Thranduilll Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 22:08:47

Please stop. Stop immediately. Stop posting that. Stop being stubborn. Run H5. Analyse the Skill Wheel. Think. Improve it and adjust it to all schools of magic. Don't forget to make it different for each faction. Forget about H6. Enjoy the success of gameplay.

Bongowomabt Furia
April 17, 2015 22:14:07

U also need 3 more to unlock the tirs. So in the end its 10 skill points for all including the ult (so u can onmly have 3 skills maxed lol ;D

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 22:14:24

UP!
Forget about H6!

rodaff Mroczny
April 19, 2015 17:48:08

They should never forget H6.
The devs should always remember that game and the great flaws it had, that way they wouldn't repeat those mistakes again. Sadly for some reason they seem to think H6 was good...

Niwroc Pradawny
April 20, 2015 23:20:25

Wow, 39 upvotes, maybe this is someone you should listen to Ubi-Limbic.

rodaff Mroczny
April 21, 2015 01:31:58

@Niwroc
Not only this comment, check out the most upvoted comments in the last 7 articles and you'll see that in each one of them the main concern of the people is the skillwheel, the level of disappointed with the direction of the game is high.

LordGraa Łowca Skarbów
April 17, 2015 18:50:53

Too much complicated texts of those "SkillSpells" and so little diversity.

8 spells per school = 8*7 = 56 spells. Seems OK but I am afraid we will get just the same spells in different colors with different names.

You want to create the best of Heroes, yet you keep doing the same mistakes and forgetting taking the right examples of things that have worked.

For whom do you do this game?

For us... players... fans...
Listen to us and together we will create the "best of"!

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 19:03:43

yep, and we do NOT want a H6 reloded!

Woodplay Magiczny
April 17, 2015 19:16:28

This is not even Homm6 reload, this is rushing out and not listening to fans reload, seeing the development of Homm7, I don't think Homm6 is that poor developed

SlumbrousShip5 Furia
April 17, 2015 19:17:48

actually there are 8 spell schools. The core 4, light and darkness. Then we got prime that doesn't belong. And the last is warcries, which also doesn't belong. None of this crap would matter if they weren't forcing us (those that enjoy playing ALL factions) to play with every single skill they made.
What does it matter to them if I want to play with only a few skills and spell schools. I should be free to play how i want like it was in every other heroes game before this one.

RRick_CZ Triumfator
April 17, 2015 19:17:56

Better to ask for WHAT do you do this game ? --- money

It´s too late now to make the "best of" but I agree they should show us things they are planning to do, not the things they already did. This way we can´t help them and this whole "council" is pointless.

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 19:24:26

@ Rrick
You are right, we need to know what is going on to give feedback before we get cr@p

Antalyan Pradawny
April 17, 2015 19:51:13

It irritates me a lot when they only show us finished game elements, this is how I DEFINITELY do not imagine cooperation with us on the game development. I admire their work but they should listen to us, to our ideas and opinions.
I hope do they will fix some things which we hate do much, at least if they want to sell this game, for example they have to give a ghost an inapr. Ability and allow us change the classes of the main heroes.

mErEnEfErEee Furia
April 17, 2015 21:28:22

They do not cooperate with us; they just share some stuff with us. We have no influence whatsoever. Our feedback means nothing. They do what they like, anyway.

Antalyan Pradawny
April 17, 2015 22:02:49

But it is much better then H6 development when only VIP fans had an opportunity to show their opinions. Now we have at least this site where we can discuss and the developers are listening (and hopefully they will learn for the future, this IS how the game should be developed, with as much colaboration with us as possible).

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 22:07:53

devs not listening, they are deaf(ated)

Woodplay Magiczny
April 17, 2015 22:12:51

A small question, how do you know that they are listening? all I know they are moderating and maintaining the web
Over the past 8 days, people been raising countless suggestion to skill wheel... even before the project, me excluded, fans been suggesting a lot of comments... But only 3-4 is executed, not because fans demanding them, it is because Ubi know if they lack of these 3-4 elements, they can't call it Homm7 & Homm6 don't have a good brand name worldwide (although the sale is high)

Woodplay Magiczny
April 17, 2015 22:16:07

p.s I am not hinting Homm6 is bad game, just poorly deliver and incomplete

Antalyan Pradawny
April 18, 2015 21:11:14

I believe that they are listening. But imagine that you are working hard on some thing and after this hard work you can finally show your work. And you hear really much crticics about it. Would you react? Would you say I will do it once more completely again (and you will probably complain again)?
We have no chance to get the skillwheel reworked, so we should find its good sites, not only the negative ones. (I will try to write some + and - of this skillwheel tomorrow).

Antalyan Pradawny
April 18, 2015 21:12:46

Nevetheless, to understand me, I really do NOT say that this skillwheel is great. I just say that h6 system was worse.

