July 08, 2015 19:28:41

They don't look like Magic heroes to me...because of their weapons. It's a lance, not something magical, no glowy butterflies and things flying around it. Even the Druid's staff is more magical than this. Look at the other faction's Magic heroes, they wield staffs more worthy of their rank. I mistook this art for the Sylvan Might hero, and thought that the art didn't correspond to the actual Might heroes presented earlier this week.

July 08, 2015 19:31:01

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/requests-341/82040d1274101662-goblin-druid-skin-druid.jpg, http://40.media.tumblr.com/165d154cb5423dc32019d93562f784e7/tumblr_mtv2nvDEF61rfyiu4o1_1280.jpg, http://img09.deviantart.net/bc36/i/2011/272/0/6/druid_by_edli-d2zocxe.jpg, some examples. The latter one looks like Loki's scepter, lol.
_
I'm glad that at least this model shows the pointy ears, that's where the Might heroes are painfully lagging behind.

tazar1988
July 08, 2015 19:31:17

yeah, it's a bit odd ...

July 08, 2015 19:33:15

I like the feather/leaf cloak, and they seem to be much less armored than their Might brothers and sisters (which makes sense, of course). Quite detailed, the helm may be a bit over the top with those plumes, but then again...we've got a Druid Elder with a deer hat. A Sylvan hero wouldn't want to look less fabulous than his/her army, right? :P

July 08, 2015 19:41:53

Their outfit is what the Might heroes should wear too, instead of being so plated up all around :). The Magic hero's outfit looks more natural, and fitting for an elf. I know, I know, you should be able to tell one apart from the other, but "Might" doesn't have to equal "all armored up", right? Blade Dancers are the epic proof of bravery in battle: going into the fray barechested. I like both the female and male's outfit here, so definately well done.

July 08, 2015 19:43:57

They're waring bracers, and gloves...I remember "Bracers of the Druid" from H6, an artefact that grants the Regeneration spell. So, my main issue here: the staff. Which is a spear, a lance, a MIGHT weapon. It may glow green in the end version, but still it doesn't look...magical and foresty enough. Make it out of a branch, out of wood, I don't know. If Treants/trees supply Master Hunters with a bow, why shouldn't the keepers of the forest be allowed to create a staff from an ancient tree too?

July 08, 2015 19:49:52

Sylvan has four Might Heroes, it seems :(.

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 08, 2015 20:06:12

Uhuhuhu such a badass looking druid:P http://img09.deviantart.net/bc36/i/2011/272/0/6/druid_by_edli-d2zocxe.jpg

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 21:01:12

spear-weapons ranged and melee , requires a lot of physical strength

July 08, 2015 21:47:46

Oh, but I never said that Elves lack physical strength. A lance is a good weapon for their kind, but not if the wielder is supposed to be a Magic-oriented hero :P.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 21:54:15

thus , the wood elves magic class = magic + light athletics )

Antalyan The Ancient
July 09, 2015 18:48:07

To be honest, I would like them to concentrate on some gameplay improvements than on heroes appearance.

July 09, 2015 18:54:39

@antalyan: At this stage of the development, that might be quite hard. Changing a model to make it have a better staff should require a lot less time, and adds to a better appeal. Visuals matter as much as Gameplay imo, they are two sides of the triangle. The third side is of course Music. A trinity, if you will.

Najakir The Kreegan
July 09, 2015 19:07:52

I don't see the point... They have a spear... why not ?

And no, gameplay is more important if they want people loving the game and buying the next...

July 09, 2015 19:12:41

It's a Might weapon...and they are not Might heroes. That's the point. They look like soldiers, warriors, not Druids.

Najakir The Kreegan
July 09, 2015 19:37:37

You really need to play ancient game of the licence. Too much stereotype is bad. ;-)

I think it's logic to see druid using true weapon when going into battle. And the druid unit also have some kind of spear.

July 09, 2015 19:41:01

Some kind of spear? https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/factions/sylvan/creatures/druid. Not really, certainly not the unupgraded version. I do admit that the Druid Elder's weapon is some kind of scythe/sickle on a staff. But look at the glowing things, the material it is made out of...that is a true Druid staff :).

