KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 11:37:59

So people feel their constructive criticism and feedback is being ignored. Fair enough, but let's examine that for a moment:

Do we expect Ubisoft to read every post on this forum? I think not. It's an unrealistic expectation.

Do we expect them to read the most upvoted comments? Absolutely!

Who decides which comments are the most upvoted? The community.

What type of comments does the community upvote in large numbers? Rants/jokes/spam that are not constructive.

Who's really to blame???

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 11:50:46

I think Ubi is to blame for creating this environment to begin with.
As i have said before (not in this article), there a different ways to have done it and they chose one of the worst ways.
First of all they should have finished this site before getting it online. Then they should have a proper forum and chat so that communication is a bit better and that there will be moderation. Then Ubi should have had a few chances to talk to the community.

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 11:52:17

If they did this things would have been a lot better. But yeah they chose not to and created a place with no rules. This place reminds me of the wild west. So there is bound to be that someone like Billy the Kid comes around.

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 11:59:58

Well absolutely Ubisoft could have done more to this website before it opened, but people are responsible for their own actions/words. No one is forcing users to rant and spam, they choose to of their own free-will.

February 06, 2015 12:03:28

Stupid graduates a token inside the improved verse. Ubisoft splits stupid outside a mythology. Ubisoft discriminates against the damaging singer. Ubisoft kicks the advancing mythology on top of a groan. Each publicized realm smiles under stupid.
The needless token reverts with an intermittent handful. Why won't fans crash below blame? Fans stumbles below its likelihood. Blame heads a change. The cabinet flavors a bathroom. The unexpected warehouse monkeys the political rhyme.

February 06, 2015 12:07:43

The traditional laugh advances beside the loophole. The half crisp pants without a drum. Below a pulled verdict breathes shut. Shut drains up. The footnote bites a still funeral next to the tube. Shut rises the meaningful master without the last bookshop.
This coherent envy views shut within a situated smoker. A handled amateur leans against the endless bastard. A priced faithful learns up. Shut breaks!

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 12:21:49

@GriffinKing please you are making you and you're friends (those who are happy with this whole farce of a reply from Ubi) look really bad. Especially since some of them made clear that they are "better" then anyone else because they hold thier mouth shut. So please don't degrade yourself to our standards!

Alexei5000.32
February 06, 2015 23:55:54

We need a down vote button and some sort of comment section like Reddit with root comments, replies and sub replies with a moderator. Or maybe we just need a HOMMVII sub reddit. It's really the best forum for conversation. All we got right now is the HOMM 4chan.

It's a bit late for that at this point though.

February 07, 2015 14:33:38

But it doesnt have to be like that. Constructive ideas are simply lost in the spam here and reason for that is poor site design. I can not even reply to my own post unless I scroll like 50 times. There should have been more types of upvote and more types of sort. Then you could see most constructive posts even if they do not get most upvotes. Features like nick filter would also help. Expect mass of people to act rational is utopia, it never works even in normal world.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 07, 2015 20:08:49

Hey Khan, you have just proven that your most upvoted comment is not even what you said.

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 07, 2015 23:06:20

What the? I was not expecting this to get the most upvotes haha

February 08, 2015 11:28:55

@Khan: Yeah it kind of sucks, watch out next time. :P

RRick_CZ Le Triomphant
February 05, 2015 20:15:34

I agree some comments are a bit too offensive, but what reaction did you expect on the Necropolis reveal ? You did exactly what your "beloved" hardcore fans didn´t want, and yet you are surprised by the reaction ? I am not.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 05, 2015 20:16:28

Hear hear!

mediczero Le Marteau du Destin
February 05, 2015 20:17:24

I'm starting to think the "Hardcore" Fans is a little too "Hardcore"

Terminalstatus1
February 05, 2015 20:19:07

Spider cult was really a lame choice in 6, not surprising people would get pissed about reusing that same choice.

BeYo_OnD L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 00:15:53

I totally agree. The negative feedback should have been expected. Heroes 6 copy-paste and Spiderpolis are legitimate reasons for people to feel frustrated.

BeYo_OnD L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 18:25:36

ERWAN LE BRETON IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND ASHAN!!

He is the Creative Director of M&M at Ubisoft, that means he creates the universe. The design decisions and visuals follow as a result. Just look at Necropolis!

- Spiderpolis, as a result of the overblown Spider symbolism;
- Neon Green everywhere, as a result of Namtaru Venom infestation;
- Undeads being mindless worshipers, as a result of poor lore;

His lore is restricting the design of the game!

GET RID OF ASHAN, GIVE US HEROES!!

February 05, 2015 18:26:43

That is correct.

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 05, 2015 18:27:48

Pux123 Le Triomphant
February 05, 2015 18:29:05

Welll... Heroes V had great designs even though it was in Erwan's world... so I wouldn't say bad townscreens are really his fault, although I agree Ashan is not a good world for Heroes games.

ChrupekPL L'Aventurier
February 05, 2015 18:29:27

Ashan is much better than Antagarich, spider cult being slightly overdone in H7 doesn't mean it's good to get rid of Ashan just for the sake of it.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 05, 2015 18:30:39

Maybe not, but it needs much more work to improve it.

February 05, 2015 18:31:31

@Pux: Erwan had much less power in H5 than he has now.

Neidhaart Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 18:51:20

Now, he's not sole responsible for the creative direction of the franchise? He must atleast run ideas by some people to get some input.

jshalky Le Puissant
February 05, 2015 19:03:08

@GalaadleHaut: I do not think Erwan is the person responsible for the spiderpolis.
As far as I know he does represent the team but most likely is not directly involved in the game desgn. He might give the direction but the main ''design'' person is unknown to us.
This is the person to blame not him.

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 19:18:47

dear unhappy friends, i advise you all to stop commenting on this site. they proved they dont give a shit about our opinions and they are taking a commercial step to copy warcraft undeads to sell more. they are dumping us dont you get it by now? seriously guys, stop giving feedback they just want to be succesfull like w3/wow. we are the old fans they dont need, and they are dumbing us for other games fans.

