rodaff The Dark

Tavern = YES :)

BeYo_OnD The Ancient
March 17, 2015 18:35:54

We need the Tavern back.

EnergyW The Hack
March 17, 2015 18:42:55

Agreed. Sounds less Warcraft-y.

Milets The Guardian
March 17, 2015 20:49:17

I agree with you people. But I don't know if it would make sense an undead heroe drink on a tavern. After all, they are suposed to drink blood, no? Anyway, tavern would be better than hall of heroes overall, and way less "warcraftier".

damianjcoles The Faithful
March 17, 2015 21:26:29

Do you really want to hire a hero that spends their whole lives in a tavern??

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
March 17, 2015 22:34:35

I agree tavern sounds much better.

Djordjevic5 The Magnificient
March 17, 2015 23:00:48

Tavern suits more to a name of a place where you would find heroes for hire. Hall of Heroes sounds like a mausoleum in the Griffin Empire

Tito_Reni The Mad
March 17, 2015 23:42:47

@damianjcoles - I would do it, it would be funnier.

@Milets - Your lack of imagination is disturbing. :P

Milets The Guardian
March 18, 2015 00:53:16

@damianjcoles, yeah, sure! where do you find most of heroes on rpg or fantasy scenarios? Also, as @Djordjevic5 said, Hall of Heroes sounds more like a monument, than a place where you can hire Heroes

Milets The Guardian
March 18, 2015 00:58:27

Rs, @Tito_Reni, why lack of imagination? It was just a supposition, and a jest. After all, can you imagine a Vampire sitting on the tavern table, along with a skeleton lich (yes, I still belive/ hope they will be back), while the skeleton lich takes a mug and all the ale pass through his jaw hole?

Niwroc The Ancient
March 18, 2015 05:37:43

@Damianjcoles

Have you no appreciation for good storytelling dynamic? Don't you know that all heroes and adventuring parties invariably meet in inns?

And don't think too hard about why ~six strangers each powerful enough to destroy large portions of the town and drive off hordes of enemies always end up in the same random tavern in the middle of nowhere.

March 18, 2015 07:37:17

This is actually very valid point. I wonder what heroes actually do at hall of heroes. Do they wait in row until they are recruited? Are heroes somehow summoned out of nothing here? Seems far to artificial. Much more natural for fantasy game is that folks are recruited at local tavern which was in all medieval towns. Not that it would matter much, but still ... what was wrong with tavern? Hall of heroes really sound like some memorial suitable for top 10 scores.

KillerPancake22 The Magical
March 18, 2015 08:27:16

@damianjcoles
Yes. A tavern is the best place you can hire trustworthy commanders of your entire army.
Hall of Heroes? Nah, that just sounds like a place where people with money go to not spend it on rum. How could you meet actual, competent people there?

March 18, 2015 10:40:30

Definitely tavern back... It's something you would expect to find in a town for people to relax. Also the old system was much better IMO as the heroes recruited were travelling heroes that happened to pass by your tavern so they changed weekly. I don't really get the idea why every hero would just stand in the hall of heroes hoping somebody hires them for months or years even and if it's like h6 somebody can hire the same dude from other side of the map, how did that happen?

Tito_Reni The Mad
March 18, 2015 13:01:36

@Milets - A skeleton drinking? Why not?

Do you remember the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

Milets The Guardian
March 18, 2015 13:58:40

@Tito, yeah, that's what I was thinking =P

March 17, 2015 23:12:15

Boosting growth is just as boring as abilities replicates: lazy, uninspired and not fun.

Give us better heroes specializations!
&
Give us more diverse creature abilities!

#GUBHS
#GUMDCA

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 17, 2015 23:15:19

I want see boosts to spells, logistics, war machines, creatures etc. (1% or 2% per level).

wasd1200 The Wanderer
March 17, 2015 23:19:28

I've made some suggestions below :)

March 17, 2015 23:23:52

Upvote to the top! Reply with suggestions!

rodaff The Dark
March 18, 2015 00:29:29

I want Sorcery, Offense and Resistance to magic (increase % per level)

March 18, 2015 01:03:32

Resistant to Magic gimme back Thorgrim!

March 18, 2015 01:09:55

This post I made asks for gameplay improvements only.

