LordFoxton Doradca
December 12, 2014 12:53:13

I don't care if the djinn are male or female, I'm just glad they have faces again.

pekute99 Magiczny
December 12, 2014 16:28:02

True.

Nubbocrates Wspaniały
December 12, 2014 23:18:55

I had forgoten about those giant pairs of gloves. They were ridiculous.

Kaanzakin Obieżyświat
December 11, 2014 22:00:15

Loved units generally but as mentioned before some abilities are too repetitive, they are in other factions too. This needs to be changed. For example give marksmen armor piercing shot(ignores a percentage of defense) instead of piercing shot so that they won't be too similar to apprentices/disciples. Also change sweep ability of Swordsmans, this is not a fitting ability for a cgampion unit, let rakashas have it. There are more abilities like these and i hope developers will change them.

ptrsc Pradawny
December 11, 2014 22:02:49

Seconded.

Chiasa Szalony
December 11, 2014 23:32:12

My thoughts exactly

DeanMoriarty1 Magiczny
December 12, 2014 01:08:31

Agree.

Antalyan Pradawny
December 12, 2014 16:29:26

Yes, I see that nearly all these skills and units are the same as in H5. I would recommend you to change some skills and some new ones, I think that there are not as much skills as could be.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
December 12, 2014 22:25:40

Have to agree there as well

GalaadleHaut Bohater
December 11, 2014 16:58:20

This Academy will be SO much better than H5's one :good:

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
December 11, 2014 17:15:17

so forget the heroes 3, and please be prepared to original cool game - H7

ptrsc Pradawny
December 11, 2014 17:25:56

@Necro

For a statement like that I'd rather wait for the game to actually launch. The factions alone won't make the game better than H3. It's up to game mechanics.

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
December 11, 2014 17:29:40

I think me meant forget heroes 5. Cause not only was galaadle comparing this to h5.....but who could forget h3?
Plus necro doesn't make sense 95% of the time

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
December 11, 2014 17:38:59

@ptrsc :

I understand it all:
I do not want to offend fans of Heroes 3, you took it very seriously
I joked with GalaadleHaut )

ptrsc Pradawny
December 11, 2014 17:43:26

Well, I guess I overreacted, sry ^^'

Milets Strażnik
December 12, 2014 12:19:12

H5 and H3 where both good games, with different aspects.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
December 13, 2014 00:00:10

People be sure to scroll down a bit and pay some attention to Kanzaakin's comment

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
December 11, 2014 16:54:36

... the most dangerous creature of this team - a formidable Сabir )))

tiim2011 Strażnik
December 12, 2014 10:33:29

About the graphics

Cabir: ok
Gargoyle: awesome
Golem: ok
Djinn: awesome ! like solmyr in H3
rakshasa: seems a bit small compared to other troops but ok
Disciples: awesome !

However i'm a bit concerned about their abilities:
- No magic immunities for golem ??
- Spell capicities very limited for disciples !!
- Even djinns could be able to launch spells
I think adding magic skills could be a good way to make this faction completely different from the other ones.

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
December 12, 2014 10:51:35

This is the correct opinion:
Cabir: good
Gargoyle: ok
Golem: good
Djinn: puke-worthy
Rakshasa: awesome
Disciples: awesome

ProudMisogynist
December 12, 2014 10:53:53

ewww at the thought of Djinns and Gargoyles being awesome. Tim, I think you need to see a doctor. There's something wrong with your brain.

mediczero Młot Losu
December 12, 2014 10:54:46

No Jeremiah, this is the corrct opinion:

Cabir: Ultra cute!
Gargoyle: Exellent design...
Golem: ok
Djinn: Best djinn design ever!
Rakshasa: Awesomeness!
Disciples: boring...

Esther179
December 12, 2014 10:57:10

I beg to differ.

