Detrimus
July 10, 2015 21:14:19

I really hate the moon doe. That is a really lame creature. I mean, what does it possibly do to attack anything? Please give us a different creature.

Also, and this is applicable to all the factions: Please give us better town screens. The art style is really unfitting and the designs are just awful. No offense to the artist, but they look terrible.

I'm not opposed to 2D town screens, but it's pretty bad when the ones from Heroes 3 (16 years old) are better. This is true of the music, too.

Sylv4n2005 The Destroyer
July 10, 2015 22:17:42

Good catch, probably the worst Sylvan unit.

bitmaid The Magical
July 10, 2015 23:18:28

I imagine they hired some artists who are unfamiliar with and have little interest in the franchise. The artist(s) who did the portraits of the heroes did a great job, but whoever drew the townscreens, well...
The townscreen can be improved by adjusting the color scheme add more details (to the trees etc.). If they know the franchise they should be able to grasp the feel nicely. Current version looks like a background for some mobile app game like farmland or what they're called...

Blake00
July 11, 2015 05:52:23

Exactly! The fans can accept them not going in 3D to save money.. but to do 2D so badly is just a big 'stuff you' to all Heroes fans.. its like Limbic don't even give a damn about a critical part of Heroes games?? We've been telling them that the fake painting art style was bad from the beginning (in the H6 patch even) but they just ignored us.

Not just H3, but H1&2's towns are better and more lifelike than this.. its just a joke.. and its not funny at all. WAKE UP LIMBIC!!!! #GUBTS

Phoenix222011
July 10, 2015 21:23:13

I forgot about something: change all townscreen because they look too childish, poorly and lifeless!!!
Ok 3D townscreens are too expensive but you should do great 2D townscreen(not for little girl but heroes's fans).

Tito_Reni The Mad
July 10, 2015 21:29:11

Well, Ubisoft doesn't care about old fans anymore, they only care about those who liked Heroes 6.

Sylv4n2005 The Destroyer
July 10, 2015 22:17:21

No, I think they do care a lot about H3 and H5 fans, but can't put in the effort required to bring the game up to that level of quality, so they're left throwing in a disassembled mix of token gestures from these 2 to try and placate both fanbases (which overlap in my case), as well as mostly using these to essentially just revamp VI. There is little artistic direction.

GMnemonic
July 10, 2015 22:18:01

3d townscreen is too expensive is a lie by ubisoft, they cost a bit but they don't cost like half of a development budget to develop.

bitmaid The Magical
July 10, 2015 22:59:11

I'm still butthurt because we lost Inferno in this installment, but heck they don't have to make Sylvan so childish!

sttanma The Dark
July 10, 2015 23:10:24

bitmaid: well Inferno may come back in expansion but since Necropolis was turned into Spiderpolis, Sylvan into childish Disney faction and skills are boring becouse you can't really choose what you want like in H5 and I fear that dungeon will not be a great success (but I still hope they will do their best for Dung), so...it sems that any hope for expansion dies with each new information.

tasomaster123 The Mysterious
July 10, 2015 23:40:53

sttanma The Dark
July 11, 2015 00:07:36

I always tried a lot of combinations with skills in H5 and thanks to this and the awesome story, units and cities I spent very long time playing it and I still do for example during holidays I already began playing the whole campaing in H5 from the beginning. It never gets boring even though I know the story already. H6 and I fear that H7 don't offer so many opportunities and it gets to be boring very fast.

Sylv4n2005 The Destroyer
July 11, 2015 00:37:59

" so, in H5 you really could choose EVERY skill ... but did you really?! or you went for the ultimate ability?! H5 is the best of heroes, but i disagree that the skills are boring, and that our choice are limited , you just have different tactic with a different hero, which can be interesting ... "

The difference is it rewarded intelligent trait selection and the racials were a lot more impactful, serving to differentiate the heroes a lot. 7's are just cookie cutter templates.

Blake00
July 11, 2015 05:59:09

Safe to say H7 will have the worst townscreens of all Heroes games. Just so depressing that they've stuffed this up so bad & ignored all us fans from the beginning. It's insulting!

I don't blame ubi, I blame Limbic! They brought the ugly lifeless painting towns in the H6 patch, now they're doing it to H7. Ubi may have refused a big town budget but limic could still have done a far better job at a 2D town screen. H1-3, all 90s games did it using less pixels & $ so limbic have no excuse!