RRick_CZ Triumfator
April 18, 2015 21:17:42

Spíš to chce pořádnej spam aby se k tomu konečně vyjádřili :D :D

Šance na úplnej rework určitě ne, ale věřím, že něco by se s tím udělat dalo ... mě by bohatě stačilo kdyby šlo všech 10 skillů na Master rank a aby byly jen 3 hlavní skilly pro klasu určený, a zbylých 7 vybralo náhodně na začátku mapy ... ze začátku sice budeš brát nejspíš furt ty hlavní schopnosti, ale i tak lepší než nic. No a možná by bylo dobrý kdyby šlo vzít jen jednu ultimátku a ne všechny 3.

RRick_CZ Triumfator
April 18, 2015 21:19:38

A pro srovnání s H6 - samozřejmě že je to lepší, ale udělat pokrok oproti H6 neznamená že to je dobrý... je to akorát lepší, ale furt špatný :D když chtějí udělat to "best of" tak by měli spíš porovnávat oproti těm nejlepším dílům a ne oproti těm nejhorším );

Antalyan Pradawny
April 19, 2015 15:42:37

No, já nejsem úplně fanda random systému, takže náhodně vybraný skilly by byly podle mě blbost (vždycky bys mapu restartoval, doukud bys nedostal kombinaci, co chceš :D)
Docela i chápu, že všechny skilly nejsou přístupný všem frakcím, to koneckonců ani nedává moc smysl, aby se nekromant mohl naučit magii světla. Ale nemožnost vylepšit předdefiované skilly na max je ubohost, která kazí celý systém.
A označení best of heroes: to říkali už o pětce a šestce :D

rodaff Mroczny
April 19, 2015 17:52:43

I think the devs listen to us when we mention superficial topics like lineups and creature appearance, but when it comes to the important stuff like gameplay and mechanics then our voices means nothing to them.
Hope I'm wrong and in this week the devs respond to the criticism about the skill wheel.

Najakir Kreeganin
April 19, 2015 17:59:45

Rodaff : creature design isn't important, I agree... but it's very costly, so if they change unit design, they can change skillwheel. If only they give some reaction, showing at least that they are thinking about it... We will see (hopefully) next week...

Avonu_de_Odihs Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 18:22:20

Why most of spells/skills are copy/paste from Heroes 6?
Where are others spells like: Fly, Dimmension Door or even simply Summon Air Elemental? Instead we ended with Storm Arrows, Storm Winds or Thunderclap effect from HoMM6.
Even Lightning Reflex is renamed Cat's Reflex from Heroes 4.

And correct me if I am wrong but it seems youcan learn Master of Air III without knowing two other masters, right?

EnergyW Twardziel
April 17, 2015 18:24:09

Hopefully not, it wouldn't make sense.

Maybe it is incomplete, or we may see them as prime spells, don't know. It does feel... incomplete.

ELFGOU
April 17, 2015 18:24:18

Where is Haste?

April 17, 2015 18:31:14

@ELFGOU I believe haste was moved to prime-magic since they seem to use h6 spells.

Avonu_de_Odihs Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 18:34:12

Haste, Slow, Disruption Ray, Dispel Magic, Teleport and Implosion are Prime Magic spells in Ashan.

Woodplay Magiczny
April 17, 2015 18:35:23

I missed fly and Dimmension Door too, they really good spells makes the game challenging and fun.
Teleportation in combat will be in prime (homm6) and mana recovery... there is no indication of additional air spells, 8 spells for 7 magic guild, about 56~60 spells for homm7 :<

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 18:38:40

Why we need prime magic?
For me haste is an air spell, but i am old fashioned...

ELFGOU
April 17, 2015 18:46:56

Ok thanks

Avonu_de_Odihs Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 19:08:06

Just to clarify:
Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning - no explanation needed ;)
Ylath's Clairvoyance = Visions from H3
Storm Arrows = from H6
Lightning Burst = Sparks from H4
Gust of Wind = Monk's Tsunami from H6
Cyclone = Thunderbird's Hurricane from H6
Lightning Reflexes - Cat's Reflex from H4
Master of Air II = Storm Winds II and Thunderclap from H6

Nubbocrates Wspaniały
April 19, 2015 07:09:05

I'm unsure how i feel about prime magic. In heroes 3 haste and slow were so important it was wrong that they should be limited to a certain school so I initially liked the idea of a 'neutral' school everyone would use. Thats not how it has worked out though.

rodaff Mroczny
April 19, 2015 17:58:51

@Avonu, You are rigth I forgot about Fly and Dimmension Door, those two spells were pretty badass.

Najakir Kreeganin
April 19, 2015 18:02:05

Teleportation is a prime magic spell, so normal to not see it here.

I also miss elemental summoning...

Sorgimus
April 17, 2015 18:25:59

1) These Skill System NOT Skillwheel - please Devs don't use this name!