Najakir The Kreegan
July 09, 2015 19:43:46

Yes, sorry, it's more a scythe...

It doesn't change that a druid going into battle having a true weapon has some sort of logic.

Whatever, I'm more concern in the problem of same skills agin and again...

Antalyan The Ancient
July 09, 2015 21:44:00

So do I, Najakir.
H5 and H6 had also many visual "problems" and nobody solved them :D
Only here, on this site, you are criticizing everything.
I would prefer if you could more concentrate on main problems and let these subjective visuals be.

July 10, 2015 09:40:50

@antalyan: "I would prefer if you could more concentrate on main problems and let these subjective visuals be".

No. You're not telling me what I should do. If you want to focus on gameplay-related topics, be my guest. I, however, also have preferences elsewhere. I want good-looking units and heroes, so when I see something changeworthy, I make mention of it. It where I focus on, visuals. Many others are down the Gameplay department already, leaving room elsewhere for me.

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 10, 2015 09:53:18

@ antalyan
The visuals are very important.. the game wouldn't be the same if u played with ugly potatoes holding sticks.. In case you want to reply at me i will tell you: Yes you are right! Gameplay and skills/abilities balance is the most important factor in a game btw those 3(gameplay/visual/story). But don't forget the skill system and flow of the game will be checked by many in beta 2.. but if the visuals reach beta2 nothing will change. Vamps and liches got remakes why not others?

Konstan14 The Mysterious
July 10, 2015 10:21:04

@ antalyan
I also think that gameplay is the most important thing. But i can hardly believe that it's the same people who are working on the visuals and on the gameplay in Ubi/Limbic. So, yes, they can concentrate on both things simultaneously.

Minastir The Guardian
July 08, 2015 20:58:41

Magic Hero with the staff ! :-)

there you go:

-- http://i.imgur.com/AgIwPbU.jpg

Andariil The Kreegan
July 08, 2015 21:00:58

Much better,now only replace that helmet with some other hat and we deal with it=)

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 08, 2015 21:00:59

I think instead of brawling about a stick we should be more worried about where Sylvan is heading to.. From my point of view i think its really really bad at moment..

Andariil The Kreegan
July 08, 2015 21:02:10

Hope there is no final version of creatures,city and heroes!

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
July 08, 2015 21:14:02

I must admit, it looks a lot better!
Honestly I don't mind the visual style of the current Sylvan, however I would have done it a lot different, probably going for a style somewhere between H5's Sylvan and Tolkiens. (and I will be trying to design a Sylvan faction in the style I described)

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 08, 2015 21:39:44

@ mediczero
Better? nothing matches(visually speaking).. how can it be better? Destiny GM is 1 step ahead but that was negated by having all 3 mag classes GM Earth..

July 08, 2015 21:46:32

Now that's more like it!

Aseved The Guardian
July 09, 2015 07:34:11

Well, not only that. The drawing has still the pose and the physical build of a might hero.
(Not to say the druids do not have to be fit, but I do not see them showing arm muscles so much).

EnergyW The Hack
July 08, 2015 21:02:08

The more I see articles, the more I wonder: what will be something amazing in the game?

For now, too many things have made the fellow fans, including myself, changed the look of the game as nothing to be amazed about.

I must ask: is there anything in the game that will be made outstanding?

blackadderDAAN The Furious
July 08, 2015 21:13:52

Why bother to ask if you don`t intend to play the game.

Avonu_de_Odihs The Mysterious
July 08, 2015 21:16:56

>>>I must ask: is there anything in the game that will be made outstanding?
Game price (and I relly hope not the bugs).

EnergyW The Hack
July 08, 2015 21:18:38

Well, for a start, it may be hope. Foolish hope, but still hope.

Second, I, as well as others, can give opinions what should be and what shouldn't be. It is not noticed, I know, but those that read comments can realize that, see if the game is worth that.

And finally, I am writing articles about these things on a separate place, the Might & Magic Wiki.

RobvD84 The Mad
July 08, 2015 21:22:01

@DAAN Where is he saying he won't be playing this game? Also he is just asking a question, wich a lot of ppl are asking. Have you never heard of hope?

blackadderDAAN The Furious
July 08, 2015 21:34:50

RobvD84,

Are you his/her lapdog?

