wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 02, 2015 20:09:02

Ubinox,are you here? If yes,would you answer 2 questions for me please?
-You said that sizes are not final,does that mean there a chance that the heroes and unites on the advanture map will get scaled down?
-Do you plan to fix the heaven town screen? I'm speaking here of the lack of town walls,civil buildings,fields and roads for example. Right now it looks like it is only halfly finished.

EnergyW The Hack
February 04, 2015 11:28:30

Not sure why people ask for 3D townscreens after being TOLD they don't have the money to MAKE them.

Sure, it was a great feature, praised by many. But do you know of other things that made H5 a good game? That being said, 3D is pure aesthetics and there are better things to work on. In other words, to have 3D, they need to improve and do a lot of things before they can work on 3D, for it is optional. And I approve.

However, what I do not approve of their statement townscreens aren't important.

GrayMatters The Magnificient
February 04, 2015 11:48:22

Why can't I upvote this post more? This shit is ridiculous seriously

I can't tell if it is really that heavy to make, but I myself definitively prefer a good 2D town screen with animations (smoke, water, movements, ...) than a 3D one. I do hope it is not just a fix image.

And I can't fully understand why someone would ask for that, when time and resources would be better spend in creating more neutral creatures, new map buildings, spells or even more maps.

Runcorn The Guardian
February 04, 2015 12:06:00

I don't have problem with 2D townscreens, BUT still 3D ones are better in my opinium and I just think it's a higher level of the game...

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 04, 2015 12:21:06

I agree on most parts. H5 advanced the heroes games quite some in the visual department and 2d just feels like a step backwards. I mean, i'ts not like they're that a small studio. And i still can't agree the decision keeping the square-grid in the battlemaps. For example, look at heroes-online. Use hexmaps and has asymmetrical battlefields. So much better battlemaps then ever before. I can even back down on the 3D townscreens if they do the hex.

Sussugamon The Councilor
February 04, 2015 15:05:24

EnergyW, finally someone that speaks sense.

@Neidhaart
It's not a step backwards. Stepping backwards is when you are doing things you don't need for the sake of showing that you can do, but you don't have any other reason or purpose on that. That's a problem with many 'modern' games. But sometimes, something smartly designed comes fort, like the game Child of Light. It's a beautiful looking game, but it is plataform-like built. It was necessary making controls 3D and stuff. That was smart. =D

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 02, 2015 18:57:07

The visuals looks absolutley amazing, i have to say it's the best so far yet in the HoMM-series.

And then BLAM! A 2.5D screen totally ruining it all.

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 02, 2015 18:59:34

I man, c'mon! Imagine having the camera fly-by around that glorius dragon in an immersive 3d townscreen while some absolutley amazing music is playing.

Artifix_Prime
February 02, 2015 20:17:22

There is a possibillity that a patch for townscreens will be released as it was with H6. Those popup windowed townscreens were... bad and confusing

baltarog
February 04, 2015 03:00:27

Something I really want in Heroes
( this may be spam but I really want the dev to see this. Maybe respond to my comment so I wont annoy you anymore :P )

I want to see the combat of my allies friends. waiting online for your friend to finish they combat turn is pretty long.

From my point off views this feature should not be that hard to make. ( Maybe I am wrong. Im just a gamer )
But I think everyone would enjoy this feature

Thanks you and as always, have a nice day !

baltarog
February 04, 2015 03:03:24

PS: this will be the last time I will post this Idea because it the third time I Share this thought. I dont want to be a spammer.

Thanks you and as always, have a nice day !

Niwroc The Ancient
February 04, 2015 04:46:07

That would be good. If nothing else its a way for you not to have to keep another game open either on your computer or phone to avoid being bored when your ally is fighting a big battle.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
February 04, 2015 06:25:19

Yes, this. Playing as allies online is much more fun if u can see the allies battles. Been hoping for this feature a long time :)

TinyPurple The Kreegan
February 04, 2015 07:00:02

Great idea. first time i see your suggestion, just goes to show you should continue spamming. it worked for other people.

btw, you can add chat during the fight and give advice :D

kloklodyta1992 The Dark
February 04, 2015 10:41:51

Create this in Homm 7 and i will clean your shoes for 2 months :D

Pux123 The Triumphant
February 04, 2015 11:13:53

3D. 3D at all costs. 3D in spite of all budgets. 3D no matter how long and hard the road may be.