2) As I understand Ultimate abilite the same for each faction! That is once more big mistake. All factions should be DIFFIRENT! - And that is one more why this system NOT Skillwheel.

3) I hope that is not ALL spells of Air School or that is so poor!

---
#FBTWS
#Rework_Heroes_Skills_to_Classic_Skillwheel

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 17, 2015 18:30:43

1. Okay, you are getting too preachy there. I want the skillwheel to improve, but this kind of thing is ridiculous.

2. Each faction has its own racial ability - Metamagic, Righteousness, Necromancy, Bloodrage...

Each of these abilities has its own Ultimate. Ultimates from other abilities are class-specific. For example in Stronghold, only Stormcaller can have Air Magic ultimate.

3. I want to summon Air Elementals... =(

Yogoort Szalony
April 17, 2015 18:32:31

this is not skillWHEEL but skillpPIZZA system ;]]]]]

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 17, 2015 18:33:04

Hur hur.

Najakir Kreeganin
April 17, 2015 18:36:12

Yes, elemental summoning would be cool...

Antonsky Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 19:04:50

Maybe we will be able to summon elementals thanks to ring artifact, like in H5.

Nubbocrates Wspaniały
April 19, 2015 07:24:04

I also love summoning . Though scaling and balance can be tricky. Its really fun running around as a high level mage with just a skeleton crew and using summoned armies.

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 18:24:50

So.. getting the Air Magic skill allows hero to learn up to 5 spells, that's not many. They're quite varied which is good but anyway.. (why no summon air elemental or dimension door?)
7 magic schools is too many, it does not allow any hero (even Academy!) to be a really versatile spellcaster
And why did you get rid of Sorcery?

LichRotkiv Doradca
April 17, 2015 18:28:56

Summon elemental will probably be for Earth magic, and than it will randomly summon element according on which terrain you stand on. -just my personal view. I also want each element summon in his magic school.. but too hard to do that...

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 18:43:32

yep 10 skill-slots -1 racial skill -7 school of magic => 2 frre slot if you play an academy magic hero, and he/she spenf it for 5 spell/school?

i am disapointed

Pawek1308 Pradawny
April 19, 2015 12:45:39

@xzloth01:
Academy heroes will have 4 schools of magic at most, according to one of the VIPs.

xzloth01 Wierny
April 19, 2015 21:26:00

@ Pawek
in h2-5 anacademy mage had the possibility to collect al the spell schools,
so why devs wrote
"Mages from Academy are masters of all schools of magic with no discrimination."
sorce: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/academy-s-magic-heroes
if the best mages get max 4 schools of magic?

Access to all schools of magic was/is the principle of "wizardty/mageness"!.

April 17, 2015 19:13:12

That moment when you regognize that controversial Heroes 4 from 13 years ago totally outbeat Heroes 7 magic. Oh cmon, you guys like to copy paste, what about copypasting all spells used in previous heroes games, balance them, add some new and you have brilliant magic system + H5 skillwheel and more useful abilities = best game mechanics ever, wasnt it your goal?

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 19:15:12

Here at Might and Magic HQ we're very fond of Heroes 6 and we believe it was best in the series. This and Clash of Heroes of course :)

April 17, 2015 19:16:02

They can't copy-paste older games because of the code, but I think they can use a lot of h6 code as is. I'm guessing h6 and h7 are very compatible with each other and they try to cannibalize as much as possible from it.

Woodplay Magiczny
April 17, 2015 19:19:16

Fine, if they can't copy and paste, make new one or at least don't delete old one in Homm6

Avonu_de_Odihs Tajemniczy
April 17, 2015 19:19:37

Clash of Heroes is very nice game... unlike like HoMM6.

Pawek1308 Pradawny
April 17, 2015 19:19:49

Chiasa:
Clash of Heroes is a great game! It may have controversial artstyle but the gameplay of that game is great to say at least. You have problem withCoH, you have problem with me. ;)

Shukfir Wspaniały
April 17, 2015 19:20:01

@ramborusina, no! Do not let them use even a byte of H6's totally bugged code.

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 17, 2015 19:20:10

Chiasa, be sarcastic all you want about Heroes 6, but Clash of Heroes was actually very good.

jshalky Potężny
April 17, 2015 19:21:15

@ramborusina: They do not have to copy paste the code
All they need to do is use them as base for their own to create more spells

mErEnEfErEee Furia
April 17, 2015 19:22:00

Because of this I am losing my interest. And I'll tell you something. It will not be the best heroes game. Just an average, oversimplified game with nice graphics. Play it once and never come back to it - that is the destiny of H7.

Niwroc Pradawny
April 17, 2015 19:22:49

Hey, Clash of Heroes was a great game, really suited to my puzzle solving side. But here, yeah, looks like H6 copy/paste and not nearly enough spells.