March 18, 2015 07:24:24

+100 if I could
Heroes should be able to boost stats/morale/luck of a creature or warfare unit. Like:
Tyris: Cavalry Officer (Cavaliers get +1 attack & defence per every 2 levels of hero)
Krzysztof : Spellweaver (Effectiveness of Fire spells is increased by 1% per hero level)
Ymoril: Justicar Captain (All Justicars receive Unlimited Retaliation ability) etc.
Really, it's not hard to come up with ideas for better specialisations than increasing creature growth :/

March 18, 2015 07:57:59

Yes growth does not seem to be much usefull if you consider training skill of heaven heroes (if it wasnt removed of course).

Fox-Warlock The Mysterious
March 18, 2015 14:12:35

I try to upvote you, but number is not increases.

But i am with you! We need Specializations like in the 5 part!

March 18, 2015 14:15:36

What the hell you cannot upvote? lmao
Try again later I guess

Fox-Warlock The Mysterious
March 18, 2015 16:45:29

As for suggestions i go for specializations that enhance creature abilities - like X% more jousting bonus for cavaliers.

Or, if possible - specializations that have unique effects/mechanics - like Naadir's ghost summoning from heroes 5, or Zoltan spec from there.

Kiryu133 The Chivalrous
March 19, 2015 11:48:58

Yes, though i don't fully agree with the creature abilities.
#GUBHS for sure though

Marzhin93 The Ancient
March 18, 2015 13:26:31

For those fearing about Heroes with creature production specializations being forced to stay in town, H7 features a Governor system similar to the one seen in Heroes IV -- you assign a Hero to be the Governor of a specific town and its Area of Control will benefit from the hero's specialization and other economic skills, even if the Hero is not present in the town :)

Sempai_Mur The Dark
March 18, 2015 13:28:41

Meh so-so. I often forgot to do this in h4 =\
Will there be more diversified unique skills among heroes except boosting a growth?

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 18, 2015 13:31:13

OK, but don't make too many Heroes with creature production specializations. We need more varied and unique specializations, skills etc. some which have been pointed out in this thread.

March 18, 2015 13:33:05

Does the hero need any special skill to become a Governor? In H4 it was Nobility iirc

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
March 18, 2015 13:43:25

Good to know, but that doesn´t change the fact that static specializations are boring. Are all specializations like this, or there are some based on hero´s level too ?

And one more question - when starting a game are all heroes linked to a specific class, or can we choose the class (maybe even specialization) before we start the game and only the tavern-hired heroes have predetermined class ?

March 18, 2015 14:17:18

About those +x justicars/week, do they get stronger as hero levels up? So if I start at +2 justicar for example could it become something like +5 or +10 justicar when you max your heros level? I mean, why would I ever use justicar hero as active battle hero if the boost is always the same...? And I hope you'll have plenty of different battle-related specializations(for example justicar hero could improve atk/def every few levels for justicars).

Vusapion The Mysterious
March 18, 2015 14:25:07

This means that heroes specializing in creatures will enhance growth instead of its stats.

March 18, 2015 16:33:12

Governors should have been completely diferent hero types with their own skilltree. Boosting some population would be something to level up there. Creature growth and other economy skills are completely useless for combat hero. Also experience should be gathered diferently for governors. I do not get why are you taking H6 and H4 as your main inspiration when it is well known that those games were least liked from all.

v.o.r.t.3.x. The Destroyer
March 18, 2015 17:20:41

I would rather to see creature stats boosted. An increase in production is a very boring stat. Why would I want to put effort into a hero with an ability like that? Can you please get more creative? Forgive my disappointment but boosting the attack or defense of a certain creature is at least exciting when using that hero.

Kiryu133 The Chivalrous
March 19, 2015 13:37:05

you need some incentive to level these heroes up. right now a level 1 Tyris give just as much bonus as a level 30 Tyris. not much reason to keep using her for anything else than picking up resources.

albe0617 The Guardian
March 17, 2015 19:17:31

Much better portraits than in H6, so applause on that. Also very nice to see legendary Tyris and Edric back for battle. I really like how their new bios are connected to their original bios. Fun little input with Tyris and Edric being wife and husband, that is cute.
One negative comment though; I would much rather see a stat-wise bonus for creature specialties than a increase in growth. The hero should have strong creatures in battle not gather more of that creature.

