IxB0P0HxI
January 23, 2015 21:43:51

сделайте 3D режим , а то 2D многим и мне не нравится

Kyubi220 Der Beschützer
January 16, 2015 00:15:10

The building are too separate. Need more connections.

denisa016 Der Wahnsinnige
January 15, 2015 23:13:38

The town needs more bridges, way to many flying buildings.

Necroeroticus Der Wahnsinnige
January 15, 2015 10:39:57

Not bad, could be better, but could be a lot worse too. It just feels a bit all over the place. I think Havens castle screen is superior. Still, this isn't bad.

handsomewilly Der Schatzjäger
January 14, 2015 16:04:52

Simply not agree with this townscreen... Heroes 5´s academy city was awsome because of the mix of the concept of an air town and the 3D effect.
Don´t even need to put every single buiding on a mini island...I mean it suposes to be a city right?
Work in progress i guess..

Ipozhidaev61 Der Beschützer
January 11, 2015 15:16:36

Этот город выглядел бы лучше в 3D....

Elissar94 Der Magische
January 14, 2015 06:51:22

Я хочу 3D также

ninjafox91
January 09, 2015 01:31:37

I mean the design is nice but its representation is absolutely horrific!! Or is that supposed to be a joke? Absolutely horrible. what's up with this cheap cartoonish style?
Return the 3D town screens back!!

Elissar94 Der Magische
January 13, 2015 19:51:46

I agree ! Too much cartoony if I may. Oriental fashion way is cool for Wizards but more like in H5. In that glittering way, it reminds me more Conflux in H3 et that's not a pretty good memory. Pleaz pleaz 3D !

MillerAndrew Der Wahnsinnige
January 08, 2015 23:25:16

Eye of sapiens, knowledge tree as faction symbols, pyramids. So masonish...
Oh, wait... and Arcane library.

Jakedax
January 07, 2015 16:47:40

Basically the same problem as for Haven. The buildings for the champion creatures seem really cheap… Well, at least the one for the Titans is quite okay, but a little small I guess.
But the one for the Simurghs… Do Magicians really need only four little birds towers to invoke (or whatever) those f*cking huge impressive and powerful Simurghs? Maybe I missed a step…
Oh and that idea of keeping the city's growth as in H3 and 5 is great!

CuriousOnlooker
January 06, 2015 22:42:55

I really like SLOSlayer's point, which I never noticed before. What made the townscreens in 3 and 5 feel so unified and alive was that they weren't just a collection of the buildings you'd created--everything you built was integrated into a city that was already there, and it grew with the town's might.
I'd love to see that approach taken again.

kieltziel
January 06, 2015 13:11:57

I saw first the Haven townscreen... and it feels like a...copy and paste....the architecture has changed but don't you want to give each faction it's proper identity... This is academy... then perhaps you should make it feel like an academy with a huge center that you develop... The inspiration comes from India background... India is crowded and everything is upside down... I don't know what is the best... but there I feel like it's slightly indian Haven in the sky!

eviltiger13z
January 06, 2015 13:24:45

I agree with the copy and paste aspect

denisa016 Der Wahnsinnige
January 06, 2015 03:57:39

Ugly, way to much lighting. I get they have a golden dragon in the middle of their city, but still, tone the lighting down a bit. I personally hate this shiny fantasy Disney look of the towns, after the units have such a mature and darker tone. But that could be just me.
In my opinion, its ugly, im looking forward to mods to improve the experience when going inside a town screen and NOT HAVE THE TONE OF THE GAME CHANGE!

denisa016 Der Wahnsinnige
January 06, 2015 03:57:53

I mean if u guys want a Disney heroes, cool just make everything with the same tone. Dont make units look serious and mature and dark, and their town is Disney land.
I see u guys are planning on sucking in as many consumers as possible, but ur cutting way to many corners to please everyone!

denisa016 Der Wahnsinnige
January 06, 2015 03:58:57

Ya i did forget to correct my post, and i like this town screen, its just the lighting is so off, when compared to the rest of the game, was it a different team that worked on it?

callmestatic12
January 05, 2015 20:01:22

The large variety of non-dwelling buildings is fantastic! Also glad that we have so many units we can produce in each town. I do have a criticism for the town layout: it feels like there are too many floating buildings, seemingly stacked at random next to one another. Someone else in the comments suggested a return to the structural design of the academy city in homm V, and i have to agree. I love the eastern theme, and encourage you guys to go further with it!

Cleglaw Der Ratgeber
January 04, 2015 21:58:48

some may know, i m currently working on my own version of Fortress(dwarf).

i started as a bored guy sketching a dwarven mage guild, and now i decieded to expend it and make an acctual, complete town.

this is not the right place to talk about maybe, but i need feedback/opinion from you guys in this stage of concept.

what would you prefer as town terrain? open or closed spaces? hybrid? should there be a mountain? if yes, should town be inside or outside of it? or both? etc etc...

Cleglaw Der Ratgeber
January 04, 2015 21:59:56

early stage of dwarven mage guild i mentioned.

denisa016 Der Wahnsinnige
January 06, 2015 04:10:13

Id love to see ur city. Im sure its gonna look great, i mean Ubisoft design team rly didnt put much effort into making the town screens so far.

SLOslayer
January 04, 2015 07:54:32

Adding civilian buildings would really make it feel more alive. As it is now it feels too utilitarian - every building that exists is seperate and has aids own purpose, and there's nothing extra. The city doesn't look lived in - no houses, inter connectivity, etc. I really like how upgrading town in homm3 added housing. Adding extra buildings besides just the utilitarian buildings would add a lot of life - please do so!

skullbonejp
January 09, 2015 22:50:26

The idea of town growing and being more connected and more realistic as a civilization makes all the difference. I like the art and the buildings, but this isn't a town, just a menu that show a bunch of buildings. I think the creative process should be making it a town first and after that you add the buildings

KnotMyGuts
January 01, 2015 17:10:33

Arcane library looks exacltly like Russian ortodox church. It even has christian crosses placed on top of every dome. Wtf?

Foofighter2012
January 01, 2015 19:11:04

Yeah, surprisingly it is a pretty close cope of an Orthodox Church on the Red Square in Moscow. Though you see Slav architecture is not present at all and besides it does fit nicely to less-easternised Academy.