Tokusatsu The Mad
January 30, 2015 17:07:55

Blog Update announced... People happy!
Blog update postponed... People sad!
Heroes 3 HD announced... People happy!
Poor Academy Townscreen...People sad!
Random Skills optional... Happy!
Poor Haven Townscreen... Sad!
Six Heroes classes per Faction... Happy!
Ctrl+C H6 Necropolis Elites... Sad!
Academy Update... Happy!
No Necro Line-Up change... Sad!
Devs studying minor changes in Necro creatures... Happy!
No news update today... Sad!
Necro update soon... Happy!

You devs like to torture us... =P

Tokusatsu The Mad
January 30, 2015 17:09:36

And YES! Although English is not my native language, I like a H7-IRC channel

SpiresJRH The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:22:00

Tokusatsu, this might just be the best Shadow Council comment ever. ii desu ne :-)

GlaciusVanThom The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:31:53

No problem they are people :-P
Now update today update next week update update when will be update :-D

Thranduilll The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:53:22

I wonder if we still have a chance for decent townscreens T_T

January 30, 2015 20:30:09

In my opinion, Devs would be glad for more time to develop game in its every aspects, better townscreens, designing all new models by themselves.But if Ubisoft is pushing them to release it at exact date (as early as possible, because they want their money back, as soon as possible) and not giving them bigger budget to hire more people they wont be able to satisfy us, fans and it will meet similar fate as H6. I believe devs would like to make this game the best Heroes ever.

January 30, 2015 20:34:03

Its their work, their passion, they are building the name upon their products... But for producers, Ubi, its more interesting selling games in short period of time to increase their sale. They dont care much about fans. Thas why they did H3 HD without datadisks, to sell them later, separatly and earn more money for them.

January 30, 2015 20:35:27

*Without expansions, sorry for mistakes, damn edit button, this forum definitly needs it, and more words...

EnergyW The Hack
January 30, 2015 20:35:46

y=sin(x), where x is the number of the blog, while y the amount of pleasure it brings, whether positive or negative.

Blake00
January 31, 2015 07:24:49

Can already predict the next one:

Poor Necro Townscreen... Sad!

wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 02, 2015 16:13:49

STOP THAT FRICKIN' GENDER SHIT ALREADY! It takes me half an hour just to scroll over that crap! I can't even ignore it becoulse 19 out of 20 posts are about this shit. JUST STOP!

February 02, 2015 16:21:01

I agree. Is not even game-related. If there are feminist quota or whatever the shit is about, use another fora than a gaming one.

Minastir The Guardian
February 02, 2015 16:25:40

the funny thing is that now people are saying 'stop replying to Jeremiah' 'I can't stand Jeremiah' which always turns into another gender discussion, those comments are making more and more gender talk, everybody just should Stop talking anything that can even cause gender discussion

Sussugamon The Councilor
February 02, 2015 16:28:35

The problem with asking to stop is that the subject ends up reappearing. Thing to do is to ignore, if there's nothing else to take meaning from it.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
February 02, 2015 16:32:40

Point taken ;)

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 02, 2015 17:05:58

Just stop it!
The gender wars end here!
I will do whetever I can to stop it!

kartelis The Dark
February 02, 2015 17:19:44

cfk you wasd ignorant bastard

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
February 02, 2015 17:25:36

Galaad, perhaps I'm mistaken, but why does it sound like you're blaming feminists for the gender arguments? It's only JeremiahEmo, who clearly has so much bitterness and resentment towards women, who won't stop spamming the subject no matter how much he annoys everyone.

Cleglaw The Councilor
February 02, 2015 18:22:08

@wasd1200

this is the main reason i login less. as long as jeremiah not get banned, or we are not able to ignore him, this shit will continue just like that.

and some retards even get effected by that mad guy. anyways, i dream a place to post WHERE WE ACCTUALLY HAVE A MODERATOR.

RobvD84 The Mad
February 02, 2015 19:17:04

I don't really get effected by him, i just find it odd that ppl call him a sexist while he just wanted to protect something, just like the necro shit. But it got turned around by OTHER ppl and made it about gender, and by then the sexist crap surficed. Also a lot of ppl got blinded in the end and only began reading what they wanted to read (mostly because they got so upset and annoyed by it that it was hard for them to see anything else.

RobvD84 The Mad
February 02, 2015 19:22:59

Look i wont say Jeremaih is a saint. Yes hes gone too far sometimes, but so have a few other ppl.
I hope this is the last thing i have to say about all this. I tried to stay out of this as much as possible. But some ppl have been fishing all the time. Don't know if it is for likes or if it is for trying to get a reaction out of Jeremiah.

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
February 01, 2015 10:56:41

Does anyone else think that H6 went too heavy on the dragon gods theme for the storyline? I feel that it should be done away with or only have minimalist mention like it did in Heroes 5 at the most. Otherwise you get storylines that become "I'm fighting you because my god is opposite to yours" which is boring and lazy story-telling and frankly, over-used. You see it in so many TV shows and movies these days that people start to confuse fantasy with reality.