February 05, 2015 19:21:04

@Cleglaw: I disagree. Retreat is not an option I consider regarding HOMM.

Milets Le Gardien
February 05, 2015 20:04:09

Disagree with the part of geting rid of Asha. The problem is not the whole scenario concept, wich by the way, is rich and great, but just this part of undead necromancers obsessed with spiders..

Milets Le Gardien
February 05, 2015 20:05:17

Also, I don't know if one guy could be responsible for all the work so far, and some directions the game is taking. But up voted you because of the spider part

Milets Le Gardien
February 05, 2015 20:29:31

I like the universe of Asha, and have nothing against the idea of religious fanatic necromancers. But they should worship death, not spiders. H5 had the great goth feeling that everybody would like to see on a faction called necropolis, and associated with death, dead, undead, corpses, skeletons, bones, skulls, zombies, ghosts, wraiths, etc. You could even make an Egyptian undead faction, but it should be associated with death (i.e: tomb kings from warhammer)

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 05, 2015 20:29:39

The Spidecult needs to go away, I don't care what it takes

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 00:27:46

*Sigh* That post is just a rant. There's no practical application for the post, they don't even know if what they say is true and yet it gets upvoted to the top ranking.

February 06, 2015 01:32:35

@KhanofSlaghnaterru: An inhibited aged comprehends any explosive footnote. Should a map soap a local hatred? Every rage excites the edited convenience. A terminator gladdens the edited peer across the viewer.

SimbaelTristis Le Fou
February 09, 2015 14:00:21

I totally agree! Ashan universe with all it's flat mithology, dragons as gods(!), linear factions is the biggest flaw in Heroes franchise. Heroes universe used to be original (ancients, Kreegans, a very little bit of sf touch, interesting stories told by interesting characters). Ashan is just a cluster of borrowed ideas, stolen esthetics and factions that lack character.

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:28:26

Due i am one of te critics here is my statement:

I've been playing HoMM series since the 1st part, playing uncountable hours, loving that game, living in some way in Enroth. (I actually loved the game so much, that when the game came you, I couldn't play it for 3 weeks because we went to holidays to Spain, so I created my own Heroes-game with french card game, playing in the siesta time, to kinda survive until I get home to finally get started). So you can see I really liked the game and ofc...

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:31:37

... I bought every part of it (but HoMM6 everything after the maingame).
I believe due I've been a customer for so long I have the right to say what I like and what I don't, especially that your marketing is about transparancy and "involving the community" in the process of development. My standard of critics also raised drastically after the bugfest in HoMM6 and I believe that is justified!
So I started with big hopes for the HoMM7 and the first in-game screenshots I have seen were really...

Antarius90 Le Mystérieux
February 05, 2015 19:31:37

nice story, partly felt the same :D

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:34:32

...beautiful so that I even had more hopes to finally come along with Asha (5th part was very good but not as great as HoMM 2 or 3) and go back to my fantasy world.

Then there started the cheating during the faction vote of Sylvan vs. Fortress (I believe the result was still influenced by double votes, anyways).
The reaction from you guys was satisfying that you controlled the other votes, still at the end of the day there was a bad taste in my mouth.
Then there came the haven faction infos...

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:38:18

out. Graphically it was all right, still not perfect (I can live with that).
The Demo-vid via twitch was nice to watch but I started to be disapointed at the same time. The adventure map is rather beautiful, but still you made it easy work (e.g. dwelling all core, elite, champions to recruit). You justify with having not enough money. I am sure I will have to pay a full game price so I can't accept that argument.
Also the townscreens are extremly ugly. Some kind of fantasy mixed with Animee...

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:41:26

and Game of Thrones, Warcraft and Lord of the Rings influence because that stuff was seeling good. Well still, I had rather positive feeling about the franchise and then you came up with the annoucement of the Academy update and heavily failed. Directly HoMM6 came into my mind and that you still aren't able to provide quality without failure. You are a win oriented company so it;s just neccessary to provide a product with a certain level of quality. I am doupting that right now. Furthermore...

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:45:14

the whole Necropolis faction is a disgrace.
I donno who made the styles but it's just not acceptable, e.g. the skeleton and mostly the townscreen.
Additionally it's ok to filter 1 or 2 units (lookings) from previous games, but 4 1/2 (banshee H5, all Elite from H6, bonedragon is half shadow dragon from H6, just barely modified). There it stops for me. You can't say you don't have money to provide quality. I expect to get something for when I pay for it, but you can't provide it now. Whos fault...

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 19:47:49

... it is? It's not up to me to judge. But there is something significantly wrong in the Heroes franchise. Right now, I will spend 0 money for the game -> until I certain that there will be quality provided.

In case of any questions I am opening to answer them.

Kind Regards
A former Hero

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 20:20:09

That's it. I'm also a long time player and feel alike. But H6 I refused to pay for. I played the demo, enjoyed it for a while, then the game started to show ... well, what it really was. As I'm a loyal sort of person, I'm back in the hope that H7 won't be bad.

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 22:20:31

%99,9 same here... dear noble random fan, i upvoted you.

BeYo_OnD L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 00:12:49

I feel the same, and I identify Ashan as the root of the problem.

Milets Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 00:36:23

Feels the same, but just some corrections. The banshee was from h6, not h5. Also bone dragon is from h5, not h6. So most of units are from H6

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 02:34:26

Ferrytheslayer
February 06, 2015 13:15:21

I feel the same like shop4D26AC5FB, and she/he write from my heart ! You devs. need to back to the roots, and make another Heroes from H6.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 06, 2015 22:07:28

Agreed. Heartily!

February 06, 2015 18:55:17

Dear Shadow Council,
Listen, I know I have been a pain in the ass for many of you lately, but even if most of you don’t agree with my approach of protesting, I believe most of you are not satisfied with Necropolis right now. We have been heard, but I urge you to admit is because I went beyond reasonable. Just take a look at what happened with townscreens.