March 17, 2015 19:19:19

March 17, 2015 18:34:51

#GiveHeroesUniqueStartingArmies
#GiveUsTavern

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 17, 2015 18:40:35

@#GHUSA/GUUSA: Agreed.

@#GUT: I'm okay with Hall of Heroes. It sounds more badass than ye olde local tavern where you may end up finding a drunk 'hero' :P.

March 17, 2015 18:48:02

Hahaha, right, Marble :D Nobody likes their heroes drunk
I think Hall of Heroes kills some of the fun - you can pick whichever hero you want, whenever you want and they just sit there and wait to be recruited lol
Tavern with random heroes was a nice touch, you had to make do with what you got, and after recruiting both heroes available in a week the others had much smaller armies. It made recruiting hero an important thing and all heroes unique. Hall of Heroes is like a slave market

CuriousOnlooker
March 17, 2015 18:48:07

I actually loved the tavern for just that reason. =P
I liked imagining that whenever you hired a hero, they were wasted on the floor somewhere, and you picked them up, dusted them off, handed them a coffee and shoved them toward a horse.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 17, 2015 18:51:09

Who says the Hall of Heroes won't allow you to recruit heroes belonging to another faction? It says hall of Heroes, not 'Haven Heroes', or any other faction for that matter....or was this already disclosed earlier? In a tavern, they also sit around and wait for someone to recruit them.

@Curious:

I would not go look for my heroes there, especially not if they lack discipline regarding alcohol :)....

rodaff The Dark
March 17, 2015 18:57:30

They don't have to be drunk, they could be sitting in a table playing Ashan Poker :P

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 17, 2015 19:01:36

@rodaff:

Gambling? They might lose everything they own and become useless when I want some heroes to fight for my cause :P. Ashan Hold'Em Poker...I need to learn that one day.

S9TF1
March 17, 2015 19:59:25

@rodaff: They don't have to be drunk, they could be sitting in a table playing Arcomage.

Fixed ;)

Niwroc The Ancient
March 18, 2015 05:34:29

Nice reference. I quite enjoyed that mingame and was sad you only get rewards once per tavern because sometimes I'd play just for fun.

... Maybe I'm a recruitable hero. It would explain why I enjoy and have a good grasp of military strategy.

Nekrodemon The Faithful
March 18, 2015 14:13:42

In all honesty: these specialisations such a garbage. Master of /some unit/ must increase their effectiveness in battle, not production. We had similar specialisations in H6: "increase production of some units by 1 per week" or "Firebolt casted by this hero 6% more powerful" (i'm actually almost laughing while writing this).

Nekrodemon The Faithful
March 18, 2015 14:13:50

Compare it with, let's say, H5 - "Turns this hero's ballista into fireball-shooting doomsday device" or "at the beginning of every battle en masse cast Poison on enemy troops" (roughly). Can you see lack of originality? It unsurprisingly that we had characterless and elusive heroes in H6. And sadly, it looks like H7 will repeat this lameness.

March 18, 2015 14:15:04

Dwarves knows the stuff.

Tito_Reni The Mad
March 18, 2015 14:18:36

Dwarves rule, we will have our revenge over the fury-sylvan-elves. :P

March 18, 2015 14:20:46

But dwarves voted Fury to piss Elves off didn't they? I didn't forget that.

Tito_Reni The Mad
March 18, 2015 14:22:16

@GalaadelHaut - Just the evil duergars, the dwarves with honor would never do that.

March 18, 2015 14:25:05

@Tito: Yes that's my belief too.

Lord_Camilus
March 18, 2015 14:42:46

Yea, dwarves have their honour, I was for Balance :)

Stormhelico The Mysterious
March 18, 2015 15:04:35

I voted for balance too.
I want the best heroes game and that means that I will vote for the line up I think it is the best; not for damaging some part of it.

Sardren The Mysterious
March 18, 2015 15:19:12

It's rather hard to balance the more interesting hero abilities from H5 and its harder to create a unique spec for every hero for the game.

