January 22, 2016 23:50:29

You can release a thousand of patches, but without smart AI and challenge this game will never be worth playing longer than a few hours.

January 22, 2016 23:55:56

You also need to redesign skills, magic, specializations and abilities.

January 22, 2016 23:57:14

You know what I'm sayin'?

January 22, 2016 23:58:00

Now move your azz to work xd

GalaadBanban
January 22, 2016 17:36:02

Level cap removal!
Now only need to rework the skill and magic systems, skills and spells, hero specialities and creatures abilities, have a flawless multiplayer and better overall optimization lol

airodinamic
January 22, 2016 17:53:31

So basicly new heroes game :D

RobvD84 The Mad
January 22, 2016 20:48:06

But this is not Heroes. This is Might & Magic: Blergh....

That is the problem. They wanted to make it thier own, by changing it, and failed, big time. But Ubilols is too stubborn to see it.

Tito_Reni The Mad
January 22, 2016 20:24:25

Change the mechanics!!! Please!!!

mediczero The Hammer Of Fate
January 22, 2016 21:57:42

Well we can all agree on the specialzations and skillwheel atleast.

GalaadBanban
January 22, 2016 22:27:15

Yes it's true, so many of us will argue about lore or aesthetics, but when it comes down to mechanics, it seems we pretty much all want the same thing, and it's not news lol, really, the people responsible for the game design of h7 should be fired, I mean, thanks but no thanks, go design something else that maybe you will have an understanding of what is about lol

January 24, 2016 04:13:40

Why they don't change the skillwheel-shit-pizza?

Tito_Reni The Mad
January 24, 2016 16:46:37

@Elamivuol - They are going to replace the skillpizza with the skillburger :V

January 24, 2016 17:12:00

lol :D

Antalyan The Ancient
January 25, 2016 12:56:30

According to HC, they are planning some changes for sklil/class system but for skirmish only. Send them to hell - I want great campaigns at first.

bitmaid The Magical
January 25, 2016 15:38:36

Dear Antalyan, again one step ahead of me haha. They should really say something about it here though. I agree even with level cap removal they should at least apply it to scenario maps also. Skirmish maps feel like prolonged duels to me. I think people spend most time on campaign and scenario maps and maybe multiplayer (which is still broken as of now).

Antalyan The Ancient
January 25, 2016 16:56:47

They should but they don't.
And to be honest, I would be much happier if I did not know about it.
Now I have very little hope campaigns will some day more replayable. If all of the possible major changes in the future about hero development will exclude campaigns, I am not interested in them, and therefore neither in the game future development.

January 25, 2016 17:09:34

Antalyan even if you had choise for diffrent hero/abilities campaign is still preaty much linear oh you have choise to fight gorilla or snake after fight you still move the same path, choises here dont matter.

Antalyan The Ancient
January 25, 2016 19:43:30

I like how these campaigns work - linear.
This is what makes them diffrent to skirmish.

January 25, 2016 19:58:48

So you wanna replayable campaign and at the same time linear story line is it litte contradic whit term replayable? I guess its a personal taste i would even get bored doing same quest over and over.

January 26, 2016 06:38:01

It is too late to change the mechanics in this game. So maybe in a couple of years in H8. Who knows. We have been left with old good Heroes games for the next couple of years. An anniversary gift from UBI.

Tito_Reni The Mad
January 26, 2016 17:43:48

Well, back when we had good HoMM games there was a replayability because you could choose different abilities and skills. With H7 there is no replayability because the skillburger sucks so hard. I suppose that is what Antalayan means with replayability, to be able to do the same thing but in a different way.

Antalyan The Ancient
January 27, 2016 15:58:46

@Tito Reni
Exactly. H6 offered a great replayability but with terrible skilltrees (even much, much morse than H7 ones), only-conquer-all-the-enemies-cities missions, town portals etc., you had not many reasons to replay them.