Runcorn The Guardian
February 04, 2015 11:14:23

Yeah, I just reinstalled H5, 'cause of that nostalgy ... ^^

Mirash_ge The Dragon
February 04, 2015 11:42:43

Let there be fire, Let the Fires ! Do not care about balance and gameplay !
3D 3D 3D 3D 3D ....))

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 04, 2015 12:16:49

That's what i keept saying. 3D ts from h5 and the asymmetrical battlemaps from mm-online has been some of the best innovations(ish) parts in the heroes-franchise in a long time.

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 04, 2015 18:44:58

You don't care about gameplay?
Isn't it what game is for?

Mirash_ge The Dragon
February 04, 2015 18:56:53

@ JedynyHex this is sarcasm \ for particularly hard-nosed 3D 3 D 3 D eee Wau bububu ...

violetcoffee
February 03, 2015 18:07:17

Battle view is very poor. :( Please, DONT FIX THE CAMERA. Fixed camera was one of the things that made H6 unplayable for me. And this time, battle view looks even more unclear than in H6!

February 03, 2015 18:12:44

Or make it like in H5: You can choose.

Pux123 The Triumphant
February 03, 2015 18:13:53

Don't fix it in battle and don't fix it on map. Additional lock can be available, but forcing isn't nice!

violetcoffee
February 03, 2015 18:18:33

Ok, or make it optional.
Fixed view works perfectly for 2D plan, but in 3D it is quite annoying for some players, especially when the view is unclear like this.

February 03, 2015 18:20:16

Well it was optional in H5 and H6 was all about REMOVING stuff remember?
I'm all in favor for optional features in that game, tastes differ to much from gen to gen.

February 03, 2015 17:55:01

Sometimes, I just feel no one (apart a few exceptions) in this blog have played Heroes of Might and Magic titles prior to Ubisoft.

Taranri The Mysterious
February 03, 2015 18:02:08

I guess we are in the minority nowadays.

February 03, 2015 18:03:39

Since most old-timers are, unlike me, either too polite to comment here or too proud to create Uplay account, I fear for the franchise's future.

ptrsc The Ancient
February 03, 2015 18:03:45

The fact that we played other HoMM games does not imply that we must have the same opinion on the games as you.

February 03, 2015 18:04:17

@ptrsc: I agree. And with you I can debate, unlike other people here.

wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 18:07:34

Many here have played them,we just have different opinions and experiances,remember,there are some who prefer H4 over H3. Playing the same doesn't make you think the same.

February 03, 2015 18:13:19

@wasd: which is basically what ptrsc said. I don't think people should need to justify themselves.

EmynonAred The Guardian
February 03, 2015 18:15:10

I started with HoMM 2.
Played all parts except MMH6 and still think that HoMM5 is the best part.
In fact it is an upgrade of HoMM3.
Of course there are still things which were made better in HoMM3 but game mechanism itself (for me with the campaign the most important part) was best in HoMM5.
And HoMM 5 also has the duel-mode!

Blackfyre_ The Mysterious
February 03, 2015 18:17:43

thats sadly true

February 03, 2015 18:18:14

@EmynonAred: I agree yet disagree. H5 had more advanced gameplay to some extent (skillwheel, racials) but the atmosphere suffered a lot, again IMO. I miss the fairytale aura from NWC's era.

wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 18:22:52

EmynonAredYes,but what i wanted to point out is that H3 is the most legendary piece of the franchise and H4 has so many haters,yet there are some who prefere it over The One Great Legend.

February 03, 2015 18:27:38

H4 focused too much on the RPG aspect. HOMM is FIRST and FOREMOST a TBS. One of the last survivors actually. I really thought it was the end after H6.
So while some people might like H4, this is game is not much representative of the franchise.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
February 03, 2015 18:31:49

@GalaadleHaut:

"I don't think people should need to justify themselves"

Does that, by default, absolve me of the need to justify my 'love' for H6?

celitonto The Raider
February 03, 2015 18:33:39

My first one was H4, I spent hundreds of hours wandering through the maps and being accompanied by enchanting music. Asylum was the best, tons of memories. Later I was introduced to H3 and also spend hundred of hours bud H4 has special place in my heart :-}

February 03, 2015 18:34:00

Haha Marble well, I know a few, a VERY few, who enjoyed H6. To me the main problem in H6 is that, well, aside battles, there is not much. Is child's play.

February 03, 2015 18:35:03

I understand people who like H4. Best campaigns, some of the best music as well. Adventure map looked very nice too.