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
February 01, 2015 10:56:48

They should develop stories about journeys, redemptions, self-discovery, etc. Heroes 2, 3 and 4 had far more interesting stories than H5 + H6 did because you felt like you could be that person who the campaign was about. In heroes 5 + 6 I just felt like I was controlling some random.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
February 01, 2015 10:59:24

I agree, the most intrresting campaigns in H6 were Sandros and Crag Hacks. They should keep that up, take inspiration from H4-campaigns. Personal stories about individuals, let the dragon gods framme the world instead.

Neidhaart The Magnificient
February 01, 2015 11:12:17

I agree, even if the lore is important, you feel much more connected if the stories revolve around the characters on a more personal level then that "my god is better then your god!"

RobvD84 The Mad
February 01, 2015 12:37:00

Vain campaign was interessting too, but the only thing i did not like was that it still was about anastasya, one of the most boring characters from H6. And annoying too.

February 01, 2015 12:59:24

Khan, you genius. You've just given me inspiration for my storyline.

B_WE
February 01, 2015 15:20:20

In Heroes 6 the animation of the creatures impressed me very much; but the story-line disappoind me! Angels speaking like politicians - in the world of Heroes 3 unimaginable! An angel can speak without any words!!! The idea to combine humans and angels is crude! I really hope, that Heroes 7 resurrect the holy aura...
For the story-line: The perception of a council seems interresting, i see reasons, that the dragon gods theme will not stand in the center...

Thranduilll The Mysterious
February 01, 2015 15:46:32

January 31, 2015 10:07:42

@mediczero
you seem to be ignoring this:
same logic as feminist quota

consider you're the sole interviewer.
You have interviewed 30 people. 15 of which are male, 15 are female.
You are to hire 10 of them.
You have this feminist quota of having at least 5 women in your company as new hires.

Now, you're missing out on the 5 men. Your input?

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 10:12:40

Yuo posted that just mere seconds before I posted my reply.

In this case there is one thig to consider. The female mind does work differently than the male, and unless it is a buisness based on physical work the imput the females can give that the males can could be more useful than what the males could do. In this case the best solution would be to not hire equally, but based on what the boss in the case value the most useful. the skills of the men or the imput from the females...

KhanOfSlaughter The Conqueror
January 31, 2015 10:25:17

"Unfortunately, 10 of the males happen to be the most competitive while the most competitive woman isn't nearly as good as the 10th most competitive male."

That does not exist despite your conspiracy theories. The fact that you think it does shows that you're sexist.

January 31, 2015 10:29:00

@mediczero
hmm.. ok, makes sense... for people-oriented jobs.
It's not just physical work wherein you need both genders' opinion.
Engineering or anything technical doesn't require both gender's opinion and these are heavy intellectual jobs.
Basically, any object-oriented job.

Do you agree that feminist affirmative action shouldn't be applied in these kinds of jobs?

Just a note, War is based on physical work. Therefore, no need to gender-bend creatures.

January 31, 2015 10:36:10

@KhanOfSlaughter
what does not exist Khan? Feminist affirmative action?
I'd gladly provide you proof if you'll ask for it.

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 10:36:56

It varies. The point is that you can't say that the majority of the one gender is the perfect solution. Sometimes a woman can prove to be superior any males to one job, other times not.

But the true problem is you amounth of completely offtopic bullshit everybody hates you for.

Quetzatoul The Kreegan
January 31, 2015 10:38:27

What feminist quota? The bulk of units in the Heroes series have been (and still is) male.
Can't you handle a little diversity?

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 10:42:17

God, I had a feeling darkness was in the air. Jeremiah, you know, this is getting really old. Your arguments has no bearing in a fantasy setting. Take the Justicar for example. Your arguing that a woman can't have that physical strength and therefore its gender bending. Now, its explained through lore why they are female. They go through special training. In a world with flying magical dragons and artifacts that can destroy the world, gender is never an issue. And druids are "mages", case closed

January 31, 2015 10:44:17

@mediczero
I love how you try to twist my words.
I never said one gender is perfectly the best solution for the job, I said the 10 men happens to be the best. Since you have your feminist quota to fill, you'll miss out on the 5. Kinda unfair for the 5 too because they were dismissed because the company decided to hire based on gender.

@Quazecolt
the problem is not the number of males and females but the fact that some of the women are forced just to fill quotas. It destroys creativity.

Quetzatoul The Kreegan
January 31, 2015 10:45:01

Igelkolnikov is spot on.

Quetzatoul The Kreegan
January 31, 2015 10:46:15

How are they forced?

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 10:48:24

Jeremiah, A company that hires based on genders is stupid, especially if they dismisses the one gender as being to weak to be useful for anything...But while you seems to only consier their competabillity, while I would consider their full potential.

January 31, 2015 10:51:02

@mediczero
so medic, I'll go back to my original question.

Do you think feminist affirmative action is useless?

