rodaff Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 16:49:14

My thoughts:
1. Skeleton and champions are pretty great
2. Music is good but IMO it doesn't have the haunting feeling of a Necropolis, but I guess it's appropiate for the nice guys of Spiderpolis
3. The ghost and the lamasu are straight copies from H6, which is unacceptable, but at least we won a battle and we'll (hopefully) get a better Lich and Vampire
4. The spider could be a great neutral unit, but not in a Necropolis lineup, a spider doesn't belong in a real Necropolis

rodaff Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 16:51:25

5. The concept art is much better than the actual designs, which is dissapointing because they seemed to have a good idea but for whatever reason the finished designs are not very good.
6. What's your obssession with skipey things? Almost every unit has spikes!
7. Just remove the legs from the city
8. Please reduce the focus of the Spider themed Necroplis, it's too much! A lot of fans hate it.

rodaff Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 16:52:31

Conclusion:
I'll have to wait till H8 for a proper Necropolis faction, this can hardly be called a Necropolis, it is Spiderpolis, and Spiderpolis is not a real Necropolis

Long live Void Necropolis and Sandro!

#VN
#GROS

February 19, 2015 17:00:31

If I ever lay hands on this game, regarding Necropolis and Town Screens, I might play blindfolded.

GalaadleHaut Der Held
February 19, 2015 17:03:03

If they had guts, they'd let the Void win - only to start over again. This would have given them an excuse to "redo" Ashan history.

burn Ashan in flames
#BAIF

kartelis Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 17:08:25

come back sandro and save the world from spider nonsense

February 19, 2015 17:09:38

#GUMHTPTGB

Give us Many Hotkeys To Play This Game Blindfolded

Milets Der Beschützer
February 20, 2015 13:44:14

You said it all! Totaly agree with everthing you said. Hope you get more up votes!

Misgandir
February 24, 2015 20:37:37

Make the necropolis much more frightening!

rodaff Der Finstere
February 24, 2015 20:40:56

Cubicar_2486
February 24, 2015 20:44:24

mErEnEfErEee Der Erboste
February 24, 2015 21:08:10

And get rid of purple/green.

Brackenwood. Der Mysteriöse
February 24, 2015 17:41:53

Hello dev team, just wanted to say that this game make me really hopefull and happy about the Heroes franchise, hold on ! You're on a good way !

People please stop that complaining and flaming every days about things that can't be changed or are even not important (about spider's poison omg) How useless! And I don't even speak about gender debates. With all this I can't say I am proud of the community. And all this rage won't help devs. If you can't help being unsatisfied then don't post here.

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 24, 2015 17:53:43

It is just we don't want another fiasco like H6. That is about it.

kartelis Der Finstere
February 24, 2015 17:55:20

everything can be changed

February 24, 2015 17:58:47

Everyone will pay the price, the same price for the game. So they can complain about what they don't like, even if some things don't feel as important for one as it is for another - I don't mind spiders, but if people don't like them as unit, they can complain. It's their right as customer.

And raging does help devs to have a balance of what would-be customers want and don't. Just like compliments help too. We don't need to keep humoring devs.

Gender debates aren't even worth mentioning.

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 24, 2015 18:19:18

Clearly raging works since ti got us random skills and a redesign of lich and vampire.

Antalyan Der Uralte
February 24, 2015 17:26:57

Necropolis units DESERVE MORE and BETTER abilities than flanking. They really need some useful ones.

February 24, 2015 17:30:01

You mean anti-flanking...? boost to flanking might actually be useful ;)

February 24, 2015 17:31:31

Boost to flanking for assassin

Antalyan Der Uralte
February 24, 2015 17:33:49

I mean better some abilities that can make the game interesting. Some abilities that make the units unique.

February 24, 2015 17:35:23

"Vampires are so fast they cannot be flanked" ... ok, so they should also be able to deflect upcoming attacks from the front? Or attack so fast they cannot be retaliated? They attack so fast they can attack twice? They move so fast they can move twice per turn? Even the description of that ability is lame.