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 19:23:41

Now, now don't get me wrong I liked Clash of Heroes and I think it was a really nice little game, but I don't consider it anything more than a spin-off for mobile devices. As much as I enjoyed playing it I would not want devs to take much inspiration from it while making Heroes :3 Oversimplification comes to mind...

April 17, 2015 19:31:35

@jshalky the point kinda was that it would mean they have to work for it if they took it from older games so they won't do it. H6 on the the other hand is their great source of "inspiration"(calling it copy/paste almost feels mean for devs...) ;P

jshalky Potężny
April 17, 2015 23:15:20

@ramborusina: I do agree with you that it is not copy paste and I also think they can not use much of H6 code because it is different engine ets.. I understand this no problem.

On the other hand what I do not understand is since they are using H6 as inspiration why are they not using the spells there? And also I would not mind similar efects spells for different scholls. Because as I see it now there will be no way for orcs to cast mass haste or slow. That will be not good ihmo

Tito_Reni Szalony
April 17, 2015 23:42:57

@merenefere1282 - Well, we have a big problem here, because that is exactly what Ubisoft wants. They don't want to make the "definitive" HoMM game, they want to sell you one, and then another, and another, and another. Why sell one great game when you can sell hundreds of crappy games?

Nubbocrates Wspaniały
April 19, 2015 07:18:59

The heroes 5 skill wheel was half the fun. I would plan ahead on paper, avoid witch huts and reload just to get all those cool unique skills and build my perfect Hero. Loved making a fallen knight or unlocking teleport assault for my demon.

rodaff Mroczny
April 19, 2015 18:03:05

I truly believe that H7 will be better than H6 and maybe H4, but it won't be anywhere near classics like H3 and 5. Just another average game.

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 22:23:26

These articles should've been posted months ago, while the details of skill system and magic were still work in progress. This way it would've been easier to make things right, now we will learn how it's too late to change what's already implemented but they will try to make some adjustments which may easily result in some rushed crap or not change anything at all and we'll get H6v2

Bongowomabt Furia
April 17, 2015 22:36:49

haha I agree H6v2 however I like some of heroes 6 and only a few thigs I don't like in this skill are great but its to locked down with the ultimates ect

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 22:42:06

Exactly, 6 classes each with predetermined ultimates it could get is too restrictive, it's clear it was designed with non-random in mind. Limiting the number of possible strategies and hero builds is not the way to make the game replayable.

Bongowomabt Furia
April 17, 2015 22:46:12

yes u cant random it :D I mean at leats in heroes 5 u can go to the person to re do all ur skills.
Thing is I preferred the non random but the only good thing is I like the inq build fire magic great :D all I wished was we got fire and light magic or fire and prime magic the magic clalses seem to have less magic were as academy u could have all with there heroes 5 ult skill

mErEnEfErEee Furia
April 17, 2015 22:46:35

I will still play H3 and H5. I will come back to H2, which I didn't play, but not THIS. They don't even know what is classic and what is not etc.

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 22:49:19

@meren
Hehe, yeah I bought H2 at gog recently :D
Actually all this talk about skillwheels made me want to re-experience glorious H5 skill system so I'm playing it right now :3

Bongowomabt Furia
April 17, 2015 22:53:44

I loved heroes 5. I just liked being able to play magic heaven :D that's why I like the new might and magic separate classes cos I like to play magic nad not might so even as a heaven knight I went as much magic as I could.

mErEnEfErEee Furia
April 17, 2015 22:57:27

@Chiasa: Been playing H5 quite often since December, mostly duels now. It is definately worth playing H2, though.

EnergyW Twardziel
April 17, 2015 18:41:31

Bonus air magic spells:
*Unskilled: Electric Jolt (inflicts minor air damage), Misty Cloud (reduces speed for flying units)
*Novice: Blessing of Ylath (when casted, the hero receives a bonus to movement on the map)
*Expert: Misty Clouds (aka Mass Misty Cloud), Fog (reduces enemy ranged units' damage, attack and initiative), Sky Dance (unit receives flying ability)
*Master: Summon Air Elemental, Hurricane (towards a targeted area the units are pulled in and take damage)

EnergyW Twardziel
April 17, 2015 18:41:54

Was it that hard to come up with new ideas (mostly, besides the names)?

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 17, 2015 18:42:29

Upvoted for the Air Elemental =)

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
April 17, 2015 18:53:28

EnergyW, please explain about these skills, my little friend!

Necromancer1981 Pradawny
April 17, 2015 18:54:32

I can not understand them correctly in English

Niwroc Pradawny
April 17, 2015 19:27:48

These are actually pretty good, not a fan of misty cloud and I think fog could use a different name, but otherwise pretty good.