Cabir: ok
Gargoyle: bad
Golem: bad
Djinn: bad
Rakshasa: great
Disciples: great

mediczero Młot Losu
December 12, 2014 11:19:29

@Esther179

Why is the gargoyle, golem and djinn bad?

ThorHammerhand
December 12, 2014 11:23:01

IMHO, gargoyle have always been balanced. Let's give these ones a chance. If they are slow creatures, then these ones are useless, if fasts strikers then they match the artwork.

Cue abuse in 3 ... 2 ... 1... Go!!!

December 12, 2014 14:40:30

Cabir: mediocre
Gargoyle: ok
Golem: Mediocre/bad
Djinn: Good(in battle looks like blue blur which is really bad)
Rakshasa: First form is bad(too plain), upgraded is great
Mage: good/very good(in battle-pictures the carpet is too big or mage too small)

tiim2011 Strażnik
December 12, 2014 14:48:48

@ProudMisogynist,

I guess you prefer H5 squared gargoyle, or maybe when there are not like in H6 !

And even if I may need to see a doctor, to choose such a pseudonym, you must be hell of a loser with girls ;)

JonathanSwe
December 11, 2014 17:11:32

I really like the randomness of Magic Touch!

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
December 11, 2014 17:17:46

I will miss giving buff to my titans and mages though :(

mediczero Młot Losu
December 11, 2014 21:53:08

Okay, here is what I think of the faction lineups we know so far:

Haven: Zzz..! Ohh sorry, fell asleep when you said Ha... Zzz

Academy: Awesomeness! I want to play it, now!

Sylvan: I actually thinks it's cool, but that deer confuses me...

Dungeon: Awesome, can't wait to see the actual art for it!

violetcoffee
December 11, 2014 22:35:52

I personaly dont have problem with the deer. It is the lack of other units that bothers me in sylvan. If the deer was a core unit instead of pixie, suddenly there will be space for unicorn in elites...damn

DeanMoriarty1 Magiczny
December 12, 2014 01:24:57

god... Haven is so disappointing...

Thranduilll Tajemniczy
December 12, 2014 13:35:13

I feel almost the same. I just like deers, I think they fit better than unicorns. Unicorns are very special and sacred creatures in my eyes not a good unit to risk their lives. I only regret there will be no emerald knights.

I hope we will see root snakes as a neutral creature in Irollan :-)

mediczero Młot Losu
December 12, 2014 13:47:51

@blueraven9
I would prefer the unicorn over the deer, but I agree with you about the emerald knight and root snake...

dct_a
December 11, 2014 21:52:36

I love this Academy!!!

Academy is beautiful!
Academy is the best!
Academy is powerful!
It makes us happiest!
And enemies are full of fear!
When they see master cabir! :D

HanzanPK
December 11, 2014 17:00:02

This looks just as impressive as the Haven faction... Before none of them was appealing to me. Now both are. I really like the golem. Looks bad ass ^_^

December 11, 2014 20:34:23

Aww I was hoping to see new skills and different from other factions since they are using only 1-2 skills for each unit. Now it seems just lazyness to recycle same skills between factions here (and h5 academy for most part).

And not spellbook as I feared for units(single spell for mage?!??) The game just keeps taking more and more after h6... -.-

I kinda disliked the ability-fest of h6, but lack of skills even in higher class units is starting to seem even more disappointing to me.

Sylv4n2005 Niszczyciel
December 11, 2014 20:53:18

Same here.

Konrad-KhaBelet Strażnik
December 11, 2014 19:37:47

In my opinion:
1. Cabirs - ok
2. Gargoyle - ok
3. Golem - he should have a magic immunity too
4. Djiin - she's ability's looks like efreet's ones :O Mana drain ;/ For me it's not a good one for djiin and she should also strengthen an allies not only weaken enemies
5. Rakshasa - ok
6. Apprentice - too little spells
I don't know, but i think that every unit have too little abilities. They have only 2-3. Maybe it's just for today, but they need more.