And if anybody starts whining about balance not being important... balance is important for multiplayer, On of H5-s problems was being a unbalances mess in MP
The "unique" specializations belong in one place, these being the main heroes in campaigns, both the protagonists and main antagonits/boss heroes. It's nice to have some of them, but not a necessity.

March 18, 2015 15:24:08

@Sarden I would take somewhat unbalanced, but interesting game any day over h6 balancing which was worst in the series. H6 made all the factions so similar and boring I almost wanted to cry. Besides if they have open beta fans can help with the balancing to a great degree. Unfortunately we already know there won't be unique hero-specializations as they said that on twitch demo long ago I think, only generic crap :/

March 18, 2015 15:27:01

@Sarden: The Heroes system has always been hard to balance. This doesn't mean all should be dull and boring for the sake of it. Look at H3 and H5, are they properly balanced? No. Are they considered the most fun and entertaining titles of the franchise? Yes.
I am not against balance per se, I just don't want it to kill the fun, because that is what game mechanics are all about, being fun, and offer some challenge, IMO.

v.o.r.t.3.x. The Destroyer
March 18, 2015 16:29:03

I agree and was very disappointed to see these hero skills. If the rest of the game continues along the same path then choosing a hero this will be very dull and boring. I think the H5 skill system was the best because it was the most exciting to play. H6 killed that for me. I would prefer having a few overpowered heroes per faction than have each faction with the exact sameskills for balancing purposes.

March 18, 2015 16:46:07

@ Sardren : you really play 3+ hour game via multiplayer? When I did play multiplayer in heroes it always was local lanparty or hotseat with friends when we all laughed about all the imbalance. This game is not ment to be competitive. If it was, then they have to resolve sim turns first. Also I am not against balance, but the way ubi is doing it is completely broken. They making everything the same which is trivial solution of the equation, they do not even seek for some other solutions.

Sardren The Mysterious
March 19, 2015 12:24:26

Don't get me wrong. I would love better hero specializations, but i can get why they would keep them simpler. Multiplayer balance is a real consideration in any game that has a MP component.

I hope they manage to fix and add a bit more variety. And IMO unique specializations should be a campaign hero thing.

March 18, 2015 07:54:29

Please do not sacrifice all the fun and game variety for balance again.

unero21
March 18, 2015 10:09:54

yea it was pretty awfull when you fight with enemy in heroes VI and he get a copy of your items, and started locations was the same too. It's make a agme a little boring, especially all heroes in the same class goes for the same abilities.

March 18, 2015 10:47:13

I'm afraid devs worship h6 too much to let go of the awful h6 balancing.

PS Galaad(or others who were at the event) can you tell if orcs are full fledged wizards again like in h6? By that I mean equal magic users compared to all other factions.

GrayMatters The Magnificient
March 18, 2015 11:17:31

@ramborusina: it was the same in heroes 3 also, no?
Only the magic guild building was limited in their city, but nothing was preventing an Orc hero to have Wisdom + Mastery in the 4 magic school, if I remember correctly

I don't have a problem with that, there is no reason this universe (Homm universe, whatever it is) has to comply to usual fantasy arbitrary restrictions.

March 18, 2015 11:50:00

@Greymatters but in h4 and h5 they didn't have any proficiency in magic at all and they were the best strongholds in the series IMO. They both captured the barbaric essence much better than other iterations. H6 on the other hand was the worst iteration in my mind, I just don't relate to orcs as strong wizards. I much prefer to see them as unique fully might oriented faction.

GrayMatters The Magnificient
March 18, 2015 13:51:34

@ramborusina:
well I will not agree with you here (on magic part, I agree with H3 best stronghold). Of course the army has to be more might oriented, but prevent totally the heroes to use magic is detrimental to the faction, as it limits too strongly how you can play it.

I mean I prefer to have a choice between a might/offence path or a shaman/support path than only have one path. As shamans, they can use eath/wind/water magic to speed or heal the army. As warrior, attack skill for everyone!

March 18, 2015 15:12:14

@Greymatters As I said, it's just my personal preference to have orcs as pure might faction. It made them so much more interesting faction to play compared to others. Especially in h5 where they had blood-rage as racial and shouts to replace spells they were totally different from other factions which is always big plus in my book. In h4 you could recruit another faction hero for mage though it meant capturing another town for spells.