RobvD84 The Mad
February 03, 2015 18:35:23

That is true, but it is also what i liked the most about H4. That is also why i got into the Warlords Battlecry series.

February 03, 2015 18:36:12

Not to mention town buildings, alternative creatures and economy, H4 had a lots of qualities.

RobvD84 The Mad
February 03, 2015 18:41:22

Also don't forget that not everyone speaks English that good (English is not my native tongue) and that some ppl might not be that good in expressing themselves.

February 03, 2015 18:47:14

I'm not a native english speaker neither, and I believe I express myself pretty roughly here.

RobvD84 The Mad
February 03, 2015 18:51:57

Yes but not everybody does. This would not have been a problem if this site had a forum. Hint hint!!

Antikouras The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 19:44:01

o dont think so. i think at least half of the community palyed 1 ore more old heroes

Niwroc The Ancient
February 03, 2015 21:19:50

I started with H3 and have played every one since.

njsfigo The Raider
February 03, 2015 17:15:57

looking nice so far. Just a bit worried about the "tactical" view. The game looks nice if camera is tilted, zoomed, etc. But most of the time, default camera rules because I'm playing a strategy game and I want to see the overall situation. I think blending wood resources, for example, with other logs is nice and organic. But in the end, I don't want to spend too much effort finding objects behind cliffs, trees, etc. H3 is nice example of easy to plan tactical view, even with simple graphics.

February 03, 2015 17:17:22

YEP Classical HoMM view all the way bro

Cosadj The Councilor
February 03, 2015 17:24:18

Wise words indeed good sir.

Ekohippi
February 03, 2015 13:28:38

How is it that you can afford great models in town battles, but townscreens look so bad and they are in horrible cartoon style 2d that looks nothing like everything else? You would have had 30-40% of 3d-townscreen models done in town battles, siege battles and adventure maps building models!! You making new models for 2d for whole town took the same amount of work as you would have needed for making the rest 60% in 3d! The 3d-buildings look way better than your buildings in cartoon 2d-screen!

Tarragon
February 03, 2015 13:53:53

No, they dont, I prefer a nice 2d screen, looks just better, is timeless (H3 screens still are the most beautiful), and the overview is much better (hated the h5 screens)

Milets The Guardian
February 03, 2015 15:09:26

Agree! 3d townscreen would be better!

Thranduilll The Mysterious
February 03, 2015 16:37:58

2D or 3D, it should be just nice while this townscreen looks terrible. It's like a joke.

Articun The Wanderer
February 02, 2015 19:32:10

Can't believe i'm doing this...

PLEASE FIX THE TOWN SCREENS
#PFTS

kameleon07
February 02, 2015 19:39:29

C'mon stop spamming. They probably won't change town screens and btw they doesn't look that bad imo.

adambjpoole
February 02, 2015 19:55:56

It looks terrible. At the very least, it looks like it is from a different game. Looks nothing like the Haven town from the adventure map or from the battle map. And this would be spamming if it were brought up in a post that didn't show the townscreen. It is pretty damn relevant here.

Articun The Wanderer
February 02, 2015 22:09:13

It would be spamming if i kept posting it again and again and posting it as a reply to almost every post etc.

As it is and i do quote myself "I can't believe i am doing this" i am actualy doing it because fans were ablw to come up with better more realistic versions of these Town Screens and we have been, as fans, demanding better Town screens for some time now. And still the developers keep using this one.

I mean, how do you enter the cathedral?

February 02, 2015 18:59:52

This graphic is amazing, Map, units, heores, details...

Well, Townscreens suck, still, Why?!

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 02, 2015 19:04:17

Because they're not 3d.

slim-lim
February 02, 2015 19:14:03

If they arent going for 3D, they need to at least turn the art work into something more realistic, maybe make it darker and detailed similar to heroes 3

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 04, 2015 16:03:12

I'm starving for some news and you? :P

Sempai_Mur The Dark
February 04, 2015 16:04:57

Ye, needa something significant which will start some rage threads. 8)

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 04, 2015 16:07:29

And shot down gender discusions. :)

Mirash_ge The Dragon
February 04, 2015 16:52:53

I have lost the function "biography."For me is very important news ))

mErEnEfErEee The Furious
February 04, 2015 16:55:20

News? Did you know the game is going to have scorpicores creature?