February 24, 2015 17:37:58

Agree with you guys

February 24, 2015 17:40:46

@Sussu I'm afraid the heavy armor of the knight slows down the vampire so drastically it cannot actually dodge or deflect attacks ;P

violetcoffee
February 24, 2015 17:41:13

I would like to rather have a few good unit's abilities, than this whole flanking thing...

Antalyan Der Uralte
February 24, 2015 17:44:34

As we know very well, these tries to change the game by adding something new were not very successful (look at the Heroes 6). Completely agree with violetcoffee.

February 24, 2015 17:47:20

@ramborusina
Yeah, good point. So, they cannot even be fast at all. So, they cannot have this ability. So, this case is closed. Vampires suck! hohoho ^^

darioio
February 23, 2015 16:15:42

If dev want to make the Best Vampire off all time you should include:
- give the bigger sword, I barely can see this one
- make the sword more shiny and sparkling so we all can easily see it
- eyes should be more green and lips red, so we can distinguish them from the rest of the face
- make them more armoured, this one is too light, even maybe cover hair!it's crucial vampire's part
- Vampire might be jealy of others units not having enough spider theme on him, so put more spiders on his outfit!

February 23, 2015 16:24:37

- And it should come mounted on a huge bat-thing, fully armored, glowing purple, spiders, spider all over it.

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 23, 2015 16:39:35

my ideal vampire would be:
1. He has to have red eyes
2. He has to be a young and handsome fellow as what I picture vampires would be
3. He has to be mean-looking. He doesn't wear armor or that ridiculous spider helm.
4. No swords. He uses his sharp claws to attack his foes
5. He can transform into a bat
6. No green. Purple is ok but not shiny purple. It has to be something pale. I choose gray as the primary color. Purple being the secondary support color.

Pux123 Der Siegreiche
February 22, 2015 07:59:33

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 08:27:48

Had Ubi not apply feminist quotas in this game, it would've been much easier to respect.

wasd1200 Der Wanderer
February 22, 2015 08:46:34

Quetzatoul Der Kreegan
February 22, 2015 09:18:21

Comment: Many of us wonder why this website is full of spam and trolls. The answer is simple- anarchy doesn't work. We need some kind of monitoring of this web site, even if it means just banning a few people every now and then.
Reply: it's hard to respect a game made by and for feminists especially when the game has established itself to be believable in its first 5 iterations.
How is that reply relevant?

LordFoxton Der Ratgeber
February 22, 2015 09:26:40

I'm so tired of seeing a JeremiahEmo whine every time I log in -_- You never need to look hard to find one.

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 09:52:03

@Quetzatoul
the very reason one of these so-called "trolls" is spamming is because he has to see one of his favorite games get butchered by stupid feminists and their quotas.

Elle-One Der Magische
February 22, 2015 10:33:15

Quetzatoul: Because he never thinks about anything else all day long. No milk in the fridge? Feminazis have stolen it. Bus too late? Must be feminists driving.

Quetzatoul Der Kreegan
February 22, 2015 10:39:26

JeremiahEmo
Wait, so you insert your opinion wherever you feel like without regard for the actual subject?
Okay, gotcha.

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 11:00:00

@Quetzatoul
apparently, you have trouble understanding sentences. Try enrolling in kindergarten reading class again.

Have a nice day. ^_^

@Elle-One
it's funny that's exactly how feminists think.
can't excel in your job? Blame the patriarchy.
people hurt your feelings? Blame the patriarchy.
men don't find you attractive because you're fat? Blame the patriarchy.
no one takes your opinions seriously? Blame the patriarchy.