GMnemonic
January 23, 2016 01:04:21

this game is sick cause of bad gameplay design aswell as extremely bad immersion map design scale and UI design I hope the latter is being revised completely with this patch instead of a small patch job

Wo0olfy The Mysterious
January 23, 2016 11:03:37

Let.s not forget about ugly graphics !
My eyes are tearing

GalaadBanban
January 24, 2016 23:51:12

lol so just decided to get back to h5 a bit and applied latest graphical patch from xuxo (so the work from one dude in his room lol).
To me it looks lightyears better than both h6 and h7, despite how old h5 is lol
Here are some screens lol
_
—http://i.imgur.com/93Hu2Jb.jpg
—http://i.imgur.com/hLN3X79.jpg
_
And you know what? The gameplay is great and the game is bugfree etc lol
This is not even h5.5, this is just tote 3.1 with QAI and xuxo patch (which is still WIP I believe) lol

January 24, 2016 23:56:55

Heroes 5!!!
A perfect game!

I have still one problem in it... Somehow the artifact: Ring of Speed always goes to weapon slot...
I have the update 3.0... Maybe it is fixed in the 3.1?

salvaterus The Furious
January 24, 2016 23:58:14

Some people might have a problem with H5 story but I think everyone can agree that H5 had a great soul, the creators did really good work in its creation and this patch 5.5 with improved graphic and some other changes only makes it better.

Shame that H7 is made by people who never played even H5, not to say H3

salvaterus The Furious
January 25, 2016 00:01:29

Elamivoul: download patch 5.5, trust me it is great

Spoiler alert: You can play even as master Sandro in singleplayer <3 :)

January 25, 2016 01:44:56

Wow!
That is so cool! :D

January 25, 2016 06:16:56

Galaad, you need to make list of mods for H3/H5 because you have shared with us so mamy good mods to those games.

bitmaid The Magical
January 25, 2016 15:22:13

Oh yeah, the MMH5.5 MOD is VERY impressive. I wonder if there will be any MOD for H7 at all ever because it's broken as it is. They hyped up the map generator so much that I thought it's going to be some revolutionary thing (silly me), turns out it doesn't even work. But never mind that, the game itself is still rife with bugs and design flaws. If anything the modder has proved that it's highly possible to improve the game and it just makes their lack of effort and sincerity THAT much blatant.

Antalyan The Ancient
January 25, 2016 16:50:16

Can be h5.5 combined with xuxo patch?

Sussugamon The Councilor
January 25, 2016 17:56:30

H5 was pleasing in its own way, but it marked the start of when I started not enjoying it that much.

RobvD84 The Mad
January 25, 2016 18:23:18

I don't think that H7 will be modded that much. The map editor where also the modding tools are a part of is also not working like it should be.

GalaadBanban
January 25, 2016 22:40:31

Actually I did such a list some time ago lol
_
—http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=40876

January 26, 2016 06:30:26

A really great list in one place. That is what I needed. Thanks.

Quasarum The Mysterious
January 28, 2016 00:25:55

Exaggeration.
I mean, it doesn't looks better than h7 to me. I saw how you threw off the comparison screenshots a while back. And screenshots of past games were of high resolution in contrast to the low quality screenshot of new one lol. But at the expense of gameplay and bugs I think everyone will agree) h5 - cool game.

January 28, 2016 14:22:09

Sure you have a right to disagree lol

January 28, 2016 13:23:12

Heroes 7 is a TRAVESTY compared to previous games!
I have never ever played so buggy game in my entire life!
Artifacts disappear as you put them on.. COME ON!!!
How on earth is that even possible???
I could have never even imagined that there could exist such error!

January 28, 2016 13:25:08

If this Heroes 7 would have still the name of Heroes of Might and Magic 7...
It wouldn't be worthy of that title!

This game deserves name of Might and Magic Heroes 7....

January 28, 2016 14:16:57

I guess you didnt play diablo 3 and simcity at release ;)

salvaterus The Furious
January 24, 2016 21:48:32

So new patch is here lets check the fixes and improvements from what I can see in the info and comments:
better specializations: nope
improved skill-wheel: nope
new unit models: no
better graphic: hahaha no
Necropolis instead of Spiderpolis: no

salvaterus The Furious
January 24, 2016 21:48:39

I could continue but we know that the answers are no, so:

question to the devs. What the hell were you doing this whole time?!
questions to players: Does the game still crashes?
question to fans: Shall we wait and hope for improvements or Shall we send these noobs to hell and make our own Heroes of Might and Magic game?