In people-oriented jobs, they'll hire based on what's best for the company anyway. The input of both genders is part of it. So, the company will adopt. It's the same as Heroes 5's factions. H5 Dungeon is a matriarchal society, therefore, the lineup adjusted to such.

Now, if you talk about H6 or H7 (so far), they have to have at least 2 in every faction, which is like fem quota.

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 10:53:39

But the true question is, why do you think having atleast X number females in each lineups is bad. Personally I think ti challanges the devs to be much more creative with both creature choices and designs. I'll glad give an exsample on why I think so...

January 31, 2015 10:57:41

@Igelkolnikov
yes, and the explanation wasn't logical.
The lore was that a sexist queen removed men from the job and replaced them with women simply for the sake of gender.

Also, my issue with them is that they're stronger than Cavalier and Sentinels, which is improper in nature.

And while I agree, it is a fantasy setting, the logic is as stupid as having no gravity in Ashan, giving all humans one eye, one ear. See my point? It might be fantasy but it still has elements of the real world.

Quetzatoul The Kreegan
January 31, 2015 10:59:32

Jeremiah is once again arguing that fantasy should be realistic.

January 31, 2015 11:02:00

@medic
you have two conflicting views here:
"hires based on genders is stupid"
"X number of females in a lineup is not bad"

so, which really is it medic?

January 31, 2015 11:05:09

@Quetzatoul
try learning how to read

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 11:05:13

Because I don't see them to be the same case. The one is about a fantasy video game, the toher is about the real world. You are proving how stupid you are by thinking that those cases should be treated in the same way...

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 11:05:52

@JeremiahEmo
No she fought for greater equality in a system ruled only by men, thats sexist. But as you fight for the preservation of patriarchal structures in society i can understand that you would find that unsettling. It is not improper in nature, because they set their own rules. The justicars are an elite unit, trained as such. Simple as that. If you would put a regular guy in a wrestling match with an elite woman wrestler that dedicated her life to the sport. She would win in both worlds.

Tommy_Merlyn
January 31, 2015 11:07:30

What Jeremiah said makes sense. I am against these gender quotas. I'd rather have it like H5.

January 31, 2015 11:16:04

@Igelkolnikov
give me women, not just a few women but a battalion of women who die in front lines in the same rate as men and I'd be convinced of the Justicars.
Also, Cavaliers and Sentinels are not just regular guys. These are guys receiving training as well. Wrestling is the worst example you can choose from with your case because I'm in to wrestling. From what I observed, girls will start having a hard time beating boys that they have more experienced on after puberty.

January 31, 2015 11:18:17

and Cavaliers and Sentinels are men, not 14 year olds.

@mediczero
Actually, it's the same logic.
Also, to answer your "it challenges devs to be creative" argument.
I think you mean, it challenges devs to be creative based on your own ideology.
Like the feminist affirmative action, this gives unnecessary weight to the ones doing it.
I thought you said gender is unnecessary.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
January 31, 2015 11:21:00

fire fire fire
water water water

Ekohippi
January 31, 2015 11:22:41

Medic how is it that every time you argue you can bring real world matters effecting fantasy, but others can't? You say vampires need armor because it's realistic so you forfeit fantasy there for rl. Here you forfeit rl to bring fantasy. With some unit/faction discussion yesterday rl was once again open. It makes you seem like total brat Who thinks world revolves around you. Get real and accept that you lost the arguement when jeremiah cornered you. Saying that's not fair makes u look like brat

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 11:25:19

Jeremiah, what I may a said isn't important, listen to what I says. If the devs truely are great, they will challange themselves to make a game better than all the previous games. It wouldn't weight them down if they knows how to do it right. But the only way they truely can make the game as great as possible isn't to be brave and ignorre the feminist, or to challange themselves, it is to listen to the ideas that helps them make the game great and not all of this gender bull****, so shut up!

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 11:27:43

Sorry ekopessimist, but I have first lost when I accept my defeat, and it isn't time for that yet.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 11:31:46

@JerimiahEmo
But, thats just what they have done? The justicars are on the front line, dying? Your making no sense, as usual. Wrestling is a perfect example, as is fencing, arm-wrestling, gunning, archery, karate and all other sports and activities that require a lot of training. A regular guy against a full blown female pro will lose, in both worlds. And stop faking accounts to up-vote your own posts. Thats just sad and patethic.

Ekohippi
January 31, 2015 11:37:44

Lol you are 1 of those always screaming about genders and need for females. Last time with necro you wanted vampire turned female so we would have ghost, spider and vampire females and Only uncle fester as male, how would that make faction better? In 0 ways! You ever notice also how you throw your hissy fit when you lose like here you suddenly went how all this gender Talk is Bull**** telling others to shut up? If you wanna be taken seriously you might want to work on that issue!

January 31, 2015 11:42:55

@Ekohippi
medic is all about her personal bias. Anyone who follows her posts that's not a feminist can see through her. Ramborusina massacred her in a debate the other day.

@mediczero
I can't understand your post. You must be using google translator?
Are you saying the gender thing is bull*** and doesn't matter right after you told me devs should be challenged with being given a quota of X number of females per faction?