Quetzatoul Der Kreegan
February 22, 2015 11:17:57

JeremiahEmo
It is indeed a nice day, you can't change that or the fact that a grand total of one other person share your gender-based obsession.
You and MedusaFeminist have fun being misandristic/misogynistic.
#I'mHappy

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 11:38:28

@Quetzatoul
a person who has bias favoring women is as bad as misandrists. Have fun kissing feminist pussies. ^_^

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 22, 2015 11:41:37

Jeremiah's view of the world:
if you even once support a woman, you are a feminist

Quetzatoul Der Kreegan
February 22, 2015 11:42:56

JeremiahEmo
#I'mStillHappy
:-)

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 11:50:24

@mediczero
medic's view of the world: if you criticize a woman, you're a misogynist.

wasd1200 Der Wanderer
February 22, 2015 12:03:41

I sometimes wander if this guy will be lonely for his whole life or if he'll have a husband once... Becoulse with attitude he'll never have a (normal) girlfriend. Do you see this Jemo? If you don't learn to accept that there are women in this world and not all who doesn't hate them are feministsthen you'll never be able to have a (normal) relationship with a female human being. Just think about it and don't reply..

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 22, 2015 12:30:19

@wasd1200
no man. I wouldn't be in a relationship with a woman even if she begs for it (and I proved that, twice). Women = disappointment + the chance of false rape accusations and divorce laws that are bias against men. In the United States, most of the time, you need the woman to dominate the relationship to keep the relationship going and I'm not the type who'd allow to be walked all over. That's just not how I define "man". + I have better things to do than focus my attention on a woman.

krayz1e2010 Der Finstere
February 20, 2015 15:24:48

Good for game that developers choose to redesign Vampire. Please remove that giant manga sword and remove 100 kg of armor from him. He is vampire, not tank!

Pux123 Der Siegreiche
February 20, 2015 15:35:20

Make him red! (And by that I don't mean communist)

ofaisalo
February 20, 2015 14:57:11

i just heard the town theme soundtrack
i really liked it ...good jop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 22:03:54

This spider crap is everywhere x_x it grows from the backbone of liches, it forms the shape of vampires helm. U'd better change lamasu and spider (just cutting them off of the lineup). But your choice was obvious: the easiest (as usual). But I respect your decision to change at least something. -___-
But necro line up is the biggest dissappiont for me in this game for now.

Zatrakus95 Der Ritterliche
February 19, 2015 22:20:34

They decided to change it no matter the cost and risk, wrote 2 articles about our offensive behaviour and you keep on calling it crap?! I mean first no matter how much you dislike it you have entire dctionary of more polite words and second they've already scraped it! And you keep on complaining! Of course you know nothing about game dev or business but you can still post such ragefull, brainless comments. What you left here is dissappointing c**p not lamasu and spiders.

kartelis Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 22:35:43

same here

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 19, 2015 22:43:47

It is their fault in the first place to do a move like that. We have never seen undead spiders in a Heroes game and they decided to put it in.

So yeah, such an action does not deserve praise.

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 23:15:57

@Zatrakus95, lol I keep mobile games dev company here so I guess I know something. If you dislike my opinion, go on with your business and keep your tongue behind your teeth, look into the mirror and judge yourself before judging someone else, ok? If I want to complain, I will complain. So tell your mom what to do and what not to, deal? I will decide these things by myself ;)

rodaff Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 23:34:17

#GROS
Death to the spidercult

BeYo_OnD Der Uralte
February 19, 2015 14:51:28

WE DID IT!!

The Sandro revolution has been successful!!

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 19, 2015 14:53:55

Slightly. The townscreen and spiders are still a problem.

BeYo_OnD Der Uralte
February 19, 2015 14:55:20

Sure. But this is still good progress! Man I'm so happy now. :D

rodaff Der Finstere
February 19, 2015 14:56:28

Better than nothing...

February 23, 2015 23:11:30

Justicar:

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 23, 2015 23:25:28

Doesn't look half-bad.

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 23, 2015 23:35:54

atrocious. You want to turn Heroes of Might and Magic into Heroes of Beauty Queens and Girly Girls, boy? She's even worse than the current model (and that's an achievement. I don't think there's anything more puke-worthy than the Justicars we have now).

JeremiahEmo Der Zerstörer
February 23, 2015 23:36:44

*DIDN'T think there's more puke-worthy than the Justicars now.

darioio
February 23, 2015 23:37:53

Nooooo
C'mon man!