Mirash_de
January 24, 2016 22:16:46

In this game of global change not wait. The best that we can hope for is to fix errors and bugs.
The problem with this game originally - engine concept, and so on. It can not be changed, it is necessary at the outset to make another game.
Personally, I just want a normal multiplayer, which I do not see. For the rest, I do not expect at all.

Mirash_de
January 24, 2016 22:17:33

We need to really look , probably , will not change anything , probably. ((

Mirash_de
January 24, 2016 22:23:37

Today multiplayer H 7 - it's a shame! ((

Mirash_de
January 24, 2016 22:28:39

Graphic arts "pluck the eyes" - mockery of the players.

January 24, 2016 23:27:43

"question to the devs. What the hell were you doing this whole time?!"
- Just rotating their thumbs I guess.

"questions to players: Does the game still crashes?"
- On my computer the game has crashed few times, but never while playing.

January 24, 2016 23:30:24

It is really sad thing that they haven't upgraded or done ANYTHING to that F****** SKILL-MESS-SHIT-PIZZA-WHEEL!!

January 24, 2016 23:33:00

Actually I don't care wheter is it Necropolis or this Spiderpolis as much as for graphics..
In this H7 the current graphics just DON'T WORK!

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 graphics are far MORE better and beautiful than this crap!

January 24, 2016 23:33:46

And last but not least...

More neutral creatures, please! :)

January 25, 2016 16:17:24

Heroes 2 had more immersive menu than this. Seriously? Generic rectangles as buttons in 2016? This game is still so not finished ... android games for 1eur have better graphics in menu than this. Sorry. :/

johnvanmichael The Mysterious
January 25, 2016 19:07:29

it cant be helped ... whether its laziness or ignorance

January 24, 2016 20:07:45

I will repeat one thing to you, guys. This game also contains too much repetitiveness and similarity. Tooo bad. In H5 each hero felt different, each faction felt different, each spell felt different, each skill felt different and unique. I do not know, but devs; have you ever played H5 before???

January 24, 2016 20:09:42

Each specialization felt different and uniqe etc.

January 24, 2016 20:11:37

*Guys, spread this word everywhere if you want the best heroes game in the future.

January 24, 2016 20:21:29

What I also loved so much about Heroes games was randomness. Get it into your brains. Five Heroes games contained this magical ingridient. And if you want to turn this series into other game, go on.... but do not dare to call it a Heroes game. You can expand, add new things, evolve it, but never change the core of what Heroes games were based on.

January 24, 2016 20:23:49

Why? Because it will be a failure; and you will fail, too.

January 24, 2016 23:36:04

Correct!

Heroes games needs SKILL RANDOMNESS ! ! !

This reminds of King's Bounty which has not random skills.. But it works in that game!
Certainly NOT in this!

January 25, 2016 06:24:54

Randomness, in H5, was also present beyond skills. Some abilities and spells were also random, and I loved it.

January 25, 2016 06:53:32

They want to make a Heroes game and they feel like removing, say, randomness? How ignorant is this?

January 25, 2016 06:57:53

It immediately shows how little they know what Heroes games were about. Thus, you should give away this franchise to someone else. Yes, not sell, You need to GIVE it AWAY, lol.

January 25, 2016 07:51:38

Hmm 5 heroes games had randomes in skill system if i recall in h1 there werent any skill system when hero level up only get stat up. Maybe counting h7 into that but at the same time saying its not a heroes game :/

January 25, 2016 08:19:10

Dude, H1 was just an introduction, which was evolvimg in good direction (H2, H3 etc.) Now it is not.

'

January 25, 2016 08:28:27

Now they simply remove the best features of the series - such as randomness of skills, abilities, spells etc. And know that I actually never even played H1, probably most people here haven't played it because it is simply old and weak nowdays.

January 25, 2016 08:32:13

It was full game not a demo and it still didnt have skill system and based on that skill system was "added" in h2 then skill system was "evolved" more in h3,h4,h5. And for core mechanic i woudn't still incude it becouse it weren't in all games

January 25, 2016 08:36:42

I still woudnt call it weak becouse of it we have h2,h3,h4(still hating this game),h5,h6 and current product h7

January 25, 2016 12:45:40

Your thinking is silly. We are not moving backwards. We should move forward. Thus, not removing best features of the series.

