Antalyan The Ancient
June 11, 2015 17:07:16

My POEM number two:

Every fan now beta plays,
we have only 14 days,
is it too few? Never mind,
we ought to be really blind,
to like the graphics which was done,
(it hardly beats Heroes I).

For good game we have to wait,
Christmas release won´t be late,
Fix the graphics, it´s a shame!
We deserve much better game...

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 11, 2015 17:11:31

Tak to bylo trefný :D (Y)

Antalyan The Ancient
June 11, 2015 17:21:32

If you missed my first poem and would like to read it, please follow this link:

June 11, 2015 19:18:46

Fix the skill system
As it is a shame
Fix the skills
As is our wills

Fix the magic system
Seven schools to blame
Fix the spells
'Coz these ones smells

Antalyan The Ancient
June 11, 2015 18:02:56

The graphics needs to be changed a lot. I cannot see what is where, because it is small (and unable to zoom enough, the camera and zoom are very strange) and the landscape has strange colours. Please, fix it, it is very important. Just look at H6 and inspire in graphics, is it so difficult four years after its release to do the same or even better graphics?

Well, from beta it seems that it is.

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 11, 2015 18:05:58

Yea ... they copied many abilities, spells, models from H6, but the best part of it - graphic and spell effects no ? ...

The graphic is indeed underwhelming for a 2015 game ...

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 11, 2015 18:06:47

And we need posibility to zoom in more.. why do we have detailed creatures when we can´t zoom them ?

RobvD84 The Mad
June 11, 2015 19:23:11

For a strategy game like this graphics aren't that important (look at the older heroes games that are still populair). Ofcourse the atmosphere and art style is important, more important then graphics in my opinion. Especially in combination with good music. Pillars of Eternity is a good exemple of that.

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 11, 2015 19:34:13

The game would have to be freaking good to make up for ugly graphics. It isn´t.

RobvD84 The Mad
June 11, 2015 20:22:22

Yes and that is why it is so wierd they spend time on funny animations and things like that, when we don't even want them (yes it is funny, for a while, but it doesn't add anything else).
They could have spend it on things we asked for.

GarionRahl The Magical
June 12, 2015 08:18:42

Merci pour cette mise à jour :)

Cleglaw The Councilor
June 11, 2015 17:25:02

i dont see much usefulness in this changelog. none of the important issues are handled, in fact, i dont even experienced %90 of the fixed issues listed here, lots of very small and not really important stuff listed as fixed.
top issues:
stupid broken ai
really imbalanced skilltree
super stupid moves of flying creatures in combat map
high system requirements
lack of explanation about things
high turn time waits(this was promised in twitch stream way back)!

none of those are fixed.

Cleglaw The Councilor
June 11, 2015 17:28:11

im losing my hope towards this game if release date is not gonna be delayed. will wait for one more week to see important fixes, if i cant see that happening, i will cancel my pre-order if i am still able to do so.
im not supporting for you to test a super broken alpha, and for buggy final release. you have to earn our trust that you will handle it.
good luck.

Cleglaw The Councilor
June 11, 2015 17:30:50

these 115 thing getting fixed are all "nearly" not even important lol. and you claim that you will fix everything.
what i am sure is, we wont see that happening in beta, since half of it allready over!

i wonder how much is the total amounts of bugs. 1000? lol....

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
June 11, 2015 17:32:26

And he has fallen...

Taranri The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 17:36:14

Well, fixes are always welcome, no matter which issues are handled.
I'm sure they too would like to fix the "more important" stuff, but I'm glad they manage to fix the lesser issues as well.
Even if it is many smaller things, it is a pretty large list for this amount of time, I'm sure they will be able to solve the more important issues as well!

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
June 11, 2015 17:42:01

Well, broken AI, balancing, flavour texts and time for AI turn are probably things that they will try and fix for release, not in an update to beta. Escpecially since it ends in 6 days. I for one were surprised, happily so, they even updated the beta.

EnergyW The Hack
June 11, 2015 17:42:28

Pff. It is beta, one should get accustomed to these things. But it is up to Ubi to fix them before the release. Meaning that once they include the last two factions, they should make an OPEN beta.