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 11:45:41

Know why I find the female vampire to be a good idea? It is a very classic unit, and I believe that having a female design for it in just one heroes game would be something new and fresh. But something differently is all of this gender bull****! I'm sick of jeremiah and all those that agrees with him! All I want is to close off this topic once and for all...

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 31, 2015 11:50:00

Jeremiah, what Im' saying is that the devs is great if they can challenge themselves and succed, but the only way they can be even greater is to not give a **** about stupid stuff like this enternal gender discussion. I'm going to boycott you...

January 31, 2015 11:50:15

@Igelkolnikov
I love how you dismiss all my up voters as my account. I normally don't care but just for the fun of seeing you squirm, can you prove that these up voters are me?

Also, like I said, Cavaliers and Legionnaires are not regular guys. They are TRAINED men.
Very few women can keep up with men in sports. It's why men and women's sports are divided. The mightiest women will even have a hard time competing with average trained men. That's just how it is.

RobvD84 The Mad
January 31, 2015 11:59:34

Hell no, stop with the genderbending. I have nothing against woman, but i absolutely don't want a female vampire. What is going to come next? A beauty contest for Miss Might & Magic?
Sorry i am joking a bit, but i am serious about the vampire, altho he already is starting to look like a female with those big lips and long hair. Man i can't understan why someone would like this vampire.

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 12:01:33

@JeremiahEmo
I might be wrong ofc, but feel confident enough. But proof I have none, how do you suggest I collect that? Im not a developer you know. The justicars just have more training, of a different kind. So they are better in Ashan, perhaps even with divine favor or special weaponry. Equaly trained men and woman dont compete together no, because men are ysically stronger in general yes. But in this case they are mot equally trained and female are stronger as such.

January 31, 2015 12:01:59

@mediczero
LoL. You're going to boycott me? Come to think of it, I've done it to you unconsciously.
Anyway, so what I said is right.
You say, devs should be good enough to succeed in the challenge given to them which is the feminist gender quota. That's after you told me you're tired of the gender discussion. That's also after you told Ekohippi you want vampires to be female.

hmm.. hear that guys? Mediczero is being bias again. :)

Ekohippi
January 31, 2015 12:06:17

Since some of you are so sure there is no feminist quota, how about a friendly wager?
If stronghold has at least 1 female you Will upvote all mine and jeremiahs posts for the next month when you see them. If it turns out it has no females we'll upvote all your posts for month. The said month starts once the line-up is revealed.

Jeremiah you ok with this wager?
You guys willing to accept the wager?

January 31, 2015 12:09:25

@Igelkolnikov
Well, you're accusing me of making fake accounts just to upvote myself without any proof.
See, that's the difference between us. Before I release information, I always make sure I can support it.

Secondly, I don't know of any fighting sport wherein highly trained women are all-around better than averagely-trained men. There are a few exceptions of course but these women are very rare. Justicars is a battalion.

January 31, 2015 12:16:57

well, upvoting only takes one click of a button.
I prefer something more difficult like type:
"Give Us Male Druids"

I would agree to the wager though.
LoL, there's absolutely no way we will lose. :)

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 12:20:02

@JeremiahEmo
Yes I did, and as I said I feel confident enough to do it without proof. The developers will certainly adress this if it would turn out to be true.

Your knowledge of female accomplishments leaves much to be desired. What you know and dont know on the subject is proof of nothing. And im pretty sure that if that highly trained woman had the support of a dragon god and superior equipment she would prevail anyhow.

Ekohippi
January 31, 2015 12:25:46

Jeremiah The wager doesn't matter to me, the up vote just seemed easy neutral prize while yours requires them setting their own counter. Looking at line-ups i would guess we'll actually get 2 females for stronghold. I would seriously be shocked if they didn't have feminist quota requiring min. One female for all factions.

January 31, 2015 12:38:20

@Igelkolnikov
well, I doubt that the devs will go through the hassle for you but if it bothers you so much, you can always google for an IP tracker. I don't know if it can track IPs for upvotes but well, it's a start.

also, Justicars don't have the support of dragon gods, it's not written in their lore. Can you give me proof of women beating trained men in fs?

@Ekohippi
well, I'd accept any kind of punishment. I'm confident there is a feminist quota anyway.
Igelkolnikov, medic, do you accept?

Igelkolnikov The Ancient
January 31, 2015 12:47:06

@JeremiahEmo
I does not bother me the sligthest. It was an observation of an abnormailty, probably caused by yourself.

Do you ever present proof for your sexist statements?' I thought not.

"in the old times Guardians of the Faith were mostly men" Guardians of the faith, as in Elrath dragon god of light, sounds like ppl with divine favor to me.

cao_imchin The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 15:13:21

i'm an earthling :-p

Jaegerkiller
January 31, 2015 19:07:49

u guys are pretty crazy....
I think, if the role settled for a woman, she can take it. But if a role is settled for a Men, a woman should not take it, only because to have a woman in the team. (so much for Gender-shit).

