November 24, 2014 19:23:57

#GURS

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 11:22:44

I have seen another one so it makes two.

November 24, 2014 11:26:57

I know a few old players that dislike random skills but there are a rare minority and are capable of coming up with arguments unlike you lol

Mr.Rain Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 12:05:23

I agree, apart from insults and provocation, do you have arguments?

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 10:48:40

You can try every spell and mix builds. You can make something special from your hero by adding earth spell with dark one. Possibilities are limitless

November 24, 2014 10:57:05

It sucks. As I already said, I can play any other RPG for having what I want.
HOMM is about HOW you play according to what is proposed/offered.
You don't like it, I have nothing against that, but barging here saying the system defining the franchise's gameplay until MMH6 (so for +10 years) sucks is plain stupid and only make you appear like a big toilet. lol

Chiasa Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 11:06:58

Since mage guilds will be back, hopefully H6's blasphemy of choosing spells as skills will go away. That makes your arguments about choosing spells irrelevant. Non-random skill trees were one of the reasons H6 is such an insult to the franchise, besides you can get them in any other game, but let Heroes be Heroes

November 24, 2014 11:10:17

Have you ever played homm lol
ofc it isn't that kind of random.
So you are either troll either n00b.
Just have a decent argument lol

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 11:13:22

Is it so difficult to make for some people normal skill build and for some just fucking random picking?

Chiasa Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 11:15:34

I don't see anyone other than you whining about it, so I suppose making non-random build for one person is rather pointless :)

Mr.Rain Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 12:00:07

The wheel system of Heroes V skills is undoubtedly the best. He offered a percentage for each skill according to the chosen race, and could in advance to get a very accurate visualization skills that would take, without being 100% certain we'd have to have them.
Although the ideal compromise.

November 24, 2014 12:32:23

@Mr.Rain : I loved the H5 skillwheel system so much and for me almost never -or very rarely- being able to attain the ultimate was part of the charm, the legendary ultimate :P
However, this could be fixed (y)

Heroes360X Der Mächtige
November 24, 2014 12:45:17

i can only agree with Mr. Rain and Galaadlehaut. A random skill with the ultimates was awesome and never boring.

November 24, 2014 10:40:49

With random skills the strategy you will use will depend on the skills you get, preventing you to have the same optimal builds every game therefore ensuring better replayability.

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 10:45:54

If you want something different just choose different. Is it fucking difficult for you to choose different spell?

November 24, 2014 11:08:36

lol

Mr.Rain Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 12:03:23

It is in the nature of human beings to want to optimize everything, we need a touch of random, otherwise it goes straight towards standardization.

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 10:28:40

Fuck the random skill build. I wont buy a game where you don't have to think about your spells because they are fucking random. You cant choose your own strategy!

November 24, 2014 10:30:10

lol you might not understand how the game is played..
Anyway I think we heard your point.

Chiasa Der Wahnsinnige
November 24, 2014 10:33:08

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

garik256 Der Finstere
November 24, 2014 10:39:38

I want to have spells that I like when I like and have hero as I like. I want him to be lucky or I just decided to give him something special like a void spell or some armor.

November 24, 2014 10:40:22

November 24, 2014 10:41:48

garik256 : ANY other RPG is like that. HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC is supposed to be different, and randomness is (was?) part of its flavor.

Vretence
December 21, 2014 05:14:27

I also hate random skills. pointless. every faction should have own characteristic, according to their growth and development. h3 mage guild sucks.

Vretence
December 21, 2014 05:16:53

but you should really calm down. you're cussing in every comment.

Kmac0602
November 24, 2014 01:48:55

Put the skill wheel up for vote! Random or not....just that simple!

Irion88
November 24, 2014 01:22:29

It's too bad that the skills are not random :( ...
I just hope that the game can actually give a challenge

November 24, 2014 08:27:13

The devs think HOMM is RPG...................

November 24, 2014 08:28:52

WHILE IT'S NOT. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SMALL AMOUNT OF RPG ELEMENTS IN IT.
I CAN GO PLAY THE WITCHER YOU KNOW

damianjcoles Der Getreue
November 24, 2014 10:38:18

Did you just reply to your own reply?

November 23, 2014 21:22:11

Here's a suggestion for devs:
Give us a "n00b-mode" for the game. There you can give players free skills(no need for even exp, they just click and get the skill!), 100 champions at start and fully built town with even all the alternative buildings! The AI will wait patiently at their castle until player comes to battle and surrenders the moment battle starts so things won't get too hectic!

For the rest you can give random skills and some challenge in the game and everybody will be happy!

