result, but that's a different matter. Hero models are different on almost all points, but share some similarities since both are magic casting humans made by the same artist. I don't see how that is cutting corners. And even if they DID re-use models - so what? All heroes games re-used stuff from older games. It's effective use of money. If anything, the models are over the top, not cheaply made.

guest-Q2C5DSj5 Furia
January 15, 2015 02:58:49

What's up with the face covering? The Haven kind represents all that is good, and is the closest thing to human. Stick to the "feeling", please let them show their human face.

Cleglaw Doradca
January 15, 2015 03:01:05

this! hear the man devs.

LiamWolf24
January 15, 2015 04:44:50

Fun Fact: Sisters are the only unit in Haven that fully shows their head.

Kimarous Wspaniały
January 15, 2015 05:36:14

H6 started covering every hero's head, presumably to avoid the disconnect between a hero's gameplay avatar and their portrait. Case in point for what they're trying to avoid:

Avatar:

Portrait:

Note the disconnect? Tends to stand out more and more as models get more and more details. Hiding the face obscures any dissonance between the model and the portrait.

LordFoxton Doradca
January 15, 2015 07:11:53

It's this ^ exact reason I prefer the face covering. That was my only problem with previous MM games. The overland models all looked like a specific person and then there were a varity of portraits who werent even the same species as that person. With this it could feasably be anyone under there.

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
January 20, 2015 14:27:20

HoMM: Fraction Academy ( updated )

--- http://youtu.be/eqMa5Plsm0Q
отредактировал спец. для Миражика! :)))

Mirash_ge Smok
January 20, 2015 14:36:13

супер ! спасиб ...в финалке - это Я !!!

EnergyW Twardziel
January 15, 2015 15:08:02

Arabic clerics, arabic wizards, arabic elves (townscreen music). Are the devs born in south-western Asia or what?

January 15, 2015 15:15:50

But at least academy is Christian with all the crosses on top of buildings!

Fakirbocko Łowca Skarbów
January 14, 2015 20:15:09

wow excelent artwork on this two ladies, and i really like this 2 * 3 clases per faction.....good work

Marblethrone Rycerski
January 14, 2015 20:19:27

The right one is a guy... :P

ptrsc Pradawny
January 14, 2015 20:21:39

Nah....

violetcoffee
January 14, 2015 19:56:13

Magic heroes looks like for H6No.2 It is a bit pity that designers doesn't work with new haven wolf theme...

ptrsc Pradawny
January 14, 2015 20:00:07

Actually while fitting for Might heroes that wouldn't be so much for Magic ones - church of Elrath could easily have 'standard' clothing for it's priests, no?

violetcoffee
January 14, 2015 20:04:21

They are too fancy, imo.

ptrsc Pradawny
January 14, 2015 20:07:40

That I can't deny. But hopefully Confessors will have less gold at least...

Lildave439 Strażnik
January 15, 2015 08:35:42

I agree, more white, less gold. Priests can have some gold, and inquisitors should have some red and look more like a cardinal in roman catholicism.

viragosg Furia
January 14, 2015 19:45:31

What should be removed or changed:
Rings
Wings
Armours
Mouth covering

adambjpoole
January 14, 2015 20:03:29

Agree about the halo rings. But the wings look like a good artistic touch, and the armor looks appropriate. After all, these are combat priests, not pencil pusher or sermonizing clerics, so being battlefield ready makes sense for them. The mouth coverings are something I'd more expect to see from the Academy, since they (at least in recent games) have had an Arabic style. They look okay, though, so I can take'em or leave'em.

jshalky Potężny
January 14, 2015 20:16:30

For me the worst think about this heroes are the halos and the Mouth coverings. Since this guys are to be commanders bit of armour does not matter. Another think that botters me is that male hero looks much more powerful tht female with the halos and the shining eyes. Also his staff seem to be gloving. And it just loog wierd to me

Milets Strażnik
January 14, 2015 21:06:49

Sooo... you practically want them to be naked or only have some robes? What's the fun in that?

ptrsc Pradawny
January 14, 2015 21:37:28

@Milets
Well, the fun is about naked priestess, right? ;D