In h6 all the factions were just too similar which I hated.

March 19, 2015 00:45:19

I agree with ramborusina. H5 orcs were quite ok mechanics wise, war cries instead of spells, rage mechanics also very good. I would just like Behemonth be there, so from lore point of view I prefer H3 orcs more. But ashan is place of surprises where orcs are expert mages, undead are not really undead, knights are offensive, elves are defensive ... inovation and creativity really shines all over the place.

Mephisto1944
March 29, 2015 03:18:58

i agree on this.
if you level up one single hero much more than others it should be much stronger than other heroes. a level cap it the mechanic i fear the most. its so much harder to do the bug fights with one or two heroes only. i get nothing in reward when there is a level cap wich ofc is archivable for good players in some time.

EnergyW The Hack
March 17, 2015 18:43:46

We need tavern back. Always found those rumors to be mysterious, especially for new players.

March 17, 2015 18:45:23

Maybe that's the reason they scrapped it, writing the rumours would've been too much work! ;D

Antarius90 The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 18:49:50

They said that there will be a thieves guild and an heroes hall (tavern)

EnergyW The Hack
March 17, 2015 18:50:51

But it isn't exactly the same...

Antarius90 The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 18:52:22

They wanted to back Heroes 2 haha

damianjcoles The Faithful
March 17, 2015 21:29:57

"But it isn't exactly the same..."

Good.

Der_Held55 The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 18:48:39

Please don't use static bonus for specialization.
I can endure the production specialization but not with Hero starts with +X Magic (as example).
Modify it to Hero starts with +X Magic and +1 Magic for each 4th level (correct according to balance).
Static bonuses are one of Heroes 6 lacks.

CuriousOnlooker
March 17, 2015 18:52:41

I'm pretty sure the reason they use a variable (+X instead of +2, for example) is because the bonus /does/ scale according to the hero's level. That's what variables do--they represent a number that can increase or decrease over time.

Der_Held55 The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 18:56:26

Then should be as Hero starts with +X Magic (depends on hero level)

Der_Held55 The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 19:00:20

Even much better Hero starts with +X Magic (and bonus will be increased according to hero level)

CuriousOnlooker
March 17, 2015 19:02:12

But the dependency is implied by the use of X at all. That's just what X means.

Either way, I agree with you that scaling bonuses are what's important here. =)

DrLordMaxi The Mad
March 17, 2015 19:11:15

Yes, the scaling stats sounds better. It forces the player to farm XP instead relying on his/her basic power for the rest of the game...
Also specializing in creatures, spells or abilities makes the game rich in opportunities...

Fox-Warlock The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 19:12:56

I am too seriously concerned about that. If they intention is not make this hero pure rusher, than scaling must take place.

On the other hand if they want him to be exactly hero for rush...

March 18, 2015 12:32:21

Current gameplay issues I see:
* Creature skills - some creatures lack abilities they should have for obvious reasons (Ghost's Incorporeal), some don't any more have skills they've always had (Vampire's No retaliation), Many creatures have the same abilities (Sweep and Piercing Shot)
* Heroes recruitment - Tavern > Hall of Heroes. HoH'd already appeared in H4 and was a terrible idea, I don't understand why was it implemented in H6, I sincerely hope it won't happen again in H7

March 18, 2015 12:32:39

* Heroes specializations - should be more varied and include buffing creatures' stats, improving effects of skills (like +1% to effective spellpower of Light Magic spells per level), giving special bonuses (like +x% magic resistance to all creatures per hero lever, or +x% to exp gain, or cast Haste on all friendly creatures at start of combat). And most importantly shouldn't be static

March 18, 2015 12:32:56

* Level cap - it's a terrible idea on large maps and in campaign, levelling up while not being able to choose more skills cause there are no free slots left seems much better
* Dwellings on world map - Should be one for each creature, not one for each tier.
* Ammo cart - shooters shouldn't have infinite ammo by default, I think that's obvious

March 18, 2015 12:33:04

* Starting armies - I don't know how will it be now, but I fear H6 recycling... Each hero shout have more or less unique starting army to make recruiting hero a more important decision that just choosing a portrait (like Ymoril the Justicar Captain should start with a Justicar or 2 and some Wolves, instead of Crossbowmen and Legionnaires)
* No H5 initiative system - a great step back :/
* I'm sure I forgot about something....