February 06, 2015 18:55:27

We have been civilized, constructive, even provided fan art from which some of us (me included) worked on for free, yet no answer at all from the Team. Look at #GURS, is only thanks to excessive spamming that we will get it in game. If we would have all stayed quiet, thanking the developers for letting us “participate” in the development, I can think of a thousand reasons they could have come up with to justify why no random skills.

February 06, 2015 18:55:36

Being civil and polite is nice, but has proven to be completely useless. I had to request for Erwan le Breton to get fired and risk my ass of getting banned so WE all can hope for a less horrible, copied/pasted Necropolis. And really, let’s be rational here, when you have +6k comments of rage against the Spider-cult, was it such a bright move from the devs to present us a townscreen full of spider-legs? I mean, really, just a symbol, maybe the grail, could have represented that.

February 06, 2015 18:55:46

The lore and philosophy can be present, but not overwhelming. I’ve noticed that even the adepts of the Spider-cult find it a bit too much. Please realize, you can’t ask people to keep calm when you are taking decisions that will clearly influence them to behave in the wrong direction. I am sorry for the nuisance I make, but please realize, if I didn’t flame like I did, there would no hope at all for a better Necropolis.

February 06, 2015 18:55:56

Please don’t amalgam and misinterpret everything, what I do, I do for a franchise I wholeheartedly love, not to be troll. I take risk to get banned, to get hated, but this is only because I care and love Heroes of Might and Magic. Please people, do not target your hate against the one who is with you. Please realize, we all want a great Heroes game, and if elements from one game should not have reused, is definitely Heroes VI.

February 06, 2015 18:56:05

Even if a few old-timers liked it, they have to admit how much that game is different from the other ones. Even Heroes IV was closer to other iterations. What I do, I do because I think is right, because I want us all to have the best HOMM experience. And the way I do it, is because obviously, is the only way I could find myself to be heard.

February 06, 2015 18:56:29

All of us flood here, there should not be any fingers pointing between us. We all want a good game, and we all want a good Necropolis, because is one of the key faction of the franchise.
I feel like Ubisoft is trying to alter it in a way which I consider to be the wrong direction, so please, if you think so too, don’t turn me into your enemy, even if you don’t agree with the way I deal with the situation. If you think someone is wrong, don’t lecture him, show him the way instead.

February 06, 2015 18:56:36

Thanks for reading.

February 06, 2015 18:59:14

Well writen Galaad

February 06, 2015 19:05:23

Sometimes I think you care a bit TOO much. After all, it is just a computer game. I too have been with it since years and years, but I try to keep a healthy distance from it. Becoming too involved in something often leads to obsession, and that in turn leads to, well, whatever we have seen happening around here.

Yes, your...loud and clear statements have helped us getting things, but that doesn't mean that being polite etc should be thrown overboard. Spamming and insulting is not the answer.

Iwanesosuro Le Fou
February 06, 2015 19:05:36

Well written and I join to the thougt that the spider legs could be used as the grail edification (which could be cause they didn´t explain as in the other two townscreens).

Chiasa Le Fou
February 06, 2015 19:05:43

Sadly, it seems that indeed only excessive spamming gets attention. Only 3 times we've got a response to our complaints and those were: GURS spam, Necro line-up hate and this one :<

darioio
February 06, 2015 19:06:34

wow I'm impresed
Most of us were aware of your intentions, so don't worry

February 06, 2015 19:07:56

Perhaps on the part of the devs there is blame for not reaching out to us as much as we 'deserved', even though they have given us updates. And yes, being quiet would not have gotten us as far as we have come now.

February 06, 2015 19:10:47

At least you admit you've been acting a bit...silly, annoyingly etc.

Making mistakes is easy. Admitting you made them takes courage.

Sempai_Mur Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 19:11:15

> risk my ass of getting banned
That's not much risk. Any time you can make a clone and go forth.
Regarding a statement, what do you want to achieve? To get ELB fired? So you will not get it. And me, as all other spider-haters don't wanna ELB to be fired. We want better game. But we are free to chose to buy it or not. We can't scream at devs and force them to do something which we'd like and you need to accept that.They paid their money to purchase a franchise and they have the right to use it.

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 19:17:54

Yeah, the thing is: we must not make things we love and judge our love superior that others', or that it is more true or stronger. You cannot measure love or loyalty.You can only earn it or give it. The prove that I like this franchise is that I'm here, in spite of how disastrous (in my taste and point of view) H6 was. I'm hopeful still. And I'm aware that I'll see many things I don't like in H7, but mostly visually speaking, which is not something that can shoo me off.

LichRotkiv Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 19:17:57

I just want to say: Thank you GalaadleHaut for everything you have done! If spamming is the only way we get answers, than do it! I know this isn't much, but there are so many people like you on this forum that write constructive criticism and must be heard, but I will thank you all when we see changes are done. Until then I will support you!

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 19:18:29

If we don't speak and point at the mistakes then there's no chance for changes. The most upvoted posts indicate a clear problem in Necropolis and denial won't fix anything.

broui L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 19:20:45

GalaadleHaut,

I've been playing different forms of Heroes games since '95 and MM games since '87. This doesn't make me a singular authority on the game but someone who loves it enough to try to influence the next iteration in whatever way I can.

H6 was a clunker because of complicated, buggy code, a mandatory drm, a poorly conceived AI, a beast of a map maker, and having left out 1/3 of the population of the world it portrayed.

None of these elements are predicted to be in H7.

February 06, 2015 19:23:52

Broui,
I know you are an old one. But don't you agree gameplay is not the only aspect that makes a great Heroes game? I believe the looks are as important. Not more, not less, but just as much.

broui L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 19:25:10

I don't doubt your intentions, in fact I suspect few here do. But, there is a line somewhere between having to repeat yourself for fear you message got lost in the din and spamming.

One can be civil and polite and still be heard. However, in those times in which we are civil, polite and not heard, getting out the pitchforks and torches is always a failed way to be heard. All people will see are the pitchforks and torches.