Milets Strażnik
April 18, 2015 01:52:07

Those are great ideas!

harrybmw Tajemniczy
April 18, 2015 03:06:48

There are pretty good ideas. some more,
*Master:storm strike(buff on single unit, add x% of melee damage to lightning damage and chain among enemies standing close to each other)(like thane in h5)
*Novice:air shield (receive reduced damage from ranged attacks and air magic) (yeah, 2 old h3 spells combined)

damianjcoles Wierny
April 18, 2015 11:49:23

Most of those spells you suggested would hardly (if ever) be used by players. Quality over quantity.

Chiasa Szalony
April 20, 2015 12:08:47

What is the purpose of this site if information on important features is posted once everything is done and it's too late to change anything? There'd been a lot of feedback on skillsystem and other things that are already implemented in this game even before H7 development started and all of it has been ignored. All our feedback here is just as pointless so what is the point of maintaining this blog and opening up comments section?

Limbic-Jaelle
April 20, 2015 12:15:42

It seems like I was not making my point clear.
We are really glad for all the feedback we got so far.
We read the forums, the SC and realized, where the problems are, we got the input.
Yes, we used the input as well. You all were heard.
BUT.
There is no possibility to change a McDonalds into a Burger King, even if you'd love a Burger King way more than a McDonalds. And then there are still the people, which prefer Taco Bell or KFC.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 20, 2015 12:17:05

Some people prefer Heroes of Might and Magic, sorry.

Limbic-Jaelle
April 20, 2015 12:19:49

I know. I just want to make an easy-visible analogy. ;)

Marblethrone Rycerski
April 20, 2015 12:22:43

@Galaad:

Although I wouldn't mind a Harpy Meal....

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 20, 2015 12:26:12

Great, lol

Tomaskooo17 Furia
April 20, 2015 12:45:20

Yes but during H6 skill system was many unhappy people , many of HOMAM community , why you didnt ask which way we want to go . Skill system in H7 is one of the most important part of the game . If you do bad move you start loosing customers same like MC Donalds or KFC or SUBWAY if they do bad food.

Mirash_ge Smok
April 20, 2015 12:45:50

I do not eat fast food ((

Torgiljs
April 20, 2015 12:48:21

Hi, Limbic-Jaelle!
1) need connection between different skills to be able to develop different heroes;
2) To achieve Super ability (Grandmaster ability) have to sacrifice some skills. Approach Super ability not be linear.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 20, 2015 13:08:29

@Tomaskooo17: Yes Ubisoft fails in every aspect: lore & universe (divide community), gameplay (divide community), and marketing (oh, community allies)

Thranduilll Tajemniczy
April 20, 2015 13:55:55

You know what I propose? To close the comments section then. It is sure for 100% that our feedback isn't worth anything. It's just a place when we all come and hear this:
UbiLimbic: "Eat our burgers"
Fans: "But we want salad and..."
UbiLimbic: "EAT OUR BURGERS.THEY ARE THE BEST"

mErEnEfErEee Furia
April 20, 2015 13:59:22

UBI's made a burger and someone has to eat it now.

Marblethrone Rycerski
April 20, 2015 14:10:09

Hamburger?

:P

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 20, 2015 14:12:15

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo. =)

April 20, 2015 14:27:42

@ Limbic-Jaelle: not possible to turn Mc Donalds to Burger King, yet you still desperately trying to do it ... thinking - "so what, burger is burger". That really wasnt best analogy to use in this particular case. This game was only Mc Donalds in the city and you making it into Burger King (which is at every corner) with arguments "We can not please everyone". Something to think about.

rodaff Mroczny
April 20, 2015 17:25:47

I don't care about fast food analogies, I simply want a good Heroes game and with this "skillwheel" I don't think it's going to happen.
Back in the day, strategy games were designed for people that wanted to think and take a challenge, but this game looks so lineal and bland like H6.
It's not too late to fix these mistakes and improve the game, delay the release date if necessary.

Sorgimus
April 18, 2015 09:58:57

WE NOT WANT HEROES 6 again! Devs listen us, please!

Don't do that mistake once more. I do not care - will play in this year or next. It is important that game should good. But what is presented today to the public in any way on a good game does not seem.

#DON'T_DO_REMAKE_OF_HEROES_6 // We not want Heroes 6 again!
#WNWH6

zackmaster2011 Rycerski
April 18, 2015 10:11:56

I want to agree with you. This game doesn't seem good.This game seems perfect. And i hope this will be the second game this year. And i will play this game many hours. It isn't remake of Heroes 6 . Maybe lamasu and ghosts ,but this is new game. You have no concrete idea what should be changed. Game seems perfect. Asha uses all.

RobvD84 Szalony
April 18, 2015 10:20:34

I am sorry zack, but a lot of things give of the feeling this is becomming H6 2.0. If they don't change things (like the look of icons and such, and even some names) this will stay, and that is not good. Look i don't really want to complain, but Ubi did had a lot of chances to do it right. There are even ppl going out of thier way to come up with things they could use. Like the skillwheel idea from stevie/BeyO_Ond. There are so many possibilities, but Ubi is blind to see them.