JotunLogi
December 11, 2014 19:39:58

too many magic immunities is a bit op and it would make them too similar, skills have to differ. Also Titans are constructs bt do not want them to be magic immunes :)

Chiasa Szalony
December 11, 2014 19:42:17

I think having both gargoyles and golems with magic immunity would be OP.
I totally agree with you on number of abilities though, Djinns and Discpiles, definitely should have more spells. Spirits of magic should be casters, not melee, and Apprentices are certainly the lazy types since they can't cast any spells :/

Sylv4n2005 Niszczyciel
December 11, 2014 20:31:17

It's like MMVI, the unit design was overly simplified. I felt that V had the right balance. The djinn and Disciple definitely need more spells.

I dislike magic immunity as a concept, particularly since there is no might equivalent; defence tends to weigh against attack. Magic should be no different. If they want to introduce immunities, they should bring in school specific abilities to counter anti-magic, like Dungeon had in V.

Articun Obieżyświat
December 12, 2014 11:51:41

All in all, very nice lineup and feel. Magic Immunity or immunity to specific kinds of magic really adds to the durability of the army and also makes each unit stands its own ground.

I'd like some more visual differences though to the units like the Rakshasa which the unupgraded and upgraded form are very different.

Marblethrone Rycerski
December 12, 2014 10:08:16

I like the line-up and general appearance of each unit. I agree with other councillors that these units should have more abilities. For instance the Apprentice/Disciple. The HoMM 5 Mage/Archmage has a normal attack that can hit multiple targets, ánd he is able to cast spells such as Fist of Wrath and Fireball. The Disciple's 'nova' ability is just a normal attack powered up. He should be given some offensive and/or defensive spells to aid friendly troops or damage the enemy.

just_kish Strażnik
December 12, 2014 00:17:57

Academy looks marvellous! The best thing in design - magical carpets. It's so cool.
And I still can't understand why people don't accept female-djinns. There always were female-djinn heroes in armies of Academy (remember Jogg's mother). Besides djinns were female in HoMM IV and in HoMM III (unupgrade version is female). So I don't see any problem with their gender here,

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
December 12, 2014 00:35:47

well, heroes 3's upgraded version was male and heroes 4 was the 2nd worst in the series.
Djinns are more badass when they're male. Popular games has portrayed Djinns more as male than female. The few games that portrayed Djinns as female aren't nearly as badass as their male counterparts.

Arch_Gabriel42
December 12, 2014 00:38:26

I don't mind female Djinns but if I were to choose, I'd much rather have male Djinns.

Ziegevolk
December 12, 2014 00:47:23

you're right on the money there brah. I would love to have a male Djinn. This one looks like she's a model of a beauty salon.

Nice talking with you broskies!

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
December 12, 2014 00:48:18

"heroes 4 was the 2nd worst in the series"

What a load of rubbish. You can't dismiss what a game does because you don't like it. Especially when you do it irrationally considering 4 is superior to 1, 2 and 3. If you're rating djinns and how badass they are, then I don't see how you can't like H7 djinns. Look pretty badass to me.

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
December 12, 2014 01:05:40

@KhanOfSlaughter
oh no. I'm not dismissing Heroes 4 because it's my opinion, I'm dismissing it because it's facts and basically, based on popular opinion.
By popular opinion, how does Heroes 4 do? 2nd worst to Heroes 6 right?
Now by sales, how did Heroes 4 did? Still, 2nd worst to Heroes 6.

The game ended 3DO.

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
December 12, 2014 01:31:48

@ Jeremiah, wrong. The game did not end 3DO. 3DO was in a terrible financial situation before Heroes 4 came out. In fact, it was in a terrible financial situation while they were making H3 expansions. They ended because of their silly collection of other games that no one bought. But apparently you weren't aware of the fact they made other games, so let's use your "logic" for a second shall we? They were heading to bankruptcy during H3, therefore H3 ended 3DO.