About the Cavallerist/Justicar problem: I think the Cavallery should always be stronger then a normal ground troop. The Horse gives alot of Boni in fight. In a NORMAL fight (No matter if Male/Female) a Rider wins against a ground troop (even more if the soldier has no spear)

January 30, 2015 17:31:00

I can't believe the irony of we had Gauldoth in Heroes 4 eat spiders and warn us all about the dangers of fundamentalism,
and then what do you know, in all Heroes games after that all of our necromancers are in a brainless cult of spider fanatics lol

kartelis The Dark
January 30, 2015 17:33:31

exactly

kartelis The Dark
January 30, 2015 17:35:23

as a life long fan of franchaise i cant be sader played this game since i was 13 and now when we grown up we get to play with purple spiders just pathetic

feidrota85 The Wanderer
January 30, 2015 19:04:25

+1 (rofl)

rodaff The Dark
January 30, 2015 20:23:31

LichRotkiv The Councilor
January 30, 2015 20:41:02

I read that only Foul Hydras from H5 can save us from spiders:

"Due to the fact that these hydras fed on giant acid spiders that dwell in the caves, their blood has undergone major transformations. A relatively small surface wound will cause it to boil and send a fountain of corrosive acid spurting forth. Thus, once wounded, the hydra may use its own blood to inflict harm on those who were impudent enough to attack it. "

LichRotkiv The Councilor
January 30, 2015 20:43:32

Let's just hope they don't see this comment. They could remove Hydra from Dark Elves and make it a spider...

Milets The Guardian
January 31, 2015 01:06:51

'Well said! the irony runs deep indeed

Nubbocrates The Magnificient
January 31, 2015 07:46:35

Gauldoth may be the most interesting character i heroes. I wasn't big on Heroes 4's gameplay but loved the narrative. It was dark and thoughtful. The last instalments Necromancers just remind me of goth teenagers who like drawing skulls on their books. All style no substance

Nubbocrates The Magnificient
January 31, 2015 07:47:54

damn. Just realised I broke a perfect thread of 8 sandro avatars

rodaff The Dark
February 01, 2015 15:44:37

@Nubbocrates: then change your avatar for Sandro :P

dchalfont
January 31, 2015 16:09:28

This game is dead to me as of now.

Unless this game comes out sometime after mid 2016 I can't see how they could have 6 fully fleshed out and optimised classes and gameplay as well as the expansion classes well in development.

I am not waiting 2 years after release for half assed expansions to trickle out and then watch Ubi stop patching a still unfinished game, the latter of which they did with H6.

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 16:22:05

Agreed, I dont see this game being finished before 2016.
Dont release a buggy game and take ur time to patch and re-patch, make sure the game doesnt need patching before release!
Dont cut content from the game on launch to force us to buy launch day DLC!
And for fuks sake dont cut ur support of the game like u did with H6, thats very annoying, especially since the game has buggs still! (yes its far better since launch, but still)

Pux123 The Triumphant
January 31, 2015 17:00:03

I will, but this will be the last time. If H8 or anything after is still rushed and cheap, I wont buy them.

Zorko1990 The Destroyer
January 31, 2015 17:45:01

so you know all of the work they have done by now ? :S how can you tell what they have done and not done? just becourse they haven`t told us it yet? at MMX they told us they last stuff a few days before selling the game but Im sure it have been done before that...remenber look at the glass half full not the other way

Pux123 The Triumphant
January 31, 2015 18:29:57

Zorko. Units and townsreens show what they are doing. And they have a too early relese date.

Zorko1990 The Destroyer
January 31, 2015 19:09:34

much of it only shows what they want us to see, it does not tell you if there is someone at this moment making the orcs. it only tells you of some of the things they have done, but when they did make what they show us is impossibel to say. out of the stuff we know. it takes some inside infomation that we dont have. have can you tell the necro line up was not made back in November? you can tell. can you show me your source if you can. telling a littel all the time keeps us here.

Zorko1990 The Destroyer
January 31, 2015 19:09:43

so they hold stuff back just to keep us here at the site

Pux123 The Triumphant
January 31, 2015 19:55:04

They have shown bad and rushed stuff, if that is what they want to show us, then I fear what they don't

rodaff The Dark
February 01, 2015 15:48:44

Like dchalfont, I've lost a lot of faith in the game after the necro lineup revelation.
If there's no major improvement then they are not going to get my money.

Kromash The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:12:51

It would be perfect if liches are revealed as skeletal next week

January 30, 2015 17:00:03

And what about townscreens?
We made this together with Lawmaker (repost)

-- http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag274/Galaadlehaut/fanmadehavenanim_zpsg8o9i8rd.gif --

January 30, 2015 17:01:39

Summer version alone (repost):

-- http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag274/Galaadlehaut/fanmadehavenlawmakergalaad_zps203ba7d6.gif --

alcibiades.dk The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:06:38

Or the ones in snowy landscape.
[url]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag274/Galaadlehaut/havensnow4_zps13a468c0.gif[/url]

alcibiades.dk The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:11:50

Wow no URL codes ... anyway, this one was also very good.