Quick_Benne_
April 18, 2015 10:22:42

Sorgimus, I fail to see how the air magic is comparable to HoMM VI. Once one was level 15 in HoMM VI, one could learn any spell without having any particular skill (if available).
In HoMM VII you have to spend at least 3 experience points to learn the most difficult spells. Moreover, you don't spend points on learning particular spells, you can learn them in the towns mage guilds, which HoMM VI did not feature.

So, are you being off topic or am I missing something? Please elucidate.

matrix123mko Doradca
April 18, 2015 10:31:07

Make more spells and skillwheel. It's H6 hero system in circle, not skillwheel.

Quick_Benne_
April 18, 2015 10:40:55

@Rob. To be honest, if they deliver a stable game I'll be pretty satisfied. HoMM VI just crashed all the time, and still does. That really took a lot of fun out of the game. I don't mind if pics and stuff gets copied; they are changing enough to make it an interesting new installment.
But AI wasn't very smart in HoMM VI, I hope they'll improve on that. I don't do multiplayer games (can't stand losing ;-) ).

Woodplay Magiczny
April 18, 2015 11:02:11

@Quick_Benne_
Same, I hope they will stabilize the game, black screen in Homm6 is boring, I have to restart the game every so and so, which makes it pretty boring.
And I am a single map player too :D, I want to learn all spell and enjoy to see my army and artifacts grow. But AI is pretty weak and unchallenging, one funny thing in Homm6, your ally hero is at 'weak', after you give them some exp (mentoring), then all the sudden, he become 'strong' and defeat all my enemies XD

apaTorsk Furia
April 18, 2015 11:32:31

@quick sometimes I wonder if we're talking about the same game, I didn't experience all that many bugs in H6, but we only played hot seat, never even tried the campaign... =D

RobvD84 Szalony
April 18, 2015 12:25:18

Oh come on there have been many examples why it feels and looks like H6 (not just copy paste shit, but also art style), so i feel no need to say all those things again. And i gave just an example.
A lot of ppl see this and since H6 gave such a bad impression, then that is what we will we see. I don't want another H6 (not only in looks and gameplay, but also not in the things that went wrong, like bugs and such).

RobvD84 Szalony
April 18, 2015 12:28:42

And it is easy to attack others isn't it damianjcoles? Why don't you tell me then what is so good about all this huh? Ofcourse i haven't played it yet. But if i see a H6 copy paste party i can't help to get a bad feeling about all of this. You can't really blame us for feeling like this.

Woodplay Magiczny
April 18, 2015 12:55:32

@ above
So you are the 'few' people claiming the magic system has a 'dramatic change' from Homm6? and reason why?
1) Have you seen a useful skill combination? Only Air + wisdom will affect X% damage of spell
2) Can you see new type of spell here? some spells are copied directly from Homm6, some from HommOnline/ Homm3 and 4

Woodplay Magiczny
April 18, 2015 12:57:11

3) Spell system is similar in terms of stretching and relocation of spells, each elements can only learn a small number of spell, you can't feel as a skill (Air) specialist, Homm3 and 4 have more adventure spells/skill combinations
4) In terms of spell division system by ranking, Homm6 has level requirements too
5) In terms of strengthening spell with X% damage, new variable apply to the formula (Master of Air lv. and it only change X% once per spell), but Homm6 has reputation as variable too

Woodplay Magiczny
April 18, 2015 12:58:58

6) In terms of applied condition from spell, Homm6 can dazed, here you face random direction (backstabbing) and push to X tiles
7) Ultimate is new, but it usefulness is unclear yet, but it looks extending faction ultimate of Homm6 to spells
I am not saying Homm7 hasn't change at all, but I still feel shadow of Homm6, and please don't insult everybody by saying they only view the pictures, because a lot of them have compared them in depths too

krayz1e2010 Mroczny
April 17, 2015 21:39:52

You can see AIR spells from Heroes 3. Heroes 3 has 19 air spells, Heroes 7 will have 8! Nice progress...

Cleglaw Doradca
April 17, 2015 21:43:42

aww.. that doesnt seem generous :(

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 21:47:07

yep, as i wrote

mediczero Młot Losu
April 17, 2015 21:49:21

Do consider that we have almost twice as many magic school...