Sempai_Mur The Dark
February 04, 2015 17:02:07

That was the reward for achieving 27-th lvl. :D

RobvD84 The Mad
February 04, 2015 18:30:34

Well i am all for an art contest. It think it could greatly help them.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
February 04, 2015 19:14:47

In his biography, I wanted to write, how to survive in the world of Trolls to 27 level ))

Mirash_ge The Dragon
February 04, 2015 19:23:53

option number 2 in English ))
In my biography wanted to show you how to live up to level 27 in World of Trolls

Articun The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 20:38:05

To those yelling that Phoenix is not fit for Sylvan:
In Egypt the phoenix is depicted as a Giant Blue bird that arrives from the heavens once every 500 or 1500 years nests in the great Obelisk and lights himself in fire so that the new phoenix can be born portraying the continuation of life and nature.
In China, The Feng Huang is the king of all birds and consort to the dragons, slayer of snakes and also the embodiment of high virtue and grace, but also of harmony.
Let the battles commence

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 20:44:10

In ashan the phoenix ks a flaming bird which burns whatever touches
+trees!

February 03, 2015 20:51:51

Phoenix fits better Sylvan than Green Dragon. Anyone who speaks against it is an heretic. :P

RobvD84 The Mad
February 03, 2015 20:52:08

@Light where the hell did you get that? It is so not true. A Phoenix burns only those that it wants to burn. So trees and forrests are safe.

Najakir The Kreegan
February 03, 2015 20:52:41

No need to restart this discussion. Phoenix is a sylvan unit. It always be except in H6 (when there was no sylvan). It's embodiment of life and life belong to sylvan. It's the symbole of Asha, who is worship by all people in Ashan, including elves...

February 03, 2015 20:53:43

Too bad it was not in Rampart though. :P

Chiasa The Mad
February 03, 2015 20:55:19

It seems I've missed this discussion, so I have to ask: why would it be wrong to have Phoenix in Sylvan? :o I think it perfectly fits the faction

Articun The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 20:56:08

Yup Light, unfortunately, Phoenix seen as a mere firebird is wrong, and i know all it's adaptations in heroes Games. Don;t forget though that even nature has to sometimes be destroyed for something new. Phoenixes are not always blazing as seen in Heroes 3, or flamed chickens as Heroes 4, or even a combo of Dragon/bird thing as seen in heroes V. That's a misconception by the developers.
In heroes VI they tried to fix that. Phoenix was made as sacred being to Asha having the qualities i mentioned

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 20:57:24

Phoenix doesn't belong to sylvan!
And they lost the vote so...
I were a deep strenght of the forest fan but i changed my vote to syllana's fury to earth's perfect balance loose!And not only me!The half of strenght's fans!

Articun The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 20:57:37

They did add him in the conflux though ;)
Along with all the elementals as forces of Nature and the current world. And they did have tied with elves. The Conflux main hero Gelu was a half elf after all :P

Najakir The Kreegan
February 03, 2015 20:58:30

The phoenix burn to reborn, that's why his design has flame. Just, it's the fire of life ;-)

February 03, 2015 20:58:38

Phoenix is iconic to Sylvan. Only Ashan disgraced it. "We" had a chance to give him his former glory back, but well ...

February 03, 2015 20:59:18

People voted for Blade dancer and Deer, lol

Articun The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 20:59:45

I didn't even know that the Bluish color of Phoenix in heroes VI might be a reference to Egyptian Phoenix honestly.
But i could have seen such potential with snake slayer :P (greater damage against dragons and Hydras maybe? :P )

Again, the phoenix ain't a ball of fire flying about and blazing everything

February 03, 2015 21:05:26

People had disgraceful speechs about Phoenix back in the voting days.

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 21:05:48

Najakir,najakir,najakir!
I have a question,only you and I know what phoenix is?
The peonix rises from his ashes and he is from flame!

Articun The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 21:08:53

Really, i fear that people that voted for Fury and people like Light are gonna one day make the phoenix a part of Fortress because and i quote "rises from his ashes and he is from flame" and i add "Arkath is flame, so phoenix is son/daughter of Arkath" and then Jem will go on about making the Phoenix female or male or asexual or whatever

Najakir The Kreegan
February 03, 2015 21:11:09

LightAcatarX : I'm quite good at mythology (and already heard about the blue phoenix). In many mythology, flame are not destructive but a symbol of life. That's why, when he feel he will die, he burn his nest and is renew as a younger bird. So considering that he will only burn what he dislike is perfectly logical.

Chiasa The Mad
February 03, 2015 21:11:14

You know Light, Phoenix does rise form it's ashes, but to burn trees it would have to do it all the time :D
And like Articun mentioned, it's quite a pity that in previous games the creature was depicted as a burning chicken.