January 30, 2015 17:17:00

Thanks Alci.
For those who don't know I had the idea of Winter Haven after seeing this:

-- https://static14.cdn.ubi.com/mmh7/prod/images/141013_Screenshots/MMH7_Justicar_Haven.jpg --

rodaff The Dark
January 30, 2015 20:37:51

Great work, this is great!

Milets The Guardian
January 31, 2015 01:16:22

those are nice. Great work. But I still would like 3d townscreen.
Anyway, the only problem is the empty space where was the townportal previously

adambjpoole
January 31, 2015 07:27:05

For what this is, is like it. Granted, it's still the same art style which is so very different from the rest of the game, and awkwardly different from the awesome looking Haven town from the adventure map seen here https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/factions/haven

But the functional wall and all the background habitation dwelling definitely make this more palpable!

Cleglaw The Councilor
January 30, 2015 16:45:54

i allready shared somethings, do they count as artworks? working on fortress town with all its buildings, ts, creatures models concepts...

my project is on hold for last 2 weeks, but its just a holiday break for me, so i will continue developing this... eventually.

anyways, i say, dont hesitate and take time, legendary games are timeless after all :)

Kaanzakin The Wanderer
January 30, 2015 16:52:29

@Clegaw
I liked your drawings, maybe if they make a dlc for fortress, they might inspire from your art :)

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 30, 2015 16:55:28

Awesome job'!

cao_imchin The Mysterious
January 30, 2015 17:15:52

nice!

BeYo_OnD The Ancient
January 30, 2015 16:43:19

Please make the Necropolis issue a top priority until a decision is taken!

rodaff The Dark
January 30, 2015 16:45:28

We deserve a better Necropolis

January 30, 2015 19:26:39

@rodaff: I'd rather say is Necropolis which doesn't deserves to suffer this Spider-cult bull.

rodaff The Dark
January 30, 2015 20:28:20

@GalaadleHaut: It will be a day of joy when Spiderpolis cease to exist and the real Necropolis comes back.

guest-Q2C5DSj5 The Furious
February 02, 2015 08:16:50

Dear JeremiahEmo,
If you are so concerned about the appearance of many female units in the game, or more specifically, the female druid, I suggest you to grab a book and teach yourself about coding and CG designing. Next thing you know, you can create a mod for yourselves and others that remake all the female units you don't like into male ones. It is much more efficient than your lost-cause one-man protest.
Sincerely,

RobvD84 The Mad
February 02, 2015 09:26:05

Hes not alone tho, and the more ppl are going against him (and some beeing assholes, and some even beeing really sexist) the more some of those ppl are going to stand with him. And yes i am one of them. Especially ppl only want to read what they want to read.
I don't mind female units, but don't force it on us, and don't genderbend either. Just make a new unit like the Justicar and then put it where it fits.

jeremy_hudson The Mysterious
February 02, 2015 09:32:15

Yes how true. If only people could be stuffed, would save us all the trouble

Fakirbocko The Treasure Hunter
February 02, 2015 09:46:35

i just WANT female druids now :D becouse of all this crazy hype....give us female druds pls

Arch_Gabriel42
February 02, 2015 09:49:17

I originally was neutral to all this but now I want male druids because of all the sexist crap going on the other side.

Inquisitorius The Dark
February 02, 2015 09:58:27

beside the fact that this whole sex-discussion is pointless, as it has no effect at all on the gameplay, the reactions on the topic are surprisingly much. I hope the result will be many many good mods from dedicated gamers ;)

dr4gm0re The Mad
February 02, 2015 17:56:04

What about these green dragon?
--http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sylanna-the-Dragon-of-Earth-Heroes-of-M-and-M-403080027

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
February 02, 2015 17:58:54

Give me now!

kloklodyta1992 The Dark
February 02, 2015 17:59:47

he's nice but to hard for ubi to create in 3D model with this game engine.

Thranduilll The Mysterious
February 02, 2015 18:14:31

Looks rather like a toy for little girls.

RRick_CZ The Triumphant
February 02, 2015 18:17:58

Looks like Kirin Sylanna :D

Kloklodyta, why is it hard with this engine ? Isn´t UE3 enough user friendly ?

Pux123 The Triumphant
February 02, 2015 18:21:42

Terrible! It's not a dragon, it's a walking combination of mud, rocks, sticks and flowers!

February 02, 2015 18:27:04

@Pux that's pretty much what it is in h7... Or rather it's walking hunk of rock that has stuff growing out of it and on it ;P

dr4gm0re The Mad
February 02, 2015 18:37:06

Pux123
Sylanna
--http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mightandmagic/images/c/cb/Sylanna.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120229201802&path-prefix=en

Najakir The Kreegan
February 02, 2015 18:46:42

Just so beautyfull !