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 11, 2015 16:51:43

My biggest accusation is that townscreens were not thought through. Previous games had much better townscreens, that's true.

July 12, 2015 01:35:43

@Blake

Actually a good part of the TS are outsourced, so don't be afraid to blame Ubi lol

Raspberryswirl The Faithful
July 10, 2015 20:05:01

I hope this is not the final cut for the graphics, because they are very disappointing compared to Heroes VI. And so much is copied directly from the last game ! Lack of imagination or laziness ? And these town screens are so ugly ! So cartoonish.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 10, 2015 20:09:22

Yeah, the graphics should be a lot better for 2015, ech. Just as the gameplay, the AI, and everything else. So much lost potential, OMG.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 10, 2015 20:10:35

I hoped it's just a streaming issue, but the graphics during the beta didn't impress so much, either.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 10, 2015 20:11:44

And the cartoonish style may attract some children, but can put off many old fans at the same time.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 10, 2015 20:13:26

Unfortunately, the beta gameplay was much worse than the graphics :(

Elisabeth.... The Faithful
July 10, 2015 20:14:09

Hm..Personally I think the graphics of the entire map is acceptable just the town screen, recruiting page and the constructing page are extremely bad. They didn't show any concern or whatsoever on that so I won't expect any changes in the final game.. Just disappointed in them...

Elisabeth.... The Faithful
July 10, 2015 20:16:39

I mean, their skills may be the main reason for why they kept disappointing us..I'd say probably Ubisoft needs another team for the development of their games..

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 10, 2015 20:19:36

the convenience of controlling the camera and the interface is more important than graphics
\in heroes 5 graphics were better , but the comfort is better in heroes 5 I think , my personal opinion \

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 10, 2015 20:23:13

in heroes 6 graphics were better , THE EDIT WILL BE ON THE WEBSITE , DAMN

Sylv4n2005 The Destroyer
July 10, 2015 20:49:12

Agreed, doesn't look much better than V at this point... which is what, 9 years old?

Gods_impact
July 10, 2015 20:57:48

Ye right. The thing is, that most of the objectives don´t rly fit in this world. It looks like a visual melting pot with no real style direction. In my opinion (i never played the game so fare) there is no atmosphere in it.

Antalyan The Ancient
July 11, 2015 12:41:03

When I saw this game's screenshots for the first time, I told to myself, it will have a great graphics. And than came beta. The biggest diappointment at all. The graphics did not overcome or at least equal to H6! Fix the graphics!

shop4D26AC5FB
July 11, 2015 20:56:32

What you mentioned is exactly the reason why I won't buy the game (so far).

Antalyan The Ancient
July 11, 2015 12:51:22

LIMBIC! FIX THE GRAPHICS!
It is 2015, not 2005 year.

JedynyHex The Mighty
July 11, 2015 19:37:24

Yeah, Heroes V had better graphics. xD

July 12, 2015 01:14:15

Fix the gameplay too, seriously guys wtf.

ERENDER
July 10, 2015 20:48:34

Grafics, especially town screen and TREES on map are extremely bad. TOO CARTOONISH!!!

JedynyHex The Mighty
July 10, 2015 18:02:33

When he said: "We will skip this fight" I shouted: "Screw you". :P
We saw almoust nothing there exept wandering on the map. Eh... . :/

July 10, 2015 19:24:31

Or the fight was such an embarrassment was safer not to show it lol

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
July 10, 2015 19:28:12

@Galaad: Only for a split second you can see the combat outcome, and there are some losses on the player's team there :P. Something is broken, though. Pause at 5:05, you see the hero's army: no Hunters, No Sea Elf Pirates. But then, at 5:09 you see the losses, and suddenly there are more creatures in the hero's army?

July 10, 2015 19:30:17

maybe cheats lol

bitmaid The Magical
July 10, 2015 22:56:57

Woah the 3D environment looks really shitty. Sho shitty it's unfathomable. And the garish color scheme, the over-saturation... Why? It looks like as if someone has given up on themselves. I know some people had voiced the scale issue and it's really showing now. The hero looks so small it's uncomfortable. Don't wait till the problems are acknowledged by mass consumers to fix it, it'd be too late. Just trying to point out the obvious here.