Sussugamon The Councilor
February 03, 2015 21:12:01

If the game is not going to use Phoenix as a Sylvan unit, at least make it a spell, a summoning beneficial spell over all allied units.

And, for the sake of this discussion, also see Phoenixes as Sylvan units.

Anemesis The Raider
February 03, 2015 21:21:16

Sylvan without phoenix feels like something is missing, they fit the faction much better than dragons (also hello colour variety)
For people saying 'but phoenixes are on fire they'll burn down the forest!' don't dragons breathe fire?

Najakir The Kreegan
February 03, 2015 21:25:03

Well I also like green dragon. And becaus green dragon is a walker, the choice between phoenix and green dragon would probably have been more intresting... but we'll see...

RobvD84 The Mad
February 03, 2015 23:07:42

The reason why the Phoenix was not wanted was because everyone was telling others it would burn the forrest and that it looked too much like magic birds, wich was in the end both not true. Especially since it was silver and gold (moon and sun). Also i never understood why ppl chose deer over Unicorn.

February 04, 2015 00:47:16

Indeed, at day one it seemed obvious to me that the fight would be between Strength and Balance. Unexpectedly (for me at least), Fury won.

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 19:43:30

Quiz time

Who was he/she who made a deal with the darkest of all dragon,to save his/her dragon-god/ness people and he/she had four childrens and one of them was the hope of this faction to it's end?

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 19:44:05

I know it's kinda difficult...
But you asked me for it ;)

wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 03, 2015 19:44:35

Raelag/Agrael?

Chiasa The Mad
February 03, 2015 19:47:14

queen Tuidhana? :)

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 19:48:28

Remember the results tommorow!

BidiSupreme The Magnificient
February 03, 2015 19:51:07

Of course Tuidhana...

Cosadj The Councilor
February 03, 2015 19:51:57

That would be Cate of the griphyn, right?

BidiSupreme The Magnificient
February 03, 2015 19:57:00

Very interesting this idea with '' quiz time''. Do you post one everyday?

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 20:01:36

Yeap!
This is the third one!The first three winners will have rewards!
The first an artwork,the second a poem and the third...I haven't think!

Also every day there are a lot of my times like poem time and story time!

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 20:01:36

Yeap!
This is the third one!The first three winners will have rewards!
The first an artwork,the second a poem and the third...I haven't think!

Also every day there are a lot of my times like poem time and story time!

BidiSupreme The Magnificient
February 03, 2015 20:04:55

You are truly a devoted member of the shadow council :)

Minastir The Guardian
February 03, 2015 20:05:13

This time it is Cate ;)

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 03, 2015 20:09:46

@supreme

@minastir
"I don't think anyone has cheated because your quizes are very easy"
Well what do you think now?
Is Cate?You will learn tomorow!

Najakir The Kreegan
February 03, 2015 20:53:48

Yep Thuidanna. ;-)

ptrsc The Ancient
February 03, 2015 17:14:25

Is the entire game going to be as bright as in these screenshots? If so then I'll have to tone down brighntess & gamma quite a bit to get the right feel...

On a sidenote: the city's called Arkham? Then it's good that the faction is not Asylum... It is quite fitting tho, the townscreen is rather insane. -_-

February 03, 2015 17:16:26

Is already much less flashy than h6, but it could be toned down a bit more I agree.
Yes maybe developers are fan of Batman. Let's hope they are TRUE Batman fans though :P

Thranduilll The Mysterious
February 03, 2015 17:28:01

Wisak The Guardian
February 03, 2015 18:09:13

The reference is to lovecraft, not Batman. :)

Pux123 The Triumphant
February 03, 2015 18:19:44

You must have too bright settings. Bright/saturated settings are often as default on newish screens. Really, those pictures use colours calmly. Much brightness is only in the 4th shot, where it is realistic.

February 03, 2015 18:52:07

Fuck realistic in a fantasy game.

GrayMatters The Magnificient
February 03, 2015 11:29:05

While I quite like the overall look and atmosphere of the adventure map, I find it a little to "dry". I miss the "Christmas tree" effect of old Heroes3, where the screen seemed full of lights, sparks and glitter with chests, gold and magic buildings.

Here it seems the accent is more on the nature/surroundings. Fine by me, as long as I don't have to take 3 turns to walk in an empty map to pick one mine or resource. I fear there is less to do in a turn, which can slow the general game flow