January 25, 2016 14:16:32

So we shoud forget abaut evrything in past and move forward ? Yep somehow feel that this was used agains h3 and h5 so they shoudnt sticking in certain era ;D.And somehow i feel that you are stuck in the past of era h5 and you cant move forward ;).

January 25, 2016 14:29:20

You do not get what I amy saying. I am saying we should keep the best features of the series that most people loved. And randomness is a key feature. H7 was actually supposed to be such a game, yet they totally failed. Probably it was just marketing, which in the long termvdoes more harm to the franchise.

January 25, 2016 14:35:27

Don't tell me that removing or replacing features is 'moving forward' They oversimplify things, remove things, and make the game boring. That is how they move forward. Yet they even fail to achieve what they had in minds.

January 25, 2016 14:41:04

In civ 5 they reduced spying system from civ 4 and make it simple and still game is succefull and have bigger player base than heroes and radom feature there is only for starting location and ruins (shoshone bypass this radom). I guess reducing some features or removing is common in game marketing

January 25, 2016 14:47:44

By the whay you have random system optional in h7 ;)

RobvD84 The Mad
January 25, 2016 14:50:03

@Eltheris i am sorry but you are comparing 2 different genres, also there is a difference in having core elements of the game and just a part of a game. And since spying was never really such a big part in Civ games (atleast i felt it wasn't that much of a important part in the game), you can't compare it to important core elements that made the game good.

January 25, 2016 14:50:52

Really? How did they reduce it? Many civ fans would not agree with you because Civ 5 brought some drastic changes.

RobvD84 The Mad
January 25, 2016 14:55:33

That beeing said. The problem here is that we, the fans, who have been playing this franchise from the beginning have been telling Ubilols what not to do, and they still did it anyways, and then claiming they made the game together with us.
And they should have known that changing the core elements of the game has never worked. Look at H4 (even tho i like H4) for example or H6 for that matter, these 2 games failed to do what the other games did because it tried to be something else.

January 25, 2016 14:55:50

And I am not against a change if the change is good. In Civ 5 they did not remove spying. It simply works differently. How did they reducevit?

RobvD84 The Mad
January 25, 2016 15:02:04

And there is now a new problem. The last 2 "Might & Magic" games has divided the community even more, since H6 brought new fans to the franchise. These ppl will keep claiming that the "newer" games in this franchise should be like this. And we already had multiple discusions about if picking skills should be random or free. Wich in my eyes shouldn't even be a discussion.
Random is a core element of the game, it's what the game made fun and replayable.

January 25, 2016 15:06:54

I also loved randomness in abilities, spells, or even specializations.

January 25, 2016 15:20:59

Now it a version for dummy only 3 option steal technology, rig election in city state and counterespionage for kiling enemy. I guess for some previous system was to complex and this was said in some statistic that they gathered and its a pity that they had to nerf it the same removing healt system. Now question was it inportan system to me yes it was for you robv no it wasn't.

January 25, 2016 15:21:14

Diffrent question diffrent answer for each individual and propably the same analogy we can use in heroes game that there were some statictic gathered and i really dont know what the majority even like.

January 25, 2016 15:25:35

Civ is extremely moddable, and it has a good modding community, which means there are mods that fixbmanybthings you are talking about.

Shukfir The Magnificient
January 25, 2016 15:26:04

mErEnEfErEee, you mean H8? Because in H7 spells are still random, skills & abilities can be random, if you check it before starting game.

January 25, 2016 15:29:46

No, what I mean are random effects during battles.

January 25, 2016 15:46:16

And i hope that h7 will be moddable and some may have their male druid ];-> and other crucial stuff fixed.

Shukfir The Magnificient
January 25, 2016 15:48:55

During battles? Are there not enough randomness in battles? Damage of creatures is random (between max and min), luck and morale is random, damage from spells is also random. I suppose, probably, the battles are too random. Personally, I prefer the battles, where the result more depends on player's tactics, less than randomness.

January 25, 2016 16:00:00

Basically, I want things like incorporeal ability or Galib Spell Twister. The bigger level, the better chances of activating the ability, spell etc. Of course, I dont want all of them to work that way, only some of them.