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 18, 2015 12:37:15

In H4 it's still called a Tavern, but it allows you to recruit heroes from other factions as well. The Academy Town-tavern has Academy heroes (obviously), but also Haven and Necropolis. Two other factions are not represented.
H6's system allowed you to only recruit generic heroes, until some enemies were defeated and you could 'take over' their heroes. However, there is an achievement which is obtained after hiring heroes from an x number of different factions, so that is possible too.

March 18, 2015 12:41:44

I meant the way it works, not the name :) But you're right, it was a bit different, now that you reminded me how the one in H6 worked I think H4 was better :f

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 18, 2015 12:43:09

About specializations: We only see a handful of heroes we can recruit, we don't know who the others are and what their specializations will be. Also, 'work in progress' means that there can still be changes here (changes we can suggest, of course).

No level cap eh? I like wandering around with a level 50 hero in H3 xD.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 18, 2015 12:45:36

Great feedback :)

celitonto The Raider
March 18, 2015 12:48:32

H4's system where each faction had its two "friendly factions" (recruitable heroes, spells) was one of the features I loved in H4

March 18, 2015 12:52:30

@Marble
That's why I mention it now :D To point out how important that is and that it should be implemented :)

@celitonto
Yes, it was nice, I generally liked H4 very much despite some of it's flaws. And Tavern with all heroes available at all times in all towns was one of them to me :(

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 18, 2015 12:54:20

"H6's system allowed you to only recruit generic heroes, until some enemies were defeated and you could 'take over' their heroes."

Hm, apparently I was wrong. If I start H6 (with SoD, patch 2.1.1) and play a custom map with a random faction (Haven, Dungeon, whatever), the Hall of Heroes allows me to recruit both generic heroes and heroes from other factions. That Dynasty Trait that allows you to recruit the first generic hero for free is not there for nothing of course.

March 18, 2015 12:59:56

Marblethrone will keep defending dumbass h6 to the death lol

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 18, 2015 13:01:32

@Galaad:

Got a problem with that, bro? :P

March 18, 2015 13:04:00

No one is perfect :P

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
March 18, 2015 13:06:54

@Galaad:

Then it's good that I'm no one :P.

March 18, 2015 13:08:23

lawl

March 18, 2015 13:09:00

Hehe, good one, Marble :D

March 18, 2015 13:11:34

Yeah at least he got some comback^^

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
March 18, 2015 13:56:20

I agree with all Chiasa. For now its just upgraded H6, many things yet needs to be improved/changed to call it H7

Milets The Guardian
March 18, 2015 14:10:43

Agree with almost everthing. +1

rodaff The Dark
March 18, 2015 15:06:28

I agree with everthing Chiasa said

ptrsc The Ancient
March 18, 2015 15:47:00

Well rounded up, Chiasa, even if I don't agree with everything:)

I think I would only add flanking system as it worries me a bit how it will be implemented.

March 18, 2015 16:02:37

Yes, the flanking system worries me a bit, it could prove to be a great innovation or a game-breaking failure.. I can imagine all creatures running in circles during battles just to get the back-stab bonus :D But I'll hold my judgement until I know more about it :)
Imho it would be better if flanking/back-stabbing was a creature ability, so that only units like assassins, bladedancers, rakshasas, justicars etc had it.
But we'll see how it works :)

Antalyan The Ancient
March 19, 2015 15:43:17

I am also worried about the flanking system. Many ideas like this one have already crashed.
And what worries me of course even more: replacing useful and interesting abilities by "flanking ones".

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
March 17, 2015 22:31:26

So hero specializations will be there ? That´s a good news ! However all heroes being linked to a specific class is not good news anymore. It destroys the idea of specializations imo.
The so far mentioned specializations looks boring. Static specializations are not the way to go. Please return specializations based on level, for ex. Wolf unit get +1 attack for every 2 levels of the hero etc. This would be much more interesting.