EnergyW The Hack
June 11, 2015 17:43:12

Though the words of devs were like "we wanted to fix bugs that don't spoil the gameplay experience" or something like that.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
June 11, 2015 17:50:33

Dude, calm down already. I think you need to take the weekend off before getting back to the beta again.
_
Combat animations are still as broken as they were before, but somehow there has been a change in optimization, aka: movement/combat speed. It is not as laggy for me as it was before, and if that is a result of the update, I am most confident about a very smooth end product. H6-smooth.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
June 11, 2015 17:53:23

Also, I noticed it now says "Beta 1 Build (number)". Does that imply there will be more betas?

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
June 11, 2015 18:44:56

Cleg: Opened eyes after the purchase, but he wouldn't have listened XD

EtoreRS The Faithful
June 11, 2015 18:52:38

"super stupid moves of flying creatures in combat map" is in your "top issues" ???

"high turn time waits"
Never noticed more than a few seconds, 3 or 4 maximum.

"high system requirements"
Not true. I'm running it in a 2009 computer (I5-750 + GTX 460 + 4G RAM) and it's all fine.
Of course it could be better but if a 6 years old computer can handle the game nicely you can't say it have high system requirements.

June 12, 2015 12:35:37

+1 Cleg from me, but to be honest current state of things isnt very surprising. What surprises me more than bugswarmed beta is that there were actually people who trusted ubi after H6.

Antarius90 The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 15:54:46

Each day that pass without Sylvan post, one little cat dies :(

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate

Here, take the druid!

EnergyW The Hack
June 11, 2015 16:32:36

Cat? You mean wolf.

Kornbeef The Dark
June 11, 2015 16:53:20

Yay, eat more cats, less cows!

Thranduilll The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 17:11:25

Soon there will be no cats and no pixies.

Black_Weaver The Butcher
June 11, 2015 19:00:05

But there still are some deers ;D

HorusImperor
June 11, 2015 14:49:44

Please do something with graphics. Now it's very fuzzy.

Thranduilll The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 15:36:37

Have you checked the resolution? After update my resolution and graphic settings have changed. The main menu was blurry but after changing resolution to my optimal one everything is as it was - good :-)

HorusImperor
June 11, 2015 15:54:03

blueraven9 i dont know how show you my pictures(

Thranduilll The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 16:03:37

Well, If changing the resolution doesn't help then I have no idea either way :(

EnergyW The Hack
June 11, 2015 16:34:25

Maybe trying to change frequency should work?

Elisabeth.... The Faithful
June 11, 2015 17:21:19

115 bugs!! lol Sounds like the game is well developed....

Need some bug killing spray?

Taranri The Mysterious
June 11, 2015 17:38:52

Bug fixing is usually done in the beta phase, if I'm not mistaken, which would be now.
I say the more bugs we and they find the better, I want a polished product come launch!

Elisabeth.... The Faithful
June 11, 2015 17:47:44

Yeah. I agree.

I was just surprised by the number :)

Elementalist.
June 14, 2015 14:01:39

H7 change wishlist, we could use all the support we can get!

MrMasterBalance
June 14, 2015 16:03:29

Yes listening to the community feedback is essential.And they are very solid points.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
June 11, 2015 20:41:55

The gargoyle should have a "mechanical" flying animation. With "clockwork noises" when it spreds it wings and then "shoots" to its new location. No flapping.

Sinot22 The Chivalrous
June 11, 2015 20:05:59

We need posibility to zoom-in camera MORE.

Сделайте чтобы камеру можно было ещё ближе приближать.

broui The Ancient
June 11, 2015 15:36:02

After 30 minutes of post-patch play, I'm happy to report that the game is playing much better. Didn't solve everything but it is much improved.

LordFoxton The Councilor
June 11, 2015 15:40:00

Oh good, there is some hope for the future of this game :D

Kornbeef The Dark
June 11, 2015 16:54:12

Nice to see how much progress was made in just 1 week. Hope for the september release rises!

Chedden31 The Mysterious
June 15, 2015 07:04:54

Many new bug for me with this patch.