February 06, 2015 19:28:06

Trust me, I am not happy to use pitchforks and torches. But as I said, is thanks to these we will have random skills, is also thanks to these we might hope to get non-copied/pasted units from Heroes VI in Necropolis.

broui L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 19:28:54

You mention "+6k comments of rage" against the spider cult. I have to say that since I missed let's say 5900 of said comments due to family emergency, the crux of the argument as far as I can tell was that some folks don't like the spider cult.

In other words, the argument has gotten lost and at this point it seems to be fighting about fighting with some fights about semantics thrown in.

Peace

February 06, 2015 19:32:56

You are making a bit of a simplification here. Some folks also didn't like the Spider-cult because of the aesthetical consequences and negative impact it has on the faction.

JotunLogi
February 06, 2015 20:03:17

I generally am most of the time with You and your thoughts,

But this form of the protest has created some not needed tensions and discussons- we read your posts so there is no need to spam them that much- especially that Your charisma and style provides really strong attention (I always give attention to what You are writing). There is no need to spam- it disturbs other users and it creates a bit mess that is really hard to follow.

About spiders- can be but not overdone and over the top

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 20:23:32

Aman Galaad my brother!

Milets Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 23:55:31

It's sad, but I agree with that it seems that only by going over the line we can hope to get some changes...

February 07, 2015 14:44:38

I agree completely. The problem I see here, that in fact all factions have been altrered beyond acceptable. Ok fine They made cabir look good and lot of work was given to wolf in heaven, but thats still unreasonable change in lore. And if they wanted to make "dark heaven" they could make subfactions for each faction. They just wiped out original universe almost completely, which I will never be fan off even if changed lore is beautifull. It just does not resonate the same way. Screw the ashan ..

February 05, 2015 21:23:46

One Spider to rule them all,
One Spider to find them.
One Spider to bring them all,
and in the community bind them.

February 05, 2015 21:26:41

Jeez sad to see your hate about ranters turned you into a spider fanatic lol

darioio
February 05, 2015 21:28:37

+1 :)

February 05, 2015 21:30:20

@Galaad: You could interpret this otherwise. Like...this being the Grand Idea of Ubi and cohorts, those who are responsible for us having to deal with this spider cult? :)

This is the line they have to say every evening before they go to bed.

AuroraBorealis9
February 05, 2015 21:31:19

The One Ring ... I mean The One Spider. :)

Pux123 Le Triomphant
February 05, 2015 21:32:22

In the land of Ashan where the spiders lie.

February 05, 2015 21:32:42

I don't take issue with the Spider Cult, but it should not be...too much. H5 was good, it was quite hidden save for the occasional spider-tattoo on the foreheads of heroes.

H6 went beyond that, which was okay to a certain extend, but now H7 adds móre by spiderfying the city.There should be a line somewhere :P.

February 05, 2015 21:36:02

@Pux123:

Pux123 Le Triomphant
February 05, 2015 21:36:28

Then what will we have in H8? Spider heroes? World-spider?

February 05, 2015 21:37:02

A superhero faction with Spider-Man as its champion unit.

Marzhin93 L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 21:41:55

@Marblethrone: H7 takes place around the time when the Spider Cult was at its strongest, which explains why it's much less prominent in H6 (it was only beginning) and in H5 (after the War of the Broken Staff, the unity of the Spider Cult was broken and each Deathlord went to carve his/her own little dominion in Heresh). At least Spider haters can take comfort in the fact that after H7 we'll *probably* never see a Necropolis with such a strong spider theme ever again ;)

February 05, 2015 21:43:18

@Pux on h8 we have world that's actually on back of a giant spider, all gods are made in spiders image and we have spider people as an actual faction! Of course every faction has spider mounts, being sacred animals they are treated with utmost respect! The great satan of this world is a giant lizard that does the unthinkable; eats spider!!! Against this great evil defiler all factions will rally under the great flag of spideropolis to vanquish this horrible foe!

bjarked Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 21:44:06

That at least gives us hope for H8.
but still the town screen still needs a lot of work.

February 05, 2015 21:45:43

@Marzhin:

I quote from the timeline (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/timeline.shtml):

813 - 822 YSD.
War of the Broken Staff
The Necromancers attempt to crush the newborn Silver League but the Wizards gain the upper hand and invade Heresh. The Necromancers are utterly defeated and their kingdom shattered.

843 YSD.
4th Eclipse - Falcon’s Last Flight? Doesn't H7 take place AFTER the War of the Broken Staff?

Marzhin93 L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 21:47:16

Remember Ivan is getting told stories of the past by his advisors...

violetcoffee
February 05, 2015 21:47:25

Omg H6 was only begining O.O! and H7 is golden age of spiders! Well, guess that we are fu- (censorship)

February 05, 2015 21:49:05

So according to this timeline, H7 and H5 both take place after that war. Okay, that perfectly explains why H5 doesn't have that many Spideresque references, and H6 does. But...what about H7, then?

Lizard_Warrior
February 05, 2015 21:49:08

"Such a strong spider theme"

People didn't want a spider theme to begin with ;)

February 05, 2015 21:49:28

@Marzhin: We just calmed me down :)

February 05, 2015 21:49:35

Congrats :D

darioio
February 05, 2015 21:50:09

@Marzhin93
Don't you dare! to call me a hater!
Hate comes from nothing (or superstition), but you guys yourself made ridiculously Necro theme with spider! Enough is enough! If someone don't know the line and shows nothing but stupidity, blindness and IGNORANCE is not my fault!

February 05, 2015 21:50:10

@Lizard : +1000 as usual. ;)

Shukfir Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 21:50:38

@Marblethrone, Necropolis campaign will probably take place before 4th eclipse. All 6 faction campaigns will tell us about past events - they'll be a stories told by councillors (Anastasia in case of Necropolis).

Mirash_ge Le Dragon
February 05, 2015 21:51:49

"At least Spider haters can take comfort in the fact that after H7 we'll *probably* never see a Necropolis with such a strong spider theme ever again ;) "

February 05, 2015 21:52:17

@Marzhin, @Shukfir:

Ah, now I get it. Thanks, I should have known that, perhaps.