February 23, 2015 23:40:22

She just remind me Justicar unit, without helm nothing more, nothing less.

February 23, 2015 23:43:25

Dont you guys take it so terrible.

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 24, 2015 01:01:30

I like it.

KevinTran_ Der Getreue
February 24, 2015 08:28:53

I don't

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 23, 2015 20:59:03

I'm kinda sad they probably won't add new factions to Ashan...

wasd1200 Der Wanderer
February 23, 2015 21:05:52

Extreem moding ;)

B_WE
February 23, 2015 21:06:08

@mediczero: You're right... For a first step it could be enough to establish some subfractions with an alternative line-up and independent town-screens...

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 23, 2015 21:11:04

I'm not really fond of the idea of subfactions...

February 23, 2015 21:19:35

Maybe ... not that I expect they do something like H3 and add a lot more (if compared to 2), but I think they'll end up recycling old ones and make another one and present it as brand new.

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 23, 2015 21:22:07

Heck, I got a pretty long list of factions they could add...

violetcoffee
February 23, 2015 21:23:38

Since we have 2 champions, I would like alternative units in DLC. H4-like.

LightAvatarX Der Unberührbare
February 23, 2015 21:26:18

I think that we don't need new factions because there aren't many creatures and cultures left...

B_WE
February 23, 2015 21:30:40

@mediczero: In Heroes V (Tribes of the east and Hammers of Fate) we see only a trial to introduce subfractions... But there is so much more possible: Imagine for example: an alternative line up for academy: An academy-line up associate with snow and ice... Or an alternative for Heaven: An heaven fraction which has lost its connection to Elrath... A dark subfraction connected to death and darkness... I think that is a creepy-exciting idea...

February 23, 2015 21:31:38

@Violet I'm guessing that's what we would/will get. It would require at least 2 alternatives to be made for each faction(core and elite) though and that's assuming the "strong" unit of tier is only stronger in stats, but in weekly growth/power same as rest(so it would be quality vs quantity both being equal).

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 23, 2015 21:31:41

Light, you know nothing. I would easily could give you a good deal of factions with their own unique cultres of lineups....

mediczero Der Schicksalshammer
February 23, 2015 21:35:58

@B_WE
Nope! While I find the alternative upgrades to be cool, I still thinks subfactions is far to much...

violetcoffee
February 23, 2015 21:41:40

Speaking about H4... Medic, I think that you could maybe like H4. You can create a various lineups in each faction. And gameplay is full of a nice creature abillities, spells and fun...

LightAvatarX Der Unberührbare
February 23, 2015 21:42:36

"You know nothing" listened bad...
Anyway the most iconical creatures are in use so there aren\t iconical creatures!

B_WE
February 23, 2015 21:45:57

@mediczero: Be not sceptical... believe me... that could actually work well!
How ever... I stay on your side, when you will create some exciting new fractions... (By the way... i liked your line-up for the conflux very much... Now i hope for realisation in the next extension... Dreaming is still allowed... (smile)

February 23, 2015 22:13:59

@mediczero
Violet-chan is right. People don't even try playing H4 because it's plainly ugly (and it is, it's almost all ugly, and town screens...goddamnit suck hard), you don't have many factions and there's no upgrades. Using Equilibris mode to balance some problematic features and bugs, the game is really fun. Lots of depths in battle you don't find in any other game. Many interesting features that could make it to H7, improved and combined with anything new.

violetcoffee
February 23, 2015 22:47:06

Sussugamon-kun Yes. People are too judgemental towards H4. It was ugly, but it was also beautiful. A cute monster I would call it. I think it deserve some appreciation, thought that medic could like it.

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 23, 2015 22:51:45

violetcoffee, there were good decisions with skills, game mechanics, good music, nice story but that game was way out of Heroes franchise. It was something separate. H5 absorbed all best features from H4 IMO.

February 23, 2015 17:56:57

So, as we are lacking things to speak about, what can be done regarding all the lack of personality on those units?