Hecci666
July 10, 2015 23:03:57

The town also looks really 2D.

HanzanPK
July 10, 2015 23:34:27

While I agree to some point that it seems alittle.... weird. You must understand that this is late alpha/early beta footage you are looking at.
Please dont judge and frown upon it before at least 2 weeks before release. There is alot of work to be done, and im sure this is not the final touch.

HanzanPK
July 10, 2015 23:35:35

@ Hecci666 that would be becouse it is 2D....... All town screens are 2D when the game releases.

Maybe 3D will come. But it took MM6 about 3-5 months to get there.

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 11, 2015 10:11:34

Well, townscreens look shitty in 2D even.
We know, that game developlment is in early stage, but we try to point out every flaw as fast as we can, so it won't become part of the final game.

July 12, 2015 01:46:19

huh, game development is not really in early stage anymore lol, we have beta 2 (lol) coming up and schedule is release in september which is in less than 3 months lol

mater0123
July 12, 2015 02:30:11

#Hecci666: Who gives a fuck that they look 2D, 3D, 69D, they're still ok. Heroes of might and magic has NEVER been a comple game like Civ 5 or Endless legends, so I don't see why people are complaining about how things don't look that shiny.

Hecci666
July 10, 2015 22:45:22

Bring unicorns back. -___-

Minastir The Guardian
July 11, 2015 00:32:30

I can't decide, the quality of the video is that bad or the game graphics are that bad ? o_O

GMnemonic
July 11, 2015 03:35:01

graphics are bad still, I hope ubisoft knows this and that the game needs more polish and assets on the adventure map trees and textures, now it looks like a football field of sorts

LordFoxton The Councilor
July 11, 2015 06:29:18

Is it me or were the terrain and map graphics better in H6? :O

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 11, 2015 08:44:33

Hehe... I can't decide. What is worse? The gameplay or the graphics XD

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 11, 2015 08:47:19

This video is good maybe for little kids. Seems so artificial. And they showed us almost nothing new.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
July 11, 2015 08:49:21

Is this video about Sylvan at all? I cannot see Sylvan at all, except for some druid.

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 11, 2015 10:00:10

For me graphics looks similar to H5. I'm afraid it doesn't need polish but starting from scratch.

GMnemonic
July 11, 2015 14:24:57

Town screens need tobe redesigned in 3d from scratch

Tito_Reni The Mad
July 10, 2015 21:21:19

I am really upset, not because of mechanics or graphics, forget about that, it can't be fixed, I am upset because of this: if the campaign is about the Sea Elves... WHY THEY DIDN'T MAKE A SEA ELF FACTION? Seriously, why they have to repeat over and over the same Factions until we hate them?

I hope everyone is with me in this, I am very tired of seeing the same Factions in every game without any big variations. Sea Elf Faction could have been amazing, and it could have nagas too.

Tito_Reni The Mad
July 10, 2015 21:24:56

At least the story of the campaign is something more original than the bullshit from Heroes 6.

Sylv4n2005 The Destroyer
July 10, 2015 22:15:58

Even with alt upgrades it could have been awesome. They're very, very lacking in ambition and haven't really put together a game that'll surpass any of the classics. It's just a bit better than VI.

sttanma The Dark
July 10, 2015 22:58:28

So they actually lack ambition, resources and ideas and still they decided do create a new Heroes game... well at least they don't lack courage it seems.

Tito_Reni The Mad
July 10, 2015 23:55:00

@sttanma - More like shameless, I would say.

July 11, 2015 01:46:56

@ sttanma : there is very thin line between courage and stupidity

sttanma The Dark
July 11, 2015 02:06:46

I may started with courage but as we can see by the results like Spiderpolis, it ended like a stupidity and arrogance because they are unable to even accept their mistakes and fix them, which is sad.

sttanma The Dark
July 11, 2015 02:08:41

*It may started....

Antalyan The Ancient
July 11, 2015 12:43:34

I like h6 story but it makes no sense in some points.
For example, why did Raelag refuse to join demons and fought against them, when he does it in the future?!