Niwroc L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 21:57:08

Don't you mean Sandro? Because I would be more surprised if it was Antaysa than if it was Sandro in disguise.

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 22:08:27

..like we wanted a spider theme at all...

DestinySpear
February 05, 2015 22:27:07

@Marzhin I have a question: Can`t the story be modified by you as you created the story to make something that is not such a big departure from the classic lore?

Marzhin93 L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 22:34:18

@DestinySpear: Ashan as a setting is shared by several games under the Might & Magic franchise, so it's here to stay.
What I'd like to do, if I have the time (fingers crossed!), would be to create some maps for H7, maybe even a campaign set in the Ancient Universe, a sort of spiritual successor to my old Legends of the Ancients mod for H5.
And I think after H7 we'd all like to actually move forward in time again, into the unknown future post-Dark Messiah, when anything can happen :)

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 23:18:40

@Marzhin93
im not sure if this is some sort of saying "sorry" or some kind of "wait for h8, dont leave please, h8 will be good."

most people, and personally i, asked this several times before, will ubisoft look into future of dark messiah in heroes series? why saying now? post-dark messiah is good but timing is awfully suspicious, and i currently lost my faith on ubisoft/limbic.

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 23:18:59

@Marzhin93

...same thing goes for "no more strong spider theme in future" text too. i dont get the point of this. why now and why referancing to future?

i have been waiting for a proper heroes game over 10 years and it is still about to happen in 'future'.

February 05, 2015 23:30:05

@ Marzhin93 : Heroes should never been merged with other M&M games. Only thing in common there is the "might and magic" in its name. Why there have to be only one fantasy universe? Why is it so important to keep this ashan concept? Are you aware of the fact that most of older fans dislike it? Does someone at ubisoft of limbic at least feel that going ashan way might have been mistake? And after H6 fiasco .. why puting H7 on timeline right next to it? It just does not give much sense to me.

CarnelianUK Le Magnifique
February 06, 2015 02:09:01

Marzhin's explanation is almost exactly how I'd figured it out myself, with Anastasya being the teacher's pet of the Mother namtaru it made sense that her brand of necromancy would be much bigger on the spider theme than, say, Markal who was a student of Sandro and only really pays lip service to Asha

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 02:19:25

Thanks @Marzhin93 you gave me a little bit of hope

thGryphn
February 08, 2015 20:08:37

@Marzhin, Ubi-nox and Ubi overall

This overwhelming fan reaction towards Necro is nothing but a marketing failure.

You announced and showed something that fans don't like before justifying the decision, for which there is a perfect explanation according to Ashan lore and timeline, and the story of H7.

All the things you said here, Marzhin, should have been the very first thing to be said, in ALL CAPS, at the time of Necropolis announcement and showing of graphics.

You messed it up really...

thGryphn
February 08, 2015 20:15:54

...while it was just so easy.

This all shows that you, Ubi, failed to tell the story of H7 and what's happening in it, in a clear way that the fans can understand. For you guys, in your minds, it's loud and clear, but it's your duty to bring us up to speed in terms of what you're planning to deliver and why it actually makes sense. That is, if you care about the fan's reactions...

Hence, this is a huge pile of mess that could be easily avoided.

thGryphn
February 08, 2015 20:18:33

Some fans would still not like the Spider influence, but at least they would see the big picture that you're trying to paint, and it would at least make sense. Now, they're getting this Spider-cult Necropolis, and for 90% of the fans, they don't even know why. They don't even know what H7 will be about.

Admit it, devs, the story is not that straightforward, and it deserves some more thorough introduction...

GlaciusVanThom Le Mystérieux
February 05, 2015 18:53:21

Thanks for the work you do!
Way to go! Unfortunately, people like to complain. D
I am with you! I like what you're doing!
I apologize for the hooligans: D

denisa016 Le Fou
February 05, 2015 18:57:30

We dont like to complain, we simply have standards!

Aarkill Le Fou
February 05, 2015 18:58:34

Hooligans?

My dear, there are no hooligans or rascals here, only folk with, ehm... a gift for the verbose.
They also happen to spam and yell, but, bear with them.

Besides, its not your business to apologise for others.

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 19:00:47

How else can one balance anything if there's not a negative side? Complaints are important - what can be a bother is the lack of politeness, which another matter, and they seem to know the difference, as they said about scolding them.

GlaciusVanThom Le Mystérieux
February 05, 2015 19:02:25

Some people will never apologize for it.
But all this talk about a surplus. Who this. Who is. Sorry I dont speak Angol. Angol My knowledge is very small.

February 05, 2015 19:09:50

Lol what a boot-licking post. After that they will sure release a crappy product.

Black_Weaver Le Boucher
February 05, 2015 19:10:07

I'm ashamed of some Councillors too...

Marzhin93 L'Ancien
February 05, 2015 19:15:05

I think it was clear from Ubi-Nox's post, but just in case: we have no problem with complaints and criticism. We cannot take into account everything, as there are as many opinions out there as there are fans; but we always discuss it and see if solutions are possible.
However, having negative feedback is one thing, but insulting, harassing, and threatening people is a whole other thing which we won't accept.

February 06, 2015 02:55:15

The violence objects after the limb! The peaceful hindsight promotes the rail.

Antalyan L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 15:38:17

I think that some fans only NEED A REASON. For example, I did not like the idea of spider necropolis, but now I understand thanks to your message about the timeline.

Antalyan L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 15:38:40

Sorry, I meant NEED TO KNOW A REASON.

krayz1e2010 Le Ténébreux
February 05, 2015 18:57:28

Why developers read our coments when they dont care what are we saying?

denisa016 Le Fou
February 05, 2015 18:59:03

They dont want to realize how unprofessional some of the designs are!

Shukfir Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 18:59:16

They care, but it's imposiible to do everything, that fans want.