Please, report the game release, and do a good game (it's possible, but not in September...)

TimPoging2 The Guardian
June 15, 2015 15:30:36

Yep; let's all agree on having a good Christmas instead of a bad fall!

Antalyan The Ancient
June 11, 2015 19:06:33

Maybe we should call this game "Snails of might and magic"
Why?
- the heroes moves really slowly
- everything is so small

Articun The Wanderer
June 14, 2015 21:48:21

Dear developers
@Ubi-Nox, @Ubi-Moshi-moshi, and the rest

Forgive me if this has been posted again ans also for not being relevant to the article presented here.

May i draw your attention to this finely summarized article of various game problems that can be fixed. Elvin did a very fine job of pointing out many aspects of what a good amount of players would like to see

P.S. I post this here as well as it seems more relevant

Ubi-MoshiMoshi The Mighty
June 15, 2015 11:14:50

Thank you Articun, we are aware of that thread :)

Articun The Wanderer
June 15, 2015 12:12:12

That's very nice to hear :D

And no prob :)

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 12, 2015 14:22:05

Played a bit and I must say the animations were really improved. Now just rework some spell effects, give better quality to colors (remove that greyish look) and it could look very nice.
Many errors still there, but it´s overall smoother, not a bad start with the patching.

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
June 12, 2015 14:40:27

So there is hope after all...

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
June 12, 2015 14:45:10

I tried again too after a crash yesterday. Quickly suffered another one, and now the AI got stuck in its turn...so it just won't end. And of course I didn't save before that, so lost some progress again.
_
I'm done with this beta.

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
June 12, 2015 14:48:54

mediczero, maybe yes, but they could prepare this before their launched the beta and release it this week only to make us think they did something ... we will know only after the release I guess..

Marblethrone, I did not play that much to suffer any crashes yet (I couldn´t start game, but veryfiing the files fixed this) but I was talking mainly about the animations - those were horrible before, now it´s quite ok.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
June 12, 2015 14:49:45

Battle animations (flying, hitting etc) are still quite broken in 'my' version :P.

ChrisD.1 The Mad
June 12, 2015 15:00:55

@Marblethrone
see?and you told me that they are justified with the amount of bugs . they should fix the performance first.only that. we would all be way happier. and sorry about the personal attack earlier i was too hasty.
no one cares about the texts. animations and memory leaking! guy had a 16 gb ram and the game consumed 10 gbs!!!!!!! very unfinished for a beta!

Antalyan The Ancient
June 12, 2015 16:03:40

Still it is really, really small in the game (except the prize of course).

storm_sword
June 12, 2015 16:51:20

It's always funny to hear a very restricted beta version of a game to arrest 10Gb of memory. There's like a 20th of the content of the final game? I've done some big software but never have I been able to consume 10Gb of memory, not even near. How in the hell the whole composition can even work if it's composed like that. Though some are reporting crashes...

To the original post: Good that they fix but I'd rather had them done in a good way in the first place. Double work - double pay! I guess.

storm_sword
June 12, 2015 17:01:09

actually, the servers may have had that much of memory in usage at some stage but still it's very fucking alot. Never really checked the server specs but I think we had like 0.5 Gb for the running and on peak times with like 1000+ users and video stream 2+ Gb. I can be wrong with this stat though, I ain't interested in trifles.

fopkovic1 The Chivalrous
June 15, 2015 13:45:37

I have a high end system and even that cannot cope with the game. I have had the issue Marblethrone was describing (opponents turn not finishing), but the most annoying issue I had, was a crash when autosaving. After restarting, not only the autosave file was gone, but I also was not able to load any other savegame, all gone as well. If this game will release in September, it is a waste of money :-/

HeroVolt The Chivalrous
June 11, 2015 19:41:28

Бета-2, бета-2,
Ты не та, всё не та...
Ты опять с кучей багов пришла.

Я хочу, я хочу,
Поиграть в пикачу,
Я оленей эльфийских хочу...

Jo3780 The Magical
June 11, 2015 19:43:28

А я Ларису Иван-н-в-ну хочу)