RobvD84 Szalony
April 17, 2015 21:55:12

So? I think we can't have enough spells. Altho they still have to balance them, so i don't think they will give themselves that much work.

xzloth01 Wierny
April 17, 2015 21:55:36

i considered that, but we do not need so many schools

mediczero Młot Losu
April 17, 2015 22:03:00

I suggest to keep the number of magic schools (fits the setting), but adds one spell extra per level...

firephoenix37
April 17, 2015 22:31:23

I;d prefer a few balanced and useful spells than tons of useless and unbalanced spells. I like H3 but it's never known to be balanced.

jshalky Potężny
April 17, 2015 22:49:09

For me personaly the problem is there are no debufs in this school as I already wrote somewhere down bellow it should be no problem to create more interesting spells.
I would not mind even some with very similar abilities because the amount of scholls you can use is going to be limieted. What when you do not have acess to eart magic? Will you not be able to slow down your oponents? I also know that in H6 there were much more spells in prime magic but some of them just seemed strange :(

r4www
April 18, 2015 11:56:49

is this a h6 mod?

matrix123mko Doradca
April 18, 2015 12:03:36

Maybe

r4www
April 18, 2015 12:05:41

Play HoMM3 with the WoG expansion before you make "the best heroes"

heros306
April 18, 2015 12:06:18

I think it is...

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
April 18, 2015 13:19:17

@ r4www,

Joke's on you buddy. WoG is NOT an expansion, it's a fan-made mod. Hence, NOT a heroes game. So your opinion of the best heroes is not even a heroes game! Heroes was never meant to be like WoG, it isn't and never will be.

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 18, 2015 13:23:14

I've got to love how WoG is somehow evidence for NWC's greatness lol

Miks_ya Pradawny
April 18, 2015 13:26:23

KhanOfSlaughter
Yes, but WOG was popular among fans is not less than the original, then why not take ideas from it?

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 18, 2015 13:28:02

CoD is also popular, why not take ideas from it and make a M&M FPS?

Miks_ya Pradawny
April 18, 2015 13:33:44

Slingers
if you would like show his wit, sorry, that did not happen ...

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
April 18, 2015 13:38:45

It won't happen. Am I being unrealistic?

RobvD84 Szalony
April 18, 2015 13:46:30

Lol Slig don't give them ideas. EA did that with C&C too and it was not that well recieved.

broui Pradawny
April 18, 2015 17:55:14

"is this a h6 mod?"
Comments like these are pretty narrow minded. So far we've seen enough evidence that H7 will be drawing from AT LEAST H3, H4, H5, & H6. Each was flawed (albeit some more than others) and each had a lot to like. This magic system doesn't look like H6 at all.

r4www
April 18, 2015 23:29:48

yeah sorry. I know that WoG is the work of dedicated fans and I love them for that

r4www
April 18, 2015 23:35:22

@broui I beg too diiffer

April 19, 2015 00:09:26

@ KhanOfSlaughter : It will happen when I will be millionaire one day ...

KhanOfSlaughter Zdobywca
April 19, 2015 00:46:01

@ logical.dust, Haha good luck!

Chiasa Szalony
April 21, 2015 09:56:03

Good morning UbiLimbic
The skill system is atrocious
Have a nice day :)

rodaff Mroczny
April 21, 2015 23:08:19

Don't be so harsh yet, let's wait for the official "we aren't changing the skillwheel and you better deal with it" statement, surely it will change our minds.

Raenus Furia
April 21, 2015 07:22:43

Today is truly a wondrous day, wouldn't you say?
I just came back to check to see if you had gotten around to deleting my comment (which you obviously did) and I saw that you greatly cut down on the amount of spam from a certain member.
Thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.

Then I saw your statement on the skill wheel.

Raenus Furia
April 21, 2015 07:26:12

RARELY HAVE I BEEN AS FURIOUSLY RAGE FILLED AS I AM RIGHT NOW.

I fought for this game for a long time.
I cared deeply about it.
I criticized what I found wrong at times, and I defended it at others.
I have said several times that I would buy this game no matter what you did to it.
I even got angry at all of the people who were going to boycott it.

Raenus Furia
April 21, 2015 07:46:16

This will be my last post unless there is some really good news this week.

Raenus (THE FREAKIN MIND BLOWINGLY FURIOUS) out.

ereius69 Furia
April 21, 2015 09:57:39

You Eltheris are a virus to this community that need to be eradicated

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 10:00:22

sory for having diffrent opinion and taste

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 10:12:44

In some whay i find it funny when "adult" people react when someone says no to thier demands

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 10:32:20

Eltheris, normally I would agree with you, but... in this case, it's not even about the skillwheel. It's about the team's approach.

Even if their decision is reasonable, this kind of answer leaves a bad taste in nearly everyone's mouth - even for those who didn't mind the skill system, like me.

Marblethrone Rycerski
April 21, 2015 10:41:11

"That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of...powerlessness, that turns good men...cruel."

And yesterday's announcement.

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 10:42:35

So you wanted them say "NO" in politely manner or what ?