MumuWarrior12 Le Voyageur
February 05, 2015 19:03:41

You would understand if you will try to create some new game, and your fans would say what you should do, and then your game won't be creative anymore, but a copy of some other game.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 05, 2015 19:05:27

False.

We haven't said a word and they copied H6's Necro Elite units.

ChrupekPL L'Aventurier
February 05, 2015 19:05:50

There's a difference between listening to the fandom and doing what fandom wants.

It's not possible to do everything like Shukfir said. And you're not helping them by spamming or hating since you're adding fuel to an already huge fire.

Take a seat, if you see something you don't like, calmly say that in the comment, without things like ''OMG THIS IS SHIT UBISOFT SUX DIX'', say what's the problem, there is a chance it can be fixed if the majority thinks it's bad.

jshalky Le Puissant
February 05, 2015 19:08:19

@Shukfir: While I agree that it is not possible to satisfy all the fans I find the Necropolis townscreen very stupid move after the shitstorm the necro units and even the inclusion of the spiders in the necropolis caused.
I am not suprised some people are pissed about that and are overreacting

ogrezys Le Fou
February 05, 2015 19:15:38

@jshalky: I really wanted 3D towns to comeback in H7. For me, all 3 town-screens shared up to now are looking like a low quality cartoon, but if devs decided like this, that's it, as I think the decision is made and they will not come back.

Neidhaart Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 19:19:13

Didnt you know that the hatin' UBI is the word?

jshalky Le Puissant
February 05, 2015 19:47:12

@ogrezys: I also wanted the 3D screens. I accepted that there will be no 3D.
But on the other hand this is only 2D immage. It is much easier to change and much cheaper to fix. So there should be no problem for them to change the screens. Because now they all have same basic design and reuse lot of assets

chester_a_r
February 06, 2015 22:01:45

A really cool element from Heroes 4 which I would love to see in future games is the Advanced Class systems for the Heroes. Depending on your first two major skills, you are designated an Advanced Class with a special ability or attributes. And have combinations for all major skills. For instance, I remember in H4 if you were a Necromancer and started with Death Magic and then also went for Nature Magic, you would become a Demonologist and would gain different demon summoning spells.

chester_a_r
February 06, 2015 22:02:06

That adds a new dimension to Hero leveling and makes every Hero unique.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 06, 2015 22:02:46

Ah, that is a good one. As well as combining spells, although that would be a bit more difficult to make.

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 22:04:56

Indeed, however that should be make a bit more well structured. It was rather common you changing to and fro your advanced classes because of a single variable. Sometimes, it was just the time, right?

@EnergyW
But combining spells would require more than 1 spellcaster. Unless you mean that a hero could influence troop spellcasting?

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 06, 2015 22:12:31

No, was thinking of combining certain spells.

Let's say you can cast fire bolt and ice bolt. With some restrictions, you can cast a spell that launches both of them.

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 22:17:40

Well, there can be understood as 'double cast' or you intend to create a third unique spell with mixed effects. I like this idea, of course, from other games when they occur. I do prefer having more mechanics and micromanagement in the game rather than having fancy graphics. But not overdone as to slow down too much.

HeroicFigure1
February 06, 2015 22:31:00

This post is pure win!

sz_roland Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 22:31:22

I cannot be more agree but the Classes won't change :-(

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 22:36:56

No, it won't. =(

Alas! We can hope!

But if they did this Advanced Class System, advanced classes should be relevant. Do you remember that there were some advanced classes that truly sucked? There was one that would give you 20% when summoning wolves... oh ... my ... dear ...

February 06, 2015 22:59:52

I think the idea of the classes being determined by by skills was great in h4. It was the implementation that had problems as great deal of classes were useless. With good balancing that would be awesome idea rather than using pre-set classes/hero-types.

Also the combining of magic schools was awesome idea in h4, but in h7 the amount of magic schools might be problematic. Will be interesting to see how academys racial works here.

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 06, 2015 23:03:40

@ramborusina
The combination of magic could relate 2 of the most close schools, if anything like that was defined, or be favorable towards uniqueness of certain heroes or classes. For example: Life magic has affinity with Light Magic, thus they could be combined. Or a certain hero has the specialty of combining Prime and Life etc.

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 06, 2015 23:04:52

You sound as if you'd insert more spell schools. Seven is far more enough than anyone anticipates.

Tn92Christian Le Gardien
February 05, 2015 21:25:41

Sad that honest opinions and thoughts of fans are drowned by the rude and vicious comments. An ignore and ban sistem would be welcome.

darioio
February 05, 2015 21:28:02

Exactly

February 05, 2015 21:28:30

Yes I could ban all Ashan followers :P :D

Shukfir Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 21:30:45

And I could ban all Ashan haters :D

Sussugamon Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 21:33:31

And banning each other at the same time creates the limbo, that engulfs us all.

Fin.

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 21:43:41

@Galaadle and Shukfir:

"The antifacists of today are the facists of tomorrow"
Winston Churchill

It's a thing what is more and more forgotten in our world -> tolerance.

Even the top liked comments are insulting one or others.

I think here you can see how Europes society (or parts of it) is. Well that's actually a real disgrace.

Shukfir Le Magnifique
February 05, 2015 21:53:23

@shop4D26AC5FB That was just a joke. I draw a smile. :)

February 05, 2015 21:55:36

Wise words shop, but still, would you tolerate fascism? :P

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 21:56:00

and I forgot the smilie behind "Winston Churchill", sorry :)

shop4D26AC5FB
February 05, 2015 21:59:52

@Galaadle:

That's an interesting question and a topic which this system of writting (500 signs) is not applicable.

Let me say it shorty: Everybody has the right to have an opinion, if your suppress 1 unliked to started to suppress them all. So yes!

Artifix_Prime
February 05, 2015 22:48:09

Not ban as simply ban. Maybe report system would be much more suited, as you could report that someone is being offensive (by e.g. spamming, harrasment etc.) and specify why.

tiim2011 Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 17:49:01

THIS IS NOT ASHAN VS OTHER WOLRDS ! THIS IS STUPIDITY VS LOGIC AND SKILLS !