Krystof looks cool, don´t really like the other portraits tho.

rodaff The Dark
March 17, 2015 23:37:53

March 18, 2015 17:51:09

I hoped for no area of controll, but it has to be there for some for me unknown reason, make it at least less disturbing as in H6 ... 2x2 obelisks at each path is really NOT the correct way of implementing this. Especially as AoC should increase with city size. AoC has its place in games where actually land titles mean something as in Civ or AoW games. In heroes this is only to dump down AI and whole strategy aspect in fact. I am sad that this H6 mechanics was kept.

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 18:04:53

Although I'm not happy with this feature somehow - perhaps due the way it's implemented - they sort of tweaked it a bit so it's not as dreadful as in H6. I don't know where, but somewhere it's been told that if you happen to conquer a mine of an enemy zone, it will produce for you for a little while (is that accurate?). Besides, as you have the option to destroy forts, that zone under the fort's control might be freed of those influences. Really, the rest we can only speculate.

arcanus96 The Dark
March 18, 2015 18:17:02

Sussugamon@:actually the forts you conquer are automatically destroyed and the zone under the fort's control is freed, you have to spend resources to rebuild the fort if you want the area of control back

March 18, 2015 18:17:15

I liked area of controll in AoW where expanding your city gave you boost in morale (=production) if faction specific titles were in city limits and expanding caused you to get controll of some bonus building. It was also ok in settlers7, where there was no growth in AoC, but settlers were primary about economy, simple fighting was actually very well implemented. I just dont see its place in heroes game, it breaks original formula making game something else.

B_WE
March 18, 2015 18:20:03

@logical.dust:
I have to agree... The occupation of just one single fort can lead to loss of much time! Think how difficult it could be to take all mines and all creature-dwellings and then: you forget to secure your ford and all is lost! Heroes I till V were tactically more sophisticated. The idea of the ford is interesting. But please - without the "area of controll".

March 18, 2015 18:27:41

They could make governor special kingdom hero which would be able to build some fortifications/watch towers/traps/title changes of your teritory, making conquering your mines harder, even some adventure spells like "shield mine from conquering for 2 turns". I do not like AoC way of preventing mine conquering at all. :/

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 18:33:16

Thanks, arcanus96.

@logical.dust
I think forts could act indirectly when influencing flagged buildings. For example, attacking direcly a fort would destroy it, like arcanus96 pointed out. A fort, when upgraded - upgrading many times, could improve the area production of resources over flagged mines and also provide a defense of that flagged mine - say, a symbolic number of defending units, similar to those summoning guards in H2.

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 18:34:41

...cont.
When the enemy took a flagged mine, it could still be the enemy, but depending on how upgraded is the fort, production would fall dramatically, like 1-2 units of resource per week. This could motivate one to attack the fort, still making it not so bad if you would simply need few resources at that time.

B_WE
March 18, 2015 18:46:52

@Sussugamon:
That sounds interesting. What do you think about new constructions of forts and towns?
On special places on the adventure-map it could be possible to build a new town or a fort... Of course: That would have its price...

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 18:58:16

@B_WE
I'm inclined to whatever influences we can get on the adventure map rather than only flagging and collecting. If we can build structures, I'm pretty much ok with it, as long as it won't make the game too easy - in other words, if the structures have a balance somehow. Watch towers and roads, as in AoW, are pretty elegant. I'm not too fond of being able to build new towns, though. In Heroes, a town has much more impact than in AoW, for instance.

B_WE
March 18, 2015 19:08:18

@Sussugamon:
Good to hear! I remember Heroes V, when Zehir calls his flying town. That was epic! It would be nice to see again something similar...

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 19:19:43

A Watch tower, for example, could provide vision on an area and, perhaps, any battle happening on its premises could trigger a defensive mechanism. Like shooting arrows (thinking on Age of Empires here) during the battle, similar to tower shooting arrows in siege battles.
Also, building garrisons.

March 18, 2015 23:09:42

@Sussugamon:yes indirect influence seems quite ok if fort/town would be boosting somehow mines production.If enemy also conquers town he gains also bonuses.Capturing mine alone would give him only basic mine output and destroying fort would prevent enemy from gaining bonus mine output,but would not flag mine under your control automaticaly.I think that AoC is implemented just due to pure lazyness of AI programming or not enough budget for it assigned,we can celebrate 36 usefull hero classes thou

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 18, 2015 23:46:11

Yeah. I feel like winning the lottery having all those 36 classes at my disposal. Or I would, if I was going to buy this game, which won't happen.