JeremiahEmo Niszczyciel
December 12, 2014 02:28:42

@KhanOfSlaughter
but you still can't deny the fact that Heroes 4 is the 2nd least popular in the series and that it's one of 2 that has the worst sales. The other one being Heroes 6;

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
December 12, 2014 04:41:02

It would have easily sold more than Heroes 1. Where are these sales statistics that tells you that what order the games appear in regards to sales?

mediczero Młot Losu
December 12, 2014 08:34:14

The new Djinn is the best design to date!

GrayMatters Wspaniały
December 12, 2014 10:33:21

@KhanOfSlaughter: Heroes IV was the worst game of the franchise until MMH 6 took the crown. Now it is not even a discussion anymore, MMH 6 is unplayable.

The state in which HoMM 4 was launched was really poor. The decrease of faction number, bugs, and total lack of balance was a geat step back in the franchise.

It seems there are fan-made patches and mods to make the game enjoyable. Good to know, but that is not HoMM 4. As a day-1 buyer coming from HoMM3, I felt cheated with HoMM 4

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
December 12, 2014 11:29:24

@ GrayMatters, How is H4 the worst or not enjoyable? Let's compare it to the "crown-jewel" of heroes games: heroes 3.

Heroes 4 had better music, storyline, hero skills, magic and faction balance, visuals, magic system, innovations and abilities, and combat was far more realistic and interesting (why wouldn't creatures just attack the hero?).

Do not forget when H3 was launched. It had very little features until the expansions came along and made it into the game everyone loves.

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
December 12, 2014 11:38:12

I have no idea what makes you think H4 had terrible balance when you obviously enjoyed H3's ridiculously unbalanced gameplay. I thoroughly enjoyed H4, in fact out of all of the heroes games it's the one I replay the most since H3 is an extension of H2 and H1, and H5 is just a remake of H3. However, I started playing it as a heroes fan. It sounds like you started playing it as a heroes 3 fan. Hence why you're disappointed. H4 is till rated highly by normal fans. It achieved a metascore of 84.

Kaanzakin Obieżyświat
December 11, 2014 19:09:44

Marksmans from heaven and apprentices/disciples all hhave piercing shot ability. Why is this ability overused? Just give marksmans armor piercing ability so that we don't get a repetitive game.

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
December 11, 2014 19:12:21

Sweep looks familiar too. Isn't that the sword masters skill?

EnergyW Twardziel
December 11, 2014 19:14:38

Yeah it is! But, curiously, it does not mention No Retaliation, so... everyone it hits will retaliate? Hope not...

Kaanzakin Obieżyświat
December 11, 2014 19:14:46

Indeed it is, good catch :) This is very wrong, creatures should have different and unique abilities, you just can't put same abilities over and over again if you want to create a good game. I hope developers will decide change it before it is too late :/

JotunLogi
December 11, 2014 19:17:16

sword master, as upgraded, has also INDOMITABLE, what does not look mighty at all- seems like what had mino in hoMM 3... those obsdian golems has better ability being immune to slow (as construct they do not give s*** about morale so they a bit similar here)

Raskasha = hydra without regeneration

EnergyW Twardziel
December 11, 2014 19:19:27

Maybe they'll surprise us with hydra and give it acid (as in deep hydra from H5)?

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
December 11, 2014 19:23:30

I don't think rakasha will have sweep as a passive but instead be an active ability. Where as the hydra can always attack everyone around it.

viragosg Furia
December 11, 2014 19:24:56

@EnergyW
No I 'm sure it won 't becouse in Haven the wolf had UNLIMITED RETALIATION.

JotunLogi
December 11, 2014 19:26:34

oh I forgot- Hydra will has no flank weakness, but still it is for me too similar with raskasha at this point

viragosg Furia
December 11, 2014 19:34:35

@EnergyW
Sorry I wrote my comment for yoir first.

tal-elmar
December 11, 2014 18:30:30

the arts are great, but the lack of a spellbook for Apprentices/Disciples is disappointing