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 19:18:34

EnergyW Le Pirate
February 05, 2015 19:19:50

Hence the idea they are making this game for new fans and those that want to be, not old ones. A shame, really.

February 05, 2015 19:20:20

I advice to continue the flaming. Retreat has never been an option to me in HOMM.

February 05, 2015 19:21:52

THEY ARE KILLING THIS GAME.

Cleglaw Le Conseiller
February 05, 2015 19:21:54

@Galaad

...but battle is allready lost.

February 05, 2015 19:25:29

If you think like this, it surely is Cleg.

feidrota85 Le Voyageur
February 05, 2015 19:28:22

i'll keep an eye in the site (hope dies last),but i will certainly refrain myself from getting into long conversations.And i agree on constructive criticism it is nessesary for going forward.The gameplay of the game should be properly made, but the same goes to the looks of the game.There are some boundaries that shouldn't be crossed,my thoughts on this is they crossed them with overexessive usage of ornaments with no function.Overdosing does not make a masterpiece - it creates garbage.

feidrota85 Le Voyageur
February 05, 2015 19:29:23

I feel sorry for Paul and Rob though they make realy beautiful music, and the haven faction and academy are decent on the looks.

February 05, 2015 19:47:14

@ GalaadleHaut : I think Cleg is right. Not much point spending more time here. They are not interested in critic opinion. They could minuswell do it completely their way in ashan glory completely with H6 skilwheel. Perhaps when they will fail several times they will loose interest and sell the heroes part of franchise as it wont make any money to them. By giving them advices we just prolong the suffering.

rodaff Le Ténébreux
February 05, 2015 20:31:44

Apparently old fans are not welcome here and our voices are simply being ignored

tiim2011 Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 17:45:55

@Cleglaw
Disagree. Warcraft undead is very bad, but far better than this.

February 06, 2015 18:15:41

Poem: The Shadow Council.

There once was a Council, that gathered each day
to talk about a game they all wanted to play.
Months went by and more news came along,
but few could imagine that things would go wrong.

As updates came, about cities and creatures,
many became displeased with all kinds of features.
They went on a rampage, blinded by hate
and scolded all those who had accepted this fate.

Spamming they went, insulting in their wake,
for they knew quite well that a game was at stake.

February 06, 2015 18:15:46

Crossing lines they did, asking people to get fired
For days they revolted, without getting tired.

But then out of nowhere, the gods intervened
and all were told their actions had been screened.
The gods were unhappy about what had been done,
and the forces of evil could do nothing but run.

And so they restored peace, in everyone’s heart
and prevented the Council from being taken apart.
Now we continue, into a future unknown
and eagerly await that which is still to be shown.

February 06, 2015 18:21:50

Now you lecture people by writing poems. When will you speak about the game?

February 06, 2015 18:23:22

Well, this article is about the things that have happened within the Council, people being angry etc, so my poem is beautifully ontopic and a response to what is written above.

But if you wish, I can write a poem about the game.

February 06, 2015 18:26:06

You need to be a bit more objective. :P

PannadPany
February 06, 2015 18:26:10

Devs as gods? I agree with keeping thing civil, but isn't it a bit of an over statement? ;) After all, the Council is to advise and with so meny voices it's sure there will be some unhappiness. It would be pointless if every one agreed with all they post. I mean, it wouldn't be much of a council anymore.

February 06, 2015 18:27:37

I believe he said "gods" because they are the ones creating the game, but still, if after Heroes VI one decides to claim some hymns about people repeating the same design mistakes, you are burying all possible constructive approach here. Nicely written, but poor poor form dude.

MumuWarrior12 Le Voyageur
February 06, 2015 18:34:42

Sorry, Galaadle, but you yourself aren't objective at all. And it is not funny to read your posts anymore. Don't you have other things to do outside spamming?

violetcoffee
February 06, 2015 18:34:45

Forces of evil are still here. :))

February 06, 2015 18:38:05

@MumuWarrior: No one forces you to read my posting. What I am basically saying is, don't praise what has been criticized lol

violetcoffee
February 06, 2015 18:41:20

We have right to express our opinion, you know?. Write poems if you want, about our demonic behavior. If it satisfy your pure sense for morale. :)

February 06, 2015 18:42:44

In ancient tales, songs and poetry, gods often feature prominently, and 'devs' may not sound catchy in a poetic structure.

I know the forces of evil still linger in the shadows. They ran, but I didn't say where they went :).

For once, Galaad, I am not trying to be constructive. Consider this poem a personal statement on things, a humorous touch to the events of days past.

MumuWarrior12 Le Voyageur
February 06, 2015 18:43:55

Galaadle, and why people should praise what you will praise? Are they goats? Can't they decide on themselves what they like and what they want to praise?

LightAvatarX L'Incorruptible
February 06, 2015 18:51:06

Very good poem but the next time try to write more positive :)

February 06, 2015 18:51:23

I should turn my entire biography into a poem!

February 06, 2015 18:52:33

@LightAvatarX:

Thanks :D, and I'll do that!

Chiasa Le Fou
February 06, 2015 18:54:54

C'mon, @Marblethrone has as much right to criticise hate on Spiderpolis, as we do to hate on it. And it's not like he was insulting anyone, I for one find his poem quite amusing. :)
Thought I disagree with the message :p

Andre-Nikon
February 06, 2015 20:06:23

Brilliant poem! :)))

ChrupekPL L'Aventurier
February 06, 2015 20:07:10

Lol I love it, Marblethrone :D

samuel142
February 06, 2015 10:05:11

this post is a joke...
people talk about bad art design and ridiculously atrocious townscreens for WEEKS and we didn't get the single reaction from the devs about those concerning facts.
Q&A are focusing on questions and topics that none care about, but topics with 5k reactions stay without statements...so yes some devs are getting insulted here and there but your lack of communication is also insulting members of the community.

kloklodyta1992 Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 10:10:09

And what they had to write to you, that they cant to please everyone? 50% like designs 50% dont like. Toss-up and these designs stay or not.