RobvD84 The Mad
February 02, 2015 18:57:51

If you put your hart into it a lot is possible, and i do believe Ubi does not have the "hart" for this franchise. Limbic on the other hand can use everything they can to show what they can (they already did a bit with M&MX:L) and try to make something good. As it stands know i only fear the worst.

Marblethrone The Chivalrous
February 02, 2015 16:46:00

When one day, in the far far future, archaeologists specialized in the ancient digital world find the ruins of this website and the comments therein, they will look at each other in astonishment. One starts reading out loud, the others shake their heads.

"Oh you of little faith", they will say in choir, in response to what they read. "Such were the petty quarrels of that primitive race of old." And they will archive the comments in their Grand Gymnasium.

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 02, 2015 16:50:10

If they read my comments they would say: "there was still hope for humanity". :P

wasd1200 The Wanderer
February 02, 2015 16:54:14

JedynyHex everyone says that about their own comments,yet there is not much hope...

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 02, 2015 16:56:50

If they read yours they would said:
"They have no sense of humor." xD

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 02, 2015 17:00:00

For the light!
At really we must pay attention about our comments!

JedynyHex The Mighty
February 02, 2015 17:01:19

It should be "would say" and "They had".
Give Us Edit Button
#GUEB

Pux123 The Triumphant
February 02, 2015 17:36:53

If human civilization last for a thousand years men will still say: This was their weirdest website!

kloklodyta1992 The Dark
February 02, 2015 15:14:46

I left you all for one day and you again quarrel, so bad boys and girls, it will be punish for you

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
February 02, 2015 15:46:51

Yeap,we are bad...

Sussugamon The Councilor
February 02, 2015 15:51:07

In times like these, I remember a song sung by Scorpions, Under the Same Sun. Why can't people just be at peace for once?

Minastir The Guardian
February 02, 2015 16:01:26

well, i guess Nobody on this site is getting anything from santa this year... but don't worry there is always Sump'n Claus !!!
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnP2jO06gc

LuckyMagus The Faithful
January 31, 2015 20:47:14

I must write this.
I want 3D screens...

LightAvatarX The Untouchable
January 31, 2015 20:49:57

I adore 3D!I will be a slave for 3D towncreens!

cao_imchin The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 20:53:22

maby with the updates...

i like them 2! (and would want them)

Pux123 The Triumphant
January 31, 2015 20:54:21

Rotatable 3D townscreens are absolutely a must for Heroes 8. With full screen building windows!

CuriousOnlooker
January 31, 2015 22:03:33

I agree, but one thing to take into account is that, based on what gameplay I've seen, the adventure map model of each town will be much more detailed than previously, and seems like it will show most of the buildings.
Not nearly as scenic as a full 3D townscreen, but a lot better than it was in 3 or 6.

adambjpoole
February 01, 2015 04:55:44

@Curious, yes the towns from the adventure map look really really nice. Strangely, however, they look nothing like the cities from the townscreen view.

Check out the bottom of the Haven page, here: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/factions/haven
See picture in the media gallery? That Haven town looks gorgeous! Sadly, so far, once you actually enter the town, you apparently go to some alternate dimension where the town looks totally different, makes no sense, and looks like crap. lol

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 16:39:50

Guys Im curious: Who is the imbecile who started all this "games are misogynistic" bullshit?
I mean i dont see how human rights or balancing of sexes has anything to do with a game set in a medieval time period? I dont see what sexism or feminism has anything to do with Heroes as well?
The game always had both female and male heroes, most of the units are male because it makes sense, not because of "sexism"!

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 16:43:00

Most soldiers are always male! If somebody doesnt like it, then go join the army en mass and make sure women are the majority there! Its as simple as that, both sexes are equal in the real world, so wtf if the problem?
(I am on a rant, since a feminist idiot started getting on my GF nerves while we were out, man those idiots are annoying!) (yes i know maybe not all of them are the same, but still i dont see what purpose they have anymore, they got their equality, LOL)

Sempai_Mur The Dark
January 31, 2015 17:09:27

Where did you see ane gender balance? Look inside a dungeon, necropolis. Dozens of females, huh? You learn to count at first, then join Jeremiah's army.
I don't want to be rude but you, guys, became a real cancer of this web-site. For now it seems as few guys which act like a women condemn feminism. So just leave those gender issue and try to discuss some less freaked things.

Blackfyre_ The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:20:59

yeah youre right this is very annoying

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:21:57

Hi Denisa,
I thought I'd try to answer your question though it will be difficult in this format.
First of all, regarding Heroes, no, no one ever accused Heroes of being misogynistic. None of the nerdy feminists that I know have ever condemned Heroes for its gender representation. But that doesn't mean the Devs can't make a more interesting and diverse world, and having a more interesting and diverse world doesn't hurt anyone - it only helps include more people.

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:22:12

A few more women and people of color represented as units (done respectfully; the women not exclusively half-naked and the people of color not exclusively in the role of savages and slaves) doesn't all of sudden make the white, male units inferior or nonexistent. So let's just be happy that more people get to be represented.