EnergyW The Hack
July 08, 2015 21:40:04

No, but you seem to be one with such replies.

RobvD84 The Mad
July 08, 2015 23:18:20

@DAAN Lol geez, i tried to keep this for myself but i can't anymore. Are you here just for the trolling and flaming? I mean i understand ppl have other opinions about things, but that is not a reason to attack others. This is not the Youtube comment section, altho we did have some dark moments on this site where it was much worse then the YT comment section, and that was during the faction voting.

But don't worry you are not the only one who doesn't like those who are beeing critic.

blackadderDAAN The Furious
July 09, 2015 12:06:45

I would say i am not the one who is trolling. Don`t intend to. Just look back at my history if this site allows to do so.

Ubi-Nox The Shadow Of Death
July 08, 2015 18:39:11

Hello all, it seems that we had issues with the text description of the classes in this article and previous one. We are sorry for the inconvenience and fixed the issue.
---------------------------
Moreover, the Ranger main skills were wrongly specified and are: Nature’s Revenge, Exploration, and Destiny.

blackadderDAAN The Furious
July 08, 2015 18:42:16

thanx ubi

Lucifael7 The Mad
July 08, 2015 18:44:31

Thank you!

Antalyan The Ancient
July 08, 2015 18:45:16

Many people were wondering :)
However, I still believe that if all magic heroes have (excluding their racial) also earth magic, then all might heroes should have destiny too.

Antalyan The Ancient
July 08, 2015 18:46:49

And what new about Sting skill? Will fixed number of damage remain or may it be the subject of changes?

broui The Ancient
July 08, 2015 18:46:58

Thanks Nox. We posted at the same time. Still ought to be a magic hero with the ability to GM Destiny.

SlumbrousShip5 The Furious
July 08, 2015 18:47:28

This is certainly a good thing. But why all three magic heroes specializing in earth magic :(
So basically, if you do not master earth magic, you're going to lose?

Stormhelico The Mysterious
July 08, 2015 18:47:36

Good to know

Konstan14 The Mysterious
July 08, 2015 18:58:43

Thanks for the update! Ranger seems solid with these skills.
But what about Avanger? Why is he still the same as Vindicator and Warmonger (racial skill+Offence+Warcries)?

richardlord The Mysterious
July 08, 2015 19:42:48

Hooray we get GM Destiny

Najakir The Kreegan
July 08, 2015 20:17:43

Ok, cool ! Thank you !

Narquelie_
July 09, 2015 10:55:49

Зачем волшебнику доспехи? Он их может себе наколдовать когда потребуется... Если они даже есть, то опять же, пусть они будут волшебными, сделанными из каких то минералов или переливаются магией. Где какие то бутылочки и книжки на поясе? Какой то копейщик нарисован, нет ни одного визуального признака показывающего что это маг...

Lunar__Wanderer The Mad
July 09, 2015 13:27:50

К вашему сведению: магам ПОФИГ на правила. В большинстве книг они описываются как практически единственный слой населения могущий ходить как угодно. Маг НЕ ОБЯЗАН показывать кто он есть. Маг может использовать ЛЮБОЕ оружие в случае владения им. Да и не владения тоже. Не согласны? Пишите! Интересно, а книгу, где маги загнаны в столь строгие, непонятные и ничем не обоснованные рамки вообще читать будут?..

MirageEA
July 09, 2015 13:50:23

>>ПОФИГ на правила
Ну давайте циклопу второй глаз сделаем, давайте единорог у нас без рога будет, нахрен нам эти стереотипы. Как раз таки хрень без правил никто читать не будет.

WanderielT
July 09, 2015 14:06:41

MirageEA, в крайности не бросайтесь )

Lunar__Wanderer The Mad
July 09, 2015 15:11:22

Про единорогов и циклопа упоминания не было. Речь шла о магах. И единого мнения о том, какие должны быть маги, ни у кого нет. И загонять их в строгие рамки - глупо. Всё зависит от вашей фантазии. Не будьте ограниченными.
P. S. К вопросу о безрогих единорогах. Почитай книгу одного зарубежного автора. "Расколотая бесконечность" называется. Книга классная. И единорожки присутствуют. В том числе безрогие. Её, вроде, Найта зовут...