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 10:20:30

"people talk about bad art design and ridiculously atrocious townscreens for WEEKS and we didn't get the single reaction from the devs about those concerning facts"

Bullshit! Open your eyes, there was plenty of reactions from devs.

kloklodyta1992 Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 10:22:31

Plenty evasive answers i would like to add.

tiim2011 Le Gardien
February 06, 2015 10:44:19

Their policy is: you have the right to kindly share your opinion. But just for you to kown, nobody at Ubi will give a shit...

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 10:57:51

Which is why we never got random skills is it? Bunch of babies on this site.

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 11:01:31

@Khan so where is that reaction? So far i only saw a little reaction wich actually did nothing to calm us down. It only made us wait. Maybe they should have finish this site first. Cause i always found it unproffesional and that it could reflect on how they approach the game, and it seems i was true. This was also one of my first posts when i said this.

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 11:09:54

"so where is that reaction?"

People's concerns have been acknowledged within previous posts as well as comments from Ubi-Nox and Marzhin posted on the forums in reply to users' questions. Did all questions and concerns get answered? Of course not since that's practically impossible. But they weren't absolutely silent like samuel thinks. It's not Ubisoft's fault that some douchebags don't bother reading.

February 06, 2015 11:17:01

The irony is that the only times we have gotten anything was when we spammed or raged about things. GURS got spammed a lot back then. Here with necro it was total rage + spamming and we got a "maybe" so we saw that we were heard. All the constructive criticism and suggestions regardless of topic has remained very much unheard which is the problem(actions or lack of them speak for themselves). They show with this that you can't reason, you have to force their hand to get anything(sadly).

KhanOfSlaughter Le Conquérant
February 06, 2015 11:25:41

@ ramborusina: I disagree somewhat with what you said. On the one hand, it was spammed very much so. On the other hand, I felt that it was mostly a positive campaign for random skills. Sure there were a few negative rants, but the comments putting forth reasons behind implementing Random skills largely outweighed those. What's happened lately is completely different. The few constructive criticisms/feedback gets buried by a large majority of ignorant and angry rants.

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 11:43:57

@Khan you really believe everything they say? And also those few times that Ubi-nox and Marzhin said something did not really help at all. They had plenty of time to have a proper conversation with us. Also i think that if this site was finished (maybe with a forum and even a chat) things would have gone very different.
I think everything that happened up till now is Ubi's fault to begin with by creating this whole environment.

RobvD84 Le Fou
February 06, 2015 11:44:48

Also i am not going to bother with hours of scrolling down just to read what someone might have said. And that is the biggest flaw of this whole website.

tikreet
February 06, 2015 12:41:56

@kloklodyta1992
if 50% like the townscreens i'll really be surprised , i think the best thing to do is do a vote about the townscreens because im pretty sure 80% think it looks terrible

kloklodyta1992 Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 12:46:22

But there will be no vote cause even if 100% will chose 3D, they havent got still money to do that.

kloklodyta1992 Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 12:48:05

And voting against 2 - 2D models has no sense, why? they will fu ck up both :D

sttanma Le Ténébreux
February 05, 2015 23:33:32

Can anyone from the devs explain me one very simple thing? WHY DID YOU BRING BACK THE SPIDER CULT??? IT IS HATED, THE WHOLE SPIDERPOLIS IS HATED. Why have you inspired by one of the most failed HEROES of all the time? H5 Necro was 1000000 times better than.....H6 necro and.......this.

darioio
February 05, 2015 23:51:22

This is something my friend I don't understand either!
They changed units appearance in Academy and Haven and they left the most hated units from Necropolis, or better now Spiderpolis

sttanma Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 00:02:16

Hm it seems I will have to spam this every day until I get the answer becouse the question Why the hell they brought back the cult is too much even for Einstein.

darioio
February 06, 2015 00:04:54

It has been asked many times, by me too, never received any answer.
I think they (guys who write in here) don't really know how to answer....

sttanma Le Ténébreux
February 06, 2015 00:12:04

I sense that Erwan(or what is that name, I mean that guy hated by Galadlee) may be behind this. I don't want to blame him with out proof but if the spider cult in H7 is his idea then he should be punished if he is innocent in this then I'm sorry.

darioio
February 06, 2015 00:26:30

I think Ubi-Nox wrote that he has got nothing to do with Necro line-up, and units design.
But any way, maybe keep posting it, and every time I see it I'll up-vote it :)

CarnelianUK Le Magnifique
February 06, 2015 01:45:35

I'm pretty sure the Necro banner in H5 still bore the spider sigil. The spider connection just wasn't as overt, lore-wise because Markal had yet to drink Namtaru venom and become a lich, and also he's one of Sandro's students, so is less devoted to the cult. Heroes 7 features Anastasya who's the head of the Spider-cult, so it makes sense that necro would still have a strong spider theme. It'd be nice if we see how the spider cultists become less prominent in Heresh over the course of this game..

Antalyan L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 15:39:07

Antalyan L'Ancien
February 06, 2015 15:39:23

Official reason.

adambjpoole
February 05, 2015 19:16:24

I'm very glad to see that we can still call for FIRING THE TOWNSCREEN DEVELOPMENT TEAM

So everybody is looking at these posts beside you Ubi-Nox? How come, in the last 2 months, there hasn't been a SINGLE mention of all the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM that some of us have been offering toward these lazy, illogical, uninspired towns? I'm not being sentimental here; I don't need them to look like H3, or H5. They just need honest effort and planning, and conformity with adventure map textures. DO IT

Lizard_Warrior
February 05, 2015 19:17:50

Fire 'em with fire!

JotunLogi
February 05, 2015 19:42:39

Main things to change:

- add moderator, bans, limits, listen to us

- add new achievements and fun stuff

- more administrators (now only I see Ubi- Nox)

- refresh M&M sites, unite them, give here forum

- expand number of letters

- communicate us more as You have done in the past (november- December)