I mean, we have, primarily, Skeletons, Ghosts, Spiders, Liches and Lamassus having only the ability of being undead when non upgraded. It's almost as if we had different shaped skeletons all over. So... LINE UP TIME! I'll list tons of line ups and you guys tell what you thinK! OK!?!?!? (posted this on the wrong place HOHO)

February 23, 2015 17:57:10

Now, seriously, some abilities I would enjoy seeing to make these units less ordinary:
- Skeleton - Skeletal: higher defense against ranged attacks, but weaker against melee attacks (given they are subject of necromancey and raised in great numbers, that would balance itself).
- Ghosts - Unsubstancial: higher defense against physical attacks, weaker against magical attacks.

February 23, 2015 17:57:36

- Spider - Ranged + Silk trap: similar to those traps we saw in H5 made by goblins.
- Lich - Toxic Cloud Attack: the thing that made lich ... a lich since H2, and compensated the lack of other shooters.
- Lamassu - Cursed Flesh: whenever hit, Lamassu's curse will cast a random ailment onto the attacker (curse, slow, weakness - whatever).

(HA! No triple posting this time, website b1tch!)

Zatrakus95 Der Ritterliche
February 23, 2015 18:06:36

With all gratitude including all of these abilities would make balancing the game a nightmare. I understand why you wnat them (who wouldn't want more abilities) but it would make game overly complex without adding much to it's depth. How you ask? Well the more complex the game is the less accesible it's depth is and as I stated above it complicates balancing in the way that makes it not worth time and money.

February 23, 2015 18:09:49

Those are basic abilities. In H6, they had simply too many. I added only 1 to each, not too difficult to understand the mechanics. Oversimplifying mechanics in some parts was the worst thing I saw in H6, while they placed all the remaining mechanics in unit abilities. It's far from complicated if you read them twice. They roughly have the same abilities as some units in H4, and people didn't get a brain surgery due that.

February 23, 2015 18:14:06

Maybe it's easier if told like this: all of them undead.

Skeleton, resist ranged, weak melee.
Ghosts, resist physical, weak magical.
Spider, lay traps.
Lich, toxic cloud attack.
Lamassu, cursed flesh.

Of course, balancing would be important, although I won't rewrite all other line ups here to make that analysis just now. It's only the natural course of the game design.

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 23, 2015 18:17:36

This doesn't actually add to complexity very much but adds a lot of depth. It means that you don't use them as just different forms of the same unit. At least 3 of these are classic abilities that very few people can see these units having. I mean, ghost without ghostly abilities? Skeleton not resistant to arrows? Lich WITHOUT toxic cloud? Those things are what make the unit.

Honestly, if they can't balance it with a only a few abilities and 3 tiers, they don't deserve to make a Heroes game.

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 23, 2015 18:18:38

*not having

February 23, 2015 18:22:00

Thank you, Niwroc, that's the point I wanted to make. I don't want 200 abilities, only the basic ones that are truly mandatory, imho. And they all lack it.

Zatrakus95 Der Ritterliche
February 23, 2015 18:23:08

I guess I won't argue except for one thing- how to let devs know that that's requeseted topic? It will soon be flooded by trolling and other nonsense.

Actually I think that there is high probability of these being included in game based on Ubi ("different actors") agreeing on fairly big changes in games code a month before first hands on. That in my opinion is really promising and may suggest extended development period and higher budget based on masive (even if negative) feedback of customers.

February 23, 2015 18:29:15

I do hope they rework some things.

Funnily enough, in Academy, I didn't miss abilities at all. Not haven. Just Necropolis seems to be the problem. Also, they added that Vigilante abilities - it sounds as if added at last minute, given that the flanking feature seemed not to be something old. I wonder if they would make other units having that ability also?

February 23, 2015 18:41:07

Lack of HP works same as weakness to magic. And weakness to melee is not necessary, just lower stats. So you need only abilities Etherial and Ranged defense no weaknesses. Both can be balanced by stats. Spiders attack can also have a chance to web his enemy, who would not move/attack for 2 turns or until being attacked

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 23, 2015 18:45:34

I think its because Haven has never been big on abilities. Academy has a fair number, but doesn't necessarily need them. It's already unique with its preponderance of archers.