Blackfyre_ The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:23:33

next comes a female devil or the people want a female cyclops

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:24:02

Furthermore, please understand that gender is a deeply complicated issue. Women and many minorities have made a lot of advancement in the Western world, but women are not free from sexism by a long shot. Just some quick examples: women being paid less than men for the same job; almost all top tier positions in companies being held by white men; women constantly being told that their looks are the most valuable thing about them.

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:24:38

These are just quick examples, but hopefully you can understand that sexism still exists on a systemic level - and sexism does affect all genders, including men, but when we're talking about men and women (and ignoring other gender groups) then women are the underprivileged group.

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:26:21

Complaining about feminists without knowing what it's like to live life as a woman or having studied gender history and gender politics or having kept an open-mind about the experiences of other people results in misguidedly complaining about something that isn't bad and isn't out to hurt you in any way. Feminists don't want to harm men; they want to make the world a better, freer, more dignified place for everyone.

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 17:28:34

Nice first post, i dont get the second post....
Heroes didnt have any kinds of ethnical issues ever.
"doesn't all of sudden make the white, male units inferior or nonexistent. So let's just be happy that more people get to be represented." I dont get this part at all o.O

@Senpai, i dont even know wtf ur talking about, LOL

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:28:51

I hope you can understand why this is such a complicated set of issues that touches upon all aspects of our lives and I hope you'll generally keep an open-mind and not jump to conclusions when anything gender-related is mentioned, and I hope this answer helped at least a little.

Sempai_Mur The Dark
January 31, 2015 17:30:26

@shop47737D938 you are a one more troll, aren't you? Why don't you all take each other: JeremiahEmo and all his army and discuss this definately important feature somewhere else?

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 17:32:43

I get ur point shop, but ur forgetting that all those "white males" who are up top the economic food chain didnt get there because of their skin color or sex.
They had the connections and skills and education to get there. Nobody saw the and was like: "I need a white dude as my director!"
No they had to work hard to get there!

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 17:36:40

Shop, making a equal world is the ideal of feminists, but some of them are so "fanatical" that they would rather lower men to elevate women. Its those types of fanatics that piss me off!
The good feminists dont get in my way at all, so i dont have a problem with them.
Again the problem is a minority who gets to fanatical, not the majority who stands by their principals of equality! :D

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:43:00

I wish I could explain more thoroughly, but remember that sexism and racism both have immense history. It wasn't that long ago that women couldn't even vote, that racial segregation was still a thing, that interracial marriages were illegal. These white men that have reached the heights of power did have to work to do so, but they had opportunities that other genders and ethnicities didn't have. This is part of our legacy of sexism and racism; we're still grappling with it.

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:43:36

Anyway, thank you for being civil.

shop47737D938 The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 17:45:39

Most feminists aren't like that. I promise you. 99.9% of feminists really do just want a better world for everyone.

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 17:56:53

I wouldnt be so hard on us about sexism or racism, every country has the same issues.
In my eyes we have 2 problems:

denisa016 The Mad
January 31, 2015 18:01:32

First the people who try to separate themselves from the rest, by putting walls between them and others, and that wall being called "race".
Second the people who decide to split people into races, like the American media, saying Afro-Americans instead of Americans, their all citizens of the same country after all!

Sempai_Mur The Dark
January 31, 2015 18:12:05

@shop47737D938, feminism is a radical flow. There's nothing good in any radical streams, believe me. That's all. The thing is to stay human, doesn't matter are you a woman or a man. Act like a good person, and you'll receive the same treatment.

Mirash_ge The Dragon
January 31, 2015 19:04:02

вот что значит человек грамотно пишет и еще по-английски ...я так поняла там в защиту нас девчат ура ! мужиков к стенке ! вообще да

Mirash_ge The Dragon
January 31, 2015 19:09:08

а то вообще раскомандовались ... командиры елки палки )))) равняйсь ,смирно !

Mirash_ge The Dragon
January 31, 2015 19:12:18

Guys Stand tall!

cao_imchin The Mysterious
January 31, 2015 19:50:42

i'm an earthling! ;-)

CuriousOnlooker
January 31, 2015 22:13:21

See, on the surface, it seems like it would make sense to just see "people" and forget about race and gender, and I totally agree with you that they're largely needless and artificial.
The problem is, these ideas are fundamentally ingrained in our social institutions (look at the sex-segregated prison system, or school dress codes) and more deeply embedded in our individual subconsciousnesses than any of us probably realize. (cont'd)

CuriousOnlooker
January 31, 2015 22:17:14

As a result, there are specific barriers to the people currently labeled as "racial minorities", "women", "gender minorities", etc., and if those of us who really care about equality pretend that the categories don't exist, we no longer have any way to talk about and fix these barriers, or address the prejudices that we may still have.
If race suddenly goes away, there will still be really impoverished communities of people who were downtrodden by a racist system, (cont'd)

CuriousOnlooker
January 31, 2015 22:18:00

but suddenly there's no way to talk about their problem and no way to help them back to a state of true equality. Know what I mean?