MirageEA
July 09, 2015 15:25:29

>>в крайности не бросайтесь
>>Про единорогов и циклопа упоминания не было
Это для яркости восприятия.
>>Всё зависит от вашей фантазии. Не будьте ограниченными.
Это все похоже на современное искусство. Типо, ты ни чего не понимаешь, если не видишь в квадрате малевича (или в прочих соплях) ничего, кроме черного квадрата. Так же и здесь, нам показывают какого то эльфа с копьем, а дальше сам додумывайте.

Lunar__Wanderer The Mad
July 09, 2015 15:35:51

Звините, я квадрат Малевича тоже искусством не воспринимаю) Я и то лучше рисую. Но вот когда люди считают, что знают какими должны быть маги лучше чем те, кто этих самых магов придумал, я их не понимаю. Напишите книгу и опишите СВОИХ магов, а чужие маги зависят только от своих магов. И уж тем более я не понимаю когда в неопределённых и неоднозначных вопросах мфслят зашоренными стереотипами. Смотрите шире)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 09, 2015 15:43:09

да , давайте смотреть ширше ! Я думаю , на копье он будет летать и медитировать ))

Lunar__Wanderer The Mad
July 09, 2015 16:40:49

Это ж не ведьма! Хотя, хрен его знает... Но я считаю, слишком неудобно. Ковёр практичнее)))

Narquelie_
July 11, 2015 14:55:47

Причем тут ограниченное восприятие, узкие рамки? Есть определенные правила восприятия человека внешних объектов, называется оценкой. Оценивается объект человеком по набору признаков, в данном случае визуальных. Глядя на эти модельки героев, я вижу война с копьем а не мага. Тут как раз таки нужны стереотипы, чтобы я мог увидеть мага. Если рассуждать так свободно как вы, то и изображение обезьяны или чайника можно принять за волшебника сославшись на широту фантазии и восприятия...

Victorah
July 09, 2015 18:13:25

Маги с копьями? Или это посохи-копья?

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 09, 2015 18:35:36

ээ боюсь ответить ,,,,,\ говорят ,что это посох ...\ ))

MirageEA
July 09, 2015 18:40:26

Истина где-то рядом

Lunar__Wanderer The Mad
July 09, 2015 19:16:41

Посох это. Просто с ножичком вместо навершия)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 10, 2015 10:54:47

Вердикт вынесен ! Λολ

OlmeR.
July 10, 2015 11:33:02

Это консервный нож

Victorah
July 10, 2015 12:07:11

Или эльфийские маги настолько плохо ориентируются в магии, что их может спасти только копье в ближнем бою))

OlmeR.
July 10, 2015 12:15:38

Victorah
Это просто на картинке только плохие маги, Вы посмотрите на героя мужского пола, сразу видно магические уроки прогуливал, а физкультуру любил.Такие мышцы накачал, герои силы аж позавидуют.
Откуда тут знания магии

Astera_Neo The Councilor
July 10, 2015 12:19:10

Это неправильные маги, поэтому у них неправильные посохи))))

Jo3780 The Magical
July 09, 2015 14:22:24

Павлины, в атаку!)))

GAZZZ8991 The Raider
July 09, 2015 20:23:31

отомстим за ниших братьев !!!1111

GAZZZ8991 The Raider
July 09, 2015 20:23:44

наших*

ERENDER
July 09, 2015 00:20:35

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, GREEN PARROTS!!!!))))))))))))))) seriously. pathetic.

ERENDER
July 09, 2015 00:24:22

MIGHT HEROES - GREEN ROBOCOPS, MAGIC HEROES - GREEN PARROTS. COOL FACTION. EVLES? THEY ARE NOT.

ERENDER
July 09, 2015 00:26:16

GREEN PARROTS AND GREEN ROBOCOPS. WITH STUPID SHEEP-DOE. LMAO.

SirFinkleburg
July 09, 2015 01:31:34

You're so jellyfish.

kamilo090 The Faithful
July 09, 2015 08:03:41

I agree, they are looking like parrots, not like elves :[

Andariil The Kreegan
July 08, 2015 19:38:26

This is how elf mage looks like,yes you may say this is not druids and what?Magic heroes must be like a mage,not a warrior of some kind
There is art i personally like:Female and Male

Konstan14 The Mysterious
July 08, 2015 19:43:44

I agree, these arts would be much more appropriate as magic heroes of wood elves.
Ubi's presented arts could be awesome for might heroes, but not for mages!