EnergyW Der Hacker
November 23, 2014 21:23:43

Nothing than a bit of magical mods and cheating codes.

damianjcoles Der Getreue
November 24, 2014 10:41:30

They're clearly championing random hero skills, not general randomness.

November 24, 2014 11:01:05

lol garik did you ever played homm lol

viragosg Der Erboste
November 26, 2014 14:26:48

I think he 's never played with a truly Heroes game.
He is just saying nonsense to raise the attention.

garik256 Der Finstere
November 23, 2014 14:36:04

If you have a random skill you cant build your strategy because its fucking random.

November 23, 2014 20:17:36

Or maybe you are just stupid.

November 23, 2014 21:16:26

Random skills have worked just fine so far... And if you consider h5 skillwheel, it was based on probabilities, not pure luck(you can check the chances for skill x from skillwheel).

H6 is prime example how "great" game can be with no randomness... It has been dead for good while, but older entries in the series are still alive with active fan-base. If you can't form a strategy based on what you're given you're not much of a strategist. Always gotta have the best skills and everything perfect...

Kmac0602
November 23, 2014 02:21:57

No random skill wheel is what made homm6 so terrible. This would seriously ruin something that looks so promising in my opinion

Ecoment
November 23, 2014 14:18:06

Random Skill was and should be element of a HoMM Game !!

TSOHun
November 23, 2014 17:22:31

Random skill wheel is terrible. You should be ashamed of yourself. It should not be in the bloody game >.<

November 23, 2014 20:17:00

TBS=/=RPG FFS

EnergyW Der Hacker
November 23, 2014 21:19:08

Wait... if non-random skill is an offense to the franchise, and H6 had that system... that would make H6 an offense to the franchise?

CenturionHavok Der Wanderer
November 23, 2014 21:25:44

Heroes 6 IS an insult to the franchise, bring back random skill wheel!

November 24, 2014 00:05:57

@EnergyW : Exactly.

Kmac0602
November 24, 2014 00:19:58

Wow such hostility for an opinion. Non random skill wheel equals the same builds over and over very boring and takes away from the challenge. Say what you want, but most people know heroes 6 was a big step back in the franchise. Ive replayed all the heroes over and over and 6 is just boring besides campaign

LightAvatarX Der Unberührbare
November 22, 2014 20:51:29

Personally I don't really like the idea to choose one of the two champions creatures!!!I would prefer two champions creatures in the heroe's units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 23, 2014 00:28:42

Well you could conquer another town that is the same as yours and have the other building there lol
Hope there is this destroy building option though

TCaay
November 23, 2014 05:07:53

I agree with you, LightAvatarX. I also want to have both which is never have before. But I think it is better if the developers have different line up with different champion so that we can choose which line up of army we want.

November 23, 2014 13:53:27

Well yes, but the diference will be only in the very end. Most of the game will be the same. And I do not understand what is so problematic on having 2 champion units. If both cost 20 dragonsomething to build then its quite balanced - you would not even have enough resources to buy them both in one week so I do not see a problem. If you dedicate enough and make strong economy - you would have powerfull army, seems fair to me. Saying you cant do something is bad gameplay design.

Thundersnow421 Der Mysteriöse
November 22, 2014 09:47:12

All faction tactics
Heaven"Defense
Inferno:Offense
Academy:Magical assault
Necropolis:Strength in number
Sylvan:Range attacks
Dungeon:Stealth
Fortress:Tanky frontline
Stronghold:Aggressive
Sanctuary:! by 1
(pls correct me if im wrong)

November 22, 2014 11:17:53

I'd say academy while magical it's defensive in nature. Making mage strongest elite and having less powerful melee is making it more defensive as it emphasizes shooters even more than before. Also if djinn is caster be that offensive or defensive it only encourages defense. By your terms I suppose it would be magical + ranged attack

Sylvan has one core and elite shooter so wouldn't really put it as ranged attacker.
Also dungeon is stealth by spell-school now, but line-up is not really the type.

Lord_Schwenn
November 22, 2014 09:28:43

and im even not satisfied with 5 ;)

garik256 Der Finstere
November 22, 2014 09:06:15

No random skill beatch!

Lord_Schwenn
November 22, 2014 01:12:11

thx 4 neutral creatures!

November 22, 2014 02:11:18

MOre than 4 !!!!!! :P

November 21, 2014 18:45:07

Well first part does not make sense at all... so there will be 3 tiers, but 2 of them will have stronger/weaker unit. What is purpose of this? Why not just say that there are 5 tiers or most simply just make it 7 as it was before? Seems to me that some part of ubi just want to make this another H6 while other part is trying to save this game from its doom.