NataliaDrumeva
March 18, 2015 07:39:09

We need heroes giving bonuses to creatures. If enough people write about that maybe they will give it to us like the random skills.

rodaff The Dark
March 18, 2015 14:59:16

Antonsky The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 20:33:46

So far all those specializations look soooooo boring but at least artwork is great and heroes look unique.

AuroraBorealis9
March 17, 2015 20:38:11

I agree. For me too specializations are really poor right now. It would be better to boost creatures stats, not their weekly growth.

March 17, 2015 20:44:07

Increasing weekly growth isn't bad per se, as long as only few heroes have it, but it makes no sense when they all do :f
Increasing stats/morale/luck/mana pool of one creature type makes things much more interesting, I hope such specialisations will appear.

jshalky The Mighty
March 17, 2015 20:53:37

There can only be 8 heroes with increase growth specialization per faction so lets hope the others are more interesting

rodaff The Dark
March 17, 2015 20:53:39

This specializations are a good start but they can be improved.

Antonsky The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 20:58:52

I hope there are at least 12 heroes per faction so that we will get some diversity.

B_WE
March 17, 2015 22:03:40

With all respect and appreciation: I am astonished, that the might heroes only increase the number of specifically creatures. There are plenty of promising avenues to pursue there! An increase in the energy of life; an increase of magic-resistance; an increase of defense and so on... I hope for more creativity!

B_WE
March 17, 2015 22:07:58

@Antonsky:
Only 12 per faction?? That are only one heroe per heroes-class!! (male/ female heroes / each for might and magic/ Three subgroups) Overall, far too little!

Antonsky The Mysterious
March 17, 2015 22:16:04

I said at least 12. Who says there can't be more :).

March 19, 2015 15:12:07

I feel like posting a rant, but I'm too lazy to do so. So I'll just say I'm very disappointed with the direction development of this game is going, after the outrage at H6 release one could expect that H7 will be a complete opposite. but it all just looks almost the same. It's not Heroes 7 as it has very little in common with previous iterations and nobody's even trying to use what was good in older games, it's H6.2 with slighlty different graphics and 'improved' crap mechanics

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 19, 2015 15:25:23

Not buying H6.2. Hating H6.2. Forever and ever.

rodaff The Dark
March 19, 2015 15:31:52

A slightly improved H6, it's still a bad game.
There's still time for the devs to wake up and make the right changes.

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 19, 2015 15:38:53

Improved H5 would be a better idea.

March 19, 2015 15:48:22

Heh, if it was improved H5 I'd pre-order it without hesitation :D And I haven't pre-ordered since H6..

broui The Ancient
March 19, 2015 16:14:53

Chiasa - heavy on the hyperbole, light on the evidence.

March 19, 2015 16:27:16

Cause I said it's like H6?
Evidence:
*Areas of control
*3 creature tiers
*7 magic schools
*what some of participants of the event in Paris said about skill system
*hero specialisations that we see here
*level cap
*same initiative system as in H6
*no ammo carts
*6 hero classes
*creature dwellings on map that provide all creatures of a tier instead of one creature type
*recycled creature & hero models as well as some world map objects
*creatures without spellbooks
*townscreens
reached word limit

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 19, 2015 16:58:00

Well, I won't buy this game, as I stated. I'm just here checking if I would ever have any hope for the next one. If not, I'll leave this franchise for the time being.

They name a game Heroes of MM, and Heroes seem like the least interesting feature of all - they have very limited lv cap, few diversity (as we can see in those main skills from each classes they presented so far), feel generic. The lv cap is scandalizing. A hero keeps fighting and suddenly won't get more experienced, won't grow...

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
March 17, 2015 22:53:50

All three heroes just increase production? I do hope there will be also heroes that incease the stats of a spell, skill, or creatures.

Sussugamon The Councilor
March 17, 2015 22:58:12

Well, the 'work in progress code' might consider extending benefits over units stats as well. Specially, as I see it, if you are in a map with that hero when you have no Haven town, your specialization will be quite useless, unless you find those units somewhere for hiring and your specialization plays with their stats. If only with creature growth, your hero is just as important as a potato.

March 17, 2015 23:02:35