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 21, 2015 10:49:30

@Eltheris
Seriously dude, I hope for you that you're paid by Ubisoft or something lol

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 10:53:55

Sorry galaad to disapoint you ;)

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 11:00:12

I guess i will say this one more time i'm not a bot from ubi nor i'm being payed by them. I'm a free man whit my free will ;)

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 21, 2015 11:05:46

And you are totally entitled to like what almost everybody believe is crap lol

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 11:19:03

I will go cry in whit cornet that i'm a minority whit my vote result ;(

Eltheris Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 11:21:10

*go cry in corner

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 21, 2015 12:07:50

Lol. Did some of Raenus comments here has just been deleted, while the stupid chitchat with Eltheris stays? Amazing.

Chiasa Szalony
April 21, 2015 12:09:06

lol

Fr_BergV34
April 21, 2015 12:25:45

Moderator VS the Shadow Council .Lol.

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 12:30:33

Did someone preserve his posts? I'd like to read it again.

Chiasa Szalony
April 17, 2015 19:42:45

I don't know why but I strongly dislike these H6 icons, not sure if because of cartoonish style or bad experience with H6.

Shawn85 Potężny
April 17, 2015 19:47:18

H6 gave me super herpes; always blame H6. Academy bless you.

JotunLogi
April 17, 2015 19:54:16

I like almost all of them- infamous exceptions are same and boring books of 'Master of Air'- and my dislike I have expanded in comments below, ust do not want to repeat and spam by that :P
Honestly, the style of Hereos 6 is good but it reminds many people big disappointment

Cleglaw Doradca
April 17, 2015 21:53:53

those icons, they look stylish, reminding me of h3 ones. whirling wind and all.. i like it.

Antalyan Pradawny
April 17, 2015 22:05:21

I quite like Heroes 6. Of course that it cannot be compared to H5, but it is Heroes :D

Antalyan Pradawny
April 19, 2015 15:44:30

And I think they should rework these icons - I am not sure but it should not give them too much extra work.

Cleglaw Doradca
April 21, 2015 00:14:10

@Devs

you need to tell it(skill wheel & magic system) more detailed and with a seriously good presentation including videos. even i had to read related articles several times to gather all infos together and understand it properly. i like where your system and mechanics going, and i support it, but also i agree with some concerns where some councilers point out to you, rightfully. there are few posts acctually aiming it right to give serious good critism. "nothing can change" is wrong attitude.

Cleglaw Doradca
April 21, 2015 00:18:58

1-not enough explanation, to understand info presented, we literally try to solve a puzzle using article pieces---> lots of misunderstanding, both with likes and dont likes.

2-councilers doesnt feel they are really here to council things, because of end product infos you devs share. its breaks the bonds between community. it almost makes us feel pointless to be here.

3-trolls, flood, no punishment---> this is a serious problem as well, since its incredibly hard to track whats been discussed.

Cleglaw Doradca
April 21, 2015 00:23:10

this doesnt mean you should do whatever majority of councilers say, but you should at least give some time & chance, so you may acctually do somethings if you find them important enough to consider. "budget and time" may be a problem but thats not what i am talking about. the problem is, you devs doesnt include us to developement stage enough. most of the time, it feel only like advertising stuff.

Niwroc Pradawny
April 21, 2015 00:27:03

Thank you Cleglaw for that elegant summary of what seems to be going on and where most of the problems and confusion come in.

And on budget, kickstarter and a line of plushies have been suggested several times now.

Fr_BergV34
April 21, 2015 00:34:40

Cleglaw , well said, thank you .

Sempai_Mur Mroczny
April 21, 2015 00:37:54

@Cleglaw, first time I agree with an orc :D

Someborednerd Obieżyświat
April 21, 2015 00:47:16

Cleglaw, that's what I've been thinking too.

I wasn't even strongly against the H7 system and I was willing to test it out, but this response, "nothing can change" felt strange on me.

I mean, I suppose I do appreciate the honesty and I understand that they can't just change everything... but that still sounded a bit worrying.

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 21, 2015 01:19:38

Cleglaw, this IS advertising. And fans are usually no game designers, of course they can't "make the game with us". However, some people did truly analyze things, at HC, and despite the major unpopularity of VI -with skill system being a major flaw. The Skill System Redesign thread Marblethrone was linking a bit earlier is a good example of what the community can provide in order to actually improve the game.
However, it seems the high popularity of Heroes 5 skill system has been overlooked.

broui Pradawny
April 21, 2015 01:33:24

I agree with Cleglaw. Well said, sir.

rodaff Mroczny
April 21, 2015 01:36:48

@GalaadleHaut
I'm still amazed that they didn't realize that fans loved the H5 skillwheel and wanted something similar.
They said they wanted to include the best features of each heroes game, but they missed the mark by so far, that I wonder what kind of research they did?

GalaadleHaut Bohater
April 21, 2015 01:51:45

They went down the nine-legged spider path =P

rodaff Mroczny
April 21, 2015 01:58:43

How the great Spider Messiah Erwan, allowed this?
My faith in the supreme spider savior is at the lowest level right now =P