AshansBest The Guardian
July 11, 2015 12:50:49

Seriously Ubi this was a chance to make a new faction that would both fit the lore and be good.
Last time you guys made a new faction it was Sanctuary and they are AMAZING.
Soo have a bit more faith in yourself and don't make us play sea elves with land elves units damit.

July 12, 2015 01:12:50

@Tito_Reni

lmfao

well sorry man, but what the hell is this post lol, ofc, let's just forget about playability and immersion and focus on moar elves haha wut lol

Tito_Reni The Mad
July 12, 2015 17:23:09

@GalaadleHaut - Why do you want to focus on mechanics and playability? There is no way to fix that, it's so obvious.

Elle-One The Magical
July 12, 2015 17:38:26

I'd rather play a Heroes game with good mechanics and a crappy story. So, Heroes V, where the plot was only matched by the voice acting.

That said, sea elf hero and wood elf units is a stupid idea. Even if it means less OH THE HARMONY.

Antalyan The Ancient
July 12, 2015 18:59:46

@ Elle-One
I would say that Heroes V story would be enough for two fantasy films ...
(H5 - the first, and its datadiscs - sequel)

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 12, 2015 19:25:20

@ Tito_Reni
You know what i get from the video they ''present Sylvan''? A story of some1.. and the elves where there as well.
''Until the Wars of Fire, little were known of the elves. It was they, however, who first summoned forth the other races to do battle against the demon armies; many of the great generals of that war were elves. It was the elves who held the line against the last demon assault as the Seventh Dragon prepared his final spell, not that men remember this now. ''
Ubi forgot!!

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 12, 2015 19:26:58

And they are presented to us as mercenaries/pawns in a guy's adventure to get a treasure chest? Mockery at the highest level towards one faction.

Silvans07 The Magical
July 11, 2015 12:30:34

Уважаемые разработчики, мне кажется при строительстве нового здания в городе, оно должно кратковременно подсвечиваться (выделяться), что бы игрок мог понять где именно появилось это здание в городе иили же как оно изменилось после улучшения. Как это было, к примеру, в Героях 3. В бетта версии Героев 7 это реализованно небыло, что вызывало определенные неудобства в определении (как минимум) местоположения здания.

DmitriyNetsevW The Faithful
July 11, 2015 12:35:06

Или появляться, через секунду после выхода из экрана строительства, а не сразу.

matrix123mko The Councilor
July 13, 2015 12:05:25

Is H6 better than H7?
Why?
- better graphic
- better sound quality
-more unit abillities
-special models for many heroes and dialogue characters
-bosses and special battle objectives
-many adventure map decorations
-more hero specialization

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 13, 2015 12:13:24

- difficult conditions for obtaining achievements - I liked it. \ 6\

GMnemonic
July 13, 2015 23:53:56

Just yes,

Better scale,
HOMM 6 trees,
Better color,
Better animation,
Better Necropolis...
Better townscreen.

Along with what u just said, bring this telegramm to Ubisoft, UNIT ABBILITIES is top priorite

ChrisD.1 The Mad
July 11, 2015 16:07:29

as antalyan said
LIMBIC! FIX THE GRAPHICS!
It is 2015, not 2005 year.
#FIX GRAPHICS!

July 12, 2015 01:15:32

lol wut? aren't you the dude complaining about people complaining about graphics and you think they shoujld complain about gameplay instead or something? lol

Antalyan The Ancient
July 11, 2015 12:50:38

Although this gameplay is a lot far from "perfect", I will accept it (if you do at least some small changes like heroes SPECIALIZATIONS increased by level or add some cool abilities to necropolis units.

However, I strongly dislike the graphics. The game of 2015 deserves much better one!

Rand_Al.Thor
July 10, 2015 21:36:43

Very little usefull information is given in this video. And yes, graphic is weak. I really hope that developers will change buildings menu in the castle, it looks incredebly poor! But for me, the most important in Heroes of Might and Magic game, are gameplay and atmosphere.

SimbaelTristis The Mad
July 11, 2015 10:39:21

Whitch, it's sad to say, both are gone.

VincLord
July 10, 2015 20:49:04

Game need more art! Opening treasure chest with small ugly window is disappointing! Ubi we liked art in a taverns and other staff in H3, so you better note this, it will make game better for sure!

GMnemonic
July 10, 2015 22:29:27

yes the game needs way more buildings and stuff on the adventure map