January 26, 2016 02:15:15

"By the whay you have random system optional in h7"
. Where and how?

January 26, 2016 02:16:47

By the way....

The damage of spells are ridiculous!
IT SHOULD NOT BE RANDOM ! ! !
Because it always hits like the least amount of damage!

Sussugamon The Councilor
January 26, 2016 03:22:53

Probably a bug, or their way to fix AI.

RobvD84 The Mad
January 26, 2016 07:54:35

Well i guess it's because H7 was all about balance, but even at that they failed.

January 26, 2016 08:17:08

Ah balance topic my dream in evry game its like a dream that propably will never come, so many patches that will come but this still idea will never come true;). Robv you really brought here a nasty topic ;D

B_WE
January 26, 2016 08:50:01

One of the strengths of the old titles (h3) was the fact, that the game was not balanced to the last detail... Remember the swamp or elven faction against necromancers or dungeon faction...
Now I have the feeling, that the whole game is balanced to death!!!!

B_WE
January 26, 2016 08:51:28

Randomness rules!!!
@mErEnEfErEee +1!!!!!

r4www
January 26, 2016 13:45:46

They should change it to something like the h5 one with the first expansion, if there will be one. Really liked that one. Two random skills and two abilities when leveling if I remember correctly. Although I cheated abit with a skillwheel on my desktop, it was still fun, and could end up with something different than planned but still awesome

January 24, 2016 20:15:13

And BRING BACK H5 specialization system :P

January 24, 2016 20:22:46

Why? Because it will be a failure; and you will fail, too.

January 24, 2016 20:25:49

Why? Because the current one is failure :P Moshi, will your remove my duplicate messages with typos? What a shame.... no edit button...

January 24, 2016 23:36:30

AMEN

Mayflower007
January 22, 2016 21:06:29

I don't want to say, I appreciate Your effort, but the main problem (for most of Us) is that the Game looks ugly.. It is few steps back (graphic) if You compare to H6.. I didn't expected High-Ultra-The Newest Engine.. but it's hard to look at it.. SECOND thing is.. specialization(s), why We cannot choose it by Ourselves? Some of them are really stupid..

GalaadBanban
January 23, 2016 12:29:58

If you ask me both h6 and h7 look like crap lol
still upvoted you as at least h6 had its own engine with its own assets and objects were more detailed

rodaff The Dark
January 22, 2016 20:38:32

That's it??? After one month without any news, we get this? Level cap removal and "we'll try to fix multiplayer".
The disappointment never ends

Hoo_the_fool
January 22, 2016 17:52:34

All of those patches are just like trashes. Level-cal removal doesn't give variety of strategies at all due to the worst skill wheel system, putting a new menu is extremely easy so that this is even not a significant patch, online connectivity, OMG, come on! We are living in 2016 and even the HOMM3 could provide a perfect multiplayer game without the fuckin STORM!!!

January 24, 2016 04:17:49

This is something we have been waiting for....
Some updates at last!!
But......
...........
...........
Well this update makes me wonder...
WHY haven't you changed the skillwheel???

January 24, 2016 04:18:00

NO ONE LIKES IT

January 24, 2016 04:19:53

It is so stupid that I can't choose whatever skill I want!

Bring back the RANDOMNESS like ALREADY!!!

January 24, 2016 04:20:34

Still numerous of bugs there are still!

January 24, 2016 04:25:11

I have completed the Haven campaign...
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHY ON EARTH I AM PLAYING GAME LIKE THIS ! ! !
Simply WASTE OF TIME!!
Like watching f****** Twilight -movies!!!

xixo78 The Dark
January 24, 2016 19:11:19

Just reviewing:

1_initiative combat system from "Heroes V is the best". (sure it is)
2_all abbilities are the same so redesign skills, magic, specializations and abilities.
3_the game "graphic looks ugly" and bad gameplay design
4_"without smart AI" and challenge this game will never be worth playing.

Get to work!

Sorgimus
January 24, 2016 19:13:43

I do not believe that developers can realize that...

Unfortunately - NOT BELIVE !

January 24, 2016 23:39:51

I quote an orc from Lord of the Rings (game or movie, can't remember)))
"Move it scum! Get back to work you maggot!"