Andariil The Kreegan
July 08, 2015 19:47:48

You are welcome!UBI such a lazy with this design of Sylvan heroes make me feel poor for the elven faction.

neytos The Dark
July 08, 2015 20:33:58

Красиво

Lord-Khanival
July 08, 2015 19:29:59

look like costumes for a carnival :P

rada9991 The Treasure Hunter
July 08, 2015 19:18:08

Good models, actually..... Those ugly helmets....... NOOOOOO. And about the earth magic on the almost all of the classes, its quite logic, but diversification will be fine, for example water magic.

Vas9ka The Mighty
July 08, 2015 20:25:30

How they actually see with those helmets? They are very strange

Mr.Rain The Mad
July 10, 2015 07:57:01

We need a hero who can be Water GM.

Please change the Mystic.

Lord_Camilus
July 10, 2015 08:51:10

RAIN is right, we need any hero with main skill: water magic.
And making 3 classes, all with earth magic is really bad... I would prefer one with earth, one with water and one with air, they all suit Sylvan well.

Lord_Camilus
July 10, 2015 08:52:36

And I'm only looking forward for next offence/deffence/neutral Dungeon might classes and Dark Magic/Dark Magic/Dark Magic magic classes ;d
(AND WE REALLY NEED EDIT BUTTON)

manutero
July 10, 2015 17:15:50

GOD YES!

Water magic (just some varity)!

Jafex
July 09, 2015 10:01:12

The three hero types sound good.
Like most other critics: The design is actually not really magical. The look like might heroes. Give them a wand and less a military-style looking helmet.

v.o.r.t.3.x. The Destroyer
July 09, 2015 01:10:49

I was not the biggest fan of the might heroes but I really like these! I'm glad to see that the hero on the Sylvan page was indeed a magic hero.

Holicco The Magical
July 08, 2015 22:55:55

Thoose heroes should be might heroes imo

Holicco The Magical
July 08, 2015 22:58:07

becsuse of the Visual aspects (look) sorry for my english

uplaywithhibbi The Furious
July 08, 2015 23:06:09

I agree. They don't look like magic wielding Heroes at all.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:09:00

By and large , do not care will look like heroes factions. In heroes 5 were all the same , the main thing-beautiful icons .
In heroes 6 was a large selection of beautiful unique heroes and and the choice to make your character unique. If everything will be the same and boring specialization , I don't care how they look.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:12:49

По большому счету пофиг ,как выглядят герои . В 5 были все одинаковы. \иконки тольк разные\ . В 6 - много из династии уникальных можно было взять , и даже своего героя слепить со своей специлизацией .
Так что если специлизация тут будет однообразная , и уник героев не будет , какая разница как они выглядят , через 2 дня не будем обращать внимания .

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:24:06

I hope that Ubi will not forget the good experience of H6 , and give us unique heroes and externally , and the ability to make a hero specialization
. After heroes 6 template model will be boring.. /
#FIX SPECIALIZATIONS

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:25:22

Я надеюсь после 6 ув Юби не скатиться до 2 шаблонных чучел и этих \ пока что скучнейших \ спец героев , а сделает поширше выбор ....)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:39:47

Perhaps , many here don't like "heroes 6" , but the characters were wonderful . And externally , and the choice of specialization. \ You could choose any hero specialization , \ in addition to racial.\
Sorry my bad English , I only write about the characters , don't war about H 6 , please

Mirash_ge The Dragon
July 08, 2015 22:48:46

извиняюсь за длинные тексты ,просто вспомнила , с каким удовольствием я выбирала героев в 6 , расматривала , навыки расставляла ....неужели тут будет по 2 чучела на фракцию , и спец + 1 прирост , + 3-5 маны и тд ....стало скучно эх
в 5 хоть спец были интересные некоторые очень эх

neytos The Dark
July 09, 2015 08:01:12

К сожалению будет как раз так, как ты описала... В 6-х действительно с Династией было намного интереснее!