But Necropolis isn't all that interesting on its own with just its units. They're all basically different types of dead things without abilities. It's the abilities which really differentiate one from the next.

Niwroc Der Uralte
February 23, 2015 19:03:13

Dropping HP actually makes them more vulnerable to everything, and IMO kind of cancels out the point of being resistant to a damage type. All it would do is make them be as tough against that as their original hp, but make them weaker to all other forms of attack. Especially the spells of heroes.

February 23, 2015 19:09:17

No if you halve creatures HP but add ability that double defense or get only 50% dmg it will not make her weaker to might dmg. But spells will kill them twice. 300 dmg 30 hp 10 dead - 15 HP 20 dead

Zatrakus95 Der Ritterliche
February 23, 2015 19:17:45

@Matoob: To solve that problem we would have to make some damage calculations to check if it will feel consistant enough to be accepted. Despite that I like idea of stat tweaking over adding new abilities. They require new icons and fancy descreptions which takes time of both artists and writers.

Plodnice
February 23, 2015 16:32:31

ErwanBrenton transofmation :)

Mirash_ge Der Drache
February 23, 2015 16:36:06

you bully ))))))))))))))

rodaff Der Finstere
February 23, 2015 18:15:12

LOL

February 23, 2015 15:16:03

Have a nice day folks. One last question.

NOSFERATU or DRACULA

rodaff Der Finstere
February 23, 2015 15:22:33

NOSFERATU

violetcoffee
February 23, 2015 15:26:17

nosferatu
--http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs36/i/2008/242/c/8/Clan_Nosferatu_by_marchine.jpg

Necromancer1981 Der Uralte
February 23, 2015 15:27:00

Dracula - it's originator Vampire (Nosferatu)
Matooob do not be an idiot (sorry)

February 23, 2015 15:29:11

Dracula

Mirash_ge Der Drache
February 23, 2015 15:30:51

DRACULA

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 23, 2015 15:34:52

Anything is better than Arthas... and the Twilight series.

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 23, 2015 15:34:54

Dracula)

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 23, 2015 15:36:00

Matooob, and what is urs opinion?

violetcoffee

H7- gentlemen of fortune

DenisBulenkov
February 23, 2015 16:21:15

Edward from twilight xD

feidrota85 Der Wanderer
February 23, 2015 16:21:28

Both are good :) i would prefer the nostferatu but in a void necropolis, i believe here they aim towards aristocratic look - so dracula would fit well, also in the atmosphere of the game.

February 23, 2015 16:28:14

What is the difference? They'll all be looking like a spider anyway.

Mirash_ge Der Drache
February 23, 2015 17:02:19

Dracula-Spider )))

LiamWolf24
February 22, 2015 22:49:35

This is good news but I also want the spiders replaced with ghouls and the lamasus replaced with mummys.

Sempai_Mur Der Finstere
February 22, 2015 22:51:03

WE all do, bro ^^

Jon.Collins
February 22, 2015 22:54:57

both should have boobs, along with the vampires and liches. Sing it with me.
WE WANT MORE WOMEN!!!!

SteedLego
February 22, 2015 23:43:33

I like the lamasu. The spiders are not so bad, but I would rather have fate spinners.

Jon.Collins
February 22, 2015 23:47:29

yes SteedLego, support my more female units!

B_WE
February 23, 2015 00:00:05

I do not understand what you have against the spiders! They are real unique!!! They fit to necropolis!! They are like chalk and cheese!!

EnergyW Der Hacker
February 23, 2015 00:12:43

Because the Spider Cult idea is getting waaay too much? Or the fact that spiders should be alive, not dead? Or even the fact that you got namtaru, an aspect and champion of the Spider Goddess, which got reduced to a simple core spider?

B_WE
February 23, 2015 00:52:20

O.K.... the necropolis-town-screen is until now too much... But whether namtaru comes back is currently not sure... I personally would prefer to see some other neutral creatures associated with necropolis like death-angels, zombies, wraiths...